Sign in to follow this  
Chimewolf

weight lifting gloves recommendation

Any recommendations for weightlifting gloves that are XXL size  or larger?

My last pair had to for lack of a better expression be surgically removed and are no longer usable. (they were a Go! Fit! brand XL size I bought at Walmart)

So I'm trying to find a pair that should fit better. I found a general glove sizing guide and found I have XXL sized hands and all the stores I can think of only had XL at largest.

Now I've found 3 different pairs at Bodybuilding.com:

Harbringer: Training gloves with wrist wrap.

Bioform Gloves

Gorilla Wear: Hardcore wrist wrap gloves.

not limited to them but they are the ones I've found that might fit. and Gorilla Wear has one that goes one size larger but I don't know how good they are (can't find any reviews).

So any recommendation or suggestions?

For better grip or to protect palms?

I don't wear gloves, but a friend got me liquid chalk for grip and it is very good!!

it's mostly to protect hands.

But I will look up Liquid Chalk though. who knows if I find a good price I might start using that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Don't use gloves, imo! They actually make it harder to grip things, effectively making the bar thicker and creating a slippery surface on the inside because of the material + sweat. 

For the couple of pulling exercises you need grip help on—deadlifts or rows, most likely?—try straps or chalk/liquid chalk.

• Upvote 1

My gym has a standing ban on chalk (though some guys sneak it in). Dumb, I know, but folks would make a mess with it.

I use leather straps for hefty pulls (the longer World Gym brand one work well for me, the nylon or canvas ones didn't work well), and for rough-texture dumbbells/barbells, I use Grip Power Pads: http://amzn.com/B007V5CCY4

I've got a pack of 3 different densities I use for different purposes. First ones I got were the 'soft' medium ones, then I got some 'thin' ones after the first ones tore, and now I swap between the 'foam' super-thick for anything over 100 pounds per hand (bench, tri pressdown), or the thin ones when I need texture for grip on a thin surface, like for dips.

It's better than gloves, since you're moving them around and swapping them as you go, they don't trap sweat like gloves would. Though as for making grip harder, seems like that would make you work BETTER for it. That's why they have those Fat Gripz that add like an inch or two to a bar's diameter. I used those for a while, though it's not for every use. (when I lifted with a partner, they wouldn't use them so they got in the way. On my own, I might use them more often, tho.)