Andrew's Recruiting Summer Chapter 2: Revelations

sl97aq

This story is Chapter 2 of Andrew Meets JP in Washington DC. It will be made up of the last part of JP Episode 20 and the first part of JP Episode 21. Before I had written Chapter 1 a couple of months ago, I secured his permission to use JP in my story: https://muscle-growth.org/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showCoversation&topicID=23174

Remember, the JP Episodes are told from Matt's point of view and my story is told from Andrew and JP's point of view. Since copy and paste STILL won't work for me in this forum, this will be a chapter in progress.

As before, the JP STORY sections will be separated from mine by a line of equal signs: ===============================================

ANDREW'S RECRUITING SUMMER CHAPTER 2: REVELATIONS

After briefly washing up in the bathroom, we headed downstairs and into the kitchen. There, my mom greeted us like she always did when JP slept over - with a glowing smile and a huge serving of breakfast.

"Good morning, boys," she gleamed, rubbing JP's extremely short hair with her hand. "It's nice to see your hair beginning to grow back in. I practically died when you shaved it." JP bit his lip, avoiding my mom's smile. He had become like a second son to her, which only subjected him to her torturous criticisms. "Promise me never to cut that beautiful head of hair God gave you."

My boyfriend laughed. "I promise, Mrs. Andersson."

"I hope scrambled eggs are fine with you," she commented. We gestured that they were great, having already dove into our plates. I had never felt hungrier in my life. "I made a lot. I'm sure you two are starving from all that excitement last night."

I almost choked on my food when she said that. JP looked over at me, grinning wildly. Luckily, my mom's back was to us, so she didn't pick up on it. I knew she was talking about the fireworks, but little did she know what else she could've been talking about.

Once we had finished eating and cleared the table, JP and I sat back down. My mom, about to start washing the dishes, looked over at us.

"What's up?" she asked, noticing that we didn't run off like we usually did.

"There's, uh, something I want to talk to you about, Mom," I started nervously.

My mom put down the dish towel and placidly - to my surprise - walked around the counter and slowly sat down across from JP and me.

"What is it?" she questioned expectantly.

She was being rather calm about all this, which only made me more nervous. My heart was pounding in my chest; my head was spinning frantically. What was I doing? I thought to myself. Am I really ready for this? JP, seemingly sensing my insecurity, moved his leg so that his knee touched mine, letting me know that he was next to me.

"Mom," I stuttered, "I, um, I'm, uh..." I side-glanced over at JP. He was looking at me encouragingly. Finally, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and just let it out. "We're gay."

====================================================================================================================

Meanwhile, to the east, in the Comfort Inn Pentagon City, Andrew and Carrie woke up in their king-sized bed and smiled at each other.

"Hey baby," Andrew crooned, hugging Carrie gently in his massive arms. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept just fine Big Man, thanks to your massive muscles keeping me warm all night," Carrie replied with a sexy smile. She looked up at Andrew's massive shoulders and chest, sighing in satisfaction. "Last night was great: meeting JP and his friends Matt and Chrissy. "Do you think JP and Matt will be able to secure their parent's permission to come on the Ohio State recruiting visit with us?"

"Since they both want to go to that school, the answer will be yes Carrie," Andrew reminded her, stepping out of bed with his girlfriend in his arms. "Of course, meeting their parents for supper tonight will go a long way."

"Yeah, if their parents admire you even half as much as JP does, they'll have no problem trusting you with their sons' safety," Carrie assured him, smiling as Andrew gently carried her(pardon the pun) into the bathroom.

And a whole lot more, Andrew thought to himself, as he turned on the shower. He had no idea what was going on at Matt's house that morning, but he would soon find out.

=====================================================================================================================

FROM JP EPISODE 21: THE SMILE (July 5th, 2005):

Have you ever had that time in your life when you were knowingly heading into the unknown, that place of uncertainty so terrifying that you were unsure of how it was going to turn out? It consumed every part of you, every thought, every feeling, that you were almost paralyzed, but you somehow ventured there nonetheless. That was how I felt about coming out to my mom that early July morning.

