Azerreza

I do agree it's hard for me to read because of the grammar issues.  To put it visually, it's like walking in a dark forest.  You keep runing into trees.  

I suggest maybe having someone proofread before you post.

I know I'm guilty of impatiently posting stories too when I have them.  I like hearing constructive feedback on them no matter how damning it may feel.  I can only improve if it is constructive. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2021 at 2:20 PM, gentlemanbear said:

I suspect this uproar from the fragile of character arises from  those whose language skills are distinctly lacking as a means of defending their own ignorance. Looks to me like a few people are feeling 'attacked'.Great false dichotomy there, Wild. 

WTaF does this not being a "competitive" activity, or seeking "perfection" for that matter, have to do with the practically non-existent English language skills exhibited in this story?

"Perfection"? HA!

How about just basic grammar skills? This didn't even have the linguistic coherence or general level of skill of "Fun with Dick and Jane".

Those who are jumping in to beat on me for my post are encouraging people to massacre the language, to use "pidgin" English, at best. It's astounding, even horrific.

As for being a gentleman, gentlemen don't allow people to embarrass themselves this way, and the person who made that comment doesn't know the 

Funny how everyone has ignored the author's own response to my evaluation,

AND the fact that I offered to HELP him revise and correct this, to help transform this into something actually enjoyable for light reading in, you know,  like, English.

After re-reading this story today and accidently making the mistake of looking at its comments again, I saw that you just had to add to this again.

There are no requirements for creative works in general. If you don't like something because it's clearly not up your standard just close it and leave it be. It's clearly not for you. Or maybe even write something friendly and helpful if you see potential.

Imagine this was a piece of drawn art and you'd be the jerk criticizing the creator for daring to upload something not skilled enough for your personal liking.

What I find very sad is that you seem to believe, that nobody but you noticed this. Additionally, that even 5 months later you needed to add this second comment where you also lash out to everyone else that doesn't agree with you.

Yes, I too have had trouble reading this, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it. Once you get into the groove you just scan over the sentences and correct/fill in the gaps in your head. So it's basically like a rough script to guide your imagination. The story plays out in your head.

The fact that you are incapable of enjoying it that way is totally fine. English as a language and English writing seem to be your passion. But your addition to this was negative, egocentric and insulting.

Your choice of words is everything but constructive. I remember a bad time in my life when a comment like that would just have made me drop my creative work and feel like shit. And I have a feeling something like that was your actual intention.

Just to finish this off, here's a little something to think about: What would happen if every non-native-English writer on this site starts uploading exclusively in their language because their English is not up to some standard? Well, we'd most certainly have a wonderfully active and big spanish community here, and a third less content for everyone else. I would be publishing in German, others in French, etc.

People choose to put in extra effort to write in English just for the community. Just to share and communicate all in a language most can read. Thus, the Internet is full of different kinds of English content with different levels of lingual skill.

Believe me, I wish the dominant language in the world would be something like German. You can say things with so much more nuance while keeping it short, compared to English. But this is what we have and what we stick to, simply so we can all connect.

I recommend to consider these things and simply not say anything if something isn't "up your standard" on an international forum.

• Like 2