Ben and Roger

Lexfan

Roger found it hard to believe that it was already six months from the Saturday morning that Ben and he met.  Ben had spent almost every night in Roger’s bed since their first night together less than two weeks after that initial meeting.  The amount of time they had spent together had not decreased Roger’s attraction to Ben. Roger still found himself getting hard almost as soon as Ben entered a room. Fortunately, Roger could tell that Ben’s interest also had not cooled down. Indeed, Roger considered it a problem that they had a hard time having a conversation because they struggled to keep their hands off each other. 

On most weekends, Roger took Ben for rides out into the countryside on Roger’s motorcycle. Roger love the feel of Ben sitting behind him, wrapping his strong arms around Roger’s midsection to stay on. It was not unusual for people in the passenger seats of cars traveling alongside them to quickly pull out their phones to take a picture of the younger and older hunks plastered against each other. 

Of course, they also spent many hours pushing each other in the gym.  Their typical workouts lasted about two hours and left them both sweaty and depleted.  Afterwards, they would return to Roger’s apartment where he would make Ben a high protein shake from exclusive formulas Roger obtained from his hbodybuilding contacts.  Ben would guzzle the shakes down quickly so that he could get Roger in the sack while they both had good pumps. Not surprisingly over the six months they had been working out relentlessly together, Ben had put on almost ten pounds of muscle. Eyeing his young companion’s progress, Roger started pushing himself even harder, even though he would never admit it to himself, because Ben started to rival Roger’s muscle mass. With extra work and food, Roger managed just barely to maintain a 15 pound lead. 

In the bedroom, Ben had quickly lost the reticence he had initially felt about sex with another man.  He had started mimicking on Roger the manner that Roger sucked Ben’s cock, and then the subsequent week asked Roger to lead him through the experience of being fucked by a man for the first time.  Roger was impressed by the extent Ben was willing to trust him and held on through the initial discomfort. Ben soon came to find deep pleasure in the feeling of Roger moving in and out of him. Shortly after that, Roger suggested Ben take a turn “pitching,” which Ben did with gusto once he figured out what Roger meant.  (As much as they both enjoyed their sex life, they both harbored fears that they were not man enough to keep the other satisfied). 

As much as he was enjoying their current mutual infatuation, Roger remained unsure about where things with Ben were heading.  He had a deep affection for Ben that exceeded in importance to him even his enjoyment of their “sexy time.”   He nevertheless had a hard time thinking of Ben as his long term “partner.”  Although Ben would frequently tell Roger that he had the body of a college linebacker and the sex drive of a man half his age, Roger never lost sight of the reality that he was almost 25 years Ben’s senior.  He also kept in mind that as he was Ben’s “first,” Ben had no other experiences for comparison. Sooner or later, Ben was going to want to know what it was like to be intimate with other men - indeed it was something he should know in order to make a decision about what he wanted with Roger. 

Roger also recognized there was inherent difficulty arising from their position in life. Roger at 49 really never needed to work another day in his life because the asle of his company had left with a net worth in the mid eight figures. Further, with his investments and continuing consulting business, it was possible his worth could exceed $100,000,000 by the time he was 60.  Understandably, Ben at 25 was still coming to terms with what he was going to do with his life. His net worth was barely in the five figures, which made it difficult for him to consider returning to school, although that would be in his best interest. Roger would gladly have picked up the tab for Ben’s further education, and just about anything else Ben wanted, but he did not want to create a situation where Ben felt compelled to be with Roger just to get a degree or maintain a lifestyle.

Roger was wrestling with these thoughts when he received a large envelope in the mail.  Inside was a hand-written letter inviting Roger and any guest he wanted to bring to the yearly gathering of “The League,” taking place in two months in Mykonos, Greece.  Roger was taken by surprise that he had received the invitation.  “The League” was an informal gathering of extremely successful gay men from around the world.  As the gathering was highly selective and invitation only, Roger could not helped but be pleased that he had been identified as someone in “their league.” At the same time, he wondered how he had been identified.  Even though he had not denied being gay ever since he and his ex-wife separated, he had done very little to draw attention to that fact, and he was not part of any social circles that would bring him to the group’s attention. He concluded that it may just have been the result of press coverage of the sale of his company.

