Re-Post--Brainiac: The Mega-Biker

GlamRockCowboy

BRAINIAC: THE MEGA-BIKER

BY GLAMROCKCOWBOY

BASED ON THE “BRAINIAC” STORIES

CREATED BY DAVIEK

It was the day after Halloween, and Rob was recovering from the party in his apartment building the night before. All around the University neighborhood, there were smashed pumpkins cluttering up the sidewalks and roadways, despite the University's stern policies against such activities, and the equally stern punishments for those who got caught taking part in them. First offenders were required to help clean up the mess they had made. Repeat offenders were subject to disciplinary suspension, or even permanent expulsion from the University, a policy that Rob personally agreed with. In actual practice, the punishment for first offenders was usually more than sufficient to dissuade them from any further such incidents.

This morning, however, as Rob was returning to his building after breakfast, he was disgusted to notice that a local gang of teenage bikers were making things even worse. They laughed and sneered as they smashed even more pumpkins on the roads and sidewalks. Because they were not connected with the University, they knew that University officials had no jurisdiction over them, and the local Juvenile Courts were too backed up with other cases to bother with them, even though they were committing vandalism, and creating both health and safety hazards, by their rebellious behavior.

Fortunately, Rob was still too far away for the young hoodlums to notice his approach. Not wanting to become involved in the gang's activities—and definitely not wanting to have the gang turn on him and make him a target for the now-rotting fruit that was being flung around the area—Rob carefully made his way through a back alley towards the building's rear entrance. Just before he reached the back door, however, a young sophomore who was a friend of Rob's came through, heading for his own motorcycle, which was parked in an adjacent lot. To Rob's horror, the gang instantly made the young student their special target. Rob knew that if one of those pumpkins struck the fleeing youth, he would almost certainly suffer a concussion or other serious injury. If, on the other hand, they managed to hit the so-phomore's bike, it would be seriously damaged, and quite possibly destroyed altogether. Rob knew that his schoolmate was on full financial aid, and would not be able to afford the cost of any repairs that might be required, let alone buy a replacement motorcycle if that should be necessary. Because of the high number of incidents resulting from this kind of vandalism, the sophomore's motorcycle insurance policy excluded any such damage from coverage. The State Insurance Department was now contesting the exclusion in court, but Rob knew that, given the current backlog in the court system, it might well be years before a decision was handed down, and that any such decision would almost certainly be appealed. Thus, if the young sophomore's bike were hit, he would effectively be without transportation for the remainder of his college career.

Suddenly, to Rob's horror, a member of the gang managed to fling an unusually large pumpkin directly at the sophomore's head. Rob instantly realized that, if it made contact, his young schoolmate would be killed instantly, or would at least suffer a broken neck or spine, either of which would cripple his friend for life. “STOP!” he yelled, at the very top of his lungs. To Rob's immense relief, as it had so many times in the past, time throughout the universe came to a complete standstill. The familiar computer in-terface made its appearance, and Rob prepared to make a series of changes to correct the situation—and with compound interest!

Walking up to the young ssophomore, Rob commanded, “Select object. Edit.” He then paused and studied his young schoolmate for a few seconds, carefully considering the changes he wanted—and needed—to make. This, he decided, was a somewhat different case from most of the people he would nor-mally use his special gift on. While it was obvious that a number of changes in this young man's situation would be both necessary and beneficial, he decided against giving his schoolmate an entirely new identity, which would have been his normal practice. Nevertheless, Rob already knew that his schoolmate was intensely interested in becoming a glam metal rock musician, as well as a bodybuilder. Well, Rob decided, he would give his friend that—and a lot more besides!

