Ben and Roger

Lexfan

Ben arrived shortly before 6 pm at Roger’s building for the Wednesday evening workout that they had agreed to before Ben left Tom’s apartment on Saturday evening.  Ben was wearing pretty basic work out clothes - a pair of blue shorts, and a dark blue sleeveless t-shirt. As he looked around the lobby, he heard the guy at the front desk call out to him.

“Are you Ben?”

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“Roger gave me a description of you and left a message for you. He is warming up in the gym. You should just go meet him there. It’s down the corridor over there.”

“Thanks. So just out of curiosity, what was the description?”

“Basically a guy mid twenties, about six foot, thick brown hair, face like a movie star and body of a gymnast.”

Ben started to blush.

“Well, thanks “

“He said it, not me.”

Roger was the only one in the work out room when Ben walked in. The facility was larger than Ben expected, with about thirty different machines, a cable station, and twelve different weight benches in various configurations.  Roger was in the corner of the room at a squat rack.  He was wearing a grey workout t-shirt, and fairly high red shorts that emphasized the size of his upper legs. He looked to Ben like he could easily pull a tractor. 

Roger heard the door open as Ben walked and called out to him.

“Hey Ben, ready for some serious leg work?’”

“Sure, just let me be able to walk out of here on my own.”

As he walked up to Roger, Ben reached out his arm to shake hands. As Roger reached his arm out in return, Ben fund himself once again impressed with the mass and fullness of Roger’s arm - at his biceps they were at least 20 inches around.  

For the next hour, Roger led Ben through a grueling session of squats and extensions, pushing Ben to his limit.  Ben did his best to focus on the weight and his form, but Roger’s physical closeness constantly pulled his attention.  When he leaned back into a squat, he could see in the mirror in front of him that Roger was right behind him, moving in time with him and ready to grab the weight if it became more than Ben could handle.  It gave Ben a feeling of security, at the same time it pushed him to not need the assistance. It mattered to him that he impressed Roger. 

Roger was impressed. Not so much by the weight that Ben managed to carry with good form - although that was impressive - but more by Ben’s attentiveness, and the way he he showed his respect for Roger by following his lead.  It also helped that the more he sweat, the sexier Ben looked.  

After an hour and a half session, they were both drenched in sweat.  After Ben completed a set of seated calf raises while Roger stood over him, Roger placed his hand on Ben’s shoulder. Ben’s pulse took a little jump feeling Roger’s touch.   

“Nice work out guy, want to finish with some cardio?”

“What did you have in mind.”  

“How about we step outside for a race around the block?’ 

Ben immediately liked this idea.  He was a sprinter in high school.  Lifting weights he was clearly just following Roger, but he felt fairly confident he could out run this older guy who outweighed him by a good twenty to thirty pounds.  His competitive side of his ego really wanted to show this guy up on something. 

“You’re on.”       

They left the workout room and walked past the front desk, out in front of the building.  

Ben lunged his leg forward to stretch a bit, and shouted to Roger over the noise of the traffic. 

“So what’s the wager?” 

Roger waited a second and responded.

“Winner gets to pick what we work out next time.” 

Ben’s heart did a little jump at the words “next time.”

“And when is that going to be?” 

“Let’s take a rest day.  Friday evening?” 

“Great!”

After doing some stretching himself, Roger pointed to the left.

“Around the block this way, first guy back wins.”

Ben took a deep breath.

“Ready when you are.” 

“Go!”

Ben got a good start, his legs propelling him forward, and he experienced the joy of a hit of adrenaline.  However, as he reached the first corner, to his surprise, Roger was keeping pace right along side him. As they turned the corner, Roger gave him a little nudge with his shoulder.

“Come on, kids, let’s go!”

Ben pushed and for a moment moved past Roger, but only for a few seconds before he realized Roger was striding alongside him.  It was now getting to him to have this guy who he should be leaving in the dust keeping pace with him. Ben forced his legs to propel him even faster, but it seemed to make no difference as Roger stayed alongside him around each corner.  As they reached the final 20 yards, Ben realized Roger was starting to pull ahead of him.  Ben pushed even hard, but in the final feet Roger was clearly ahead of him. 

As they came to a stop, both of them were panting hard.  Roger reached over and put his hand on Ben’s shoulder. 

“Thanks . . . I run almost every day but haven’t had a challenge like that in awhile.”

Ben, a bit humiliated by being beaten, stayed silent.

“Come on up to the apartment, you can shower in the guest room.  I have some ground beef, I can make us some burgers.”

“Thanks, but I didn’t bring anything with me to change into, and I don’t want to hang around in sweaty gym clothes in your apartment.”

“If you don’t mind a pair of old sweat pants, I am sure I can find something that will fit you that you can wear.”

“You sure? I hadn’t intended to take your evening.”

