My Twin Moves On (Chapter 13)

Florida20

I promised myself I’d finish this story before the end of the year and it looks like I may just make it. Chapter 13 is the second-to-last installment of the story and that is nearly complete. Expect it to be posted in the next week or two. Enjoy!

Chapters 1-12

CHAPTER 13

Rhys's first reaction when he saw me lying naked on the floor in the vicinity of a giant elderly man was one of embarrassment. "Sorry" escaped his lips and he started to shut the door before common sense kicked him in the nuts and forced him to take another look. 

"Ryan...what the hell is going on?" he asked as he strolled in the door. His roommate Kevin, now a bronzed god standing in a tight white sleeveless shirt, was at his back. Kevin didn't even notice me as he strolled in. He could only stare slack-jaw at the form lying on his bed. 

Rhys saw only me and I loved him for it. Whether it was the uncomfortable pause or a look in my eyes, my brother's face darkened. It was then he noticed the IV bag and the tubes running out of my body. He immediately ripped the IV needles out before looking questioningly at the thick blood filled ones. 

"What the fuck?" I heard Kevin say as he stood over Dr Fitz. He reached out to touch him but my brother reached over and slapped his hand away. He immediately put a finger over his mouth in a gesture for him to shut it. I heard Fitz give a deep guttural groan as he shifted his mass before going silent again.

Kevin did as he was told but his eyes never left the bed. I still don't know if he noticed I was even here. 

"What's going on?" Rhys whispered as he squatted down next to me. I tried to make my mouth work but all that came out was a barely audible squeak. My brother continued to stare at me, his ripped forearms resting on each knee as his mind worked feverously to piece this puzzle togehter. I did everything I could to say something or even move. Perhaps those suffocating chains weren't as tight now that their source was gone but I still couldn't budge them. Rhys' eyes grew questioning but he focused his attention on the tubes and then the quietly humming machine just to my left. He fumbled with it a moment before pressing something. The humming stopped. 

With that, my brother resorted to shaking me. Nothing. He stood up and paced a moment before looking at me again. "Can you blink for me?" he whispered. 

I blinked in response just as I heard Dr Fitz begin to moan again. It wasn't the weak panting of an elderly man. It was deep and guttural, like a bear growling from a cave. Panic returned. He was waking up. My brother and Kevin together would not be able to overpower him. Rhys returned his attention to me. 

"One blink yes. Two blinks no," he began. "Are you in trouble?"

Yes, I blinked. 

"Do you know what's going on?"

A pause. Yes, I said. 

Dr Fitz's arm twitched and rose up, making his arm bulge in a way that made both Rhys and Kevin take an awe-inspired step back. 

"Do you know who this is?" Rhys asked. 

YES! I blinked. Stop him! I tried to tell him. 

Rhys looked back at the giant and I heard the bed groan as he shifted his weight. 

"Rick?" Fitz asked with a deep groggy voice as his hand went to his eyes. 

It's too late, I thought with dismay. Rhys only stared at me with those shadowed eyes, his mind working.

"Should he stay asleep?" he asked. 

I blinked as if my life depended on it and actually felt my head nodding just as the monster on Kevin's bed started to sit up. He was massive. Nearly four hundred pounds of shredded monster sat up and began to scratch the sleep from his eyes. I found it impossible to comprehend that was me mere hours ago. He was a god.

His head was still bald yet the liver spots had faded. His face looked nothing like the ancient man from before save for the gnarled grey eyebrows. His cheeks were full and his once foggy eyes sharp, if sleepy. The rest of his body was every bit the youthful giant I once was. The shirt that hung on him like a tent before was now tattered rags hanging from the granite slabs of his body. 

"Rick?" Fitz asked again. He lowered his hand and, when he saw my brother, every muscle on his body flexed involuntarily. "You’re not Rick" his voice boomed. 

As I mentally gave up hope that this rescue would work, my brother reached down and grabbed the IV tubes lying on the floor. In a flash that even the newly improved Ben Fitz couldn't defend, Rhys maneuvered the dripping needles in his fist and stabbed then into the monster's meaty neck. 

Fury painted itself across Fitz's face as he tried to reach up and grab the needles. But there was enough residual medicine in his body for the newly concentrated injection to work almost immediately. His hand barely made it to his shoulder before his fingers spasmed. Then his arm twitched and fell limp to the bed. He gave one final twitch then fell from the seated position back onto the mattress and grew silent. 

