The Cake, the Candles and the Birthday Wish

Scriptboy

The Cake, the Candles, and the Birthday Wish – A short story by Scriptboy – Chapter 2

Ethan was overcome with feelings of anxiety, fear, excitement and happiness… He was feeling all of them at the same time as he walked through the main gate of the high school on the morning after his seventeenth birthday. Thoughts were racing through his mind as he frantically looked around the wide tiled hallways for someone… Anyone… whom he had considered a friend so he could show off his new, improved body.

He walked over to the row of lockers as he opened up his locker and put his book bag away when he spotted a familiar, friendly face. It was Kyle, another one of his fellow nerds, who shared every single science and math class with him. Good, Kyle was walking towards him.

“Yo, Kyle! Whatsup, dude?” Ethan grinned as Kyle walked over to him with a curious glance as if he almost didn’t recognize him at first.

“Uhh…. Ethan? Is that you?” Kyle wondered out loud, examining the muscle boy from head to toe. Kyle himself was skinny as a rail and he always wore sweaters or jackets just to make him look a little bigger, but today Ethan was definitely the bigger man. “What… What the hell happened to YOU?”

“Let’s just say it like this… I celebrated my birthday yesterday and I wished for big muscles and this morning, when I work up… I was HUGE!” Ethan grinned, spreading out his thick arms. “So, how do I look?”

Even though Ethan was wearing a polo shirt and shorts, it was easy to see that he had gained a significant amount of muscle compared to the previous day. It was almost creepy.

“Are you telling me that you just gained like thirty pounds of muscle overnight? Without even going to the gym or anything?” Kyle said as he scratched his head.

“Yeah… That’s how it happened! I woke up this morning and I felt bigger, stronger and heavier and when I saw myself in the mirror, I knew that my wish had come true! Isn’t that cool?” Ethan just smiled.

“Uhh… Well yeah… But, why? Why did you wish for more muscles?” Kyle shrugged. “I would have wished for a million bucks or for the biggest and best computer or for the highest IQ or something useful and cool like that!”

“Yes, but I have gotten really tired of doing homework assignments for other people and this is the only way to put a stop to it!” Ethan explained.

“Uh, oh… Speaking of homework assignments…” Kyle gulped as he saw Gerry and Tyrone walking towards them. Gerry seemed to be in a foul mood as he marched straight towards Ethan and Kyle. Kyle stepped back although he didn’t leave Ethan to fend for himself.

Gerry was walking with Tyrone, who was another member of the football team. Tyrone was tall, muscular and he wore a polo shirt and jeans. He was also very muscular. The teen was also African American but he tagged along with Gerry because Gerry was the main dude on the team.

“Well, well, well… What have we here?” Gerry sneered as he walked up to Ethan. “Has our little friend been working out?”

Gerry examined Ethan from head to toe and he was amazed by Ethan’s sudden muscle growth although he didn’t show it.

“I… Uhh… I had a growth spurt…” Ethan said shyly. He was still feeling intimidated by Gerry although it was much less than previously.

“A growth spurt? You had a growth spurt?” Gerry laughed as he folded his thick arms before his chest.

“Hey bruh! You mean to tell us that your muscles just grew like…. Overnight?” Tyrone added.

“As a matter of fact… They did!” Ethan stated, feeling a little more confident.

“Oh, really? And what made your muscles grow like that? The tooth fairy?” Gerry grinned.

“Uhmm no…. I just wished for it…. For my birthday…” Ethan replied softly as he realized how silly he sounded even though he was telling the truth.

“Listen, bruh… You mean to tell me that all you did was wish for big muscles on your birthday and it just happened? Your muscles grew huge overnight?” Tyrone continued.

“Since it appears that you forgot to do my homework assignments for the third day in a row…” Gerry said as he slammed his right first in his palm of his left hand, “I think it’s about time for me to remind you of the deal we made a few weeks ago, Ethan… If you break the deal, then I get to punch you in the face… And having fake muscles isn’t going to stop me because NOBODY grows muscles overnight!”

Both Ethan and Kyle suddenly became scared. Gerry flexed every muscle in his big, thick arms as he slowly approached Ethan, punching his own fist into his hand.

“Umm… Can we talk this over? Ethan just forgot! It was his birthday! Give him another chance!” Kyle shouted frantically.

“I have given him two chances already! I already missed an assignment because of this little twerp! It’s time for him to pay for his stupidity!” Gerry roared.

Ethan started to feel an odd tingling sensation coarse through his body, specifically through his muscles. It started as soon as Gerry had threatened him.

“Listen, Gerry! I’ll make up for it… I’ll work harder… I’ll… UHHHHH!!”