Roger smiled.

“You can have as much of my evening as you want, buddy.”

Ben followed Roger back into the building, into the elevator, and back into Roger’s apartment.  As they walked in, Roger pointed to a door down a hall to the right.  

“That’s the guest bed room, and there is a bathroom with a shower connected to it.  Go on in and I will find something in my drawers you can wear and I will bring it to you.” 

Ben was impressed to see that Roger’s guest room was larger than most apartment’s master suite.  The bathroom had a walk in shower. Ben took off his sweaty t-shirt and placed it on the sink. As he reached into the shower to turn on water to warm it up, he heard Roger’s voice behind him.

“These should do.” 

Ben turned around to find Roger standing in the doorway, wearing only a towel wrapped around his hips, holding some sweat pants and a t-shirt in his left hand.  Both men stood silent for a second as they saw each other shirtless for the first time.  Roger broke the silence.

“Damn, Ben, those abs are incredible.”

Ben blushed.

“Thanks.” 

Roger reached out and slowly ran his fingers down Ben’s mid-section, feeling each indentation.  

“You don’t often get to see an actual eight pack.”

Ben wondered for a second if the almost naked Hercules in front of him was teasing Ben, but he could tell by Roger’s stare at his midsection that Roger was genuinely impressed. Ben liked that Roger was impressed, but had Roger ever looked in a mirror?  His muscles had muscles. Roger may not have had an eight pack, but the four visible abs he was showing were pretty impressive surrounded by all that beef.  Ben wanted to return the compliment but wasn’t sure how. He reached out with his right arm and pressed a finger into Roger’s massive left pec. 

“Thanks . . . but I would gladly trade them for a chest like that.”

Roger in response flexed his left pec, causing Ben to pull back his finger.

“I’m glad you like, but you are well on your way to giving me some stiff competition.”  

“I doubt that will ever be the case.”

“Guy, with a few months work and a little dialing in on your diet, you could be ready for a competition.  You ever consider that?”

“I really can’t see me doing that.”

“Well if you wanted to, let me know and I can help. An adonis like you would certainly do well.”

Ben was not sure what to make of the suggestion or this compliment, and he was doing his best not to stare at Roger and give away how much he wanted to look. 

“Well, ok, you would know. I will keep that in mind.  Thanks for the clothes.”  

Roger handed the items over to Ben and left him to shower.  After taking off his shorts, before stepping into the shower,  Ben looked hard at himself in the mirror.  Roger was right - he did have a really good set of abs, helped by the fact that his metabolism kept him extremely lean even when he wasn’t super strict about his diet.  Ben also recognized that Roger was right that he had a build that showed he had been working hard on taking care of himself, it just seemed odd hearing it from Roger who looked like a statute of Atlas.   

Ben thought about Roger running a finger down his abs. Ben knew that when Roger’s finger made contact, Ben’s cock had jumped to attention.  There was no kidding himself that his attraction to Roger was just asexual admiration.  He did admire Roger - he epitomized to Ben everything a man could be - but his presence pulled Ben in a way he had never felt before, and he didn’t know what it meant. It certainly didn’t help that Roger was such a physical “hands on” guy with Ben.  Ben considered whether he should tell Roger that it made him uncomfortable, but Ben knew he really didn’t want Roger to stop. 

Once he was in the shower, Ben gave himself a blast of cold water to cool himself down.  

• Like 7

After reading "AJ and Noah" by MuscleAddict, I have found another great story to read! Great work, Lexfan!

In Ben's case of his increasing attraction to Roger, you can't help who you fall in love with.

Although Ben obviously is not in love with Roger, yet, it's clear what is happening. He is experiencing feelings for someone of his own gender that he's never felt before.

Maybe Ben will be one of those types of guys that he will only be Roger-sexual. Meaning he's not attracted to other guys. Just Roger.

I think Ben brings something out in Roger that Tom never did. But it's a sure thing that Roger and Tom will meet up again. And I have my own theories of what is coming:

Ben has already searched Roger and also.has discovered Tom. I think at some point, Tom and Ben are going to meet, and Tom is going to see Ben as his next "prized boytoy" and want to make him his next notch on his bedpost.

Roger is going to see Tom and Ben together and really get jealous and have no choice but to bring up his past history with Tom.

I also can see Roger pushing Ben to do bodybuilding, which pits Ben against Tom's newest catch, Roman. I think Roman and Ben will compete against each other which will refuel Tom and Roger's rivalry.

But the real question is this: Are Ben and Roman just 'distractions' on Roger and Tom's road back to each other? There's obviously unresolved issues there and if Roger is going to move on with Ben, should a relationship between them start, romantically, then Roger is going to have to settle things with Tom, once and for all, if he truly wants to move on and be happy with Ben.

Edited by Shawn1978
Typos
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lexfan said:

Thanks for the thoughtful read. 

