Varg

Interesting start to a Superhero story. I wonder how many Supervillians there are?

Once our Hero changes I hope he get big, but not macro sized!

Why not? The bigger he is the more villians he can beat and the more people he can protect (if he is careful enough to watch his step and all of course), right? ^^

Why not? The bigger he is the more villians he can beat and the more people he can protect (if he is careful enough to watch his step and all of course), right? ^^

True, but most Giant, macro Heroes are fairly unmuscled despite their height- look at Giant Man, or Goliath. I like the 8-10ft range of towering, hulking muscle- Juggernaught, Hulk, Blockbuster, Sasquatch, Solomon Grundy, Hyde, kinda size - massive, blocky, thick, solid ton of beef. Capable of chucking tanks, and bouncing artillery shells off their (preferably hairy) chests!

True, but most Giant, macro Heroes are fairly unmuscled despite their height- look at Giant Man, or Goliath. I like the 8-10ft range of towering, hulking muscle- Juggernaught, Hulk, Blockbuster, Sasquatch, Solomon Grundy, Hyde, kinda size - massive, blocky, thick, solid ton of beef. Capable of chucking tanks, and bouncing artillery shells off their (preferably hairy) chests!

Who says that they have to be like that? I mean: In stories you can always make them as muscled as you want them to be, right?

Heck, talking about comic book characters: have you ever seen feral Venom? He was so big he'd towered over the hulk and all the other muscular studs you mentioned and make them look like weak little twinks. ^^

• 2 months later...

Spoilers contain responses to comments and also another author's note. I didn't want to get this post messy.

1) @Everyone - I'm so glad that people like this story. Even if it's a few, it's enough for me. I'm so sorry for leaving you guys hanging, I know it's rude to do that without explanation. I meant to continue this but lost all motivation due to IRL problems. I wish I could've got around to this sooner! I was going to have hulk time, but instead I'm going for a slightly slower approach to that to stretch it out and maybe shove in some more muscular Supers, both good and bad! There will be some female Supers, but the focus will be on males.

ALSO! If you have any Villain ideas feel free to PM me some if you don't mind me using them (I'll give credit in the posts they're featured). I already have the heroes lined up. I kind of want to get an/some artist(s) to draw/sketch some of my heroes and maybe TF sequences, maybe color them in too. I will totally pay commission fees. Please PM if you know someone who usually isn't too busy or you want to be my guy! I know there's plenty of amazing artists here but I don't want to directly bother them/you guys.

BTW... You thought "A Super's Secret" was about Evan's secret Super status? Well kinda... But...

2)@FurFucked - Yeah I like stories that are kind of in the realm of reality. There are women on this planet and they are likely to be, you know, actual people. I know people love focusing on men and gay erotica, which believe me, I loooooove. But in stories that are elongated I like there to be characters who aren't there for sexual reasons. Friends. Family. Whatever.

3) @Hanugumo - I prefer all kinds of muscle! I am more of a Hulk super strength kind of guy than a stick figure super strength kind of guy. What can I say? I love muscles! Though I still like them all anyway. In Evan's case, he is kind of buff. Think male model, but after the change, just a touch bigger and taller. I want him to be the above average muscled/super strength kind of guy for now. Mostly for visual (textual?) contrast to the other Super males.

4) @Ogrebear - I totally get it. There's a distinct different between Macro and then growing into a muscled giant. Some Macro artworks feature a huge muscled man. Yes, his thighs may weigh over a 2 tons each, but the muscle is usually scaled in proportion to his original size. So he technically grew bigger, but his musculature didn't expand or change in definition. When the musculature expands for Macro guys, it's literally muscles on top of muscles on top of muscles on top of a wide wall of muscles. There is absolutely nothing wrong with either way, I am not Macro/Muscle/Kink shaming here. lol

Part 3

“Fuck.” Plop. “OH FUCK!” Ploppah. “Nope nooope!” Plopadopdop.

I know my weight change also alters my momentum control, but this is ridiculous! Despite the high bars and laws of physics defeating me, I feel so spry and dry. As in, I should be a tad tired and sweaty after a 25 minute endeavor of reworking my routine. The high bar requires momentum and exquisite form, the obstacle being the bar which I keep hitting as well as gravity and blahblahblah. It seems I'm overexerting my strength without meaning to, so maybe I should give the rings a go. They're about rigid form, requiring total body control and strength. There's also no bar to hit, instead there are obstacles in the form of rotating my shoulder out of its socket if I mess up or a concision if I fall. This ain't your mama's/papa's old summer camp gymnastics.

I step up and grab the rings. First pulling myself up and forming a giant T, my body's muscles locked in place to defy gravity. I feel as if I had gotten lighter, but why? My mind and muscles become one, syncing beyond anything I ever felt before. I slowly shift forward, bringing my legs back and upward so they are parallel to the ground. A familiar rush flows throughout my body, my muscles cheering me on and engulfing me in a satisfying pleasant aura over something so simple looking. I return to neutral position briefly before performing a total backward spin, facing the ground as I hold myself parallel to it. Why do I feel like a feather twirling in the wind? It's exhilarating!