Rob's first act was to improve his schoolmate's physical characteristics. “Increase subject's musculature by 500%,” he snapped. “Also, increase height to 7 feet 7 inches, and increase bone thickness to accommodate increased muscle size.” Within a few seconds, the young freshman grew from a skinny 19-year-old geek into a young muscle giant. Rob then walked around his newly transformed friend to decide what to change next. “Load hair template 'TJ Racer 2',” he directed. Instantly the youth's hair grew and swelled into the biggest glam metal hairstyle Rob had ever seen. “Load template 'Extreme Glam Metal Makeup 2', he now directed. “Cologne: 'Preferred Stock' by Coty. Also, load template 'Giant Gonads 3'. Increase lip thickness 100%.” Moments later, Rob's schoolmate was transformed into one of the hottest-looking glam rockers Rob had ever seen. Rob felt, however, that a few refine-ments were still needed. “Skin tone: Increase tan 200%. Load wardrobe template 'Extreme Glam Metal Leather 2'. Increase IQ level 100%. Primary occupation: College student, advanced placement, majoring in music. Secondary occupation: glam metal rock musician, skill level 'Virtuoso 2'. Finances: Multi-billionaire. Adjust speech, mannerisms, and thought processes to match.”

Rob paused for a few momentrs as the numerous changes he had just ordered were implemented. In a matter of seconds, the young giant was transformed into one of the most richly-clad young glam metal studs he had ever seen. There were a few finishing touches that he still needed to make, though, he de-cided, before he unleashed his newest creation. “Sexual orientation: Straight. Sexual activity: Virgin until marriage. Selecting other options. Alcohol use: none until age 21. Drug use: none. Tobacco use: none. Primary vehicle: Indian Chieftain motorcycle, heavily customized with studs, engine twin turbocharged. Secondary vehicle: Cadillac CTX, white flip-flop pearlescent paint, all available options, engine supercharged. Increase speed of reflexes 200%. Auto-fill subject's memory based on selections and save all changes. Load object and resume.”

Only a few seconds later, the now-transformed glam-rocker turned on his heel, saw the pumpkin coming towards him, then, to Rob's astonishment, grabbed it out of the air and sent it flying right back in the direction of the young hooligans who had flung it toward him to begin with. The teens froze in terror as the giant pumpkin zoomed within an inch of the gang leader's head, then exploded into dozens of fragments as it struck a large tree nearby.

As might be expected, the gang members turned and prepared to run. Before any of them could take a single step, however, the young muscle giant bellowed, “STAY WHERE YOU ARE—EVERY ONE OF YOU! IF I HAVE TO COME AFTER EVEN ONE OF YOU, I'LL RUN RIGHT OVER ALL OF YOUR HEADS!!” Trembling in every limb, the teens did as they were told. Rob's schoolmate stalked over to them and fixed them with a burning gaze of anger and contempt. “JUST WHAT IN THE NAME OF SANITY DO YOU PUNKS THINK YOU'RE DOING? YOU COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEBODY THAT WAY! IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL FUN? HUH??”

By now, the teen gang members were actually down on their knees begging for mercy, crying hysteri-cally. “Please don't hurt us!” the gang leader begged. “Yeah, Mister, we're sorry!” Rob and his house-mate, whose name was David, were conviinced that the boys meant what they said. Not wanting to be too hard on them, but still feeling they needed to be taught a lesson, David sharply commanded them to stand up. The boys promptly did so. “If you're truly sorry, you're gonna have to prove it,” he replied. “And in this case, the way I'm going to require you to prove it is for all of you to clean up this mess—NOW!!” To the two collegians' enormous satisfaction, the young gang members promptly did just that. While they were at work, Rob pulled out his cell phone and called the University's Buildings and Grounds office and arranged to have a truck sent over to collect the pumpkin fragments for proper disposal. In less than an hour, the job was completed. Both Rob and David nodded to indicate their approval. The boys then went the proverbial extra mile by insisting on assisting the groundsmen in sho-veling the collected fragments into the back of the truck.

As the truck pulled away, David turned toward the teens with a smile. “You did a good job, guys,” he said, in a warm tone of praise that made their faces all flush with pleasure. To their utter disbelief, he then insisted on giving each of them a crisp $100 bill in payment for their efforts. “Stay out of trouble,” he promised, “ and I'll see what I can do to get each of you a really good-paying job. Now be off with all of you!”