Mind you, it wasn't like I didn't want to tell here the truth - I did - but it was really the fear of what she would say or do when I finally told her. Her father had been a strict Lutheran minister back in Minnesota, so I knew first-hand how conservative our family was. I mean, my grandfather had nearly flipped out when my mom had gotten engaged to my dad, a Catholic. What would she say about this? Would she accept my homosexuality and my love for JP? Would she be able to understand that I couldn't possibly imagine being with anyone else but him? Would this change her view of him as a person?

That's why when I uttered those two small words that morning, my whole world came to a sudden and staggering halt, waiting for the response that would surely change my life. There was no way I could take back what I said - it was already out there.

My mom looked at me calmly for a long agonizing moment. It was probably only a few seconds, but it seemed like an eternity. In her eyes, I swore I saw the look of pain a mother feels when her child disappoints her and my mind raced.

Shit, I thought to myself, this is it. I braced myself for what was to come next. Every nightmare passed through my head - I was never going to be allowed to see JP again; I was going to be sent to some kind of boarding school or something. This was not going to be pretty.

But then, something happened that I could never have predicted. She smiled.

I let my mouth slip open in utter shock. What did this mean? None of my fears had ever included this reaction from her, which only made me more horrified. I glanced over at JP, who I could tell was doing his best to stay as stoic as usual, probably for my sake.

"I was wondering when you were finally going to tell me," my mom said gently.

"What?" I responded, more instinctively than consciously. She smiled again and looked at me with the most caring eyes I'm sure she could manage. I knew this was as hard for her as it was for me. "I've known for a long time," she continued. "I've known ever since that first night you brought JP home for dinner that you two were in love."

"You have?" I asked, dazed by her revelation.

My mom nodded. "It was the way you two looked at each other." I didn't notice JP suddenly flinch, and I had no way of knowing that he was suddenly remembering that Andrew also knew their secret, by the same set of signs. Then, my mom briefly looked away, as if embarrassed. "But it was only confirmed when I walked in on the two of you one morning-" she nervously cleared her throat "- cuddling in your bed."

JP shifted uneasily in his seat. Oh fuck! I shut my eyes in humiliation. An extremely awkward pause followed, as I frantically tried to think of what to say next.

"So...you're ok with it?" I finally asked hopefully.

"No," she answered flatly, but with a tinge of regret in her voice. I felt my heart collapse. But then she raised her eyes to mine: the most sincere eyes I had ever seen coming from her. "But..." she started, "I don't know how to say this."

Pressing her fingers against her forehead, she let out a sigh. There was nothing I could think of to help her, half expecting her to burst into tears out of disappointment in me. Instead, she looked up at JP with her strong eyes. His eyes however, were almost panicky, unsure of how to take in what he was seeing and hearing.

"JP," she tried again, "you are the nicest, most mature and most caring young man I have ever had the privilege to meet. I can completely see why my son has fallen in love with you." She paused, slowly turning towards me. "And that's why I have no choice but to accept this."

Oh my God, I thought to myself. She couldn't possibly be saying what I thought she was saying. I looked at her questioningly.

"Matthew," she went on, "when you were born, your father and I had the greatest of expectations for you. We wanted you to grow up to be strong, healthy, successful and, most of all, happy. We both promised to try our hardest to raise you the best we could."

Oh shit, here it comes, I thought. This is the part where she starts blaming herself. I closed my eyes again, not wanting to witness my mom falling apart.

"Meeting JP was the best thing that has ever happened to you," she said softly.

Huh? My eyes immediately darted back to her with surprise and relief.

"You have become stronger and happier since you met him," she continued, "and that is the best thing that your dad and I could ever have hoped for. I don't necessarily agree with or understand your being gay, but I recognize the love you boys have for each other. And I do know that the worst thing I could ever do to you, Matthew, is to tear you apart from him and make you unhappy."

