CMiller

news [UPDATED] Certain sections of the forum can now be viewed by all

One thing that bothers me about the going public aspect: If your picture on your profile is identified as you, that could make it easier to search you.  Just paranoid here. 

I took down my profile phopto which showed my face, but now I can't upload a new profile photo. It acts like it is working, but the photo does not update. Anybody else having this issue?

Yes Mr. Lemur.  I did the same.  Took down my face pic but haven't been able to upload another photo since.  It accepts the photo, but doesn't seem to actually upload it.  I have tried a few times since I took my photo down a couple of days ago, but still not working.  

Yes Mr. Lemur.  I did the same.  Took down my face pic but haven't been able to upload another photo since.  It accepts the photo, but doesn't seem to actually upload it.  I have tried a few times since I took my photo down a couple of days ago, but still not working.  

Hmm I'll look into that. 

• Upvote 1

There is a picture size (in pixels) limitation and a file size (in Kb)  limitation. If either of these have exceeded the maximum limits, the pictures will not upload correctly. 

There is a picture size (in pixels) limitation and a file size (in Kb)  limitation. If either of these have exceeded the maximum limits, the pictures will not upload correctly. 

It's beyond that. I tried uploading a photo within the limits and it wouldn't upload. 

So I'm looking into it. 

Just in case this info helps. I was able to change my photo if I used the import from URL method. But the upload method does not work.

Just to be clear, profiles and galleries will NOT be publically viewable?  If so then I may need to clear some images too.

Here are some screenshots of the public website (not logged in) showing what you get if you try to view a user profile, the gallery, or when you view the Introduction section where a post has a picture.

You get this when you try to view the Gallery. 

post-3988-0-87297100-1432596268_thumb.jp

You get this when you try to view the members' list. You cannot click on the user profiles in the posts. 

post-3988-0-55996800-1432596290_thumb.jp

Sample posting from the Introductions thread containing a picture. The picture is shown as a link. When clicked, it tells you that you do not have permission to view the picture. 

post-3988-0-87044700-1432596306_thumb.jp

I hope this clears up any anxiety. 

--Scriptboy

Just to be clear, profiles and galleries will NOT be publically viewable?  If so then I may need to clear some images too.

Galleries are not publically viewable.   If the consensus wants it I can also make profile not publicly viewable too.