Zachery The Knight

xythanshadow

Queen Tivania LeStrang was walking through the courtyard, her hair gently flowing in the breeze. In her hand she carried a lovely bouquet of flowers that released an aroma that matched her subtle scent. She loved to walk around her castle and her subjects' morale was always increased by seeing her.

She turned the corner to see a few of the kids that frequented the castle playing near the moat. She didn't know their exact names, but she recognized at least a few of them. She saw the daughter of the baker hiding behind the orphan Zachery. She knew a lot about Zachery, seeing as how he was a frequent visitor to the court doctor. And it seemed today would be another day he would need the doctor's service. He was defending the young girl from three boys. The target was obviously the sweet roll that she held in her hand. The sweet cinnamon smell wafted up even to her nose and proved the skill and expertise of the master baker of the town.

Zachery turned slightly to the young girl and said, “Cynthia, run!”

She started to run down the moat towards the town, and as soon as one of the three bullies turned to chase her, Zachery jump and knocked him down then blocked their path. Cynthia got away, but Zachery paid the price. The three bullies weren't kind to the little kid that prevented them from their ill-gotten sweets. Even though Zachery was older than them by two years, he wasn't nearly as big as them. The queen watched sadly as the bullies beat Zachery before leaving him bloodied and hurt beside the moat bank.

Queen LeStrang's heart broke for the young man. She motioned for a guard and when he arrived, told him to retrieve Zachery and take him to the doctor. Once he was out of sight, she ducked down, grabbed a small amount of the soil and smiled. Standing back up, she plucked the reddest rose from her bouquet. She then reached deep into the group of flowers and plucked a single rare starflower from the group. She put down her bouquet of flowers before she plucked the petals from the rare and beautiful starflower and rose. She merged her hands together, mixing the petals and soil before whispering, 

“Young man, noble and true

Whose body does not fit the part

Let your strength and size grow to match

The Valor found within thy heart.”

She opened her hands and blew the contents into the air. They rose on a wind, swirled above her head before flying down to the boy. They twirled and danced on the wind above him before they sprinkled and fell on the kid. They glowed for just a moment before fading. Then the guard that the queen sent arrived, picked him up and took him into the castle.

The queen smiled and picked up her bouquet. She thought to herself, “You know, a sweet roll does seem like a good idea today.”

• Upvote 2

Zachery watched as the leaves fell from the trees and thought deeply. He wondered to himself as they scattered around him why he found such beauty in them the moments before their demise. It was as if they flourished one last time before they fell, and deep down he wished that his life, when it had to end, would end in the same way.

A crisp wind whipped through Zachery's hair as he observed nature's activities. Even though he was there by order of the court scholar, he didn't mind sitting peacefully watching the world. He saw as the squirrels scampered for nuts in the trees, the birds on their journey southward and the lone bear preparing for his winter sleep. He mused to himself how active nature was before Gaia began her long sleep.

A grumble from his stomach signaled the time. He sighed to himself, wondering how much time he spent at the edge of the forest. But, he knew it was at least a few hours since he last ate, and knowing how every few hours since he started training and growing he needed to eat, he started his way back to the castle.

On the way back, he decided to stop in town to run a few errands. He had to stop by the fletcher to pick up a new longbow. The one he had broke a week before when he drew it in archery practice. The yew longbow that was being made for him, the fletcher said, would be better for his large hands and powerful grip. They had to remeasure his wingspan once again, even though they had just made him a bow less than three months earlier.

Speaking of which, he also had to stop by the blacksmith to pick up a new sword. The one he currently used was too small for him now. The blade was too light, the hand guard too small and he could only fit two and a half fingers on the hilt. The blacksmith was definitely shocked when he came into the forge a few weeks before. After a few light hearted jabs, the soot-covered smithy made a mold of his hand. He chuckled as he did, which made Zachery wonder. After he was finished, the smithy took him to a shelf where he had several hand molds. The smithy laughed as he showed Zachery the molds of the knights and how his hand was bigger than the majority of the elite knights of the realm. They chuckled a bit before Zachery had to leave. On the way out, the smithy shouted, "Better stop growing soon boy, or we'll ne'er be able to fit you in armor."