As I spin once more, the pleasant aura turns into a familiar burn. An unwanted surge of power boiling within me.

“No!” I gasp mid dismount. I drop to the floor and try to hold myself up, but my body is shaking too violently. I place my hand over my heart as it violently pounds right through my chest. It's my powers. They were subtly active the entire time, hence the easier routine.

I look down at my quaking arm, noticing it pulsate. My muscles are growing, but more so, they appear to be altering themselves. It appears as if the muscles are rapidly rolling under my skin, producing another fine crease in my skin with each rotation. The pronounced striations making my muscles bulge, or perhaps they are just growing bigger in general. The pain is unbearable, both mentally and physically. Yet a euphoric sensation rises to match the pain. Still, I am left sweating and writhing in agony as my body further alters itself. In a heated panic, I rip off my shirt in hopes of quelling this unbearable heat. It's a polyester blend... Very durable and stretchy... It came off like tissue paper. My body is screaming *more power, MORE* but my mind pleads for it to stop.

Of course, my transformation gains attention and several people flock around me. I want to call out for help for a way to make this all go away. Yet all my mouth can do is let out sounds of distress. Two big guys reach down to restrain me, then quickly pull back as my burning flesh sears their hands. People began talking, on phones, to each other, at me, but I couldn't hear a thing. Instead, my eyes uncontrollably scan my body as I attempt to get in a stable position. My mind, still pleading for it to end, could not comprehend it. It is seeing, but just not believing.

With the shirt gone, I can now visibly examine my torso, although, the sight makes me wish I had not ripped off my shirt. I could see my abdominal morph into something familiar, yet inhuman. Another set of blocks were added to my once uneven 6-pack. All the separated portions shifted, perfectly aligning and giving me an 8-pack only found in magazines. Obliques contoured my sides, appearing gloriously cut that they could put diamonds to shame. Ripples down my neck, shoulder, and back told me things I could not see are also transforming into strange muscles. It did not stop there, as each section of my abs became pronounced, pushing against my skin. Veins freely snaking along my body since it had no idea how to handle my mutant muscles. Of course my compact and strong pecs join in. It follows the same format as my abs, turning into every guy's dream pecs and then morphing into a nightmare. Growing overly striated, rounded, and vascular.

I groan as the same thing happens to the rest of my body. I clutch the sweat coated mat, unintentionally ripping the lining and padding. The crowd around me back off and thin out. I do not blame them. Not only am I losing a crucial part of my life in a horrific display, but I am becoming a disgusting monster. Like the rest of my torso, my thighs and arms become vascular striated monstrosities. Roll, roll, roll - amazing, weird, grotesque. My shorts are becoming tighter in the most uncomfortable of places in addition to the squeezing of my thighs. I roll onto my back, defeated. I didn't want to see anymore. So here I lay, giving up and letting my body do whatever it wants. It's over for me now. My muscles can explode out of my skin for all I care. Even as the rolling boil within my veins and muscles cools, I can't find a single reason to move or open my eyes.

“He's not...”

“... Kinda freakish...”

“... Unique, actually...”

“... Let's not...”

“.... Dammit Evan...”

My eyes flicker open, then I become instantly alert. First, to examine my situation. I'm lying down on a bed with sheets over me. I'm still in my gear, or should I say, my oddly fitting pants. Three familiar people are here with me. I sit up, wrapping the sheet around me to conceal my freakish body. “It's kind of rude to talk about someone who's in the same room.”

“Evan!” Hana exclaims as she claps in excitement. “You are so lucky nobody filmed that. They just called it in to HQ. We were able to get you out of there. I'm so glad you're OK. I was freaking out.”

“And. Luckily. I was present to fix the mess you have created. I had to alter 12 people's memories. To keep your new biography entry short, the gymnast prodigy known as Evan actually has a weak heart. So he had a heart attack one day while practicing and can no longer be a gymnast. Which does you a favor, since supers cannot compete in official sports. So you are indeed welcome for my miraculous services. Now please form your moronic alter-ego so you can obtain clothes that do not reveal... Whatever you happen to call that below your neck.” The pretentious voice of Tatiana stung my ears.

“Wow. Evan's a super like us! That's cool or somethin' I guess.” Felix shrugs, as he displays his awful acting skills.

“Yeah, I bet you're soooo surprised.” Hana glares at Felix. I assume she's the only one that pieced together last night's report with today's incident, considering Tatiana would be berating me and/or Felix by now if she knew. Tatiana, totally disinterested or annoyed, left the room with an audible grunt-sigh-groan. Hana ignores the oh so elegant princess and continues on. “So. Evan. You were only out for an hour. They ran tests on you and... Um... You are quite unique for a male Super. Or a Super in general.”

“Yeah. I know. My body is super gross instead of being Adonis-like. My self-esteem is sky high, don't worry. My other super power must be grossing people out, though. Hooray.”