My mouth dropped open and I felt like I was about to cry. I had never for a moment believed that my mom would have this reaction to me and JP coming out to her. I couldn't possibly have asked for better; I didn't know what to say.

She leaned forward and lowered her voice to a near-whisper. "And I promise you that I will try my hardest to accept this," she said, a sudden waver entering her tone which up until then had been steady. "I love you, no matter what - you know that." A tear escaped her eye and began rolling down her cheek. She immediately raised a hand up to her face in a vain attempt to hide it.

I also fought back a storm of tears that were welling up in my eyes. I opened my mouth to speak, but the lump in my throat kept any sound from getting out; my lower lip just quivered uncontrollably.

"Thank you Mrs. Andersson," I heard JP say softly, knowing that I was temporarily frozen with emotion. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my boyfriend turn his head towards me, a deep look of concern on his face. Damn, I loved him so much! He was so good to me!

"You're welcome JP," my mom responded, smiling slightly at him. She looked back at me, still silent, and reached out here hand to my arm. Her touch was warm and almost comforting.

"Thanks," I croaked, barely able to get that one word out of my throat. I kept looking down at the table, avoiding my mom's eyes, afraid that I would lose it if I looked at her.

"Well," she sighed, standing up, "why don't you two go upstairs and get dressed and I'll finish the dishes here."

Knowing that I desperately needed time to think, it was the only thing she could have suggested at the moment. JP helped me out of my chair and guided me upstairs to my bedroom.

=====================================================================================================================

Meanwhile, in their hotel, Andrew, Mike and Carrie had gotten dressed and gone down to the hotel dining room for breakfast.

Andrew was pretty quiet as they ate breakfast: feeling uncomfortable with the secret knowledge he had about JP and Matt's relationship.

"You look worried Andrew; what's bothering you?" Carrie asked him as they began eating, noticing the concerned look on his face.

"I'd rather not discuss it right now Carrie; let's wait until we're alone," Andrew informed her. "It's a very delicate subject in this country, unlike ours, and that is the only hint I'm going to give you."

Carrie furrowed her brow in confusion and then she suddenly remembered seeing Matt gazing longingly at JP the night before at the National Mall. A sudden look of understanding came over her face and she looked up at Andrew to see if her hunch was right. A slight nod of confirmation from him was Carrie's proof that she was right, and she suddenly felt butterflies in her stomach as she imagined what was going on between Matt and JP at that moment.

Once my door was closed behind us, I burst into tears. JP immediately took me in his arms, offering me his shoulder to bury my face into. It felt so good to just let loose right there with my boyfriend protecting me. I couldn't have asked for anything more from him.

"It's alright," he comforted me, rubbing my back with his strong hands. "Just let it out."

I had the feeling that he was almost as overwhelmed as I was, but we both knew that he needed to stay strong for my sake.. and it was working. My quiet sobs began to subside and I looked up into JP's eyes, my face still wet from crying.

"I am in such awe of you," he whispered to me, taking my head in his hands. "I can only imagine how much courage that took."

"It's because of you," I sniffed, my voice cracking like mad.

JP shook his head and grinned. "Matt, you did most of that yourself; we both know that," he assured me.

"No," I said, shaking my head and sitting down on my bed, "my mom only reacted that way because she loves you like a second son." JP sighed as he sat down next to me but he didn't interrupt. "She thinks you're amazing. She wouldn't have said those things if you hadn't been there." I was almost to the point of tears again. "What I'm trying to say is... you're too perfect. I don't deserve you."

JP bit his lip and kneeled down in front of me. "Matt, listen to me," he said firmly. "She said those things because she thinks that you are amazing."

"JP," I groaned with frustration, rolling my head away from him. Surely he was just saying that to make me feel better.

