Awakening the Shy Muscleman

londonboy

I just rediscovered this amazing story, and I've been coming back to it again and again! Such a hot scene and great characters! I really wish you would write a second installment.

• Upvote 1

One minor problem as regards readability:  Your sentences tend to run together, even though you end them with periods.  The way to correct this is to insert two spaces AFTER the end of a sentence.  This is a basic point that is emphasized even in the most basic typing and keyboarding classes on the high school level, and for good reason!  The human eye needs such space between sentences in order to process the sentences more efficiently.  Otherwise, reading text becomes a strain, both visually and mentally.  I know it'll be a "pain in the organ of your choice," as Johnny Carson once put it, but I respectfully urge you to go back over your text here, and insert two spaces after each sentence as needed.  You should also insert two spaces after a colon, which is considered the end of a clause or sentence just like a period.  One space after a comma or semicolon is considered sufficient.  Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

@ GlamRockCowboy,

Just a little note:  I had this happen when I pasted my own story to the forum.  The spaces after periods disappeared and I most certainly put them in.  I think such a well-regarded and prolific writer as Londonboy would not have left these out.  If you look at some of the other sites where this much-loved story is posted, you will see that there are indeed two spaces after ever period.  It is something that seems to happen when doing a direct copy-paste into the uploading box here.  I have found that on my Mac, I have to compose in word, copy to my notepad, and then copy from there to the upload box on this site to get around this issue.  Im not sure if you did it purposefully or not, but the same thing occurred in your comment.  

Anyway, I hope that clears up why this may have happened. I am sure that it was a matter of the copy/paste issue here and not because he failed to pay attention to the basic conventions of the type-written English language. Also, I am enjoying reading your newly posted story, GlamRock.  :-)

• Upvote 1

So sorry guys.  I didn't even notice the spacing issue.  I'll try to correct it.  Thanks for pointing it out.  I did, indeed, have spaces in it originally.  I think some computer bugs at 'em all up.  Sorry.

• 2 years later...