But, the first stop he always made when he was in town was to the bakery. Not only did he love the bread they cooked there, her majesty was a fan of their sweet rolls and Zachery made sure he retrieved some every time he was there for his benefactor. He still was confused every time he thought about six years ago when she invited him to live in the castle. He didn't know why she showed him such kindness, but he had always heard stories how she was a kind and gentle queen. Over the years, he saw firsthand how understated the stories were.

Zachery had to be careful as he navigated his way through the bustling crowd. Everyone was out today it seemed, buying and trading goods in the city market. He tried to make sure he didn't hurt anyone or knock over the carts that lined the main street. He was still getting used to being so much bigger than villagers and most of the city guard. His shoulders and arms kept bumping into people, and more than once he had to catch someone from falling after they bounced off of his considerable muscled mass. Finally, he got onto a side street and headed towards the bakery. On the way he saw a couple of guys standing outside, talking to Cynthia and waving their hands around in a threatening manner. He slowly walked up behind the trio and listened to them as they talked. He saw Cynthia smile as he walked up and he held up a single finger to his mouth, signaling her to remain quiet.

“Better give us what we want, or there will be 'problems',” one of them said.

Cynthia defiantly responded, “I don't think the town guard would like hearing that.”

One of the bigger ones said, “We don't care about the guard, they aren't here right now and they won't be here to save you if you don't give us what we want.”

Zachery stepped up and wrapped two of the guys in a powerful headlock. His biceps bulged against their throats and immediately they started to struggle. He winked at Cynthia as he held the two thugs immobile in his massive grip. As Cynthia gave him a bemused smile, he said in an deep, threatening voice, “You know, I would be 'upset' if something happened to the bakery.” He emphasized the word 'upset' with a subtle flex of his beefy arms, cutting the flow of air to two of the thugs even more. The two thugs started to swing wildly, but their fists did nothing to Zachery as he stood there.

The leader growled in anger as he spun around, “Look here, you should just stay out of our business or else...” 

His words died in his throat as he caught a glimpse of the man that was talking to him. His gaze fell directly upon Zachery's chest. The tunic he wore, dark blue and very worn even though it was a few months old, caught his attention first. The leather banding at the sides were frayed and somewhat broken, and the tanned hide seemed to be stretched and slightly tattered, obviously due to the sheer girth of his chest. He then saw the massive arms that held his two companions immobile without even a struggle. They were even turning slightly blue from the obstruction that the humongous balls of muscle caused. He had never seen arms as big as the ones that were in front of him, even with all his confrontations with the city guards. His gaze went upward, catching a glimpse of the thick cords that made up his neck before he saw the boyish face that capped it all. His bravado and confidence died in his chest, seeing how such a young man subdued two men without a struggle and looked like he beat him into a fine pulp.

"Or else what?" Zachery growled as he squeezed the thugs a little tighter.

“Ummm.....” he drooled with an look of terror painted on his face.

“Cynthia, are these men giving you any trouble?” Zachery said as he flexed his chest for the thug.

“I don't know Zachery, let me see,” she smiled as she continued, “Well, are you guys going to give us any more trouble?”

“N..n...n...n...oo,” the thug stuttered as he shook his head.

“Well then,” Zachery said as he unceremoniously dropped the two men he was holding to the ground, “I guess you men should continue about your business.”

He growled one more time and the three of them scrambled off. Cynthia burst into laughter, saying “Your sense of timing is nothing short of impeccable.” Zachery chuckled and followed the young baker into the shop. As he strolled through the door, he absentmindedly noticed how his shoulders scraped against the door frame when he was sure a few weeks his shoulders weren't as wide. 

As soon as he entered the shop, his stomach let loose a low, but loud rumble. His nose was assaulted by the wonderful scent of freshly baked breads and pastries and it took all of his control to keep from ransaking the store. Cynthia walked to the oven and stoked the coals before smiling at Zachery, “So, good squire, what may I get for you today?” She did a quick curtsy and Zachery laughed aloud.

“You are quite funny dear Cynthia.” She smiled some more as Zachery continued, “Do you have any of your father's wonderful sweet rolls and perhaps some Manchet?” 