You're welcome, man. I hope you can continue the story when you have time. You have great talent as a writer.

It has become a bit of a hobby but on most days I just write a few sentences, so it moves on slowly. 

It really is a stimulus to write more when guys are interested enough in my characters to tell me where they think it will or should go.  

Finishing his shower, Ben put on clothes that Roger had brought him, a pair of blue sweat pants, a change of underwear, and a grey t-shirt with a gym logo on it.  Amazingly, the underwear was Ben’s size.  The sweat pants were a little large for Ben’s thirty inch waist, but with the draw-string he was able to make them work. He found Roger in the kitchen, showered and dressed in a pair of jeans and a blue t-shirt with a v-neck that Ben immediately noticed revealed the separation of Roger’s two large pectorals.  

Roger was working at the stove in the kitchen, grilling them each a burger. Ben walked around behind Roger and looked over his broad shoulder at the sizzling meat. Roger pivoted his head for a second and gave Ben a quick smile, then resumed his work.

“Roger, thanks again for this, I wasn’t expecting to get fed as well.”

“Oh, please.  This is my pleasure.  I spent a fortune on this apartment.  It’s nice to have company in it.”

Within a few minutes, Roger had a meal set out on the island bar in his kitchen.  They sat together eating and talking.  Roger told Ben about starting his business, how it had flourished, and why he had chosen to sell it.  Roger explained that he had chosen this city to move to after the sale in part because he liked the climate, but also because he knew no one and he wanted this to be a complete new start.   Ben was impressed by Roger’s accomplishment but found his choice to a place he knew no one hard to understand. 

“So do you have any regrets about the choices you made.”

“I have a few regrets. My biggest is that I wasted a large part of my life on the wrong person.”

“You mean your ex-wife.”

“Oh no, she was the wrong person for me, but our marriage was brief and I don’t think of it as wasted time.  I did hurt her because I wasn’t always honest with myself, and I regret that, but we are on good terms now.”  

“So there was someone else?”

“Yeah, someone I thought was everything I wanted and needed in life, but turned out to be something completely different.”

Ben saw a distant look in Roger’s eyes, and, as much as Ben wanted to know more, decided he should leave the topic alone. 

“Maybe you can tell me about it someday.  I am just glad that when you decided to start over, you choose to come here.’

“Thanks, I’m starting to feel that way too.”

“Roger, I could talk with you all night, but I have a busy day tomorrow so I think I should be going.” 

“Well, if you must. Leave your sweaty work out clothes here. I will have them laundered and you can just stop here at the apartment and put them before working out Friday.”

“Are you sure, I don’t want to put you out.”

“I pay a set fee every month to have my laundry done in the building. I might as well get as much as I can out of it.”

Roger, walked Ben to the apartment door. As they got to the door, Roger turned and faced Ben, who was only about two feet behind him.

“So, back and biceps.”

“What?”

“I won the right to choose Friday’s workout so that’s what we are doing.”  

“Looks to me like those biceps don’t need much working out.”

Roger lifted his right arm up into a quick flex. Ben’s eyes widened taking in the melon-sized peak.   

“Can’t be too big, can they?” 

“If you can get mine like that I will be forever in your debt.” 

“Careful, I might collect.” 

“I look forward to it.”

Roger put his left hand on the door knob, but didn’t turn it, and instead looked at Ben for a few seconds.  

“Ben, I hope this isn’t pushing too much, but Friday night, after our workout,  I would like to take you out for dinner, my treat.  There are a couple of local places that I have read about and would like to try out, and I would really rather not go by myself.” 

Ben was a little taken back by the invitation. 

“Roger, thanks for the offer, but you really don’t need to.” 

“Of course I don’t need, but I want to.” 

Ben was silent for a minute, then spoke softly looking away. 

“Great but Roger . . . I think I need to tell you something.” 

“Uh oh, that doesn’t sound good.  Am I asking for too much of your time?” 

“No, actually not all . . . in fact I know this sounds odd, but you are being so good to me I feel like I need to be honest with you.” 

Roger stepped a little closer so the two of them were just a few inches apart. Roger put his right hand on Ben’s shoulder and gave a light squeeze.  

“Honesty is good.  Go on.” 

“Well, it’s just . . . this is really embarassing . . .  but I think I am developing a bit of a crush on you.”  

Roger looked directly into Ben’s blue eyes. 

“I am complimented but is this something that is making you uncomfortable?”

“A bit . . . its strange and I don’t know what to say.” 

“Would it help if I told you I have a bit of a crush on you.” 

Ben looked into Roger’s eyes.

“Yeah, thanks but I doubt that.” 

“I thought it was kind of obvious.” 

