Hey guys, here's another long one. Hope you enjoy! Kinda sad as there aren't many chapters left to post.

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapters Three and Four

Chapter Five

Chapter Six

Chapters Seven and Eight

Chapter Nine

Chapter Ten

Hard Mountain - Chapter Eleven:

Night was beginning to set in as I trekked higher up the mountain, the wind grew colder against my bare skin and I would occasionally shiver. After leaving the cave, the path had gotten very treacherous with collapsed ground I had to jump over. If I had missed by an inch, I would have plunged to my death. At one point the only way to pass was to press up against the face of the mountain and carefully sidestep along the tiniest path that I had just fit my heels on.

My body was exhausted, aching and bloody; my feet were bleeding and my back had been cut up from shimmying against the mountain. Out of fatigue I had tripped and my hands and knees were bleeding too, but I soldiered on, refusing to quit. I had come so far and the peak was getting so much closer.

Soon the path had run out when I was a few hundred feet away from the summit and the only way up was a near vertical wall. Small rocks bulged out the sides and it looked climbable. I reached up and began to climb, trying to ignore the pain from my hands and feet and the shivers from my frozen body.

About halfway up, the stones were getting wider apart so I had to really reach out to get a good hold. There was one rock that I’d really stretched to get a hold onto when my foot slipped. I swore loudly as only my tired arms held onto the rock, feet dangling in the air. I tried to get them to latch onto a stone but they only touched smooth rock. I looked down and almost cried, all the rocks I’d been climbing on were gone, replaced with smooth mountainside.

I was beginning to panic; I looked up and saw there was a stone only two feet above me. I tried to pull myself up but my arms wouldn’t obey me. They were exhausted, begging for mercy and throbbing with pain and my fingers were beginning to join them. If I didn’t do something fast then I wasn’t going to be able to hold on much longer and I would plunge to my death. I tried to pull myself up again but it was no use, my body just couldn’t take any more punishment.

“I can’t do it,” I said aloud, choking back a sob. “I’m too weak. I’m too weak and I’m gonna die.”

This was it for me, I knew it; I was willing to give up now. I started to think about Jack and Danny, wondering if they would feel guilty if I died on this task they had given me. Then I started to think about my Dad, how I would soon be joining him in whatever afterlife there was; would he be proud of me or angry that I had spent the last thirteen years hating him and his memory. For the first time in years I allowed myself to think of him, how even when he was sick and bedridden he would still put on a smile and play with my sister and me, even force himself to get out of bed to go with us to the movies.

I finally realised that even at his worst, even when the chemo and cancer and drugs were really taking their toll on him, he would still do his best to be strong for us. I looked up at the mountain above me with determination; I had to be strong now and I had to keep going, I couldn’t let myself give up. I readjusted my grip and pulled myself upward with every last ounce of my strength, grunting in pain as my shoulders and biceps protested. I flung a hand up and grabbed a rock above me, repeating until my feet had something to stand on. I climbed up with a ferocity I had never felt in myself before until, at last, I was pulling myself onto the top of Hard Mountain.

I lay on my front gasping for air, my body finally giving out. I had done it; I had climbed right to the very top. Getting back down didn’t matter at that point. I had conquered the mountain with nothing but my bare hands.

“You did it. You made it.”

I looked up at Jack’s voice and saw he and Danny were walking over to me, stark naked, picking me up and putting my arms around their shoulders. They carried me towards a small pool of water no bigger than a hot tub and lowered me in. The water was warm and about chest high and I leaned against the edge.

“I’m so tired,” I mumbled, exhausted.

“I know,” said Danny. “It’ll be over soon and we can go home. Whatever happens, don’t leave the pool.”

I nodded, too tired to ask what he meant but the wind began to swirl around us. The clouds in the dark sky began to cluster above us, flashes of light coming from deep in the darkness and the soft sounds of thunder echoing from above. A bolt of lightning struck the ground in front of me and I covered my eyes to shield them from the blinding light. When I opened them again, the opaque figure of my father stood before me.

He looked just as I remembered him before the cancer, wearing his trademark tight t-shirt and tattered jeans. His muscles were just as they had been, big and broad but he was by no means huge like Jack, just a little smaller than Danny. He walked to the edge of the pool and crouched down.

