Fantasy Supplement

InfyD

I think hempmonkey touched on a similar problem which I also have in my writing: I tend to rush the endings of my chapters due to my impatience. I just want to get it done so I can post it and have it out there for everyone to read. The bad part is that I rush through writing the last scene because I see that I'm so close to getting done and I become impatient. I have learned to stop and to take a break from it and to even come back later or the next day to edit or finish it. Don't allow your impatience to ruin the ending of your story!

• Upvote 2

I think hempmonkey touched on a similar problem which I also have in my writing: I tend to rush the endings of my chapters due to my impatience. I just want to get it done so I can post it and have it out there for everyone to read. The bad part is that I rush through writing the last scene because I see that I'm so close to getting done and I become impatient. I have learned to stop and to take a break from it and to even come back later or the next day to edit or finish it. Don't allow your impatience to ruin the ending of your story!

Yes, you're totally right. Impatience is a bitch with any lengthy form of project. My story was done over two days -- the break in the middle helped me refocus and edit/rewrite some of what I already had, and then finish the second half. But I'm sure that one more break might've been good for me to revise it a bit more - add some details and dialogue and reactions at the end. But the combo of losing stamina and wanting to share your story is brutal! haha. Something to work on. :)

• Upvote 2