I felt a breath I didn’t know I was holding leave my body in a hush. My brother's face was ashen and his eyes filled with fear. Kevin just stood in his corner, mouth agape. I could have hugged my brother had my arms worked. The thought made my finger twitch. 

The minutes wore on but my brother was patient with me. Kevin proved to be no help in this situation so Rhys told him to get food and not tell anyone a thing. After a longing look at the frozen giant on the bed he did as he was told. Rhys picked me up like easily and lay me on his collapsed mattress. I was able to see Fitz from this vantage point and saw he was still breathing. 

"Thanks" was the first word out of my mouth. "Fitz" was the second. My brother stared at the strange creature with newfound intensity. 

"I guess you were right all along," was all he said. I was never so grateful to have a twin. He had an inexplicable inkling of my thoughts as I did his. And that saved me today. 

After fifteen minutes, I was able to move my arms with only moderate difficulty. My speech improved slowly and I gave Rhys a slurred and broken rendition of what happened as feeling slowly returned to my body. 

To say I was in pain would be an understatement. I felt as if I'd been released from a medieval torture rack. My body didn't feel right; too long in some places, too tight in others. Visually, aside from the slight bagginess of my skin I looked normal but, oh, the horrors within. 

"I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see that happened to Fitz," Rhys said as I completed my story. "And then there's this," he added as he flexed his bare arm. A nineteen inch boulder erupted from his Caribbean-tanned arm. Even though mine were nearly half again as big six hours ago, I would have been more than content to be his size. I tried to make peace with the model look I was again sporting. 

Rhys saw my sadness and lowered his arm. "How big were you?" he asked carefully. 

I sighed and nodded towards the paralyzed and sleeping Fitz. 

My brother whistled. "Wow. Don't tell Kevin that. He's completely obsessed with size as if you couldn't tell by his man crush on ol' Fitzy back there." Rhys looked at me. "He's the real reason I'm like this, you know? I just followed in his footsteps. I'm big enough, bro. No need to worry I'll become the monster laying over there."

I tried to give him an assured look. I didn't tell him he was already a monster compared to me. I also said nothing about how I'd become every bit as obsessed as his roommate.

“So this dorm is Dr. Powers’ laboratory”, my brother said thoughtfully as the anesthesia wore off. “Specimens, supply room, and all.”

"Dr Powers!" I choked as I sat up. My back creaked and I pulled a muscle in my side but I could only stare at the door. "I forgot all about him. Where is he?"

My brother pushed me back down. "You're can't chase after him like this," he said gently. 

"The hell I can't. I'm not just going to wait for him to come back and take you too."

I got to my feet carefully and tried to stand up. After a few tries and with my brother’s help I finally hit vertical. 

"Where do you think he is?" Rhys asked as I wrapped my arm around his back and grabbed ahold of his bulging lat for support. 

"Last I saw, he went chasing after your friend Cody and his gang."

"What did he want with them?"

"I--" I thought for a moment. "I don't know." I paused. "They've changed too Rhys."

"Changed?" He looked at me. "Change like you changed?"

I thought back to the basement gym then over to Fitz...and gulped. "More."

Rhys looked incredulous. 

"I mean it," I said defensively. "They took the remaining pills from your room and downed all of them. Last I saw they were well over eight feet tall and had to weigh five hundred pounds."

Rhys smirked. 

"Then they took a whole pill on top of that! Who knows what they look like now."

"Ok, bro," Rhys said. "Let’s go see ‘em."

I resisted. "They've changed," I started. 

"I know. You just told me that."

"No, mentally too," I said. "These pills...it's like a never ending steroidal orgasm. You lose yourself in it. At least, temporarily. The bigger I got the longer it would last. And I spread it out over days, these guys grew overnight."

"Relax," Rhys said as he helped me get into a pair of shorts. "They're my friends. Besides, whatever’s in that bag keeping Ben asleep isn’t going to last forever. We’re going to need some added muscle on our side."

I looked at the semi-conscious and still huge Dr Fitz. "He's not going anywhere right now," Rhys said. 

I reluctantly agreed and let my oversized twin guide me down the hall. The walking helped. By the time I made it to the other end, I was able to support myself, if awkwardly. 

