There's a new book on Amazon.com about muscle growth

41WXHD05uGL._AC_US160_.jpg

"Journeys are unpredictable. Not the ones planned on your smart phone. The ones you lay out for your life. The ones measured in years rather than miles. Those can be longer and take you further than you can imagine, especially if they are fueled by ambition. Because ambition strives. At first for goals... until it reaches them. Then for more... because it’s insatiable.

Harry Zane was led off the stage by the Feds after winning the biggest title in bodybuilding. He's about to travel to another world. A place where physical development is religion, more is not enough, and genetic engineering is unfettered. And he’s about to learn that what we seek is usually not what we seek."

• Upvote 7

I just finished this book and I can honestly say that I don't know if this was worth the money, as there was no review for the book when I bought it. That being said the book starts as kind of a muscle fetish story, but towards the end of the first third of the book it transitions from a muscle fetish story to one of warning about excess and obsession. Genetic horrors become present in the quest to become huge and the story quickly turns darker and overall less fun. The characters act stupidly in their inability to see where the obsession is leading them even though they know the dangers and see the writing on the wall. They are just enablers and this leads to a lot of needless pain and tragedy. Now that I think about it, the more I read the story in the later chapters, the angrier I got at what was happening in the story.There are depictions of sex in this book but they are of straight sex, so if you are a 100% gay man (like myself) they won't really do much for you and are few in number, I think there are about 4 sex scenes in this 350+ page book. Also the scenes are pretty plain/short and don't have much detail to them so don't bother even getting the book for that, as you can find more fulfilling scenes in any of the stories that you can find on this site or the rest of the internet for free. 

Overall I think this story is a skip if you are looking for a decent muscle fetish book. Try this story from Hugh Michleson if you want something steamier and not quite as fucked up.

Sorry for the vagueness of the review but I was trying to do it without giving away spoilers for those who might still want to read the book.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, S34N said:

I just finished this book and I can honestly say ...

Thanks for the review.  Saves me the trouble of buying it!

I just finished it too, but I really liked it.  It was the best book ive read so far this year.  Im a big fan of Stephen King and Sci Fi, and this was a combination of both.  The story telling was very imaginative and cleverly tied to ancient myths.  It didnt have the suspense of a King novel, but there were more wild twists in the plot.   It contained lessons like you'd find in a sci-fi book and the scientific elements were plausible and provocative. Its definitely dark, but I was expecting that based on the cover and title (Saligia was a clue in Dan Brown's Inferno that meant 7 deadly sins).

I enjoyed the muscle growth, especially in the first few chapters.  If anything, I wanted more of it in the second half of the book.  It was descriptive without being gratuitous. However, if your looking for hot sex, light reading or happy endings, this isnt for you.  So I agree with first review on that.  But i disagree that the characters acted stupidly.  To me they had the mentality of today's bodybuilders who take big risks with synthol and drugs which predictably ruins their physique and then their health.  Too many have died young.

So I give this one: ?

I looked for another title by this author, but didnt find one.  So this must be his first book.  Excellent effort if it is.

• 1 month later...

I liked it too.  I read the Kindle preview and wanted to read the rest os it so I bought it.  It took me a while to finish it.  Good writing and it was a lot deeper than I was expeting, which was a nice suprise.  It was very orignal and Ive not read anything like it before.  I normally dont post on this forum, but I wanted to recommend this one.