“Dad?” I asked, softly. “Is it really you?”

“Shh,” said Dad, smiling. “It’s really me, Sammy.”

I smiled back, blinking tears from my eyes. He looked so young, so healthy and happy.

“How’s is this possible?” I asked.

“This place… I’ve been sent to speak to you by a…. greater power,” said Dad. “I’ve watched you. Not just today but since I… since I passed. I’m so proud of you, son. I’m so proud.”

“Daddy,” I said, my voice breaking. “I’m sorry I never saw you in the hospital. I’m sorry I never got to say goodbye to you. I’m sorry for everything.”

“Shh… it’s okay,” said Dad gently. “I know. That was one of the tests you did today and you passed.”

“Tests?” I asked, confused.

“Yes, Sammy,” said Dad. “I know that you have heard the story of Hard Mountain, how men coming of age would climb the mountain to prove their manhood, to become noble and powerful warriors. The mountain is a series of tests designed to show your worth.

“First is the test of survival, climbing the mountain alone with nothing but your own skin. The second is the test of courage, being able to face danger even under the fear of death. Everyone stops at that creek, at which point the bear comes to see if you would let fear overcome you. If you stare it down, knowing that the enemy is greater than you are, you pass and all the bear takes is what belongings you brought that wouldn’t be allowed on the mountain. Third is the test of conscience, to prove whether you would let your past mistakes, your pain and regret, overcome you. I’m sorry you had to relive those memories but it was to see, after being forced to confront your repressed feelings, if you would allow them to consume you or accept them and move on. And finally is the test of strength, where the last part of the journey up the mountain involved climbing up the mountainside. It presented the challenge wherein your life was in total danger and, despite fatigue and pain, you could either force your body to keep going or give up and die. You did it all, Sammy. You passed the tests.”

“Great…” I said. “So, now what?”

“When a person conquers Hard Mountain, they speak with their ancestors to learn how they can be a strong warrior and pass on the family line,” said Dad. “The warrior then receives the power of his ancestors to become that great warrior.”

“But Dad, we’re not warriors,” I said. “You were a fireman, grandpa was a newspaper salesman.”

“Well… times change,” chuckled Dad. “Son, I just want you to be happy and healthy. You’ve become a man in your own right and I have no clue what to pass onto you. You have a lot of love in your life…”

I looked over at Jack and Danny who were sitting nearby, watching me patiently. I blushed and looked back at my Dad.

“I’m happy for you, Sammy,” said Dad. “And I just want you to be happy, no matter who you love. What can I give you now that I’m gone?”

“Dad when I was kid, when you were alive, all I wanted to be was big and strong like you,” I said. “Even in the face of death you always had a smile on your face. Even when you were getting weaker and sicker, you never gave in until you couldn’t fight anymore. I see that now. I could have been strong like you but I chose not to. And because I was so childish, after you died I stayed weak and lazy. I want to be strong like you, like Danny and Jack. I don’t want to be weak ever again, in mind or in body. I want to be the one to carry the burdens of others, not be carried anymore. I’ve been attracted to guys with muscle because I guess I wanted to replace you in some way. Maybe now I can be like you, and when I look at myself looking bigger I’ll remember how much you meant to me.”

My Dad smiled, tears in his eyes. His ghostly hand touched my face and it felt warm, loving.

“My Sammy, I’ll always be proud of you,” he said. “If ever you feel lost or need guidance, come back to the mountain, I’ll be waiting for you. But until then, just be the person you want to be. Jack and Danny, I know that they feel very strongly about you. You will always find happiness with them. You were always meant to find happiness with them. I will be watching you. Goodbye Sammy.”

“Goodbye Dad,” I said.

I’d finally been able to say it and I was comforted in that fact as Dad faded away. The clouds above swirled and the thunder grew louder. I looked up, watching the storm brew within the dark sky. A bolt of lightning struck the water and I felt my body seize and shake. Power was flowing from the water directly into my body. Electricity rippled throughout my body, through every bone, muscle fibre and vein.

The lightning faded, the sky cleared and I felt aware of my body for the first time in my life. I got out of the pool as Jack and Danny ran to me. They wrapped me into a tight hug, sandwiching me between their muscular bodies. The feeling of their rock hard muscles crushing me felt good, my cock growing rock hard.

