Supers 1: Cat Day Afternoon

Varg

So this is kind of the official start. https://muscle-growth.org/topic/7016-a-supers-secret/'>The prologue (click this sentence!) isn't TOO important, but can shed some light on Evan's backstory. The story's segments have titles to them that relate to the upcoming part and act as a way to break up segments (time skips). Let me know what you think about the story or just point out weird parts/errors!

Be as honest as you want. My super power is being able to take criticism. :^)

***An Underwhelming Beginning***

I stood there in nothing but a pair of white compression shorts. I was trying my best to appear confident, but my heated red face was not helping. Maybe it was done that way just to make me quickly choose a costume and get out of the science gal's hair. Well she's more of a PR lady with a degree somewhere in the science field and one in the magic field. Which was funny, because the line between magic and science became blurrier as technology advanced... Talk about a hard set of degrees to keep track of.

"So I had a few concepts digitized up for you. The main part will obviously be a power suit. Otherwise known as this thing." She pushed a few buttons and brought up a 3D model of some tight jumpsuit. I could only cringe. “Put it on so we can decide what to do for the personal flare.”

"Kay-la...” I cleared my the lump from my throat to speak clearly. “Why does that have to be the main part?"

"Your powers. They decide what part will be the best. This is a very durable and flexible jumpsuit with several helpful features, hence why it's called a Power Suit. A-doy."

Oh. How professional. As I put on the suit, I found myself doubting my initial feelings about the costume. It perfectly conformed to my body without smothering me and even the raised collar covering my neck wasn't restricting. The bottom section wasn't revealing despite the snugness around my legs. The top actually highlighted my musculature and gave me a shapelier upper body. More importantly, the freakishness of my muscles were hidden. The suit wasn't just flat boring tight material. It had some raised segments, particularly the shoulders, forearms, calves, waist, and up the middle of my torso. It made it look like a stitched together ensemble, not just a jumpsuit.

“OK, nice. So you can look through the database here to find things for the flare.” She moused over some tabs and a cute cat video came up. “Um... Uh...” She hastily pulled up the right tab. “No cats were seen. Got it?”

“Nyah~ cats here, ma'am.” I chuckled as her face said did you really say that. “Wait. Cats. There's no cat-themed Super, right?”

“You're going too far with this joke. I will-”

“No. I'm serious. Cat-me, woman!” She just rolled her eyes, then scrolled through the database to fulfill my request.

Instead of watching her, I turned to the nearby mirror. Damn I looked good with the suit on. I was beginning to like my body a bit. I flexed a few times, smirking as my muscles and suit worked together to put on a show. Oddly enough, my flexes appeared less comical and more... Intimidating, I suppose? My face was handsome, but when my fighting stance was set I looked like a cut warrior. Perhaps I was like most Supers.

“I just need the suit to make the final modifications.” Kayla poked the back of my head. “Make out with yourself later.”

Kayla scurried off with my suit, leaving me alone with myself and the mirror. I didn't feel that great anymore. I knew the suit was going to be a self-esteem crutch. Maybe I could come to love myself as time went on. But until then, my Super Identity would be my second skin. A few moments passed and Kayla came back with the modified suit. I carefully put on the suit, mask, and headband. Mirror time again!

“Hmph. This actually looks cooler than I thought. This kinda reminds me of that white cat my folks had. I think it was... An Abyssinian? Oh, that works. Abyss the Super. Super cool, am I right? I am a cat-genius. I just made your job super easy.” Truth be told, I didn't care about my identiy much. I liked cats and rolled with it. It's also thanks to cats that I got into gymnastics, mostly because their antics were fasinating when I was a kid... I may or may not have thrown a few cats around to study their anti-gravity tricks.

“Adding cat in front of everything totally doesn't work. Please don't do that when talking to the public. Anyway, yeah, everything you're wearing has a nice blend of advanced technology and a little bit of magic. We're still haven't fully grasped magic, but I personally think we've made great strides with our current tech. The mask and headband-ears are all one piece. Your suit is a giant one piece, but you can detach the gloves and boots if need be. Here's a CaID with all you need to know about your suit. It's pretty straight forward to use, like a cellphone with a holographic screen.”

