NEWS: VERIFIED ACCOUNTS & NEW DISCORD CHANGES - CLICK HERE

Sign in to follow this  
callmetrain

Biotech CEO does DIY gene therapy, supposedly inhibits myostatin

I'm sure that she'll be fine. She's looking great after the procedure.__6942002.jpg

I've read.......um.......stories, on stuff like this, the above was one of the possible outcomes, the other tended to cause back problems, sometimes even problems getting her feet to touch the ground and fixed the whole back pain thing, if things don't go quite to plan.......

But it doesn't address the main problem. Even if you are injecting a myostatin blocker into your muscles, what's to prevent your body from circulating that blocker to the rest of your body? The challenge with myostatin is that you don't want your organs growing larger. Imagine if your kidneys or gall bladder or heart become enlarged as a result of growth being limited.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the main danger here?

An enlarged heart is very bad for the body. It's possible there will be biochemistry discovered that reveals how to prevent growth of non-skeletal muscle. If that becomes reality Bodybuilding will never be the same again. We will enter an era of colossal muscle beasts. Immobility will probably be the main side effect for misuse of the drug.

As far as I understand it, Myostatin only effects skeletal muscles. Otherwise, they wouldn't even be considering a blocker as a treatment for MD. You'd just be trading one killer for another.