A friend at last

Supercrav

On 11/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, Aalereon said:

Awesome story! Congrats.

May I suggest fixing a tiny mistake with the names? Jack, Jake, Frank

You're absolutely right. I settled for Jake.

" Nothing much... I've been in a fight.

- One fight? Looks like you've been through several!

- Am I disfigured that much?" Jake said with a smile.

" Oh no, you're still very beautiful," Gunther started to blush there. "It even gives you a tough, rugged look. But it must have been some brutal stuff.

- I'll tell you all about that, buddy, but for now, let me simply rejoice in seeing you again after so long. I really missed you man, you have no idea."

Gunther had to pick his friend off the ground had that point to give him a big hug.

" I missed you too, my Jake" the intonations in Gunther's voice clearly showed how emotional he was."I thought about you every day."

Gunther brought Jake back to the floor and smiled  stupidly at him, misty eyed.

" Well you've certainly kept yourself busy big guy. You've managed to grow even more humongous!

- Hehe, that's true, yes. I'm glad you noticed.

- So... you don't have any clothes fitting you anymore?

- Oh, no, I have some, but... I had almost forgot you were arriving today, remembered as I was going to take a shower, so I just grabbed some shorts and rushed here.

- Barefoot, even?

- Well, er, yes... I really didn't want to miss your train, and... I just live a few blocks from this station, you know... what about we go to my place by the way?

- Sure, great idea. Thanks."

Gunther crouched to grab Jake's little luggage, then put his other hand across Jake's back, and they left the station for Gunther's apartment.

On the street, which was quite busy around a major train station in the city at that time of the day, the commotion caused by Gunther's almost naked physique was important.

Jake could feel Gunther getting more and more nervous as they walked.

Poor Gunther, Jake thought, he who is so shy, always trying to hide in the shadows of small, deserted streets at late hours, he's really making a great effort right there. I really wasn't sure he would be at the station to greet me , but not only he was, he even came wearing nothing but a minuscule garment around his waist, probably just make me happy by exposing as much of his musculature as he could.

So, after a short walk Gunther squeezed his body though the door of his apartment, and Jake followed right behind, closing the door after him.

In the living room, the table was nicely set for two, a few flowers in a small vase, and three candles ready to get lit.

Jake displayed excessive surprise at the sight of this, but genuine joy. Gunther looked very pleased with himself already.

" Gunther, you had planned dinner for the two of us? That is so great!" said Jake, while thinking here goes the forgot-the-day-had-no-time-to-put-clothing-on excuse.

" Jake, sit down, everything is ready, just give me fifteen minutes to get things in motion will you? You can open the wine if you want, it's already on the table.

So Jake sat at the table while Gunther feverishly prepared the dish in the kitchen area behind the counter, Jake offered his help to Gunther, who repeatedly refused, and after almost half an hour Gunther arrived with a plate in each hand, saying "voilaaa!"

Gunther's plate was considerably larger, looked more like a bucket than a plate in fact.

The meal was nothing to write here about. Nice presentation, but awful. Gunther wasn't much of a cook. But the wine was excellent, and the second bottle confirmed it.

" Gunther, thank you very much for that delicious dinner, you really outdone yourself, what an excellent surprise. Thank you.

- Oh, I know I can't cook very well, but I tried my best...

- And it was perfect. Cheers mate" and they clinked their glasses.

" You know, Jake... I'm still very curious about these bruises on your face. And your arms."

Jake took a sip, and one long breath.

" My friend, I have to tell you what my absence during the last two months really was about. I didn't want to lie to you, I'm sorry I have, but... I really didn't want to leave you with a bad image of me, and I didn't want you to get worried, neither.

- I was getting crazy waiting for you to come back, you weren't answering your phone, you called me a few times with a private number, always at the same time in the middle of my workout, I wasn't even sure it was you when I managed to answer my phone...

- Gunther I was in a federal prison in Nebraska.

- What have you done?

- It doesn't matter, it was an old issue.

- But...

- Don't get mad at me. You know, when we first met I was a little crook, and you've asked me to clean up my act, and I did it for you, and I knew I had this sentence over my head in Nebraska, so I went there to serve it. To be, like, really clean, you know?

- I'm not mad at you, not at all, it was very brave of you, and me I imagined the worst... I was so scared to lose you.

- I never stopped thinking about you. First chance I had, I bribed a guard just to have a picture of you printed on a large scale, so I could have a poster of you next to my bed.

- Really?

- I've kept it, as a souvenir. I'll show you. Some guys outside of my cell started noticing the poster, and quickly called me a fag. Mocking me, which is ironic when you know the stuff that happen in jail. Several thought I'd be a easy free ride in the shower, and I fought fiercely to not let that happen, as much as possible. I told them it was my very best friend in that picture, that I was missing him, you, and nobody believed I could be the friend of a man like that. They called me a liar. They called me "sissy pants on fire".

- Rough.

- Once, in the showers, I defended myself particularly well and sent the guy to sick bay for a couple of weeks.

- Well done.

- Not that much, the guy was the right-hand man of Billy Zuccho, head of the most influential and powerful gang in the house. Zuccho didn't care much about me before that, but from that day he had me beaten up as much as he could. He got released from his eight years of time one week before mine, I still got the beatings, and on the day I of my own release, he was outside waiting for me with a few guys, they dragged me into a field and I received a extensive, personal beating from the Zuccho himself.

- Holy shit.

- Hence the extra ten days it took me before riding back. Hence my face, too.

- Billy Zuccho, you say...?

- Yes...

- In Nebraska?

- He's from there, yes. Runs some shady strip club in Kearney or so I heard."

Jake lit a cigarette, and looked up at Gunther for very scary sight.

Gunther was all red, teeth grinding, his knife crunched in one hand and the fork in the other, his upper body in full contraction, veins pulsating all over, the giant really looked ready to burst.

" Gunther...?

- I... gonna... KILL THE MOTHERFUCKER!!!"
  • Like 9