"No Matt, wait," he protested, directing my attention back down to his eyes again. "Your mom said it herself - she loves you, no matter what. Even if I wasn't here, she would still feel the same way."

I looked at my boyfriend like I didn't believe him..,. and I didn't. I also remembered how my mom had mentioned how much happier and stronger I had become since meeting JP. Surely JP, with his near-genius mind, had not forgotten that part of the conversation!

"Come on: look," he said, pulling me up and bringing me in front of the bedroom mirror. "Look in the mirror," he instructed me. "What do you see?"

"Me, standing next to the most perfect body in the world," I answered stubbornly.

JP rolled his eyes and sighed with exasperation. "Will you stop looking at me for once and look at yourself for a minute?" he asked impatiently. He put his hands on my shoulders and stood behind me. God, I looked like crap; my eyes were all puffy from crying. "You have a killer body, you're gorgeous and you have the most stunning eyes anyone could ask for."

I blinked as his words penetrated my stubbornness and looked into the mirror more clearly this time. In a way, he was right. The reflection I saw staring back at me was one that I could only have dreamed of a year ago. I was in the best shape of my life: my muscles were well-defined and I looked like a top athlete. I may not have been the Adonis that my boyfriend was, but I still looked pretty good.

JP wrapped his arms around my chest and placed his chin on my shoulder. "But best of all, you're a strong person on the inside as well," he assured me. "You have a huge heart and you are so caring to those around you. But that's something you've always had." His voice was almost down to a whisper now. "Why else do you think I fell in love with you?"

Now I understood what he was trying to tell me. While my mom struggled with my homosexuality, she still loved me for who I was and always would. But there was something else: most importantly, she recognized my love for my boyfriend as one that was real. She was willing to put aside her own prejudices for our sake, knowing that we would be happier if she did. In a way, it was truly brave and mature of her, and I loved her even more for it. Somehow that morning, I was closer to my mom than I had been in a long time, and definitely since before the divorce.

===============================================================================================================================

Meanwhile, Andrew and his friends had finished breakfast and were in their hotel room packing for the afternoon with JP and Matt at Burke Lake Park.

"How exactly do we get to Burke Lake Park Andrew?" Carrie asked him. "Is it on the Washington area map?"

"No it isn't Carrie, but let's check Windows Live Maps and see if we can find it," Andrew replied, stepping over to his laptop on the desk. As he sat down, he noticed Mike come out of his bedroom with the two backpacks. "Go downstairs and put the two bags in the car Mike; Carrie and I will be down with the map in a few minutes," he said, tossing his car keys to his big friend.

"Are you trying to get me out of the way so that you can discuss something private with Carrie?" Mike guessed.

"How did you figure that out Mike?" Andrew asked in astonishment, turning to face him.

"I saw the looks you and Carrie were exchanging during breakfast," Mike replied. "You seem to forget that I'm just as smart as you are."

"Probably even smarter, since I didn't think that you noticed Carrie and I exchanging our secret looks of understanding," Andrew said, looking nervous suddenly. But then he grinned and added, "But if you're half as smart as you think you are Mike, you'll know not to bring up the subject again until I'm ready to discuss it with you." He flexed his massive bicep to emphasize his last statement (pardon the pun), and glared at his big friend. "We both know what will happen if you make me mad Mike; we found out last football season when all those opposing players left the field on stretchers!"

"Yeah Andrew, I remember," Mike assured him, looking scared for a split second before he regained his composure. "You're the only football player on the team who has a black belt in several martial arts and knows Infantry unarmed combat skills as well!"

"Yeah man, if I wasn't in the Infantry Reserves, I'd probably have to register my hands and feet as lethal weapons," Andrew realized soberly. "I never realized until now just how many ways I could kill someone: with just a hand or a foot or even a strategically-placed finger."

"Yes, as Kirk once famously said about Spock: 'Aroused, your great physical strength could kill,'" Mike suddenly realized, his look of fear returning.

