Can't wait for the "little buddy" to come out of the machine as a muscle God...

I had planned this short story to have no written continuation. I leave that to the readers' lively imagination. It was also fun to write from the perspective of the big guy. Generally, the thin guys are my protagonists, but when I had invented Brad, it felt right to let him be the narrator.

Hey Hialmar

That was fun but don't leave us in suspense too long

D

My cold cause insomnia, and when I take a look at the computer in this insanely late hour, you really suggest that I should write a continuation of a finished short story?

I am very flattered, but aren't Brad and his boyfriend best forever left in this state where the feverish imagination of each of us can make them justice better than any words can do? 

Hey Hialmar

That was fun but don't leave us in suspense too long

D

I probably could add, that my multi-chapter story Project Defender takes place in either the same or a similar literary universe as My little buddy. The pirate copy Brad bought from Tvrtko is an illegal, simplified copy of the technology developed by European scientists during the space alien invasion in the 2020's, but unlike Brad and his BF, the marines in space are infected with nanites, genetically modified and mind-controlled, so the two stories explores different themes despite similar tech.

On the suggestion of muscledrain, I also work on a story about magic in a high rise suburb, and that story will be divided in at least two chapters, maybe three. There will be Advent wreaths, May Eve bonfires, a folk magician hippie lady, Syriac families, teenage angst, skinheads, and an easter egg for those of my readers who appreciate comics (or 'graphic novels' as the polite term is nowadays).

I have plans for other stories as well, but they are more far away in the pipeline. Writing takes time, and my potential proof readers haven't got the time they need to proofread what I write, so there may be several linguistic mistakes here.

I am considering one upcoming story about vikings, or, rather, Dark Ages norsemen in a semi-mythological world observed through the eyes of a semi-civilised Saxon merchant from Wessex: One piece Beowulf here, one piece Skjoldunga saga there, spiced with Saxo Grammaticus and Wulfstan of Hedeby (although the last piece of the puzzle is cheating: Wulfstan didn't visit Scandinavia until the 9th century, and the story takes place about 200 or 300 years earlier if a mythological setting may be dated at all). The story will also be mean against the TV serial Vikings.

I am also considering a parody of H.P. Lovecraft and a parody of C.S. Lewis, but whatever I will write in the future, I will try to end the space marine cycle and the magic-among-the-concrete-buildings cycle first.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

This story -- which is the third I wrote -- must have the most endearing characters I have ever written about. I give it a bump, for the sake of newcomers who weren't around three years ago.

My English might have been worse back then, but I didn't spot any too hideous mistakes, when I re-read it tonight.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I wrote this one several years ago. Newer members probably haven't got an opportunity to read it, so I'll give it a bump. It's probably the sweetest of my stories.

It takes place in the same literary universe as Descent into growth and the sadly unfinished Project Defender. I left the latter one at a point where the villain had turned into something ugly, but I haven't been able to continue it yet.

• Like 1