A College Weight Room Story: The Path to Gains Part 7

Vonny

Part 1  Part 2  Part 3  Part 4  Part 5  Part 6

Guess what? I'm back and I have plenty of twist and turns coming! Sorry for taking so long. I had to plan and I was pretty busy. Technically I still am but I will be posting once a week on Wednesdays. 

Have fun.

A College Weight Room Story: The Path to Gains 

Saturday: The Void Part 7

It has been over two weeks since Troy and I last spoke of him quitting working out. We never hung out outside of fitness related activities to begin with, so I found myself with a huge problem. Working out alone has been lame and I wanted him to be in the gym with me. Something he does not. I still want to be his friend too. He is my bro, but how do we maintain our relationship if the one thing we bonded over isn’t allowed anymore? How can I even speak to Troy if it isn’t about gains, protein, or a gym pump? How do I be his friend while trying to ignore the one thing we bonded over?

“Von, are you listening?” Ethan says.

“Sorry man. I’m just a little distracted,” I say. It’s 5:30 and we are in the dining hall getting out fill of baked chicken and pasta. You can never have enough protein and carbs.

“You work out today?”

“No.”

I would go to the gym today eventually. I just had no motivation to go just yet. Going alone sucks and now I usually wait to go at night when the usual lonely people go.

“Then maybe you should go and blow off some steam.”

“That probably won’t work,” I say.

“Well how about a little wrestling to take your mind off of things? He says this with a huge smile. Wrestling is his favorite past time.

“That actually doesn’t sound too bad, but I still need to workout.”

“Well you will be at the gym. Just workout afterwards, dude!”

“What about you bro? Don’t you workout? I know you didn’t just wake up swelling like a beast!”

“Of course I workout man!” he says and laughs. “I wouldn’t have much time to workout though. I have a night class.”

“How about this? We figure out a time to wrestle and lift. I’m in a desperate need of a workout partner.”

“And you want it to be me?” he says, eyes widening.

“Dude, we could destroy the gym together,” I say laughing.

“Alright then. Let’s do it, bro! My night class ends at 9pm every night.”

“Let’s go then. You’ll need a pick me up afterwards I bet.”

“Right!” he says this with his eyes flashing with joy. “This is great man. I always go to the gym alone but now I won’t have to. Don’t you go with someone already? What’s the kids name? Tony… Trae…”

“Troy,” I say silently. My elated mood drops a bit and Ethan notices.

“What’s up? Why are you down suddenly?”

I’m surprised that he asked. Ethan and I usually don’t talk about feelings. Our conversations usually involve who is going to get beat down first on the wrestling mat. I look him straight in the eye and I see that he genuinely cares. No, bull shit either. Should I tell him?

“Uhh… Troy is taking an extended break from the gym,” I say.

“Extended as in…”

“Extended as in his girlfriend has banned him from working out for the rest of his life and I lost one of my best bros.”

Ethan pauses. I can see his mind calculating what he wants to say. His eye flicker in his head and eventually his eyebrows arch into two pointed angled. He is angry.

“Well fuck that!” he says. “What jerk of a girlfriend takes something so great away. Working out is an amazing experience that everyone should enjoy!”

“I know…”

“Like… Damn it… Troy is huge as fuck. That dude is gifted and to throw it all away just so he could keep boning. That’s horrible!”

“I know. Now I usually work out alone”

“Don’t you take a gym class?”

“Yes, but it’s only twice a week and honestly those guys will never be as swole as Troy. He was a bit special.”

“Sounds like you had a bit of a crush on him.”

“Naw man! It wasn’t that! It’s just. I really admired him.” I say. I’m fighting to find words.  “I wanted to be like him and it sucks that he’s giving up.”

“You really think I can replace such a beast?”

“You are a beast, man!”

“I don’t see it.”

“Trust me man. You got what it takes.”

He motions to open his mouth but stops. I can tell he is thinking.

“Alright, let’s do this, bro.” he says and reaches across the table to give me a fist bump. I reach up, my fist connecting with his.

“And so starts a new path to gains.” I say with a smile. “What are you up to tonight, bro?”

“Nothing. I could actually go for a good workout tonight. Want to go at 6:30?”

“That sounds like a good plan. I’ll head back to my frat house and change and I’ll see you there.”

“Cool.”

The clock soon strikes 6:30 and I find myself in the gym with Ethan. We decide to work biceps and shoulders and it is amazing. We start with preacher curls and I am mesmerized by the sheer size of Ethan’s biceps. He is wearing a tight blue compression shirt and his biceps bulge through the sleeves like boulders. I can see each dip and curve in his thick arms before he even begins doing curls and once he starts his biceps immediately begin to swell with the rush of blood.

“Damn man!” I say. “Your arms are so fucking jacked.”

He looks at me and turns a little red. He continues to curl the 70 pound bar with ease and I just watch in admiration.

“Dude, your chest is the equivalent of my biceps. I wish I had those thick pecs, but you already know that man haha.”

After we finish preacher curls we move on to hammer curls. I grab two 35 pound dumbbells and he grabs two 45s.

“You going in strong man?” I ask.

“Nope, this is just where I start.”

Fuck.

“Man, I need to be where you are.”

“Give it a few weeks and you will be just as big as me.”

We work our way through and everything moves so smoothly and naturally. It was a whole new and completely awesome experience. Ethan is just as strong as Troy and while he does not have the competitiveness within him that Troy had, he has his own thing going on. He’s a cool dude and I’m glad he decided to give this a shot. After we finish working shoulders we are sweaty and in desperate need of showers. We walk side by side out of the gym and I look at the locker room door. So many memories flash through my head. Memories of Troy walking around nude without a care in the world. Memories of me hearing him cum in the shower. Memories of him grabbing my cock. That’s definitely a complicated one…

“Von!”

“Huh. What’s going on?”

“You zoned out there man.”

“Sorry dude. I was thinking about some stuff.”

We continue our walk out of the gym. Guess we won’t be having the locker room fun Troy and I had. It’s fine though. I did not expect it from him.

“You want to meet tomorrow to wrestle or play basketball, bro?”

“I’m down for that. What time?”

“Tomorrow is the Spring festival so sometime after 3.”

“Alright, I’ll see you then man.”

We are outside now and I’m about turn to walk away when Ethan reaches up and grabs my bicep. He gives my right arm a nice hard squeeze and smiles.

“I can already fell those stones growing, man. You may be able to dominate me physically one day.”

“You mean how I already do in wrestling!” I say laughing.

“Hey, you know I’m stronger than you when we wrestle!”

“Yeah, but I’m faster.”

“For now. I’ll make sure to thicken you up a bit,” he says this with a cocky smile on his face, turns away, and walks off to him room.

Maybe he isn’t so different from Troy.

• Upvote 13