Sailor Hulk

hero1000

Another of the mini hulk series....

Sailor Hulk

The ship, HMS Valiant, tossed violently on the seas and a loud laugh came from the galley, "Matey, ya feelin all right?"

Ben, the ship's young cabin boy, was looking a bit green, "I...I.. I'm fine." then he turned and wretched all over the floor to the joyous laughter of the crew.

"Blast it lad, get to yer bunk" the cook bellowed as he came from behind the barrels of apples.

Cookie, as he was known by the crew, threw buckets of water over the vomit to clean it off his mess decks.

Ben staggered out of the hold in embarrassment and went below to his rack. Soon the rocking of the boat caused him to drift into sleep.

He jerked awake sensing a presence nearby.  

Billy, one of the quietest deck hands, was standing just staring at him. When he saw Ben's eyes open, he merely nodded and then left.

Shortly afterwards, Cookie came in to check on him. 

"How ya feelin little matey?"

"Better. Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, ask away"

"What is it with Billy? He never says a word. "

"Aye, he's a quiet one for now. But " Here Cookie let out a little laugh, "when the gift is upon him, he is loud as thunder"

"The gift?"

"Aye, lad. The gift. Ya see, Billy is blessed which is why the Cap'n doesn't order him around. He does his job and when the time comes, The others step back so he can use the gift."

"I've never seen a tattoo on him. Why is that? Everyone else has them, even you. I want a skull right here on my arm"

Cookie laughed again, "Billy can't abide tattoos. He does have a mark. I seen it once"

"A mark?"

"Aye, a mark, when he was a swimmin'. A green star right back here. " And Cookie slapped the back of his ass.

"Is it a tattoo?"

"I don't rightly know as it seemed to be a bit personal, I never asked"

The seas were calmer the next day and Ben raced into the galley to talk with Cookie some more, but stopped short. Billy was there with him and Cookie appeared to be finishing a conversation. Ben's face turned red with embarrassment at the thought of Cookie relaying the conversation from the night before.

They both turned to look at him and Cookie smiled. Billy just nodded again and walked to a table. Ben studied him some more. He was much younger than the rest of the crew, maybe 19 at most. Yet he was strong and his eyes showed a deeper wisdom. They were ice blue and his long blond hair was tied in a pony tail.

Ben turned and hurried over to Cookie, "The Cap'n sent me to have you send up some wine and food"

"Aye lad. I'll have it ready in a mo'. How's about you be eatin' sumfin' first while I fix up the Cap'ns meal."

Ben grabbed a couple of apples and walked over to the table where Billy sat. Billy just watched him quietly.

"Can I sit here, Billy?"

Billy looked at him for a moment, then nodded.

Ben sat down and started eating. Then looked up and said, "I heard you have a gift"

Billy glanced at Cookie, who turned away quickly, then looked back at Ben. He didn't say anything but just kept eating.

Ben continued on, "If I had a gift, I would buy a house and settle down with my family and ...."

Billy grunted suddenly.

Ben looked up and saw him smiling, "It's not that kind of a gift"

Ben's jaw dropped open. Those were the first words he had ever heard out of the man. He had a rich baritone voice that made the whole room seem to sing.

Billy stood up then and said, "You're a good lad, Ben. Don't let that change"

Then he turned and left the galley.

Ben got up and went to Cookie to get the Captain's goods when a voice rang out from the deck.

"Jolly Roger off the starboard bow!"

Everyone dropped what they were doing and rushed up onto the deck. The Captain came from his aft quarters with the quartermaster. The whole crew stood watching.

"Man the starboard cannons. Run up the warning flags."

Before anyone could move a loud bang came from the pirate ship and ball splashed into the ocean 100 yards from the Valiant. 

"Skip the warning, man the cannon!"

Everyone scurried to do as they were told. Ben went to the cannon that Billy was handling. He moved it with ease, where it seemed to take 4 or 5 of the men to handle the others.

Another shot came from the pirates, but this time the crew was ready and returned fire.

Suddenly the Captain was standing at Billy's side.

"Billy, get into the sideboat. You know what to do."

Billy gave the same nod that he always used. Then left for the small boat at the port side of the ship.

Ben ran after him. "I want to go with you."

Billy turned his eyes wider with concern, "No. Stay"

The pirates were coming closer, more reports from the cannons.

Suddenly ropes were flung over and the two ships were pulled together. There was more alarm in Billy's face.

"Prepare to repel boarders!" barked the Captain.

Billy abandoned the attempt to get to the boat and went to the ropes to try to remove them. The two ships pulled closer together and pirates whooped and yelled in anticipation.

Ben ran to help Billy with his rope and pulled out his knife, trying to cut through it.

Other men were trying to remove the pirates ropes and free up the Valiant before it got in position to board.

Suddenly Billy made a sound like a snort and stopped trying to remove the rope.

Ben looked up and saw that Billy's eyes had changed color. They were all white with tiny black pupils.

Ben looked up, "Are you ok?"

Billy made a snorting sound again and seemed to shake violently, "Get....back"  He barked his baritone voice replaced with a raspy sound.