"Then don't make me mad Big Man; get downstairs now," Andrew growled without even a hint of a smile. When Mike just stared at him in fear, Andrew added, "I've got another quote for you, this time from Police Academy: 'Now Mister! Move it, move it, move it!"

"Sure thing man; I'm gone," Mike stammered, heading quickly for the door. "See you downstairs Andrew," he added, as he stepped into the hallway.

"Not if I see you first Mike," Andrew corrected him, grinning to let his big friend know that he wasn't really mad. Mike grinned as he walked down the hall and out of sight. Andrew turned to look at Carrie, who wasn't able to erase the look of terror from her face in time to keep Andrew from seeing it. "Hey Baby, don't worry, I was just kidding around: acting tough so that Mike doesn't forget that I'm the boss around here," Andrew assured her. "After all, he's just as big and strong as I am, and he may even exceed me in size and strength one day, considering how big his brother is!"

"You may have been kidding around about being angry, but I've been to all your martial arts classes over the years," Carrie reminded him. "So I know all too well how lethal you could be in a fight, especially since you're so big and strong!"

"Yeah Carrie, but I only use a tiny fraction of my great strength on you," Andrew assured her, lifting her up gently until she could look into his eyes. He adjusted his grip on her waist slightly and then lifted one massive hand to her face, stroking it softly with a feather light touch. As Carrie's eyes closed in bliss, Andrew grinned and leaned closer. "See Carrie, you have nothing to be scared of," he whispered in her ear. "I'd never hurt you with my great strength; it's a lot more fun to pleasure you with my gentle touch."

"And perhaps one day when we get engaged, we could go all the way," Carrie whispered back, opening her eyes. Andrew hesitated and Carrie added, "I know you're really scared that you'd hurt me by accident if you got too excited during sex Andrew, but remember that I'm just as nervous as you are: just for a different reason."

"Yeah Carrie; it will be the first time for both of us," Andrew realized, setting her down on her feet gently. "That means that our virginity will be the greatest gift we can give each other."

"Maybe an early Christmas Present before we go off to college next fall?" Carrie asked hopefully.

"Maybe Carrie, but first, I can now share with you my realization from last night," Andrew said, closing the door to the hallway.

"Matt and JP are dating just like we are," Carrie said, saving him the trouble. "There's nothing wrong with that Andrew."

"Not in our country no; since we've had gay marriage legalized for two years now," Andrew agreed. "But here in America, it's still not legal and they still have Don't Ask Don't Tell in the military."

"Then we won't tell anyone what we've figured out unless JP and Matt decide to discuss it with us," Carrie decided.

"I'm glad we agree Carrie," Andrew said, breathing a sigh of relief. He reached out his hand and Carrie took hold of it. He squeezed her fingers gently and opened the hall door. "Now, let's go downstairs and meet Mike at my car. Then we can figure out what to do for the rest of the morning before we meet JP and Matt at Burke Lake Park at 1 pm."

Carrie smiled in anticipation as Andrew locked the hotel room door. Then they went downstairs, looking forward to having a fun day with their new friends.

***************************************** This is a good place to end Chapter 2; Chapter 3 will start with a bit more of JP Episode 21 : the only part left that takes place in early July 2005. The rest of Chapter 3 will start filling in the six week gap that exists in that JP Chapter before the JP and Nick Stories join up in mid-August 2005. It was just an amazing coincidence that Andrew met JP in the same Chapter (JP Episode 18) where we first hear about JP's future protégé Nick Agelakis.

And now, I can remove the (IN PROGRESS) from the title of this Chapter, which will simply be called: REVELATIONS.

Coming soon:

-Andrew and JP share their revelations with each other.

-Andrew and his friends meet Matt's Mom and JP's parents

I hope you enjoy this chapter, and the next chapter will be the first one I write where I have no existing JP Episode to draw from. So I will be extrapolating the JP character the best I can; fortunately, I have the author's permission to do so, as you can see from the link at the beginning of this chapter.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...