“Guys, guys, guys,” I said muffled, as my face was pressed into Jack’s pecs. “I can’t breathe.”

They released me and I could finally breathe. I looked down at my body and it was different, my shoulders were wider, my muscles were fuller with noticeable bumps all over me. I wasn’t massive, not a mountain like Jack or Danny, but where once was flatness was now the beginnings of hard molehills. My cuts and bruises were gone, the hair on my body was gone and my skin was completely clear and smooth and there was a little less fat on my body.

“I don’t understand,” I said, confused. I grasped my throat, my voice felt a little deeper than normal. “I thought I would be bigger?”

Jack smiled, stroking my arms. “Remember what I said yesterday about feeling the rewards of getting bigger, stronger? The mountain gives you the building blocks, it’s up to you to become the warrior.”

I nodded and Danny hugged me from behind.

“You have changed a lot though,” said Danny, reaching down to my cock. “This is definitely bigger.”

I looked down and gasped as Danny’s touch made my cock swell to full hardness in seconds. My cock was no longer average in size and girth but a monster jutting from my legs. It had to be at least at least ten and half inches long, as thick as a can of red bull and hanging below were a pair of big, orange-sized balls churning happily away.

“This has changed too,” said Jack, cupping my face.

He let go and led me to the pool so I could look at my moonlit reflection. My face was different. It looked a lot like it normally did, but there was more of my father in my face now, more masculinity. A stronger jawline, a straighter nose, thicker cheekbones and thinner cheeks; I could see myself there in the water but it was unfamiliar, though I wasn’t complaining. I looked sexy and I felt sexy for the first time in my life.

--

Chapter Twelve: With the mountain conquered, a new journey begins...

I was hoping that the last few chapters would lead to some sort of gratifying resolution, and you didn't disappoint. I was internally going d'aww in my head seeing father and son reconciling. To be brutally honest though, the growth aspect in this chapter seemed anticlimatic, but I'm hoping that you are just planning something for later, or maybe I'm just a bit too enthusiastic about growth. Last thing, I like how you made this an actual story instead of just a one shot (not that those are bad, I love them too) but it was nice to read. Thanks, and great job!

I was hoping that the last few chapters would lead to some sort of gratifying resolution, and you didn't disappoint. I was internally going d'aww in my head seeing father and son reconciling. To be brutally honest though, the growth aspect in this chapter seemed anticlimatic, but I'm hoping that you are just planning something for later, or maybe I'm just a bit too enthusiastic about growth. Last thing, I like how you made this an actual story instead of just a one shot (not that those are bad, I love them too) but it was nice to read. Thanks, and great job!

I said in the start it wasn't gonna be much of a muscle growth story. Still a few chapters to go though...

I'm a bit conflicted. On one hand I'm relieved Sam got through all that alive, on the other I want to punch Jack and Danny for making Sam go through all that :/

I said in the start it wasn't gonna be much of a muscle growth story. Still a few chapters to go though...

Oh, yeah, derp. Sorry, I forgot! Now I feel a bit awkward... Truth be told, I only wrote that because I was worried that I sounded like a crazed fanboy with my high ratio of praise to critisisms. The only reason I tacked that comment on was in hopes that I sounded a little more objective. Yeesh, I'll never understand how people write long stories; I seem to struggle with just writing comments, heh.

Oh, yeah, derp. Sorry, I forgot! Now I feel a bit awkward... Truth be told, I only wrote that because I was worried that I sounded like a crazed fanboy with my high ratio of praise to critisisms. The only reason I tacked that comment on was in hopes that I sounded a little more objective. Yeesh, I'll never understand how people write long stories; I seem to struggle with just writing comments, heh.

Don't feel awkward, I derp all the time! Usually vocal derps like saying orgasm instead of organism...

ChrisCHJ are thee still amongst us? I grow concerned. Hope all is well.

I'm still here. I had some personal things I had to to really focus on last week but the rest of the story will be out this week

I'm still here. I had some personal things I had to to really focus on last week but the rest of the story will be out this week

I'd like a week where I get to be John Doe; where no one wants or needs and I can take a break but alas that would be cheating would it not?