A voice out of the rear of the building said aloud, “For you, young Zachery, of course we do.” 

Zachery snapped to attention as Cynthia's father walked from the storeroom. “You know young man, you've known me since you were five. You don't have to do that every time I enter a room.”

Zachery relaxed a little before saying, “A master baker such as yourself deserves the respect, sire.”

He smiled before walking to the brick stove. He slid the coals around before retrieving a few loaves of the freshly baked wheat bread. Zachery willed himself not to drool at the delicious aroma that wafted from the stove, a mixture of wheat, spices and wood chips.”

Zachery pulled out a piece of thick wool on the counter. As the baker loaded the breads on his cloth, Zachery pulled out his coins. He started to object to taking the money, but Zachery cut him off, “I know what you are about to say sire, and again, I have to say that if this little amount of coin can insure that you continue to practice your art, I'm quite happy to give it.”

He smiled gently and replied, “Of course young Zachery. I won't argue with you this time.”

Zachery reached over and grabbed one of the larger loaves of bread before he tied the cloth up, securing the package. “If luck is with me, I will see you two again soon,” he said with a huge smile. He waved to Cynthia and her father before he left, taking care to turn sideways to fit through the door.

He continued about his errands. He stopped by the fletcher's shop, acquired his bow and then went to the blacksmith for his sword. He ate some of the bread as he walked, but made sure he didn't eat it all. With half of the huge loaf left, he made his way to the local orphanage. As he walked through the sea of people, he could hear the children's cheers. It helped that he stood a head over most of the villagers that were out shopping. The children crowded around him, jumping and yelling at their big playmate. He laughed as they all wanted to be carried around his big arms or on top of his massive shoulders. He spent a good bit of time entertaining the children before giving them some of his bread and continuing onward to the castle.

Once he arrived back at the barracks, he quickly stored his new weapons and rushed to the queen's chamber. As he headed up the many stairs to see his benefactor, he said aloud, “These sweet rolls smell heavenly today. Her majesty should enjoy them.”

He tried to sneak by the throne room so he could leave the present for her in her chambers, but the queen saw him pass by and motioned for him. He immediately snapped to attention, walked down the elegantly designed room before kneeling at her feet. She motioned for him to rise, and he did so humbly.

“I brought your majesty some of the sweet rolls she enjoys,” he said as he offered the package to her.

She smiled gently at him and said, “Why thank you young Zachery. That was very thoughtful of you.” She motioned and an assistant appeared to retrieve the package before disappearing behind a curtain.

He beamed with pride but heard someone suck air through his teeth in disgust. He looked to his left to see the Cardinal looking at him in abhorrence. Directing a sneer at the young man, he said, “Why must you come every fortnight and bother her majesty with such insignificant pittance?”

Zachery looked toward the queen and said, “May I ask you a question your majesty?” She nodded her approval and he continued, “Do you enjoy the sweet rolls that I bring you?” Again, she smiled and nodded. He bowed in respect and with a slight smile he said, “Cardinal Angelo, if I can do anything to bring a smile to her majesty’s face, I would gladly spend the rest of my life doing it.”

Queen LeStrang beamed a smile at Zachery and said, “I am very pleased to hear that young Zachery. You are dismissed. I think I shall come to observe your training this eve.”

He performed a quick and crisp salute, saying, “Thank you your highness. I look forward to your evaluations.” Quickly exiting the room, he could feel the Cardinal’s disapproving stare on his back, but also the warmth of his queen’s gaze.

He rushed toward the main practice ground. He knew if he didn’t hurry, he would be late for his training and the Knight Commander would be greatly displeased. He smiled to himself at how lucky he was that Sir Edmond Fitzalan took a liking to him when he was young. It was said that he trained only one person at a time and Zachery was exceptionally grateful. He treated the young squire like a son and Zachery was very thankful to have a father figure in his life at last.