A blend of science and magic sounded cool, that's for sure. I reach for the phone and Kayla pointed to my side. I shifted sideways, noticing there was a holster for my CaID and the belt was actually a tail. Well, it's a flat backwards belt with the extra flack just dangling behind me. All the features worked nicely to be cat-like without being unbearably cute. I was definitely a kitty now, or rather, a silvery-white cat man. My green eyes and brown hair contrasted nicely with the suit's brilliantly white default.

Not bad. It started as a joke and now we're here. This thing is getting cooler the more I look a-”

“Are you a fuckin' cat?” Felix's voice made
me glow red. No. Not cool anymore. Not when guys like Felix looked at me. It's like I'm in highschool and I'm trying to impress the cool kids. Why am I seein' this shit, Kayla?”

“But Felix and Catman, I mean Abyss,
seems like a perfect pair. You'll be partners until further notice.Kayla stated. “Mainly for publicity reasons since Felix gets tons of attention and you're new. We need to let the world know that although Hellrick fell a while ago, we are not short on Supers. You can also learn the ropes from a vet like Felix. Leave me alone and go to the location marked on the CaID's map. That's from the higher ups, not just me. Toodle-loo, kitties.”

What?

What?!

***Bleu Divinté Is Not A Dressing***
I was literally in Felix's shadow as we walked through the city. People cleared the way as Felix casually strolled across the pavement. He surely got everyone's attention. Some attention was directed my way too, mostly confused stares and double-takes. Sure enough, pictures were taken and sent to the data cesspool known as the Internet. Why have a press conference when I could just casually get a free ride on Felix's popularity? He's the only Super who didn't have a secret identity. That made him media-bait wherever he goes.

Here we are, stop being a little pussy and stand up straight. You're a fuckin' Super. Act like it.”

“Heh, cat jokes!
My look is totally growing on you, isn't it?”

“What?”

So he didn't realize his choice of words were actu-... I was not surprised. As we closed in on our destination, it became clear that we were going to the museum. I should have expected that given the location and that day's event. Guard duty seemed simple enough for my first public outing as a Super.

Hello, Felix. I am the museum director, Wendy Teal.” The woman's tone alone was far more professional than Kayla's entire demeanor. She gestured inside and we matched her pace. Felix's heavy footsteps drowned out most sounds, so I had to pay extra close attention. “The details are all over the news, so I am sure you know why you are here.

“I don't keep up with the news, lady.”

“She's talking about Bleu Divint
é. It's a-”

“Is that a salad dressin'?”

Who said that?” She spun around with a look of confusion. She steps sideways twice and noticed Felix's hulking body was concealing me. Of course I was not intentionally hiding from her... I think. “You're the other Super?”

“Yep. E- Abyss is the name, fighting crime and chasing elusive red dots
is my-.” Felix clutched my arm, glaring and scowling to fully convey his feelings towards me at that moment. He's not wrong to be mad. I was more quirky compared to my old self. The best way to deal with my situation was to fake it until I made it. Meanwhile, the professional woman lightly giggled, chuckled, then let it all snowball into bent over laughter. She went on for a couple of seconds, leaving us to wait until she was done.

Really though?!” She wiped away tears,That was the worst introduction I have ever heard. It was so awful that it was spectacular. You have got a fan already, kitty-cat.”

Seriously?

Seriously?!

“Seriously.” She straightened her outfit as she eerily reverted back to her professionalism without a proper emotional transition. I wished I could swipe over to the next emotion like that. “This is perfect, actually. I bet you are far stealthier than Felix. You can be on the skywalk above the exhibit as a hidden guard of sorts.”

So it's a catwalk?”

She snickered, “Yes. Yes it is. As for you, Felix... I have a lovely array of formal attire for you to choose from. You will be patrolling the first floor. If anyone is going to try anything, the first thing they will see is you. And quite frankly, I think any normal criminal would not try to go through you just to get a measly atleastone00millionupto300milliondollars.

“I fuckin' hate everythin' right now.” He mumbled and whined.Bad cat jokes and we're guardin' salad dressin' or some shit.

***A Tale Of Two Felixs***

Between changing my suit black and the intense spot lighting, I could easily blend in with the darkness engulfing the catwalk. Everything was perfect, if another Super was in his place, the museum-goers would probably be more interested in them than the Bleu Divinté display. The swarming attention would be a distraction for the Super, making it easier to get a head start on any heist before the Super can safely react. Felix on the other hand was a person-repellent. Sure people stared at him, but not for long.