Rhys knocked but there was no answer so he tried the door, finding it locked. Rhys shrugged and pulled a key out of his pocket. "Told you we were friends,” he said when I gave him an inquisitive look. “Kevin or I would hang out in here if the other was getting laid. Who knows, maybe we’ll find some of those pills you’re so interested in.”

Rhys opened the door and revealed a scene that stopped us dead in our tracks. The room was built for three occupants instead of two and was quite a bit larger than my brothers' double. The beds were on their sides and pushed against the wall make room. Rhys’ four titan friends were sitting against the walls, as naked as they were downstairs but not nearly as massive. Although beautiful specimens, they were “only” about 300 pounds each. The familiar IV bags were hanging from a stand over each of their heads. Two blood lines ran from each of them to yet another machine and the combined eight erupted from it to a figure beyond what even the last few hours would have made me think possible. 

Dr. Powers was sprawled across the width and length of the room, slowly absorbing the other boys ounce by ounce. He was…unbelievable. His form took up most of the room’s square footage, arms and legs at strange angles to meet the natural contours of the room and its contents. The age had disappeared from his face save the silvery hair. From there his body exploded. Giant traps rose up like mountains, forming almost a pillow behind his head. His shoulders, traversed with inch deep ravines and pencil-thick veins, were the size of giant pumpkins. His arms were each larger than my waist, with vascular and striated triceps lifting his arms off the floor. Six-inch deep slabs of stone made up a chest which masked his face with the rise of each slumbering breath. Lats like wings flared out and acted like a mattress under his rapidly expanding frame. Each block of his abs were the size of an actual brick and just as hard. His abs were mostly hidden beneath a completely erect dick the size of my arm. His legs. Oh, shit, his legs. Each of his quads must have weighed as much as me. Muscle cabled over muscle and twitched as much as an inch as they grew right before my eyes. The man was covered in a sheen of sweat which set his body ablaze in contrasting light.

All-in-all, the man must have been ten feet tall and growing. I could see his giant feet visibly creeping across the floor as his body grew longer. In minutes they would hit a wall and start breaking through the plaster. Then the sleeping giant would awaken.

The only sound was that of Powers’ slumbered breathing, which reminded me of air rushing into a cave. I gave my brother a nod as I rested against a wall. Rhys, meanwhile, moved stealthily across the room towards the first two paralyzed boys. One was out cold but the other followed him with hope-filled eyes.  Rhys pulled the anesthesia needles from their arms and began to make his way over the ever-growing Dr. Powers to the other two. Cody was one of them and sat unconscious and slumped against that wall, legs still those of a champion cyclist but nothing compared to the seventy inch boulders Rhys had to step over to reach him. After pulling the tube from his arm, he turned to the final victim and leaned over to remove his tube as well.

That’s when the laugh started. It was a deep, evil sound that stopped Rhys in his tracks. That’s when I saw Dr. Powers’ massive body began to move. His right leg bent at the knee and his calf exploded in size with the slightest twitch of his foot. Too awestruck to speak I could only watch as the titan moved to sit up and simultaneously reach his gigantic iron hand around my brother’s neck. Still seated, Powers’ head was level with my brother’s chin. Rhys struggled against his grip which only made the monsters gigantic arm muscles swell like leaden balloons.

“I don’t know how you freed yourself, boy,” Dr. Powers growled. “But I see you had to give up some of your size.” Then Powers made as if to stand. Every muscle in his body writhed over each other as he lifted his gargantuan frame up. Facing away from me, all I could see was a back as wide as a barn door rise over a pair of unnaturally striated glutes and send Powers’ head through the ceiling. Plaster and rock rained down on the four seated boys and sunlight streamed in from the hole.

“Auggh!” Dr. Powers moaned as he tore down large chunks of the roof with his free hand to make room for his still growing frame. He still held my brother by the neck like a rag doll, his feet dangling a foot above the ground and face turning purple. “I am a GOD to you,” the man bellowed to no one in particular. And he flexed his arms as he stretched his chest and pinched his back. The chaotic sea of muscle rolled across his body, raging red with blood and pulsing as they grew. My mind raced and my eyes darted wildly across the room for something to save my brother.

I looked up just in time to see my brother take the three anesthesia tubes he held and, with the last of his failing strength, reach up and jab them into the monster’s neck. My stomach tightened and the world seemed to stop. For a moment, Dr Powers only stared at my brother with those cold bombardier eyes. My brother looked back at him with challenging eyes that slowly began to lose focus. Then Powers’ tilted his head back and laughed again. It was a horrible sound and made me want to vomit. “It’s going to take more than that, boy,” he said.