Even though he was in a rush, Zachery examined his body as he put on his padded practice suit. And while his body was getting bigger and more powerful each day, his training told him it wasn’t enough to be huge and strong to do his duty. He had to have the skill to go with his size and strength. He thoughtfully rubbed his arm, reminded of how he missed a parry which let Sir Edmond land a solid blow that made him drop his sword. Another bruise reminded him never to overextend his reach, and another reminded him a shield isn’t complete protection. He rubbed his thick fingers along all the various bruises that marked his body like badges of honor. Each abrasion brought to mind a different lesson. He smiled to himself; some people would try their best to hide them. He, on the other hand, took pride in his battle scars, each one chronicling his journey from inexperience to mastery. He shook his head to regain his focus and quickly finished getting dressed before he got his wooden long sword and shield. 

As usual, Sir Edmond was already on the practice field waiting for him. Zachery performed a quick salute to his mentor who replied with a simple grunt. After he finally crossed the field to stand in front of his teacher, Sir Edmond said, “Well whelp, you seem to be getting better with the time.”

Zachery smiled and replied, “Much in part to your diligent training sir.”

A smile cracked across Sir Edmond’s battle-hardened face as he said, “I am a fighter not a farmer, I have no use for cow manure. The skies have not opened upon us yet because of your punctuality.” Zachery let loose a low laugh as he saluted his teacher once again. As they entered their ready positions, Sir Edmond said, “Let us see if you have been practicing.” 

The clanking of their wooden swords and shields soon filled the area. Zachery was trying his best to prove himself, to let his guide know that he was ready to move on, but first, he had to defeat Sir Edmond. A few minutes into their lessons, the rhythmic sounds of their sword swings and parries was overshadowed by the sounds of the court trumpeters, signaling the arrival of her majesty.

The two combatants immediately snapped to attention and directed their gaze upward to the overhang. Queen LeStrang walked out onto her balcony, striding majestically, almost floating along her way. She looked over the edge and waved down at the two. With a smile, she said, "Good eve gentlemen. I trust the day treats you well." The two nodded and answered with a crisp, disciplined, "Yes your majesty." She smiled again and looked toward Sir Edmond, "How goes young Zachery's training?"

Edmond stepped forward, sword and shield behind his back, and replied, "The lad is quick to learn his lessons. It only takes him a few hours of practice to grasp the lesson and a few days to gain near mastery." Zachery started to glow with pride as his mentor spoke so well of him, but Edmond continued, with a sly smile on his face, "Well, all lessons besides punctuality I should say."

The queen raised her elegant fan to her mouth to hide her bemusement as Zachery's face flushed with embarassment. The queen, taking pity on young Zachery, said, "Well gentlemen, I wish to see what the young squire has learned in his time. Please, feel free to continue."

They bowed to the queen before they faced each other again. Edmond led the attack, putting Zachery on defense early. Zachery started to feel self-conscious as the queen's gentle gaze settled on him. Edmond noticed his lack of attention and quickly struck. Zachery winced in pain as Edmond's sword hit his unguarded arm and thigh. A gruff growl from his mentor caught his attention, and with his lesson learned, they continued their practice. As the two engaged each other, sounds of their combat echoed again from the walls, filling the courtyard with the sounds of mock battle. Dust rose from the ground as they shuffled back and forth, slightly stinging their eyes and causing the two to cough occasionally. 

The two continued their practices for about half an hour before Zachery finally disarmed his mentor. The queen stood and started clapping and Edmond smiled with fatherly pride. Zachery was winded from the activity, but was still thankful he finally showed some mastery of the longsword. "Good, good my boy. Now, time for some archery practice." Zachery stood to attention and saluted before he acquired his mentor's practice equipment. Quickly, he stored them in the barracks before returning with his new longbow. He had yet to test out the fletcher's newest creation, but just from the heft of it in his hands, he was eager to try.

Sir Edmond had already placed the target on its stand at the end of the practice yard. He stepped up to the firing line and drew his armguard up his left forearm. He had to struggle a little with it though and he wondered if leather shrunk over time. He looked down at his arm and saw beneath the black strands of hair how the muscles writhed and moved as he tugged the strap of leather upward. He grunted a few times, trying to get the guard in position before he saw pieces of the tanned hide begin to fray. He sighed to himself, "Looks like I'm going to have to go by the leatherworker again." He turned to see Sir Edmond shaking his head while he chuckled at Zachery's difficulty. 

