• Announcements

• CMiller

Help contribute, donate via PayPal or join with a monthly Patreon contribution.   01/01/17

To help raise funds I've introduced a monthly contribution option called Pateron. This service allows you to pledge a monthly contribution plus allows me to offer you some rewards for your contribution. If you have any questions you may PM me. If you'd like to make that contribution please click on the image below:      
    • CMiller

NEWS: Discord Server & Clubs (aka Groups) are back!   08/19/17

Hello everyone I'm back with a couple big updates! Firstly we now have a Discord server, this is a real-time chat messaging client you can run on your phone, desktop, or anywhere. It's a pretty powerful desktop application that enables people to chat together, and with multiple channels you can find people interested in what you're interested in. If you don't already have a Discord account it's pretty easy to get one, just click the following invite link to get started: https://discord.gg/U93PYnB Secondly I'm proud to announce the return of Groups, it's been renamed to Clubs and is now available here: https://muscle-growth.org/clubs/. This system is entirely user generated and allows users to create groups of their own based on any subject they want. Go ahead and try it now, visit the link above to get started if you want to create or join a group!   As always thank you to all of our donators and Patreon contributors who keep the forums going! 
MuscleNexusTF

Using clothes as motivation

So everyone is aware of using clothes as motivation in some form. Usually with women wanting to fit into a dress/pair of pants etc. 

Well what do you think of flipping that around for muscle growth?

I'm looking at getting this: https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/mens-under-armour-alter-ego-compression-shirt/pid1246520-410

It really only looks good with muscles, so it would be something to see in your closet, while you wait for the day when you can finally wear it to the gym or whatever without feeling out of place. Choosing a size is a tough one though.. What do you think? Good motivation or waste of money? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So everyone is aware of using clothes as motivation in some form. Usually with women wanting to fit into a dress/pair of pants etc. 

I'm looking at getting this: https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/mens-under-armour-alter-ego-compression-shirt/pid1246520-410

It really only looks good with muscles, so it would be something to see in your closet, while you wait for the day when you can finally wear it to the gym or whatever without feeling out of place. Choosing a size is a tough one though.. What do you think? Good motivation or waste of money? 

Not a waste of money for me,  I wear these to work out for a variety of reasons.

1. Underarmour shirts really show off all of the hard work

2.  They force you to keep your abs and your body fat percentage in check, because they show off the hard work they also show off flaws as well

3.  They are well made and they wick away the sweat

4.  Check out the outlet because at retail price they are a bit overpriced.

5.  People will really notice your progress or lack of it--great motivator

• Upvote 2

Not a waste of money for me,  I wear these to work out for a variety of reasons.

1. Underarmour shirts really show off all of the hard work

2.  They force you to keep your abs and your body fat percentage in check, because they show off the hard work they also show off flaws as well

3.  They are well made and they wick away the sweat

4.  Check out the outlet because at retail price they are a bit overpriced.

5.  People will really notice your progress or lack of it--great motivator

Cool, I went ahead and got one. I got a large, so there's a lot of filling out to be done before it fits well. I'm going to take progress pics in it periodically to watch it fill out... Kind of vain, but hey, it'll work for motivation without a doubt :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have an outlet store near me. Might have to check that out. But blowingupmassive is correct. Muscles r important but so is a good set of abs. Must keep bf% low to wear that shirt.

• Like 1

A reviewer of the superman shirt made the following comment:

"The Walk-Away: If you are NOT one of the UA models and you want to wear an Alter Ego Compression shirt, AND ordinarily wear an L/XL, get it three sizes too large to fit comfortably. It's a great shirt, it washes incredibly well with Woolite, and they are a steal for their use and design (especially if you are a geek like me!)"

A reviewer of the superman shirt made the following comment:

"The Walk-Away: If you are NOT one of the UA models and you want to wear an Alter Ego Compression shirt, AND ordinarily wear an L/XL, get it three sizes too large to fit comfortably. It's a great shirt, it washes incredibly well with Woolite, and they are a steal for their use and design (especially if you are a geek like me!)"

By their size chart I should be getting a small at the moment. I got the large as it's good up to a 44 inch chest (a decent goal to have). The whole point of compression isn't necessarily to be comfortable, although I sometimes wear compression shorts for actual athletic performance AND comfort. But as mentioned, at their proper size your body has to be rockin, or else you look awful. Hence good motivation! :)

• Like 1

I have a navy underarmour with white netting design on the shoulders.

I look massive in it.

But I do only wear it when I'm running a lower BF%

There is something about the tightness that really makes you aware

of your body.

I'd love to get that superman shirt but I'm afraid its not age appropriate for me.

Could I pull it off? Probably, but I'm concerned that at 51 years old

I'd look like a tool.

• Like 1

I have a navy underarmour with white netting design on the shoulders.

I look massive in it.

But I do only wear it when I'm running a lower BF%

The is something about the tightness that really makes you aware

of your body.

I'd love to get that superman shirt but I'm afraid its not age appropriate for me.

Could I pull it off? Probably, but I'm concerned that at 51 years old

I'd look like a tool.

You wouldn't look like a tool. I see guys wearing them in the gym of all ages. If you've got the body you might as well show it off

• Upvote 1