Now with enough space to stretch, Dr. Powers did just that. He spread his arms out wide, my brother dangling wildly in his outstretched hand like he was nothing. Powers tested his body as if waking up from a month long hibernation. Muscles I thought were flexed before now exploded as, all across his body, ravines grew deeper, muscle grew thicker, and veins bulged larger. He roared in victory and in that moment of dark desperation I found a possible savior.

There, lying at the giant’s still growing feet was the thin black rod he’d used to knock me out earlier that day. The mere sight of it still sent a painful shiver down my spine but it was my only hope. I pushed myself off the wall and made my way awkwardly across the room. Pieces of debris rained all around me as Dr. Powers absorbed himself in the majesty of his own body. His free hand explored his naked body and he moaned in pleasure as his muscles flexed beneath them.

A couple steps further and I was close enough to reach out and touch him. My eyes were level with the base of his back. From this close proximity I could see his body in ever more impressive detail. Every fiber of muscle flared beneath his skin. It was all I could do to take my eyes off his frame and reach down to the black rod.

I didn’t have much time. I found what appeared to be a trigger and made a frantic search of the rest of the contraption. I’d only had one shot and it had to work. On one end I found a dial imprinted with numbers ranging from one to ten. It was currently set on three and without hesitation I upped the value to ten. I didn’t know if that would merely sting this monster or kill him. Judging by the darkening purple of my brother’s face, I didn’t care if it was the latter as long as he let him go. I turned the oversized cattle prod in my hands, ready to fire.

Then I noticed how quiet it was. Heart racing, I looked up and was horrified to see Powers’ staring down at me from over his gargantuan pecs, his face contorted in confusion. Instead of reaching down and ending me, he merely looked back at my brother choking in his grip.

“There are two of you?” he questioned.

I took advantage of the situation.

“Damn right,” I heard myself scream as I jammed the business end into the dense meat of his thigh. “Now let my brother go, you giant fuck.”

Then I pulled the trigger.

The room was suddenly filled with the hiss of a thousand snakes and Dr. Powers flew across the room as if launched by a catapult. I shielded my eyes as he crashed into the closet and through the wall into the bathroom on the other side. A wave of drywall and plaster rolled towards me like a dust storm as the room grew silent save the desperate hacking and deep breaths of my now freed brother. As the dust cleared, I saw Dr. Powers crumpled body lying under a damaged sink. His eyes were shut but his massive chest still rose and fell with breath. He was alive. I looked down at the black rod and saw that the other end had basically exploded. It would not be shocking anyone again soon.

Dropping the rod, I gathered the now freed anesthesia needles from the chaos of the room and pulled them along with the connected IV bags into the bathroom. Without care, I reinserted them into Powers’ neck with a not-so-graceful jab. I also did my best to up the dose on the IV bags to as high as it would allow. I had no idea if that would even keep him under but it was worth a shot.

As my adrenaline fell, my senses began to focus on things other than the unconscious monster. I looked over to see my brother on his hands and knees still relishing the fact he could breathe. The other four boys, now a paltry two hundred pounds of shredded muscle, were now all awake but still immobile save their wildly rolling eyes. The wreckage of the open roof and caved in wall largely spared them but the entire room was littered with flotsam and slowly settling dust. I also heard distant voices and was suddenly aware that this event hadn’t occurred in a vacuum. A quick peak out of the window revealed a small and slowly growing mass of students racing from the building. It must have sounded like an earthquake to them and they were smartly exiting the building. Among the crowd, I saw McKenzie among the crowd, standing cross-armed and nervous like an amazon among the rest of the impressively built crowd that surrounded her.

I didn’t have much time. I turned to see my brother, still coughing but cognizant, now on the other side of the hole in the wall and looking over the slumbering Dr. Powers. He appeared to be inspecting whether the blood tubes were still attached to his body. I also noticed he’d gathered the other ends and held them in a free hand. In the other hand was the machine responsible for moving the blood from one body to another.

“What are you doing?” I asked carefully.

• Upvote 22

To be honest, I really thought Rhys was a part of a closed door organization by the Doctors and the honor students.  I really thought it was going to by Rhys saying something like. "Should have went to the Caribbean with us but you had to be nosy."  I'm glad it didn't turn out that way. 

• Upvote 2