Finally, Zachery had the guard in a suitable position. In his mind, he started to run through the proper archery procedure. He stood straight and tall, his knees slightly bent as he nocked the arrow. While the bow was still pointed downward, he slowly exhaled. Then with his arms rigid, he raised the bow and in one fluid motion, his lats flared out as he drew the bowstring back gently. He smiled, remarking to himself on the quality of the new bow compared to his size and strength. 

Zachery stood like a giant T as he aimed. His back was flared and tensed, maintaining perfect control over the arrow in his hands. His mind went through the aim. His eyes went down the arrow, his sight locked on the center of the target. He breathed in deeply and held it before relaxing his fingers and releasing the arrow. The arrow flew straight and true, lodging itself deeply into the center of the target. It wasn't quite a bull's-eye, but it was very close. A soft clap emanated from the queen's balcony and Zachery smiled.

Zachery practiced until his quiver was empty. He knew he still had a long way to go to master the bow, but he was getting better and soon, he and Sir Edmond would be practicing field archery near the woods. When his practice was over, he turned to Sir Edmond who gave an approving nod, then upward to the Queen. She stood and majestically waved Zachery closer. He moved as close to the overhang as he could while maintaining eye contact with her. She started, "Well young Zachery, I am quite impressed with your progress. You seem to be taking to your studies well. I am quite proud of you and hope to enjoy watching you compete in the tournament when you are fully trained."

While Zachery thought to himself how much more work he needed before he could be a viable contender for Arena Champion, he nevertheless bowed and thanked the queen for her vote of confidence. She then turned toward Sir Edmond and nodded to him, "I thank you for your service Sir Edmond. He seems to be coming along very well. I am grateful you decided to continue training him all these years."

Sir Edmond saluted and crisply barked, "I live to serve your majesty."

She stood to her feet and immediately Zachery snapped to attention. "Well good men, I enjoyed the demonstration. It was quite entertaining. I hope to have the pleasure once again."

"The honor was all ours, your majesty," Sir Edmond responded.

As she turned to retire to her chambers, she glanced back at Zachery and said, "And once again, thank you for the pastries."

Zachery beamed with pride as her assembly retreated to the interior of the castle. He continued to smile even when Sir Edmond struck his muscular ass with the back of his hand. "That be enough of that lad, time to get ourselves cleaned up and head over to the mess hall." On cue, Zachery's stomach growled in agreement. The two of them laughed before heading to the baths.

Even though Zachery had seen his mentor bare many times before, each time he saw him nude, it was awe inspiring. Even though he was quite his elder, Sir Edmond still had a physique that would have rivaled most of the men half his age. As they undressed, Zachery couldn't help but be impressed by his mentor's stature. He was just as tall as Zachery, but not as thick with muscle. But what he lacked in size, he more than made up for in definition and endurance. Zachery learned several things about the human body just from watching his teacher move about naked. And the manhood he possessed was the stuff of legend. Stories of his equipment were wide known around the castle, and judging from the six children he had, he was still as potent as a young teen. It was no wonder that his wife was always seen with a smile on her face and a song on her lips.

"Well laddie, would ya hurry along? Frost will be upon us before you wet your feet at this rate." 

Zachery smiled and swiftly shed his practice gear before submerging himself into the giant tub. The water was quite warm, not to the point of discomfort, but very soothing and relaxing. He started to lean back and allow the warmth of the tub to do it's magical work when he heard his mentor's low voice cut through, "You know, she's right about you laddie."

Zachery opened his eyes and looked at his teacher, "Wha?"

"I said, she's right. It's nigh time for you to start thinking about the arena."

Zachery laughed as he splashed his face, "I fear I am nowhere near ready for that. I could not begin to hold up a candle to those guys. All the champions I saw were huge guys, and outmatched me several times over in skill.

Edmond scowled at Zachery, "When have I ever said anything that I didn't believe?" Zachery saw the seriousness etched in his mentor's face and stopped laughing. "You know, I used to be a champion before I began my service to her majesty." Zachery nodded at the common knowledge. "I had at least ten seasons on you before I became champion, and even at your tender age, I see the potential for greatness in you, even though you yourself are blind to the simple fact."