“Don't... Wait. Scan findings first. Anyway, just stating observations here. Your body is extremely unstable. A Super's power generally wraps around the person's interests or skill sets. You are clearly supposed to be a Super with incredible strength, which means you should be enormous. But your life basically revolved around gymnastics giving you a warped version of your power. Your strength is still incredible and your flexibility is probably along the lines of those circus people... Like, um, the ones who fit in cubes and stuff. Your musculature allows for you to be flexible and incredibly strong at the same time. Your muscle fibers will shift if you stretch or bend. That's why your body is so very unique.”

“So... He can be a damn ball bouncing down the street kicking people's heads off? That's fuckin' dumb.” Felix chimes in and chuckles at my expense. I look at him and want to be angry, but I think all I can display is sadness. He stops laughing and gets serious. He bends down and hugs me. He. Is. Hugging. Me. What. “Sorry, Evan. I know you wanted to be an Olympic gymnist, but now you can be like us. You can help set people and, I don't fuckin' know, still do your routines and shit upside people's heads.”

“... Thanks Felix.” He pulls away and gives me a nod. He most certainty tried his best with that one.

“We have somethin' in common, right? So if you need to bitch about somethin', I'm your guy.” I change my mind once again. Felix is a great guy when he wants to be. I think I see why he's... Well, himself.

“We do.” I smile a bit and so does he. He shakes the happy-feel-goods off with a shrug. He gives me another nod and exits the room, leaving just a very confused Hana before me.

“Well. Um. This day is weird. That was... Was that Felix? Er, he is right though. You lost all you worked for, but you can apply it to saving people now. In a stylish manner, no less. Pretty cool, right? You're going to be making serious bank and you can maybe open a gymnasium for kids. You'd be the coolest Sup-”

“Always going for the silver lining cheering-up approach, eh? You're totally overdoing it.”

“I'm very scripted, aren't I?” She sighs, “Evan this is weird to say, but I'm glad you're a Super. I'm tired of jerks becoming Supers and just tossing their weight around. I mean, sure, they save people and help out but their attitude or egos are just so-”

“Hana, I appreciate what you're trying to do. But not everyone was groomed to be a Super like you. Maybe they come off as jerks because they're bitter over what they had to give up. Maybe they have egos because they really want what they're doing to matter to them, so they're faking it until they can finally believe it.”

She was taken aback, her lips forming a frown. “I...” She tries to find words as she shakes her head. Then there's a flicker in her eyes, like an epiphany sparking. She smiles and bows. “You're right. This is exactly why you'd be a great Super.”

“I, er, didn't mean to sound so profound.” I scratch the back of my head in confusion in embarrassment. The words fell out of my mouth, but they actually seem to ring true.

“It's OK. You're totally right. I shouldn't judge without knowing.” Her smile grows wider. “Maybe with a Super sweetie like you around, you'll start rubbing off on those bitter Supers.”

“Heh... I'm hardly the sweet-type.”

“If you can get Felix to apologize and drop the machismo, you are totally nice and sweet.” She gives me a hug and wiggles me back and forth. I accidentally let go of the blanket, revealing my torso. As she pulls away she looks down and her eye twitches. “Does it bother you?”

A lot.”

“Hmm, I think I have an idea that might help you out. In the mean time, you should go to the lab to get your Super identity sorted out. They're probably going to want a name, pictures, and coverage of you for the evening news. I wouldn't be surprised if they have ideas for product endorsements, too.”

“Ug... The Super life sounds even worse than I thought.”

“That's why most of us get secret identities. So we can shut off the media attention and actually have lives to ourselves except for some of us. You'll get the hang of it. And remember, you don't have to be a serious Super. You can just be a mediator who takes care of small crimes or issues. Or a special guard for HQ. It's up to you.”

It's up to me, huh? Well...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

Thanks!

I'm going to be using this as a prologue of sorts for the Supers series. I'm going to title them Supers #: Title from now on as separate titles. I hope to churn one out at least 1 time a month. Though the first part is going to be out within this week. I'm still working on how stories flow. I feel like I might be sticking too close to main parts and not having enough fluff for characters to do their thing. IDK.

First one will be Supers 1: Cat Day Afternoon and I'm excited to get it finished. I have to wait until my day off to proof read it. So hopefully by tomorrow I can get it out.

• Upvote 3

I read the first part a while ago, somehow missed the second, and caught up with the second and third last night.  The story is really progressing nicely, and it is a novel take on the genre of super powers and muscle growth.  I'm really excited to see you're planning to continue and branch it out as an ongoing series!

I read the first part a while ago, somehow missed the second, and caught up with the second and third last night.  The story is really progressing nicely, and it is a novel take on the genre of super powers and muscle growth.  I'm really excited to see you're planning to continue and branch it out as an ongoing series!

Then you'll be happy to know that I'm in the midst of posting the true start of the series! This will be a prologue. I'm just swapping present tense to past tense to make it easier to write more. Buuuut I wrote most of the P1 in present tense so I have to just finish going over it before posting it. I am totally not lying this time. I will totally post it before 12:30AM EST! I am totally not bad with self-proposed deadlines.

>__>

<__<

Totally.

• Upvote 2