CMiller

news New Dark Theme Update

There is new a new dark theme that will be used as the default theme. It fixes some issues that people were having with the previous dark theme plus it has some cool features that react to the time of the day you're browsing the site. 

I've done my best to squash the bugs I could but if you come across any bugs please report them in the Problems forum. 

P.S. the dark theme shows our new logo. 

• Upvote 9

Firstly, I love the new dark theme. It looks really good. 

Secondly, the background of the new dark theme seems to have changed since I first saw it yesterday. The background pattern is the same, but the color was dark gray at the top of the page, and a dark red towards the bottom of the page. The new background is blue, and it doesn't look bad, but it does kind of "wash-out" the new logo at the top.  Not complaining at all because I really don't have an eye for such things, but was more curious if  it will be cycling though different backgrounds. That's would be an interesting touch.

Lastly, I feel a little strange leaving a comment in a news section, but I see previous post in this section have had replies. If this reply shouldn't be here, please move or delete it as needed.

image.png

image.png

I changed the logo to white to display correctly now. 

But the colors change based on the time of day from sunrise to night. 

I don't like the dark theme, but I can switch it back.

What I don't like is people posting deliberately with white font, that basically make the topic unreadable for everyone (like me) who has the white background! Please understand that if you don't change the font colour, IT GOES AUTOMATICALLY WHITE for the dark background, and IT GOES AUTOMATICALLY BLACK for the white background.

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2016 at 2:08 AM, Kumagoro said:

I don't like the dark theme, but I can switch it back.

What I don't like is people posting deliberately with white font, that basically make the topic unreadable for everyone (like me) who has the white background! Please understand that if you don't change the font colour, IT GOES AUTOMATICALLY WHITE for the dark background, and IT GOES AUTOMATICALLY BLACK for the white background.

If you (or anyone notice) the deliberate white text been applied, please report to any mod and we will endeavour to change it so the text colour is neutral (where possible) to the theme.

• Upvote 2