Me on the other hand? I was finding myself staring
at him, the exhibit, him, the exhibit, him, him, him... And then the exhibit. Felix appeared to be an entirely different man with formal attire on. It was hard for my mind to register.

Which are you admiring? The exhibit or the Latino hunk?”

“Yeh-eeee!” I slammed
my back against the catwalk's railing. I could see a few people look around in confusion from down below before I turned my attention to the voice. It was an amazingly bulky guard. “Oh.”

“You sure are a scaredy-cat.” The guard smiles, offering to help me up. He filled
out his uniform nicely and was no stranger to the gym. He stood a couple of inches taller than me and was most certainly wider than me.I'm in charge of patrolling the second floor of the museum. I, er, heard there was a new Super up here. I just wanted to see. Heheh, you sure are a cutie.

“Oh, ehem, yeah. I'm a Super.” I wanted to be cool, not cute. I held out my hand and spoke in a deeper tone. Abyss' the name.”

“I'm Felix.” He shook
my hand, then backed up to perform a most muscular pose. His pecs nearly caused the buttons of his shirt to fly off and I could hear his thick biceps making the sleeves cry. The odd thing was, he could easily pass for Felix's brother.As you might have guessed, Felix is my favorite Super.”

“You share the same name and hobbies, it seems.” I crossed
my arms and tilted my head, “Though something tells me you're far more responsible than him if you have this job... Probably.

“Probably indeed.” He nods. “So what's your power? Do you transform into, like, a beastman or something?”

“Flexibility and super strength. Today's my first day out here. They're going to announce all the fun details later.”

“Uh... Super strength?”

I imitated
his flex and my muscles nearly matched his in size. The guard was taken aback as his mouth fell open. I don't blame him, considering my muscles temporarily doubled in size. I couldn't help but laugh. “Pff-sorry! Sorry.”

“OK! I believe you now! Your arm was all, like, boom!” He adjusted
his hat... And pants. I thought you were just a nice little kitty, but you're probably a scary tiger when your claws are out. I'll make sure not to commit any crimes. Unless it's stealing your heart. Yeeeah?”

“Don't worry. It's right where I left it.” I pat my chest a few times and smirked. My uniquely dense muscles made it apparent my body was a weapon with each deep thump.

I'll work on my fabulous charming skills and get you next time. You'll rue the day you met me!He waved as he exited the scene. Either he was legitimately crushing on me or he was a great, albeit overly-dramatic, actor.

I crossed my arms and shook my head. What a character. A dumb character. I positioned myself over the most expensive part of the exhibit, the Bleu Divinté Crown, and used my CaID to pull up a list of the museum's workers. As expected, Guard Felix was not on the list at all.

I called Felix immediately.Apparently the cat's out of the bag. A guard named Felix knows I'm up here. Except the only Felix working here is technically you. Too suspicious, right?”

Hmph. You sure? You only had two weeks of trainin' so far. You could be wrong.”

“Hey, I know I'm a rookie but I'm not dumb!” I hiss.

I know. I was just makin' sure you had confidence in your findin's.”

Oh wow, I sure got schooled there. I bet he was waiting for me to spot something to confirm his suspicions of someone scouting the area. I was hoping that the knowledge of my powers would deter Faux-Felix or whoever he's working with from committing a felony. I just hoped it was enough.

***Catastrophe In The Museum***

The entire time Felix was purposefully making people uncomfortable. Just a simple look did the trick. It was his way to subtly get people out of there before the crap hit the fan. Time passed and the crowd thinned out, meaning if something did happen there would be less civilians in harm's way. That's when I saw Faux-Felix make a secondentrance nearly an hour after his first appearance. He looked upwards and put his finger to his lips, thought I doubt he could see where I specifically was. He pointed to the main entrance and signed for me to signal Felix.

“Felix, the entryway... I think we should start clearing it.”

Felix didn't respond, choosing to just work his magic and get people away from the entrance. All he did was stand there with his arms crossed, making the Museum patrons turn down other hallways. The ones in the room chose to leave the same way where Faux-Felix popped out. Was this just an elaborate joke to make us look like fools? Only time would tell, and quite frankly, time seemed impatient... Loud thuds and screams indicated something was barreling down the hallway. I could see Felix push people away before a giant man crashed right into him.