Roger’s initial impulse was just to consider the invitation an ego boost but otherwise ignore it. But then thought came to him that connections he might make could be helpful to his consulting business. He had never been to the Greek Islands but it was high on his future travel list.  Moreover, he knew the gathering would include hundreds of attractive and successful gay men. He had wanted to expand Ben’s contact with other gay men, and it seemed unlikely that someone in that crowd would not hit on him. Even if it went nowhere, which is what Roger expected, Ben would at least gain some experience in making choices about his life. 

That evening, Roger broached the subject with Ben, explaining that attending could be a good networking opportunity for Roger, but having Ben with him would make the experience easier, and that they could take some time while there for some time together. Ben was initially hesitant because of the cost. Accepting the invitation was $20,000 for person.  It was unclear just what you got for that money except the cache of being able to say you had attended “The League.”  Roger’s simple response was that he didn’t mind spending the money, as a single successful connection could be worth many times that amount, and of course he would be paying all of Ben’s expenses.   

Ben had one remaining concern.

“So, is there going to be a lot of hook ups going on at this event?”

“Probably, I’ve never been but I can’t imagine a week-long event for gay men where there wasn’t some of that. Are you concerned I’m going to be fooling around whenever you’re not looking?”

“No, are you concerned that I might hook up with someone?”

“If you did, I would write it off as just sex, unless you tell me you have fallen in love and are moving to Switzerland or where ever your boy toy is from. And if you tell me that, I will just wish you best of luck and be on my way.”

“No jealousy?”

“Probably some, but if you could fall for someone so soon after our getting together, I would probably just eventually write it off to it being the best thing for both of us.”

Roger could see some disappointment and fear in Ben’s eyes. 

“Not that I wouldn’t miss your sweet sexy face sitting across the table from me, and your hot little body underneath me in bed.”

Ben’s face lit up.  

“Okay, if it’s something you want, I’m in.”  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Great chapter. I can understand both guys' fears and insecurities about being good enough for one another. Roger's consciousness of his age and worrying that Ben would find someone younger and hotter than him, is what most men over 40 are insecure about.

But there are some that make it work. I remember when I was 26, I met this couple one guy was 27 and his lover was 42 but looked in his 20s and he was really cute too.

• 2 months later...

Two months later, Ben stared out the window of the small commuter plane flying over the Aegean from Athens to Mykonos. Ben had been traveling for over fourteens hours already, and he was tired. Nevertheless, he was fascinated by the expanse of water dotted with islands. 

Although the trip had been Roger’s idea, Ben was traveling alone.  A week ago a matter had arisen with one of Roger’s clients that needed Roger’s hands on attention for a few days.  Roger rescheduled himself for a flight to Greece two days later, but he had urged Ben to go on as scheduled by himself.  The room was already paid for and Ben had scheduled the vacation time.

Roger had arranged for first class tickets for the trip to Athens, but a small commuter flight was the only option from Athens to Mykonos. Fortunately, the flight was less than an hour long.  Ben’s seat was near the rear of the plane. As looked toward the front of the plane, Ben noticed that among the thirty-two passengers, there appeared to be only four women. He also noticed that there were a significant number of young men with muscular builds struggling to squeeze into the narrow seats.  Ben realized that they must also be gay men going to the League gathering. Ben became a little more nervous about what he was getting into.  

The plane landed and Ben picked up his luggage - he had packed light - and went outside the small airport and found a cab to take him to his hotel.  As the cab pulled away from the airport and Ben surveyed the landscape of sunparched brush, he wondered what was the fuss abut Mykonos, but as he approached the hotel and he saw the beaches and the white washed buildings, he was impressed by the island’s beauty.

Ben checked into the hotel without problem as Roger had called to inform them that Ben would be arriving first and that he would be following two days later.  In the lobby, Ben again noted a surprising number of attractive men with builds that looked like they had spent most of their lives at a gym.  The hotel was built on a hillside with rooms staggered going up so that each suite had a large balcony with an unobstructed view out over the harbor.  As Ben entered he was stunned by both the view and its spaciousness, as it included both a large sitting room with a wet bar and a bedroom with king size canopy bed, each section with its own balcony.  

