Trontastic

So, here's part 1 (2?) of the story. Again, comments and criticism are welcome and requested. Enjoy!

======================================

Nate ‘The Snake’ Blainey was a big man.

Well, big may not exactly do him justice. He was massive. He was gorgeous. He was… everything. Standing at an even two meters tall, he stood a head almost everyone else on the train station. His hair made him stand out even more. His face grew stubble at a rate that was ridiculous. Nate didn’t even bother shaving any more than once a month, giving him a massive full brown beard reaching down to his clavicle. Combined with his long hair dangling down to his broad shoulders, he looked like some sort of freaky Viking warrior. He weighed a solid 140 kilograms, more or less, but none of it was fat. He was all lean, thick muscle. As he waited for his stop to approach, he adjusted his constantly throbbing, yearning crotch. Sometimes, people wore revealing pants that showed off a bit too much. They were called budgie smugglers. Not Nate. Nate was trying to keep a cockatoo stuffed in his poor pants!
If someone had seen him in the few days since he last got rid of all his hair, they would have no other words for the face below other than perfection. His luscious lips, his sparkling blue eyes, even his teeth were brilliant to the point of ridiculous.

Well, one of them. Truth be told, there were many like him. He belonged to a group known as the ‘Muscle Club’. Each one with the same level of physical attributes. Though, most of them were on the other side of the Pacific at this point. One of these Adonis lookalikes, Brian Chan, had come down to Sydney about a year ago to go see Mardi Gras. While he was there, he found Nate – then a rail thin, but tall guy – and ‘initiated’ him into the club.

Since then, Nate was living a totally changed life. Ever since the transformation, nearly everything was going spectacular for him. He had a modest flat in the heart of the city. Where once was insecurity and mental hopeless, there was now a clarity of mind and general happiness. And he had no troubles picking up anyone for a little ‘R&R.’ The only real ‘downside’ was his constant, never-ending hunger for sex with other men. It didn’t matter whether they were short, tall, thin, fat or whatever. So long as they had something dangling between their legs, he wanted it, in every possible way. The hunger was never ending. Though he could satisfy himself quite well on his own, he only felt truly satisfied when with another of his ilk – and even that satisfaction was fleeting. His body and mind constantly craved the next hit. It was like he was a pack a day smoker gone cold turkey, and there were walking packs of ciggies everywhere. He preferred to be a gentleman about these sort of things with new guys, but it was times like now that really tested his personal resolve.

It took everything he had from propositioning anyone on this cramped, little train. The hot, sweaty carriage, the smells of all the late night commuters… why did the toilet have to be out of order? Ah well, he was nearly at the station, and within walking distance of his flat. Then, hopefully he could find another initiate of the club who wanted to spend the night, or at least have a wank to relieve this colossal pressure. All things considered, he was leading a good, if interesting life.

But, he still remembered where he had come from. Who he had been. The neurotic shut-in. The messy slob. The underachiever. The constant mental breakdowns. He wouldn’t wish that kind of mental suffering on anyone.

“Doors opening. Please stand clear.” The tinny, recorded voice announced that they had stopped at his station. As he walked off and rounded the narrow, curved platform, a small figure dashed around and bumped into his muscled side, before mumbling a “sorry” and continued. As soon as there was contact, Nate got a blast of the figure’s noticeable, pungent scent. It smelled of day old sweat, tobacco smoke, marijuana, and something else. Tears? Mucus? Was this guy crying? Nate turned around and went around to see where the figure had gone. As he got around the notoriously steep curve, he saw what looked like a young man standing on the edge of the platform. He looked about 19, according to Nate’s keen eye. He was wearing a dirty, dishevelled jacket and some ratty jeans. He had short, black hair and had light brown skin. Maybe he was Maori?

Nate was right though. The poor thing looked like he had cried his eyes out earlier that evening. Those same bloodshot eyes kept darting from the arrivals board hanging from the wall, the bend in the tracks, and back again. The board said ‘Next Train: 2 Minutes. Train will not stop at this station.’ This really worried Nate. This was an area noted for the amount of suicides that happened right where they were standing.

Nate walked up and put his meaty hand on the poor boy’s shoulder.

“Hey there, I’m Nate. Are you alright?”

The young man just shuddered under Nate’s touch. “I-I’m having a rough time right now. Can you leave me alone, mate? Please?”

“Well, if you’re not doing alright, sometimes its best of you talk to someone about it.”
Nate heard a distant rumbling. He knew the train would barely slow down as it passed through. There was no doubt what would happen if the troubled guy decided to take a single step. Nate had to think of something fast.

“Look, I know there’s probably a whole lot going wrong in your life right now. But if you do what I think you’re going to do, that’s the end of the story. Finito. Nothing gets resolved. But, that doesn’t have to be the end. No matter what you’ve done, or who’s hurt you, I know you can always make it better.”

Just then, the train thundered around the bend. For a split second, it looked like the boy was seriously considering jumping. But, at that moment, his emotions overwhelmed him, and he fell to his knees, sobbing uncontrollably.

Nate dropped down beside him and pulled him in for a big bear hug. As the boy cried into his stony forearm, Nate rocked him back and forth, and comforted him like an infant. After a while, when he had calmed down, Nate spoke up.

“Did you want to go grab something to eat? There’s a Maccas around the corner, if you want. I reckon a bit of greasy food might do you some good right now.”

“O-okay. Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it. I was looking for a reason to eat out. Can you get up?”

The boy cleared his throat, and tried to regain his footing. With a little support from Nate, he was soon on his own feet again. Using Nate as a support, the two made their way across the street to the golden arches.

“T-thanks, man. I’m sorry for… for all this happening to you”

“Nah, it’s all right. I’m always butting in on others’ business. How are you feeling?”

“A bit better, I think. It’s Mick, by the way.”

“Well, Mick, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

• Upvote 12

Interesting way to get things started, and a hero move by Nate.

Quick question: am I correct in assuming that "Maccas" is what McDonalds is called Down Under?

• Upvote 2

Quick question: am I correct in assuming that "Maccas" is what McDonalds is called Down Under?

Yep. In Aussie talk, everything must be as short as possible. We are masters of brutality to English.

• Upvote 1