Felix almost lost is footing as he tried his best to stand his ground. His power made him hard to move around and practically impossible to kill. Yet the hulking brown behemoth managed to make Felix skid backwards anyway. People scattered quickly, but the behemoth caught two civilians anyway. He wrapped his humongous arms around them and they passed out almost instantly, although it didn't seem like he was applying much pressure. I never seen the guy before, but apparently Felix did.

“It's the asshole who crushed my truck!”

WAHAHAHAHAAA YEP! WANNA SEE ME CRUSH THESE WIMPS TOO?!” His violent baritone voice cut through the room.

He was gigantic, almost 7 feet tall from my point of view. His arms were slightly coiled around the civilians, yet it was apparent he was just a jolt away from crushing them. So much muscle was on his frame that it seemed impossible for him to even exist. Based on his attire, he appeared to be an army man. His skin was coffee brown and his intense brown eyes pierced through the darkness to spot me. He smirks and throws the civilians at Felix. Felix catches them and tosses them over his shoulder, getting them to safety quickly.

“Take the crown too, Felix!” I say, making sure to get both the civilians and the villain's target away from him ASAP.

“Here kitty kitty kitty. I see you!” He punches the marble floor, causing it to shatter and fly upward. Some of the debris hits the catwalk, causing it to shake. I hop down, performing a double twist and sticking the landing. “So scary... WAHAHAHUUH! YEAH RIGHT! I'LL CRUSH YOU, YOU STUPID CAT, AND THEN MAKE MILLIONS AFTER!

It's just us. The crown's gone. You're done here.”

“You. Idiot.” His tone goes from bumbling villain to deadly monster. “I want to be the strongest. I want to be a God. So killing a super kitty... Then Felix the immortal... BWAHAH-HAAAH! IT GETS MY BLOOD BOILING! EVERYONE WILL WORSHIP AND FEAR THE ALMIGHTY ALDRIC!

He winds up his arm and recklessly thrusts it in my direction. I skillfully dodge his attack, placing my hands on his arm to thrust myself upward. I flip, using my tail to latch on the leaning catwalk to halt my upward momentum. The feeling of his vascular arm still clings to my hands. I could feel them pulsing... It was unsettling. Aldric jumps, attempting to grab me and failing as I dodge yet again. He brings down the entire catwalk. With a sadistic grin he uses the broken catwalk as projectiles, causing me to evade them while still keeping the artwork safe.

Finally one of them hits me and he cackles briefly, only to see I caught the metallic mass before it ruined a priceless bust of delicate lapiz lazuli. I let the metallic mass fall to the ground and twirl my tail as a way to taunt him. “Phew, close one! Can we stop playing cat and mouse? You should just come at me... Or are you a scaredy-cat?”

GRAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Aldric pulls out a syringe and injects it into his neck before busting out into a sinister cackle. His cackles deepened, almost as if he were transforming into a delirious demon. His muscles flexed and pulsed, changing him immediately before my eyes. It was almost like seeing what happened to me two weeks ago, but to someone who was already enormous. I took my chance and charged at him, aiming for his legs to take him down. As I charged, his legs thickened with muscles, destroying his pants in the process. The muscles were crammed together to the point where it looked like he had one monstrous tree trunk of a leg.

Aldric swatted me away with ease. His footsteps cracked the marble below him. His shirt ripped into shreds as his bulging torso exploded through the fabric. Even though he stood over me, all I could see was a huge mound of fleshy meat hanging far above me. He laughs as he takes advantage of the situation. He drops himself on me, pinning me down with his growing bulk and overwhelming power. I could feel the marble shatter beneath me, digging into my skin. Despite the sound of the room cracking and creaking around us, I could audibly hear the growth of his body as it bloated. Deep sounds of satisfaction echoed throughout him. The growth looked painful, yet he clearly seemed to enjoy the power it was bestowing upon him.

THAT'S ALL?! REALLY?! PATHETIC KITTY CAN'T EVEN FIGHT BACK?!
He grunts as he applies more pressure.