After Ben put away his things, Ben looked at his phone and saw a text from Roger, asking if it he had arrived and how was it. For his response, Ben just walked out onto the balcony and took a picture of the view and texted it to Roger. Then he texted, “Here without problem, just got the hotel room.” Then as a follow up he texted “You won’t believe the number of buff guys here.” Roger sent back two words: “Have fun.”

As he had now been up for over 18 hours, Ben considered just taking a nap. He then remembered a friend recommended trying to stay awake as long as possible to minimize jet-lag, and Ben decided he would stay awake into the evening.  He reviewed the schedule the League had provided Roger for social gatherings during the week and saw that the first one was at a bar in the town below in about four hours.  Ben decided he would take a walk around the town to get his bearings and then come back to the hotel for a swim before heading to the bar.  He was a little anxious about it because he had actually never been in a gay bar, but decided he could easily just leave if he felt uncomfortable and wait for Roger to arrive before attending anything else. 

The walk into town was a quarter-mile downhill.  When he got there, he found a remarkable harbor with a number of large luxury yachts docked.  Along the side of the harbor were a set of white windmills unlike any that Ben had scene before, and about an eighth of a mile of beached waterfront lined with restaurants with outdoor seating. Moving in, the town itself consised of a maze of small cobblestine streets lined with bars, restaurants, and shops, most selling art, jewelry or high end clothing. 

After walking some distance from the beach through the maze of streets, Ben discovered a small art gallery that intrigued him.  The paintings were from local artists, and the current exhibition centered on modern works concerning Greek mythology.  Ben wandered slowly taking in each work, but found himself particularly drawn to a work depicting a very old dog looking as if it were on its last legs, lying on a floor, a few flies around it, with a vaguely depicted archer’s bow nearby.  The care taken to depict the age and rough shape the dog was in struck Ben, but he couldn’t figure out what was its relationship to the theme of the exhibition.  Suddenly, Ben heard a voice next to him.

“Impressive work, isn’t it?”

Ben turned to face one of the most impressive men he had ever seen. Ben estimated he was about 6’4” and probably in his mid-thirties.  He had dark close cut hair and the chiseled face of a comic book hero, but with a black beard. He was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, but the shirt was perfectly cut to display an amazing muscular build, with a chest well over 50 inches tapering down into a waist in the low thirties.  His arms were big and thick, particularly his triceps which appeared like over-inflated footballs.  Ben guessed he weighed over 260. The thought crossed Ben’s mind that this guy was even more stacked than Roger.

Ben fumbled to get his thoughts together to respond.

“Yes, but I’m not quite sure what the title, “Argos” refers to.”

“Argos was Odysseus’s faithful dog.  According to the Odyssey, he kept himself alive for 20 years until he saw that his master had returned.”  

“That’s pretty moving. Thanks for explaining.”

“My pleasure. Nice to see someone as young as you interested in paintings.”

Ben considered responding that it was nice to see a guy who looked like he spent all his time at the gym doing the same, but decided that might be a bit too forward.

“Thank you. I have always enjoyed art when I get the chance although I don’t know much about it.”  

“Are you here for the League gathering this week?”

“Yes.”

“Invited, or here on your own to meet someone?”

“A guest of someone invited.”

“Me too. I hope I see you around.”

“Me too.”

“Take care.”  

The striking stranger turned and walked on to look at some of the other works. Ben felt a bit disappointed that he hadn’t asked the stranger’s name.  He considered walking after him and asking, but felt awkward about doing so.  After a few minutes, he turned his head to get a quick last look at the stranger before leaving. The stranger was talking to an older man Ben guessed was the owner of the gallery. The stranger briefly noticed Ben looking at him and gave Ben a quick smile.  Ben became unnerved at the fact that the stranger could tell Ben was looking at him, and he quickly left the gallery and started his walk back to the hotel.

