LoverBoy

It's been a fairly long time since I have posted anything here. However, I've had this one rattling around my head for a while now and decided to post it. So without further ado, I offer for your consumption...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Like"

Part 1

By: LoverBoy

"He's hot!"

I looked up from my phone at Jerrod. "What?"

He tilted his head toward the statue standing at the front of the display. "I said, 'he's hot'."

I looked at the statue. It was carved from a stone I couldn't identify that looked almost black as obsidian until you looked a bit closer and realized that it had a  subtle, reddish-broze hue when the light hit it from a certain angle. It was a crudely detailed, obviously male figure standing on a pedestal of some sort with his hands on his hips in a Superman pose. I say "obviously" male because, despite the crudeness of the detail, the figure had been sculpted with a sort of symmetrical  lumpiness to the overall form that suggested a hypermuscularity. And if that left any doubt, there was also the unmistakable, approximately ten inch protrusion sticking straight out from the pelvic region.  The lack of sophistication in tools and skill was also evident in the exaggerated proportions of the figure. An impossibly wide shoulders and upper torso tapered drastically to a tiny waist area, then swelled immensely outward again from the hips to what would be legs that were equally as gargantuan as the upper body. Without the added height of the pedestal, the whole statue would have stood easily at least eight feet in height. And on the pedestal was carved a symbol that resembled a stick figure man doing a double biceps pose.

I looked back at Jerrod, "Ya think so?"

Jared gave me a sultry leer. "Tell me you wouldn't let him pound you with that monster tool."

I looked skeptically at the ridiculously long, thick shaft protruding from the statue's groin, and bobbed my head back and forth as if giving it some thought. "Maybe. I just hope he's not a grower!"

We looked at each other for a moment before we both burst out laughing. My phone chimed, signaling that I just received a notification on Instagram. I straightened and composed myself as I checked. I had gotten twenty Likes on my latest pics. Before I could scroll any more, Jared grabbed my phone from my hands.

"God! Would you stop staring at your phone all the time!"

"Hey...!" I reached for the device only for him to extend his arm backward, moving the phone out my reach.

"What's wrong, Aaron? Afraid I'll see your naughty nudes...?", he teased.

I stepped forward to reach for my phone again, but this time he stepped in, blocking my path with his body. He lithely slipped his other arm around my waist and pulled me in, planting his lips firmly on mine effortlessly. As our mouths locked, I helplessly melted into him as we kissed. He was so good at this sort of thing. I forgot about the phone, and let my arms wrap around him. One hand glided over the expanse of his back, feeling the hard ripples of muscle through his shirt. The other hand went lower, coming to rest on the firmness of his ass.

Jerrod was on our school's swim team. They all had great bodies, as swimmers usually do, but none of them had an ass quite as perfectly round and firm as Jerrod's!  We broke the kiss, disentangling from each other. I was a bit breathless from the suddenness of the kiss, and wiped away a small bit of saliva I could feel on my lower lip.

"What was that for?" I said breathlessly.

"For?", he said quizzically, "I didn't know I needed a reason to kiss my boyfriend" he said with mock dismay and a mischievous smirk.

I stood there for a moment, feeling my cheeks flush as I noticed a few glances from other people nearby looking at the exhibit.

"Awww, you're so cute when you're embarrassed."

"Can I have my phone back now?"

He looked at my phone, "What're you looking at on here anyway...?" He swiped the screen a few times with his index finger and gave a low whistle. "Niiiiiiiiice...!"

I blushed again. The pictures I had uploaded were douchey, post-workout mirror pics from the locker room last night while Jerrod had been in the shower. I had made progress, increasing my max lift by five pounds and several reps. I had seen myself in the mirror while undressing for the shower, and thought I looked exceptionally ripped, so I snapped a few pics of my reflection with my phone. I'm not really very vain, but I had felt uncharacteristically confident and pumped, so I decided to post them on Instagram. To my surprise, they had received a small slew of Likes and even a few positive comments.

Jerrod tossed my phone to me. "See? I told ya you were making progress."

I felt my cheeks flush again,"Yeah...I guess so. I'll never look like you, though."

He smiled, taking a small step forward and placing a tender hand on my cheek. "Sure you will. With me guiding you, and encouraging you? You'll be a big'ol beefcake in no time."

Jerrod and I were sophomores in high school, but we had been best friends since fifth grade when he and his dads had moved in next door to my dad and I. We were so close, and so similar in appearance that some people mistook us for fraternal twins. And last summer, during a weekend at his dads' lake house, what began innocently as two best friends going for a swim in the warm, waning light of a late  4th of July afternoon turned into an intense makeout session on the boat dock of the lake! The first for both of us. Neither of us had had any clue what we were supposed to be doing. Rather, we had just given into something we had known was there for a long time. When we came walking back to the house holding hands, the only responses we got were a knowing smile and a shake of the head from my dad, and a more boistrous "'Bout time!" from Rick, the older of Jerrod's dads. We had been inseparable for the rest of the summer, and every day since.

"I dare you to touch it!"

I came out of the reverie with a shake of my head at Jerrod's words, "What...?"

"I said 'touch it'!" Jerrod was looking at me expectantly. He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, and tilted his head sideways in the direction of the statue. "Go'head...I dare ya!"

I looked at the statue, then back at Jerrod incredulously, "No!"

"Awww, c'mon! No one will see you. Just hop under the rope, and give his tool a quick tap. Easy. Won't take five seconds."

I looked around, trying to find some excuse not to, but the other museum goers that had been nearby were gone. "There's cameras, dumbass!"

He sighed with mock disappointment. "Scaredy cat! Well, if you won't..."