The now-jubilant teens thanked their new benefactor profusely, complimented him on the outfit he was wearing, and then departed. Rob and David exchanged a joyful high-five. What could have been an ugly and even murderous incident had instead been turned into a triumph. For his part, Rob had never felt such supreme satisfaction that the use of his unique gift had turned out so well. Then, to Rob's surprise, David asked him what his plans were for the rest of the day. Since that day was a Sunday, and there were therefore no classes, Rob replied, “I was planning to go to Hell with Dante, but I can wait on that, at least for a while. Did you have something in mind?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact,” David answered, a wicked grin lighting up his gorgeous features in a manner that caused Rob to shiver with delight. “I'm planning on shopping for some new outfits, including leathers and boots. Would you care to come with me?” A wicked grin now came over Rob's face as he instantly accepted. His schoolmate then went back inside just long enough to get a helmet for Rob to wear, then put on his own and led Rob to the garage where his fabulously-decked-out motorcycle was parked. The two students then mounted David's superbike and took off for what turned out to be the hottest motorcycle shop in town. David explained that this was the shop that had done such a fabulous job with his first bike, and that he now wanted a second, even more extravagant machine, and an even more lavish set of leathers and boots to go with it.

“By the way,” the young billionaire asked, as they arrived at their destination, “Do you know how to ride a motorcycle?” Regretfully, Rob shook his head. “Well, then, we're gonna change that,” his dorm-mate shot back firmly, yet with a grin that was so lustful and wicked it was tantamount to a leer. “In fact,” David went on, “by the time I'm through with you, you're gonna be every bit as much of a glam-metal rocker as I am—in fact, I insist on it!! I insist on buying you a custom bike, too—every bit as lavish as the one I'm gonna get!”

Rob was aghast. In all the years he had used his special gift, he had made it a point never to use it in any way that might even suggest he was doing so for personal gain. He also knew that he could not use his power on himself—and he had yet to find anyone, anywhere, who also had that same gift. He tried his best to reason, even to argue with his friend—but in the end, David disarmed his arguments. He pointed out that Rob had taken David under his wing virtually from the moment he had first set foot on the campus more than a year before. “You've helped me again and again during all this time,” he concluded. “Please, Rob, give me a chance to help you in return.” Even through the visor of his helmet, Rob could see that there were actually tears in David's eyes.

It was the sight of those tears that finally prompted Rob to break down and nod his head in agreement. He could never stand to see anyone he cared about cry. The sight of tears in the eyes of one of those he had helped made his feelings even stronger. When Rob nodded his consent, David instantly lifted him up like a feather and hugged him hard. “Thank you, Rob, thank you!” he choked out. “You have no idea how much this means to me!” Stunned and overwhelmed, too moved to speak in return, Rob simply returned his friend's embrace as best he could. Then, after they had both wiped their eyes, they walked into the shop to begin Rob's new life alongside his now best friend as a glam-metal biker. Rob had no idea as to why his life was taking such an unexpected turn, but something inside of him told him not to question it—that this was at least a partial reward for his unselfish use of his gift, and that, as long as he continued to use that gift responsibly, even greater rewards were yet to come.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Sounds like a great start of a series, or at least there is an opening here for a second story about Rob & David. At least I feel like there is. ^w^

A really nice story. ^^

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2015 at 12:26 AM, Hanugumo said:

Sounds like a great start of a series, or at least there is an opening here for a second story about Rob & David. At least I feel like there is. ^w^

A really nice story. ^^

Thanks!  I really hadn't considered a series based on Rob and David as such, given the fact thatRob's special gift is the story's basic premise.  DavieK, the original author of the "Brainiac" series, laid the groundwork, and I've pretty much folloowed his lead in this case.  HOWEVER--once I resolve a few computer issues I'm currently grappling with, I'll think about it.  I'm glad you enjoyed this story, though! :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks! I really hadn't considered a series based on Rob and David as such, given the fact thatRob's special gift is the story's basic premise. DavieK, the original author of the "Brainiac" series, laid the groundwork, and I've pretty much folloowed his lead in this case. HOWEVER--once I resolve a few computer issues I', currently grappling with, I'll think about it. I'm glad you enjoyed this story, though! :)

I've always enjoyed your stories. ^^ Of course this story has a lot of groundwork written by someone else which deserves credit as well of course, but your unique way of combining muscle growth and glam rock elements is really interesting and fun to read. ^^ And I am looking forward to what you will be doing next. if it'd be a second story in a series about Rob & David or even a whole new story, I KNOW I will love it. ^^ <3

Also I am sorry to hear you are suffering from computer problems. <=( I hope they'll be resolved quickly.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...