MuscleNexusTF

Using clothes as motivation

Swole, you are the last guy who would look like a tool in form fitting athletic gear! You could wear a shirt with the Power Puff Girls on it, and you'd still look bad ass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love compression stuff. I wear them often at the gym. I agree with the general consensus that it pushes you harder/makes you more aware of your physique. You know you have to push hard and stay lean to pull it off without looking stupid. The flip side though, as I'm a pretty big guy, it can also come off as showing off a bit depending on the gym. I've been lifting long enough now though that I don't really care. I like the shirts, I like how they feel and look, I like lifting in them (nothing get's caught or in the way), I like looking big and showing off a bit. I've earned it. Fuck what others think is what I say. 

• Upvote 2

I love compression stuff. I wear them often at the gym. I agree with the general consensus that it pushes you harder/makes you more aware of your physique. You know you have to push hard and stay lean to pull it off without looking stupid. The flip side though, as I'm a pretty big guy, it can also come off as showing off a bit depending on the gym. I've been lifting long enough now though that I don't really care. I like the shirts, I like how they feel and look, I like lifting in them (nothing get's caught or in the way), I like looking big and showing off a bit. I've earned it. Fuck what others think is what I say.

The gym I go to is downtown (closest to my apt) and is known as being the vainest gym around. Lots of bodybuilders. Nobody stands out for trying to show off :P

• Upvote 1

Cool, I went ahead and got one. I got a large, so there's a lot of filling out to be done before it fits well. I'm going to take progress pics in it periodically to watch it fill out... Kind of vain, but hey, it'll work for motivation without a doubt :P

I think vanity is encouraged here. :) It is impossible for a successful bodybuilder not to show off. Your big muscles are always there, and distinguish you from people who haven't built a lot of muscle. When you get really huge your whole life will be a parade of muscle.

• Upvote 1

This summer I bought 5 tank tops -- everything from "demure" sleeveless to the kind with string shoulder straps. I've never really worn them before.

It was only last week that I decided to wear one of the tighter fitting racer tanks to my gym. It was a chest workout and by the end of it I was practically busting out of it. My upper pecs and shoulders were bursting with veins. I was so excited by how I looked. I could believe it. I didn't know I had all those veins under my t-shirts. My trainer was saying how good I looked. The funny thing was that I felt a strange mix of amazement/excitement/embarrassment at the sight of my jacked-up arms when I was doing finishing curls. I so wanted to stay in the gym and do a little flexing after I was done, instead of driving home for 20 mins and losing my pump in the meantime. Ha.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I got a few pairs of shirts and tanks that as of now, don't look too good on me while I'm still carrying this gut around, so they serve as a source of motivation for me. Want to be able to wear them and look damn good

• Upvote 1

I got a few pairs of shirts and tanks that as of now, don't look too good on me while I'm still carrying this gut around, so they serve as a source of motivation for me. Want to be able to wear them and look damn good

That's why underarmour shirts are so great, they force you keep your gut in check.  The gym is not the place to look good, looking good comes later from consistent working out in the gym.  I find that planks are one of the best exercises for keeping your core and your abs tight.

• Upvote 3