“I know you like having me around, but I’m not sure just why.  You are successful. You have made a fortune. Look at this place.  You know so much. And you are in your fifties but you can still out lift and out run me. And you have the face of a fucking movie star. . .  I can’t get you out of my mind and I don’t know what to do about it  ”   

“”Ben, you don’t need to do anything.  I get that you’re impressed with where I am in life, but that’s got a lot to do with luck and being in the right field at the right time.  And I have had a lot of years to get here.  And as far as what I can lift and how fast I run, I’m afraid that with a little guidance on your training and diet, you will be leaving me in the dust soon enough.  As for looks, guy you need to get to know a mirror. You put most of the guys on the magazine covers to shame. And you know I just get older from here. You are going to be leaving me behind soon enough.” 

Ben blushed. 

“Roger, doesn’t seem like time has much of an effect on you.”    

“Ben, since you have had the guts to put yourself out there, there is some more I should probably tell you as well.”   

“What?”

“So that person i told you I wasted too much of my life on?”

“Yeah?” 

“It was a guy.”

Ben looked at him silently. Roger went on.

“You know I told you I had a trainer who changed my life? It was him.” 

“Wow. What happened?” 

It’s been more than a decade since we last spoke.  Last time I saw him we got into a brawl on the stage of a body building contest and had to be turn apart.” 

“Shit.”

“Yeah, not proud of it but he really pressed my buttons. Took me a long time to be able to open up to anyone again, and I still don’t do it easily. Except for a few close friends spread around the globe, I tend to keep to myself. 

“That’s funny, you were so easy to talk to when we met.”

“I had a powerful motivation to make the effort.”

“What’s that?”

“You’re sexy smile.”

Ben blushed again.

“Thanks.”

“Look, Ben, it’s good this came out. Obviously, I am very attracted to you. But I can control myself. Still, if a friendship with an older gay guy is not something you can handle, I understand.”

Ben was silent for a few seconds.

“I’m not sure what I can handle, but if its okay with you, I would like to find out.”

“Of course, just let me know if it’s not what you want.”

“I’m not sure what I want.”

Ben moved into the narrow space between he and Roger, and put his left hand lightly on Roger’s left arm. They stared intently into each other’s eyes, as Ben moved his face gradually into Roger’s, finally resting his lips lightly on Roger’s.  Ben’s right hand started lightly squeezing Roger’s left arm, his thumb pressing into the bottom of the rock hard bicep, his fingers reaching back across the tricep.  Roger moved the arm slightly as his left hand reached around Ben and rested on Ben’s lower back.  Ben could feel his heart pounding and his cock hardening.

Ben’s mouth ever so slightly opened, and the tip of his tongue emerged.  He felt it make contact with the tip of Roger’s tongue. They stayed like that for almost a minute.  Roger moved his right from Ben’s shoulder and slid it down so that it also rested on Ben’s lower back. Ben raised his left hand and placed it on Roger’s right arm so that both of Ben’s hands were now massaging the massive arms he had been thinking about for the past five days.  

Ben opened his mouth wider and the two men’s tongues made full contact. Ben felt Roger’s strong hand pull him in, their hard chests pressing into each other, as Ben’s hands squeezed into Roger’s arms.  

After several minutes of tongue wrestling, Ben felt Roger release his hold on Ben’s back and they both withdrew their tongues and then slowly pulled their lips away from each other.  After a prolong moment of silence, Roger spoke first.

“Was that all right?”

“Are you kidding? That was incredible.”

“Want more?”

“Yes, please.”

Immediately, their mouths and tongues met again, and this time without hesitation. Roger’s hands grabbed Ben’s glutes and forcefully pulled him in, while Ben’s arms reached around Roger’s large lats, his fingers working their way as best they could into the layers of muscle. 

After several minutes, Roger suddenly released Ben and pulled himself back. 

“If you’re not ready to come to my room, you better go.” 

Ben was silent for a few seconds.

“I don’t think I am.”  

Roger let out a long breath.

“I understand.” 

“Part of me really wants to, part of me is unsure.”

“I am not going to pressure you.  You know now where I am.” 

“I should go.”

Ben reached past Roger and turned the knob and opened the door. He moved past Roger and stood in the doorway facing him. He reached out and put his right hand on Roger’s arm and looked him in the eyes.  

“Thanks for the clothes.  I’ll see you on Friday.”                

“Good night, buddy.”

Ben turned and walked down the hallway to the elevator.  

On the other side of the door, Roger’s back leaned into the door, as he stood there trying to collect his thoughts.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow.  I love this story.  It's so sweet.  And also frustrating.  Just get together already!  

There are some sketches by artist "Silverjow" with massive older muscle man and an equally hot but slightly smaller and younger bodybuilder.  I picture them when I read this story.  Both characters are so hot.  Loved that scene in the last chapter where Roger feels Ben's abs.  Oof.

• Upvote 1