Cookie appeared out of nowhere and pulled Ben back. He whispered to him, "The gift is upon him. Those pirates will regret this now."

Billy smiled and then shook and snorted again. 

"Is he growing?" Ben whispered back. 

Billy's shirt had seemed to be tighter and the loosely fitting leggings were snug around thick thighs

Cookie nodded and spoke aloud this time, "Aye lad, watch"

Billy's eyes rolled back in his head and he shuddered and grunted. There was a loud rip as the front of his shirt burst apart and a thick barrel of a chest heaved outwards.

Billy turned to face the pirates as he continued to swell outwards. His 5'9 frame was inching higher and higher.

Ben's mouth was open and his eyes were wide. 

Billy's arms already thick from sea work, bulged further and further, Gigantic horseshoe shaped triceps split open the back of his sleeves while biceps like boulders split open the front.

Billy was grunting and snarling, his voice deepening, then his skin began to turn green.  

The back of Billy's shirt ripped apart as monstrous lats spread outward and shoulders like cannonballs exploded from it. The shirt scraps fell to the floor.

Thick traps rose up around his bull like neck. 

The leggings started to split up the sides then suddenly exploded as even his muscled ass burst free.  

Ben gasped. Where Billy had once stood was a naked 7 foot , 500 pound green behemoth.

The pirate ship pulled along side and Billy let out a load roar, that shook both ships.

The pirates saw the creature and realized their mistake too late.

Billy suddenly leaped into the air. His massive legs propelling him forward and he landed with a thud in the middle of the pirates.

The crew cheered.

The pirates tried to scramble every direction.  

Billy ripped the massive capstan out of the deck and hurled it forward sweeping several of the pirates into the sea.

He pushed up against the main mast of the pirate ship.

Ben watched amazed as the thickly muscled beast swelled and strained against the solid wood.

Then with a loud crack the mast snapped and the creature picked it up like a toy and swung it around, clearing the deck.

A white flag was waived and the Captain calmly accepted the surrender of the remaining pirates.

The crew went through the decks of the pirate ship, retrieving stolen treasure.

Ben went looking for Billy.

He found the creature sitting alone in a hold below decks.

Ben quietly climbed down and sat across from him.

The creature looked up and made a low rumble sound.

The eyes started to close, then the head lolled down.

"That was amazing"

The creature lifted its head again to look at Ben. It appeared to be smaller.

"Can I sit by you?"

The creature said nothing just blinked and seemed to grow smaller again.

Ben got up and walked over next to the creature. He sat down so they both had their backs to the bulk head.

The creature looked at him for a moment, then laid his massive right arm over Ben's shoulder and sagged down.

Ben felt the weight of the immensely muscular arm but was determined to bear up.  The weight was gradually growing less.

Ben watched the features of Billy's face soften and the green color fade.

The arm that was over his shoulders was much smaller now and the hand attached to it, stroked Ben's arm affectionately.

Ben looked down at the hand then up at Billy's face. Billy was smiling at him now, although he was still not back to normal. 

He spoke in a raspy voice, "You...you're a good lad, Ben"

Ben just nodded and watched as the muscles continued to recede and Billy slowly became normal again. With a last shudder and gasp, he saw the white fade from Billy's eyes and the ice blue color returned.

"Most of the crew are terrified of me"

"I'm not. I wish I had your gift"

Billy smiled and, even though he was naked, he pulled Ben in close and held him against his side.

"Is that why you sleep in your own hold?"

"Yes."

"Don't you get lonely?"

"Yes."

"I bet the Cap'n would let me bunk with you."

Billy smiled again and nodded. "I'd like that"

Suddenly a shadow passed over and they looked up to see Cookie watching them.

"Ahoy, you two. That's where ya got.  I have some clothes for ya Billy. Once you've changed, Cap'n wants us back on board our own ship"

Billy stood to change and Ben saw the green star on his left cheek.

"What is that star?"

Billy sighed, "That is the mark of the gift"

"Where did you get it?"

Billy sighed, "I was barely 16..."

"That's how old I am"

"Yes. But I was a bit cruel to the wrong person. She cursed me with this. Said I needed to know what it was like to be lonely. Everyone, even my family, shunned me. The first time I changed was at home. My dad wanted my help on the farm, and I didn't want to do it. I still didn't believe the woman. He was switching me. He got maybe 2 licks in, then this happened. I destroyed the farm, my parents fled and I haven't had a friend to this day. People like the Cap'n like using me for stuff like this."

"I'm your friend. I like you."

Billy's eyes grew wet with tears and he hugged Ben.

"Thank you"

They made their way out of the hold and back to the main ship.

• Upvote 14

After watching Sailor Moon Crystal the past few days, I had a different picture in my head of Sailor Hulk when I saw the title.  Definitely glad my initial thoughts were not the case haha. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Great story. I hope there is more. 

DragonKnight: I loved Sailor Moon. I can totally relate. For a brief second, I thought the same, but decided to read with an open mind :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...