Zachery simply looked at his elder in disbelief as he continued, "How long do you think it took me to achieve this body?" When he didn't answer quickly enough, Edmond continued, "I did not get to be this size until I was nearing my thirtieth season. As a young lad, I was always bigger and stronger than my friends, but I didn't get to be this large and powerful until that late in life. You do know that you have surpassed me in physical size, right?"

Zachery looked down at himself. "I know I've grown a little, but surely you jest sir. I have yet to out grow you." 

"Stand up," Edmond barked. Immediately, Zachery sprung to attention, water flying in a froth from the pool. Edmond stood slower and walked up to Zachery. Standing directly in front of him, he said, "You know, it was not two months ago that your gaze would have fell on my chest, and barely a week ago we were eye to eye." Zachery noticed that he had to look slightly down at his mentor; not much, but it was there.

Zachery stood still as his mentor inspected him. He slowly walked around him, commenting as he strolled. "See these arms," he said as he poked the solid limb. "I remember when they were the size of a branch. I was worried that if you fell, you would have broken it and that would've ruined either your sword arm or your shield arm. Now look at them. They're nearly as big as most people's legs. Strong and powerful. And speaking of legs, those are a pair of tree trunks you're walking around on. You should never have any trouble climbing a wall or staying astride your horse with legs that size.

Edmond continued to walk around Zachery, inspecting and commenting on his physique as he stood there. Zachery took every word from his mentor's mouth to heart, and soon, he started to feel flushed. All of Edmond's candid, yet truthful comments was making him feel a mixture of pride and horniness, and sure enough, blood started to flow southward.

Edmond had stopped circling Zachery and stood in front of him. With a smile on his face, he said, "And if the maids knew about your manhood, I would never see you at training."

Zachery looked down and saw his penis, full and jutting from his groin like a fleshy sword, begging to be handled. He knew at the very least that that part of him was growing. He took a little pride in feeling the weight and heft of it when he was alone at night, sore from the day's training, yet his cock aching for attention. He had no one but Sir Edmond to compare to, but he heard that one could wrap both hands around Sir Edmond's tool and he was proud that he could do the same.He blushed as he stood there with a full hard on.

Edmond reached out and slapped Zachery's stiff rod. He winced in slight pain as his cock bobbed before regaining its rigid stance. "I know what it's like. I remember back when I was young a stiff breeze would cause me to become the same. At least it's not as bad as it used to be. At ease."

Zachery sat down, allowing the warm water to erase the soreness as Edmond continued, "Lad, you are a bright kid. Why else would the queen have you work with the scholars. I know you donna see yourself like others do, but trust me, next year this time, you could be champion. People look up to you right now, not just because you are as big as a knight in armor, but because you are caring and gentle. That be the true measure of strength. You are true to yourself and honest and that is what being a knight is all about. I proud to be training ya lad."

Zachery started to beam with pride as he said, "Thank you sir. I'm grateful every day for your training."

With a smirk, Edmond replied, "Don't you be getting all soft on me lad. I still am gonna have to beat some sense of time into you."

The baths were filled with the sound of laughter as the two finished cleaning and relaxing. Afterwards, they both dressed and went the mess hall. Zachery loved the feel of the cool night air through the hair on his chest as they walked. They went to the mess hall where the staff had already had their food prepared. They smiled as the two sat at the table. This time of evening, the palace guards had already eaten, but the court staff was still on duty, so they had the entire hall to themselves. It was a good thing that the staff always had tons of food prepared because Zachery was ravenous after training.

Zachery was on his fifth plate when they heard a group of armored feet heading towards the hall in a rush. Both of them looked at each other, then the door. A few moments later, the two large oak doors swung open and a platoon of the castle guard marched in. Zachery and Edmond stood up as they parted, revealing Cythnia's father.

Zachery dropped his fork in surprise as he ran over. "Zachery, thank god you're here."

Zachery placed his large hand on the baker's shoulder, "What's wrong sir?"

His eyes raced around in a panic as he said, "Cynthia's gone missing!"

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Upvote 1