Before I could stop him, Jerrod had slipped nimbly under the velvet rope, and stepped toward the statue with his hand outstretched toward the statue's exaggerated phallus. With a quick glance around and a curse under my breath, I ducked under the rope after him. I stepped up behind him to grab his arm and haul him back, but a split second before I could get a hold of him, he sidestepped. With a lightning fast turn to the left, he moved from between me and the statue, and I felt my balance shift into a forward momentum. I stumbled forth toward the statue, and felt my hand come into contact with something rock hard and cylindrical. I looked down to see my hand resting solidly on the phallus of the stone figure. Before I could pull my hand away, my vision blanked!

I was overcome with a feeling like standing in a massive chamber of pitch black darkness. An indescribably deep, resounding sound reached my ears. I realized it was the sound of someone chuckling and it made my skin crawl! As I looked around in the impenetrable darkness for the source of the noise, Two glowing points of light winked into view some distance away. They were low and smouldering like the embers of a fire that had all but burned out, but they cast an almost golden light, like someone holding a flashlight up behind a piece of amber.

The voice came again from the direction of the twin lights in an almost yawning tone "At last...!"

A cold sort of frisson of fear ran over my scalp and down my spine as I realized that the lights were two glowing eyes peering at me from the obsidian darkness! They moved as if their owner were standing up and walking toward me, and I tried to turn frantically and run away...

...Only to collide heavily with Jerrod who was standing directly behind me! We fell to the floor of the museum in a frantic tangle of limbs. I am not afraid to admit that a panicked yelp of unadulterated terror escaped me as I believed for a moment that the figure in the darkness had grabbed a hold of me! Jerrod sat up and grabbed my shoulders, steadying me as I looked about in fear.

"What the hell, Aaron?! What's wrong...?"

"He's going to get me!!!"

Jerrod grabbed my face between his hands, and held me steady, gazing directly into my eyes. "Who's going to get you?!"

I calmed some as I looked around, realizing I was sitting on the floor of the museum, "It..it was...I...I don't...I don't know...! What...what happened...?"

Jerrod's expression was of complete concern, "I'm not sure. The second you touched the statue, you yanked your hand back like it was electrified", he spoke carefully. "Then you turned around with a look on your face like you had just seen the Devil in the flesh. Then you nearly ran me over!"

"I..I didn't go anywhere?"

"No. It was only a couple of seconds. You were here the whole time. Why? What do you think happened?"

I cast about, still feeling the lingering touch of anxiety. "I don't know. I think...I think I had some sort of hallucination."

Jerrod looked at me skeptically. "What did you see?"

I tried to remember, but what I saw seemed to be slipping from my memory. All I could remember was...

"Eyes!"

"Eyes...?"

"Yes! I remember eyes!"

He looked at me again with uncertainty, "Eyes...well, that's...weird! Ow!"

I punched him in the arm, "Don't make fun of me! It was a hallucination, it's supposed to be weird!"

Jerrod stood up, and took my hand, lifting me to my feet easily. "I think we need to get something to eat. We haven't had anything since breakfast, and we totally missed lunch. It's almost four o'clock. I think your brain is starving. We need to get it some nutrients, pronto!"

As we left the room the exhibit was in, two security guards walked up to us. "We saw you guys sitting on the floor on the security feed. What were you doing?"

I went to reply, but Jerrod spoke up first, "Nothing, nothing. My boyfriend here had a panic attack, that's all. No harm done."

The taller, of the two guards eyed me cautiously, "You know, you're not supposed to touch the exhibits, Sir."

I shot Jerrod a piercing look, and he cleared his throat, speaking hurriedly. "Ahem, yeah, that was my fault. I dared him." He motioned back toward the exhibit and the statue "See? No harm done. Won't happen again. We're leaving, I promise!"

I must have looked a little shaken still because the older security guard gave me a once over with his eyes, "You sure you're okay, son?"

I nodded, wanting to leave quickly before they thought I might have done something to the exhibit, "Yeah, yeah...I...I'm fine." I tried giving him a reassuring smile that only marginally succeeded, "I j-just need some fresh air."

"Okay", he said, unconvinced, "If you're sure."

And with that, we left the exhibit hall on our way to leave the museum. As we did, I dared a fleeting glance back at the statue. The afternoon rays of the sun were beaming in brightly through the museum windows. It must have been a trick of the light, but I thought for a moment as we left that the statue seemed to be smiling at me and the symbol on the statue's base was glowing a fain yellow, almost amber color.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 2 to follow soon, I hope.

LB

• Like 17

Have to admit, it felt good to finally post again! 😊

For anyone wondering:

- Yes, there is a sequel to "Just. Take. One...!"

- No, it probably won't be posted any time soon. But any of our authors here should feel free to take a crack at a sequel, should inspiration strike! <hint, hint!>

I keep starting on the sequel, then the story gets away from me. There's either too much description, or too much exposition, and not enough dialogue. Or, in one case, I began writing a sequel and it evolved into an entirely different story that had nothing to do with  "Just. Take. One!". However, i liked what I had written, and didn't have the heart to delete what I had already done and didn't have the motivation to go back and start again on the correct story line. Instead, i now have not one, but two incomplete story fragments languishing on my hard drive and now clue where to go with the story to complete either of them.

In the interim, I owe some of you an apology for the false sequel that got posted some time ago. At the time, I had something prepared, but my laptop was experiencing an identity crisis and i lost everything. I tried to delete the post and ended up posting a blank thread. So, apologies for that.

But in lieu of a sequel to "Just. Take. One...!", I decided to post this little idea that has been knockin' around my brain for a while. So, I hope you all enjoy!

*Kisses* MWAH!!!!

LB

• Like 1