The cure for muscle dysmorphia: A MasterThanatos fanfic

goremeridian

The Cure for Muscle Dysmorphia: A MasterThanatos Fanfic

Part 1 of 2

“So tell me why you’ve come.”

“I’m not big enough,” said the 18-year old hunk, adjusting his glasses.

“You look pretty huge to me.”

“Yeah but compared to the guys in Mr Olympia I’m a bloody toothpick.”

“Alex – can I call you Alex? You’re certainly no toothpick.” Dr Glish read off at the bodybuilder’s impressive stats from the sheet on the desk between them. “8% bodyfat, 200 pounds, 16 inch arms…I’d say you’re pretty massive, Alex. Certainly one of the biggest teens around.” He paused, noticing an extra detail on the sheet. “And you just turned 18 today? You must admit, you’re pretty incredible for your age!”

Alex's other stats - IQ, academic achievements - were equally staggering, but Glish's gaze skipped over them. After all, this meeting wasn't about brains. This was about MUSCLE.

Alex snorted. “Yeah well, normal guys like you…like my little worshippers on muscle-growth.org…well, you see guys like me and think, fuck you’re big…but when I compare myself to some of the guys out there, all I see is a skinny little runt.” He held up his arm and flexed his bicep. The enormous muscle instantly swelled into a vast peak of thickly veined striations. He pumped his engorged arm a few times for good measure and the muscle seemed to respond by growing even more massive. The doctor was speechless (not to mention having a raging hard-on.) “See,” Alex sighed. “I’m skinny as hell.”

Glish tried to regain his professional composure but it was difficult. After all, his lust of huge muscular men was what had led him down this path anyway. He had graduated from Cambridge with a PhD in bodybuilding psychology and had gone on to research the phenomenon of muscle dysmorphia. It gave him the opportunity to interview lots of enormously muscular young men under the subtext of helping them with their problem. Some of the young men would flex for him, as Alex was doing, and a few had even let him feel their muscles. His job was to make them feel more positive about themselves and their bodies, so his natural inclination for worship served him in good stead.

“You’re enormous…a ripped musclegod…” He gasped, his mouth dry. He desperately hoped that Alex would allow him to get his fingers around the steely mountain, but to his disappointment the teen titan lowered his arm again.  

“Look doc, I know you’re only trying to make me feel better by saying such nice things about my muscles. That’s your job, right? But I’m not looking for praise.” He smirked. “I mean, I bloody LOVE getting told how huge and ripped I am by little guys like you, I can’t get enough of it, don’t get me wrong…but at the moment I don’t need a confidence boost…I just want to stop feeling this way. Do you know how depressing it is just wishing you were as big as someone else?”

Trembling, the doctor snatched up his mug of tea and took a quick gulp to rehydrate his mouth. Alex – or MasterThanatos, as he was known to his worshippers – had such an earnest look on his brutishly handsome young face that Glish couldn’t help but feel a little pity for the muscle stud before him. He knew first-hand what it was like to live with an obsession.

“It’s my worshippers’ fault,” Alex admitted with a shrug, a move that caused the striated masses of his deltoids to strain against the flimsy material of his t-shirt either side of his square jaw. “And mine too I guess. All that talk about getting massive, you know? It’s taking over my life.” He took off his glasses and cleaned them on his t-shirt. “I have A-level exams in a couple of months. Then uni after that. Having this constant desire for muscle…this need to be bigger and bigger…it has saturated every fibre of my being, and everything else – even my own studies, my own academic successes – just seem pale and insipid in comparison.” He huffed, big chest contracting, warping the logo on his t-shirt, and slipped his glasses back on. “I know I should be happy with the gains I've already made...but I'm just not, you know? Not while there's someone else out there who's bigger than me. So anyway, one of my worshippers gave me your details, so I looked you up. A bodybuilding psychologist, right? So...you can do something to cure my condition?”

The doctor had been dying for Alex to ask about that, he practically squealed with delight. “Yes, that’s right my muscular friend. A few months ago I realised that, while psychology can help ease the mental condition of muscle dysmorphia in bodybuilders, it can never truly eliminate it. But, after painstaking work, I can assure you that, through science, I have developed a cure. A guarantee that you will never again feel depressed when you see a bigger bodybuilder than you. And you are the very first person I would be trying the cure out on.”

“Oh doc,” the teen bodybuilder said, rushing around the table and giving the older man a huge hug, “that sounds great. You don’t know what it’s like, living my life through my muscles, feeling like shit just because my thighs aren’t the same size as the current Mr Olympia or feeling suicidal just because some power lifter down the gym outdoes me on bicep curls! A cure for this unhealthy mental condition sounds like…a dream come true!”

Speaking of dreams coming true, Glish was feeling the same way about being pressed up close to the hard muscles of the handsome teen. He loved the crushing muscle embrace, loved feeling the insane, bone-breaking strength of the hyper-teen all around him. His boner poked painfully into Alex’s chiselled abs. He only hoped the muscle-bound stud was too stoked to notice!

Alex lowered the doctor to the ground. “Sorry ‘bout that, doc! Guess I got a little excited. So…how does this cure work?”

“Come next door with me and I’ll show you.”

The doctor led the strutting stud into his back room. It looked a bit like a high tech laboratory, except that there were pictures of morphed bodybuilders all over the walls.

“Geez, doc, way to make me feel bad again,” said Alex, eying up the nearest picture, a godlike bodybuilder with biceps that must have been nearly 50 inches around lifting a car above his head, and instantly feeling like a weak little pipsqueak in comparison. “Say, who are these guys?”

The doctor was busy filling a syringe full of a silver liquid. “Those guys? They’re what you could be…given time, and a little imagination”

“What?”

The doctor plunged the syringe into the teen’s arm. His anatomy was a roadmap of veins so it wasn’t exactly difficult to find one.

“Ouch!” Alex yelped. “A little warning next time!”

The doctor injected all of the silver liquid into the muscle stud’s blood stream and pulled the needle out. 

“So that’s it?” Asked Alex, wincing and rubbing his arm. “That’s the cure? That’ll help me get rid of my crazy obsession with muscle?”

“Well…yes, but not in the way you think,” said the doctor. “You see, what I injected you with were nanites.”

“Nanites?”

“Microscopic robots designed to respond to your mental commands.”

“Whoa! You weren’t kidding when you said you’d said my cure lay in science…though it sounds more like science fiction! So what do these nanites do?”

A gleam came into the doctor’s eye. “They build tissue.”

“I don’t get it. How’s that supposed to stop me from getting depressed when I see guys bigger than me?”

“Because now you will be able to command the nanites to grow you just as big! You’ll never again feel inferior to anyone!”

Alex was thrilled. “Doc – this is…amazing.” He had written some pretty weighty scientific papers himself, but his studies had never come close to Glish's amazing discoveries!

“Just imagine giving this cure to everyone out there suffering from muscle dysmorphia. They would never again have to feel small or weak…they would never again feel depressed…”

The big teen was grinning. “Doc, I’d pick ya up again but I might squeeze you even harder than last time, I’m so happy…”

The doctor knew that he would be quite happy to be squashed between the powerful teen’s steel-plated torso and his insanely muscular arms, but didn’t say anything.

“So…how does this work then?” Alex asked.

“Just give them a mental command. Think how big you want to grow, and the nanites will make it happen.”

“Ok, doc,” the teen said, suddenly serious. He adjusted his glasses one final time. “Stand back. It’s GROWING time!” A look of intense concentration appeared on his handsome face.

• Upvote 25

• 5 months later...