When Ben got back to his hotel room, he found himself too tired to go for a swim, so he decided he would rest for awhile before heading out for the welcoming gathering.  Lying on the hotel bed, Ben found his mind continuing to drift back to the handsome stranger from the art gallery. His striking face and massive build alone would have grabbed Ben’s attention, but the fact that he was friendly and obviously knew a lot about art was not what Ben expected from a man who looked like that.  After turning these thoughts in his head for a while, Ben started to feel guilty, as if thinking about another man was somehow disloyal to Roger. However, Roger had just told him to “have fun” so he probably wouldn’t mind  

It took Ben about half an hour to walk into town and find the bar where the welcoming gathering was taking place. The streets outside were filled with young, good looking men - most appeared to be younger than Ben in their early twenties - which surprised Ben because he understood from Roger that most of the members of The League were older.  When he worked his way to the front, he found a security guard who asked to see Ben’s identification which he checked with a tablet device.  Once Ben was finally able to enter, he in fact found closer to what he expected, about half the crowd were in their forties or older. However, even these men seemed in unusually good condition, some even appeared like they could give Roger a run for his money.  The other half of the crowd were guys who appeared to be mainly in their twenties, with a few exceptions a little older.  By and large this group looked like they could pass as a well dressed team of water polo champions.  Ben was proud of how he was looking after his months of training with Roger, but here it appeared to him that as far as looks he was nothing special.

Ben went to the bar and got himself a beer.  Standing there, he heard multiple languages being spoken. He could identify Spanish, Italian, French and German, besides English in both American and British dialects. Although Ben was not typically shy, he began to feel like a fish out of water, not sure how to connect with the crowd around him. To get out of the crowd around the bar, Ben took his beer back to a corner of the room and looked around to assess the crowd.  Suddenly, he felt a touch on his shoulder, and he turned to see the handsome stranger from the art gallery, although now wearing a tight navy blue polo shirt, its short sleeves hard pressed by his huge arms, and its top stretched tight by the expansive chest and shoulders. 

“Hey, remember me?”

“Of course, you are close to the only person I have talked to today.”

“I apologize, I should have introduced myself at the gallery. I’m Samuel.”

“Ben here.   Nice to meet you Samuel. Where are you from?”

“London.”

“Why don’t you have a British accent then?”

“I grew up around San Diego. I moved to London eight years ago. So did you come tonight on your own?”

“Yeah, the guy I’m here with won’t be arriving for a few more days.” 

A slight smile appeared on Roger’s face.

“First time at one of these?”

“Yeah, I didn’t really know what to expect.”

“Reactions so far?”

“I am struggling to stay awake since I just arrived after flying from the U.S. today.  Right now, I would say loud and crowded.”

“Agreed. Any chance you would be interested in getting out of here and having dinner with me?”

Ben was a little taken back. In the past six months since he became involved with Roger, he had not really been interested in spending time with anyone else. But now, of course, Roger was thousands of miles away, and he couldn’t deny he felt a little excited that this huge hunk was paying attention to him.  

“Sure. You lead the way.” 

“Great! “I know a place down on the harbor, a little away from the main traffic.” 

To Ben’s surprise, Samuel reached over and grabbed Ben’s right hand in Samuel’s big left hand and the proceeded to lead him through the crowd to the door. Although the crowd was dominated by a young and good looking guys they all stepped back as Samuel walked by.  Ben could feel all of their eyes on him and suspected that more than a few of were staring with jealousy  

As they stepped outside, Samuel slowed so Ben could catch up and walk alongside him, but his left hand did not let go of Ben’s right hand. Ben decided two men walking hand in hand must just be one of those European things, so he didn’t object.  They walked slowly through the town without talking, until they eventually arrived at an open air restaurant along the harbor.  Samuel led them to a small table in a secluded corner with a view of the fishing boats in the water. The table was largely in the dark but Ben was able to look at Samuel across the table in the warm glow of a candle. Ben wondered if the softness of the light magnified how large and broad Samuel’s upper body appeared, or if he just really was that big.  And that handsome. Ben felt uneasy about wanting to stare into Samuel’s perfect face encompassed by thick black hair and trimmed beard.  

