CMiller

news Help us by donating via PayPal or a monthly Patreon contribution

You may have noticed that we had a little hiccup two weeks ago regarding the responsiveness and uptime of the server. 

We are currently on an entry level virtual server that is meant for viewers half of what we get a month.

Since then I had to get consulting on how we can expand. We have two options, both are more expensive and something that I can't support by myself. We can either choose to get a dedicated server costing about $120 a month or expand our VPS and expect to expand again 12 months down the road, that would cost about $80 a month. 

To help raise funds I've introduced a monthly contribution option called Pateron. This service allows you to pledge a monthly contribution plus allows me to offer you some rewards for your contribution. 

If you have any questions you may ask them below, or PM me. 

If you'd like to make that contribution please click on the image below:

patreon_banner_button.jpg

• Upvote 5

I suppose a bump isn't necessary, but I figure I will try to donate SOMETHING soon c: I don't want to see you guys come down.

I think what it is is CMiller wasn't expecting this site to be as popular as it is and he probably wants to add even more content. In order to do anything else, he would have to upgrade to this new server. I wouldn't think it would be hard to get $80 or $120 out of members per month, but it will depend probably on the ones that post the most. The good news is, there is a substantial amount of people that contribute to the forum. The bad news is, compared to 2014's goal, which of course didn't include January, February, or March, this is a MUCH larger goal.

If I remember correctly, that was only $500 for the year. (Can't remember exactly!)

This new server would either cost $1440/yr ($120/mo) or $960/yr ($80/mo) which could get dicey in some months.  :mellow:

It sounds daunting, but there is a very large membership here now and this may be much ado about nothing. :)

• Upvote 1

I think what it is is CMiller wasn't expecting this site to be as popular as it is and he probably wants to add even more content. In order to do anything else, he would have to upgrade to this new server. I wouldn't think it would be hard to get $80 or $120 out of members per month, but it will depend probably on the ones that post the most. The good news is, there is a substantial amount of people that contribute to the forum. The bad news is, compared to 2014's goal, which of course didn't include January, February, or March, this is a MUCH larger goal.

If I remember correctly, that was only $500 for the year. (Can't remember exactly!)

This new server would either cost $1440/yr ($120/mo) or $960/yr ($80/mo) which could get dicey in some months.  :mellow:

It sounds daunting, but there is a very large membership here now and this may be much ado about nothing. :)

Yes I wasn't expecting it to become so large and it needs a server that can support it. That's why I setup the Pateron because it doesn't rely on one single large donation but many small ones that could add up to pay our rising costs. 

• Upvote 1

I already signed up! I'm on here every day plus I'm already helping you moderate the site so I signed up right away!

I'm shocked by the prices. There are loads of cheaper hosters arround :)

The problem is that we can't go with any of the shared hosting providers because we use too much resources and that rogue people would be able to have the site taken down way too easily. 

So we have to go with a self-managed and operated option. 

• Upvote 2