Aldric's stance widens over me, freeing my lower body as a look of confusion crossed his face. His still-growing bulk was removing any form of flexibility he had. Giving me just the right amount of leverage to fight back. I used my legs to lift his body upwards, although he tried his best to keep me pinned down with his hands. I flipped him over and wound up on top, maneuvering my legs around his mountainous traps and delts. Like a tenacious crab, my claws legs clamped down and refused to let go. He struggled against the might of my legs, but the monstrous size of his upper torso and arms pushed against each other. It was physically impossible for him to pry me off him at that point.

Aldric tried his best to scramble to his feet, nearly falling over as he gets up a few times. He frantically tries his hardest to crush me between his back and any surface near him. Soon his pace slowed down as he ran out of air, but even worse, ran out of space for his body to move. He was practically waddling before he was forced to give up. He falls unconscious, smashing more of the marble floor below us to bits. I step back, seeing how the once enormous man was a pile of immobile flesh and muscle. His muscles misshaped, huge, and seemingly squirming beneath his glistening brown skin. I flipped him over and placed separate paralyzer cuffs on him, since there'd be no way to use one set. His body was sprawled out like a giant T-X combination. His muscles simply wouldn't let his body return to a resting position.

Shit! That was quick.” I hear Felix from behind me. He crossed his arms, showing off his glorious pecs and biceps.

“Um... Felix... Why are you in nothing but boxer briefs?”

“Fight in a suit? Yeah right.” He shrugs as he walks up to me and pets me. “Good kitty.”

“S-stop!” I stammer as I swat away his hand. I look back at the man lying on the floor, his body still pulsating.
It was eerie, yet mesmerizing. That's when I feel Felix's hands on my shoulder.

“Your back is bloody! Are you OK?”

“I'm fine Felix. You woo-rr-yyy toooo...”

***Good Or Bad***

I woke up somewhere engulfed in a loud commotion. I swear I could hear Felix's voice discuss something and then Hana. When I fully came to, I noticed I was inside some vehicle. An ambulance, perhaps?

“See? He's fine! His first adrenaline rush just got to him is all.”

“You may be right. For once.” She turns her attention to me, “I was a little worried. I think the pain just caught up to you is all.”

“Idiot! I thought you trained? You have to focus on strengthenin' your skin! Or else shit like this happens.”

“Rookie's mistake? Eheheh...” I tried to play it off as no big deal. I looked over and noticed Hana was actually Madam Butterfly right now. Her outfit was something similar to a purple monarch butterfly's design with a very elaborate skirt and some furry trim on the top. “You should be working. Don't worry about me.”

“You're right.” She stood up and exited the ambulance. Before leaving she turned around, “You did great, Abyss. I hope to work with you in the future.”

“You better watch out. Cats like to swat at pretty little butterflies like you.”
WHY DID I SAY THAT?
Still, Hana laughed as she closed the door to give me some privacy. There was a moment of awkward silence before Felix decided to rustle my hair/cat ears again.

“The best fightin' cat around.”

Stop that!” I gasp, “Eeeey, the cat thing's rubbing off on you, right?”

Not really. I still can't believe you're a fuckin' cat. Anyway, never fight by yourself again, got it? I hate missin' out on the action.”

“I'll be sure to leave some ass for you to kick next time.”

“Now you're learnin'.” Felix laugh
ed as he slapped my back. I cringed and he awkwardly reacted, giving my shoulder two pats before pulling back. He looked away and grunted while I sighed and shook my head.

I knew it was only late afternoon, but it felt like the day was already over. It was extremely unsatisfying. I mean, sure, I saved the day and brought down a villain. I was super awesome on my first day. I feel like being a Super has made me more confident, if not a bit too cocky. So maybe it was satisfying enough. But what was Aldric's deal? Who was that Faux-Felix fellow? Or better yet, who made that dangerous serum? Perhaps time would tell. As my folks taught me, it's not wise to dwell on questions that clearly can't be answered. Not until there's some facts to go on, anyway.

“So. Felix. Clothing actually exists, y'know?”

• Upvote 7

I for one look forward to whatever kind of super hero shenanigans these two will get up too in the future. Great job! It's clear you put a lot of effort into the characters and world building.

Can't wait for more!

Thanks a lot, fellas!

That was great ☺

I'm glad our hero isn't the tragic ugly super.

Thanks.

Well, Aldric can be mentally fixed by Psyshifter(Tatiana) and physically restored by science... Kinda. So it's not too tragic. Aldric is currently bloated and in custody until further notice.