Gerry couldn’t wait… he made a fist and punched Ethan straight in the stomach!

Ethan leaned over and placed both his hands over his stomach as he cringed in pain. Tears started coming from his eyes as he dropped to his knees on the floor.

Kyle quickly ran over to his buddy and placed his hands on his back, while trying to help Ethan get back on his feet. Gerry was about to turn around and walk away when something weird happened.

“Ohh…. Ohhh…. OOOOOOHH….” Ethan moaned out loud as his muscles started to GROW just as Kyle had helped him back on his feet again.

“Are you alright, bro? What’s happening? What’s going on?” Kyle asked him, while holding one hand against Ethan’s back and the other against his shoulder.

Ethan’s chest bulged out from his torso, growing bigger, wider and thicker! His pectorals grew even more massive, transforming into large round spheres of muscle, which were placed side by side in his chest, sticking out by more than six inches, and they were as solid as steel.

An impressive set of rock-solid abdominal muscles formed just below the pectorals. These muscles popped up in neat rows and columns like a washboard. Thick, wide lats formed under his big, wide arms which were now completely covered with veins all over. His biceps were as big and as round as bowling balls and his forearms were just as thick as Popeye’s arms. Massive delts and traps covered the shoulders and the thick neck on top of the shoulders as Ethan suddenly became very, VERY muscular. His polo shirt could no longer contain all that muscle and the cotton shirt tore right down the middle, revealing his new, enlarged and impressive pectorals and mighty abdominal muscles.

Lastly, Ethan’s legs filled out his shorts. Several thick cords of muscle formed between the waist and the knees as his quads grew ever thicker and wider, turning into huge pillars of muscle which were thicker than Redwood Oak trees. His calves blew out from the back of his legs, growing into large orbs of vein-covered muscle which were larger than soccer balls.

When the strange growth spurt ended, Ethan felt bigger, heavier and… stronger!

“Hey Gerry!” Ethan shouted at Gerry and Tyrone, who were walking away without seeing what had happened.

“Holy shit, Ethan! You… You’re massive!” Kyle gasped as he had witnessed his friend’s growth spurt up close.

Tyrone was the first to turn around and to realize the change.

“Uhh, bruh… You ain’t wanna mess with the kid no more…” Tyrone gasped as he backed off. “He got huge!”

Ethan slowly walked towards Gerry, who looked shocked.

“What the hell?”

Ethan pulled the torn t-shirt off of his chest, ripping it apart using his bare hands and tossing it to the floor. He truly looked amazing with his huge chest and his massive legs. He looked like a professional bodybuilder!

“About that homework assignment…” Ethan said as he walked even closer towards Gerry.

This time Gerry gave no warning. He made a fist and slammed it into Ethan’s chest, landing it in Ethan’s pectorals with a loud THUD. This time, however, Ethan didn’t feel a thing. He just stood there and smiled.

Gerry pulled his hand back and shook it in pain. It felt like he had slammed his fist into a brick wall!

“Let’s talk about the homework assignments for a moment, shall we?” Ethan said coolly as he continued to walk towards Gerry, who was now standing with his back against the wall.

Ethan continued to walk up to him, invading his personal space and pressing his own huge pectorals up against Gerry’s chest, pinning him up against the brick wall.

“I think I’m done doing homework assignments for you…”

“ETHAN! You… You’re crushing me….” Gerry gasped as it became harder to breathe while Ethan continued to press his huge pectorals against his own chest, making him feel very uncomfortable. “I can’t breathe!”

“You will leave me and my friends alone from now on… And you will do your OWN assignments!”  Ethan said calmly.

Ethan reached out with his big hand and grabbed Gerry by the shirt collar, lifting him up until his shoes were dangling a foot above the floor.

“If you bother me or my friends again… Then you’ll have a BIG problem… with me!” Ethan sneered. “Got it?”

Ethan waited for Gerry to nod until he tossed the big football player on the floor like a bag or rice.  Then he turned around and walked away, looking for Kyle.

“Come on, Kyle. Let’s go to class! I still need to find another shirt to wear!” Ethan said to his friend as the two walked away, leaving Gerry sitting on the floor. Tyrone quickly came up to him and helped him back on his feet. The two couldn’t believe what had happened!

“Ethan! I saw it! I saw your muscles grow! It was amazing!” Kyle shouted to his friend who now seemed a lot bigger than when he first walked into the building.

“Yeah… well, I’m gonna have fun explaining these huge muscles to everyone… You’re gonna have to help me, Kyle!” Ethan said to his buddy.

“No problem… Gotcha covered, bro!” Kyle said as the two went to the locker room to find a bigger shirt for Ethan to wear before the headed off to their first class…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10