They sat together silently for a minute looking at each other before Samuel spoke up.  

“You ok, or the jet-lag getting the better of you?”

“Thanks but I am ok.”

“You seem like you are a little uncomfortable.” 

Ben thought for a second but went with his basic instinct to be honest.

“Maybe just a little intimidated.”

“Really, why?”

“Look at you.”

“Really? Look at you. I had to get you out of that place quick before someone tried to snatch you up.” 

Ben blushed at the compliment.  He was also more than a little unnerved by this handsome mountain of a man showing interest in him, and feeling a little guilty that he knew he was very turned on by the attention. In the six months he had been with Roger, he had come around to accepting that his dominant sexual atttraction was to the kind of muscular masculinity that Roger eptomized, and that attraction was not limited to Roger.  However, men in Roger’s league were so exceedingly rare that Ben had really never thought twice about the possibility of meeting another interested in him.  Now that unlikely event was sitting across the table flirting with him.

“Well, thanks, but just given your size and looks, it was hard to believe any one wasn’t watching where you went.” 

“So you like big guys, I take it.”

This guy was very direct. Ben thought if he tried to avoid answering he would look foolish.

“Yeah, I guess I do. The only guy I have been with is really built like you, but not quite as tall.”

“The only guy? That’s interesting. I take it this is the guy you are here with. How long have you been involved with him?” 

“We met a little over six months ago.”  

“That recent? And no one before that?”

“I hadn’t met a guy who I was strongly attracted to before him. But from the moment we met, I couldn’t get him out of my mind. ”

“Lucky guy!”

“I am. He’s incredible.”

“No, I meant him. Because you’re sexy as fuck!”

Ben was completely unprepared to respond, particularly because he knew that he was having a hard time talking to Samuel and not think about how much he wanted to see that huge chest without a shirt over it.    

“Thanks. What about you? Is there someone you’re involved with?”

“It depends what you mean by “involved.”  I’m here with my friend Leo.  I have known him for about eleven years. We met shortly after I got out of the marines. He helped me found my business, and he’s very important to me. I lived with him for about six years.”

“Where are you staying?’

“On his yacht on the other side of the harbor.”

“His yacht?”

“Yeah, Leo is a very successful man.”  

“It’s nice that after you stopped living with him, you remained friends.”

“We both recognized that while we still enjoyed each other, we would both be happier living separately.” 

“How old is he?”

“He’s 62 now, but he’s not like any other 62 year old I have ever met. He’s a force of nature.  I struggle to keep up with him.”

“That’s funny. Roger is not like any other 50 year old I have ever met, and I definitely struggle to keep up with him.”

“Roger? Is that the guy you are here with?”

“Yes, although he isn’t here yet. He was delayed by business.”  

“How old are you?”

“25.”

“Just about the same age difference between you and him as between me and Leo. So, if you don’t mind me asking, what’s the arrangement between you two? Are you exclusive?”

Ben hesitated for a second. He recalled Roger saying to him that he was free to do as he wanted and have fun, but Ben had not given that much attention or taken it seriously, as he couldn’t imagine meeting anyone who could distract him from Roger.  Now he was sitting at a secluded beachfront restaurant talking by candlelight with a guy who seemed really nice and had the biceps of Hercules.  He should probably try and change the subject to safer ground.     

“We haven’t really talked much about that.  Can I ask you something? Do you compete? Your build is amazing.”

Samuel smiled, clearly glad to get the compliment.  

“Really briefly, and then I was a trainer for awhile.  I gave it up when I started my business but I do my best to stay in condition.”

“You succeed. What is your business?” 

“I help collectors and museums find rare pieces of art and antiquities.  It is something I got interested in while traveling around the world with Leo.  He helped me realize I had a good eye for telling real from fake.”

“Wow. that’s impressive.”

“I’m far from a billionaire like Leo, but I enjoy it and I do okay. I get to travel a lot and there is some adventure to hunting pieces down.”

