Pinned 4th Annual Storiversary General Discussion

CMiller

1 hour ago, londonboy said:

I'm putting the final touches on mine for July 14th.  I'm looking forward to it.  A big thank you to everyone who's submitted a story.    

Patiently waiting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sithspawn said:

I dunno.  I think this has pretty much died anyway.  We're 7 days into July and only have 3 stories to show for it, what's happened to all the people who were meant to be submitting stories?

It always happened this way. All the dates are filled then a few met the required day...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Psuace said:

I have another story in the wings.  It was written for my current Muscle Worship series, but I can easily make a few changes and submit here, if needed (or wanted for that matter - LOL)

Ditto. I had two stories that I was exploring for this and then decided to edit a third, older, story that I had never posted. I could try to finish one of those other two and post that :)

• Like 1

It is a shame that another year and we have people who aren't posting on their assigned day. This happened last year and I was disappointed then as well. I'm sure it's easy for me because I'm not creating the content or sign up for it, but based on honor, if you make a commitment, you should fulfill it. Here's to hoping the rest of the month goes well...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It is disappointing that so many people aren't meeting their obligations.  I'm not surprised.

BUT, having seen the overall authors list, I saw many names that I know we can all count on.  Heck, even if we only get a 50% success rate, that is a new story by a proven author on average every other day.  And that is great!  And I bet we stay over 50% too.   So don't get discouraged!

I would also add, perhaps if this storyversary continues in the coming years, maybe we implement some sort of punishment for those who sign up and don't contribute.   Like maybe if someone signs up for a day and then flakes with no warning or explanation, they are banned for a month.  Just a thought. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, dredlifter said:

I would also add, perhaps if this storyversary continues in the coming years, maybe we implement some sort of punishment for those who sign up and don't contribute.   Like maybe if someone signs up for a day and then flakes with no warning or explanation, they are banned for a month.  Just a thought. 

I think this was also discussed last year in regards to talks about a punishment. The unfortunate part is that this is a free platform. There is no consequence for signing up for this event. And because it's free and people are just volunteering to participate. They aren't getting paid or receiving commission for their work. So, there isn't really a downside to those who sign up and volunteer except maybe reading about the disappointment people have and denying the opportunity for other authors to participate. 

My only solution is to have an admin/moderator take note of those who failed to produce from this year (and past year's) event(s) and prevent them from participating in future events. If the admin/moderators want to be more strict and enforce the ban for a month idea, I'm fine with that too. Just my thoughts. 

My thought is to have the author submit the story in advance and choose a date for posting and one of the moderators could post on the assigned date.  This way the topic could be filled daily with content and everyone who is willing to put in the work will be recognized and appreciated.  I tend to be a carrot and not a stick believer (reward not punish). Just a thought.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This is why I was so panicky when I couldn't post. I had the story ready at 00:00 UK time on the 1st but there was no means of posting the story. Luckily the moderators sorted it and inserted a Start New Topic button. I didn't want to let anyone down. 

I don't know about banning people from the site if they fail to post though. Life does get in the way sometimes. Has anyone approached any of the writers who promised to post to find out if they're OK?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goremeridian said:

I don't know about banning people from the site if they fail to post though. Life does get in the way sometimes. Has anyone approached any of the writers who promised to post to find out if they're OK?

I completely agree with the idea that life gets in the way.  That's why I mentioned above only admonishing those who just completely flake with no explanation.  I'd be more than happy to be lenient with people who give advance warning that they won't have their story done on time.   That to me is completely fine!.

And I also don't think there should be a really strict punishment, that's why I would advocate something like just a month-long ban.  A little slap on the wrist for not following through on something that so much of the forum is looking forward too. 

Maybe I'm being too much of a hardass, lol.  But I do agree, every year this happens and it is disappointing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, goremeridian said:

I thought about messaging those who were supposed to post, but I didn't feel right coming out of left field. Didn't feel like I was in position to do anything about it. 

• Like 1