CMiller

news [UPDATED] Certain sections of the forum can now be viewed by all

I'd have to echo what Atlas said and reiterate: the issue isn't that you're making things public; it's that you're changing the policy on postings retroactively.

You're effectively clarifying to current members that what they post here is ultimately controlled by you.

I'm not implying that you have malicious motives or anything. But that is the truth. Anyone posting here should be aware of that (same as anywhere else on the internet).

I'd have to echo what Atlas said and reiterate: the issue isn't that you're making things public; it's that you're changing the policy on postings retroactively.

You're effectively clarifying to current members that what they post here is ultimately controlled by you.

I'm not implying that you have malicious motives or anything. But that is the truth. Anyone posting here should be aware of that (same as anywhere else on the internet).

Considering the fact that this reincarnation of the forum is ONLY ONE YEAR OLD... If THIS can be considered the worst "mistake" we have made so far, then I think we have done a pretty good job since we're all pretty new at this. You have to give our Head Admin a LOT of credit though, because he has implemented a TON of awesome features that the OLD forum NEVER had.

Some of you have NO IDEA how much time and work is involved in running this forum and fixing the issues which come up EVERY SINGLE DAY. It takes a TOTAL team effort to keep an online community of 8,100 people up and running, trust me. The idea behind "going public" was great. Perhaps we should have implemented it differently. Hey, we're all new at this (we got only one year experience at this). I have been part of online communities which were much worse!

We're all human beings and we're all doing our best to run this place to the BEST of our abilities. Yes, mistakes can and will be made. But, you know what? I've been around several different online communities and for me THIS ONE ranks WAY UP THERE. 

• Upvote 2