Ben couldn’t lie to himself, he was really turned on by this guy. He was torn between wanting to spend more time and wanting to run away.  He told himself there was nothing wrong with getting to know a friendly stranger, particularly one this good looking, and continued the conversation with small talk.  He asked Samuel about his travels, about life in London, about his years in the marines. While Samuel answered his questions, Ben couldn’t help but stare at the way Samuel’s chest and huge delts pulled his shirt tight, and the way the muscles in his arms seemed to inflate when he moved them.  

After finishing a meal of octopus and a bottle of wine, Ben told Samuel he needed to get a few hours sleep, as he had now been awake for over thirty hours. Samuel indicated he would walk with Ben back to his hotel.  Ben was going to object but then realized he really didn’t know his way back and Samuel was clearly familiar with the area.  Samuel led Ben through the crowded main area of the town, and then veered them off into near empty winding cobblestone side streets. Samuel walked close to him and they continued talking as they went. The thought crossed Ben’s mind that Samuel expected to come to Ben’s room with him. 

Eventually Ben recognized his hotel a short distance ahead. Samuel grabbed Ben’s hand and led him into a nearby empty doorway of a shop, out of sight of people entering and leaving the hotel.  Samuel stood close in front of Ben, their chests almost touching.  Ben could feel his pulse start to pound as Samuel looked into Ben’s eyes. Samuel’s strong hand right hand grabbed Ben’s left arm, his thumb pressing into the side of Ben’s bicep and the other fingers stretched across the triceps. Standing so close, Ben couldn’t help a bit overwhelmed by Samuel’s size.  Roger had about twenty pounds on him, but he suspected Samuel had forty.    

“Thanks for the company tonight, Ben. I had a really good time.”

“Me too. I should be doing the thank you’s. I would have been alone and without any idea where to go with you.”

“Oh, I doubt you would have been alone for long. So what are you doing tomorrow?”

“Sleeping late. Why?”

“You want to go to the beach with me?”

“Sure but not before 11.”

“Meet me in front of the hotel at 11:30 tomorrow morning.” 

“See you then.”

“Okay, good night buddy.”

They both stood still for about ten seconds facing each other, Samuel still holding onto Ben’s arm as they looked into each other’s eyes. Ben could feel his heart start to pound.

Samuel slightly moved his head down toward Ben’s face. Ben without thinking lifted his up. Gradually their lips met. Ben almost started to giggle, as he had never before kissed a man with facial hair and the feeling against his clean shaven face slightly tickled. As Ben parted his lips and their tongues met, Ben lifted his right arm and placed it on Samuel’s left arm, but stretching his hand Ben could not reach beyond Samuel’s large and rock hard tricep.

They stood like that kissing for about two minutes. As Ben felt Samuel withdraw his tongue and start to move his face back, he released his grip on Samuel’s arm. Samuel slowly release his grip on Ben’s arm and smiled as he looked into Ben’s eyes for about twenty seconds before speaking.  

“Good night.”

Samuel turned and walked back down street toward the main part of town. Ben watched him leave and then walked the remaining few hundred feet to the front door of his hotel, nodding to the door men as he entered.  He could tell his pulse was still pounding hard.  When he got to his room, and the door closed behind him, he exhaled hard and spoke to himself out loud.

“What the fuck have I done.” 

A6C1D0E0-912C-4DC0-B7CF-71ABA686CC57.png

E0DD3111-AD8B-49E1-B5E2-571FF815BBC1.png

Edited by Lexfan
Correct typos
  • Like 5

Great Chapter,  Lexfan!

I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here. Ben is young,  whereas Roger is older and more experienced.  Where Roger is coming from,  he knows that there's the possibility that Ben could meet someone younger and more attractive than him.  But Ben will have to decide ultimately if he wants a future with Roger.  They haven't thrown the L word  out yet,  so technically Ben isn't really betraying Roger since they haven't talked about being exclusive together yet. 

But if that were the case and they were exclusive and forgive each other then I would have serious issues with what Ben is doing kissing another man.  When you love someone,  you don't cheat on them.  That's just not how it works. 

Can't wait to read the next installment.