Deano's Summer: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

34 minutes ago, stewbake said:

You mean this gets better? Sign me up for any tours, I'll be on the next flight home!

Get out of my head @stewbake, if both guys are on fire, we'll can join!

1 hour ago, muscleaddict said:

Haha - well I'm not sure I can promise you crispy socks but I can take you to the pub Ryan and Deano go to which @stewbake no doubt knows of. Will try and get the next one up at the weekend! 😊

Don't you dare @muscleaddict!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Eighteen

I must have changed my t-shirt about five bloody times. I know I’m being ridiculous. I see Ryan practically every day I’m at the gym. But we’ve never arranged to meet up like this before. I’ve never sat around in my room waiting for him to pick me up.

I have no idea what the plan is. Whether we’re going straight to his or doing something else. I don’t even know for sure that’s anything’s going to happen between me and Ryan today. All I know is that I can’t fucking wait to see him. To just be with him. 

I thought about wearing the Deano’s Gym t-shirt for a third time. I know he joked about me wearing it but it feels a bit too eager to actually do so. Maybe even a bit desperate. I (finally) decide on a tight white t-shirt and skinny jeans combo. With the light blue round earrings in my ears. I mostly chose the jeans because they basically make my arse look fucking huge. 

Ryan texts me to tell me he’s outside and my insides clench sharply. I’m not sure whether I’m more nervous or excited. He's smiling giddily at me as I climb into his car. Fucking hell. I get the impression that he’s noticed I’m nervous. 

He looks so fucking fit today. Still bronzed from the weekend and wearing a tight fitted bright yellow t-shirt and skinny jeans his massive thighs look ridiculous in. His huge, swollen arms bulging around and under the yellow fabric of his t-shirt sleeves. He must have changed out of his normal work attire after his shift. He must have changed for me. Just sitting next to him, I’m fucking swelling in my jeans already. 

“You okay?” he asks, with this cheeky little smirk.

I nod and bite my lip and he just gives me this smile, like he thinks I’m being cute or something. He reaches across and gently tickles my leg. Fuuuck. I’m back here again. In the passenger seat of Ryan’s car. Feeling like I want to melt.

He asks me if I’ve eaten, which I haven’t, then asks me what I fancy. I suggest pizza and then think, wait - is this a date? Am I going on a date with a guy?

Not long after and we’re walking through the South Laines trying to find somewhere to eat. So many people are looking at us. I’m walking next to Ryan when he suddenly leans over my shoulder and looks down in the direction of my arse. His eyes comically widen as he checks it out. I shake my head, rolling my tongue around the inside of my cheek to stop from smiling so much. 

Ryan blows his cheeks out and shakes his head. Then he puts his hand to his mouth and bites down on his knuckle in this really stupid, funny way and lets out a pained groan. 

I can’t help laughing. “You’re such a fucking nerd!” I tell him.

He giddily grins. Then he looks down at my arse again and shouts, “OH MAMA!” at a ridiculously loud volume. 

I let out a shocked laugh and look at him wide-eyed as people around us turn and look. 

He leans into me. “Now THAT’S an ass!” he says in a low voice. I bite my lip and shake my head at him again as he leads me into an Italian restaurant. 

A little later on and we’re sitting at a table by a window waiting for our food. The waitress’s face was fucking priceless when she first saw us. She had this little smirk on her face when she looked at Ryan for the first time. 

He plays with his phone, then leans forward and looks at my lap with a quizzical look. “Any text messages today?”

I look at him confused. He raises an eyebrow and cheekily smirks as I get my phone out. He’s sent me a text. Two words. “DAT ASS!!”

I laugh and shake my head and he grins back at me. Fucking hell. It feels like a moment. I don’t think anyone’s made me feel like this before.  So, I dunno … sexy, I guess. I’d love to reach across and touch him. Rub my fingers over his forearms. Even just gently tickle the back of his hand. How does he smell even better than usual today? 

“I think the waitress fancies you!”

Ryan pulls an indifferent face and shrugs. “Obvs!” he says. I don’t know why, but my stomach twists a little. Even though I know he’s only joking. Maybe it’s because it feels like the kind of thing someone else I know would say.

And now he’s looking me in the eyes and shaking his head. “You really have NO idea do you?”

“What?” I say, suddenly feeling awkward.

Then his mouth curls into an ominous little grin. The waitress interrupts us. I think I know what he was going to say.

“So, erm … I was talking to your dad earlier,” Ryan starts, mysteriously. 

“Oh, God!” I groan, feeling instant dread. 

Ryan grins at me. “It was nothing bad. Just … well, he’s invited me to your brother’s barbecue thing on Sunday?” he says, looking unsure.

“Really?!” I say with my face screwed up. 

Ryan smirks and nods. “Would it be a bit weird if I came?”

I look out the window. “Erm …” I shrug. I think it would be weird. But I also kind of want him there too. “Maybe?!”

I look back at Ryan. “I’m just surprised he asked you.”

He straightens up his back and clears his throat. “Well … he said I could keep you company?”

“Erm … okay!” I say, feeling a little confused that my dad would be that considerate. 

“And he also said that if I’m there you might … behave yourself?” he says, wincing.

“For fuck’s sake!” I say, shaking my head. “He treats me like a kid!” 

Ryan bites his lip, but he’s smiling like he finds the whole thing kind of amusing and cute. “Do you normally not behave yourself at these kinds of things?” Then he leans into me and puts on a stupid voice. “Do I have to stop you from being a naughty boy, Deano?”

I smirk and roll my eyes. Then I take a deep sigh. “He thinks I’m gonna get drunk and … have a go at my mum or something!” 

I roll my tongue around my cheek and look at the table. I don’t ever talk about my mum with anyone other than Tony and Nick. I never mention her to my mates at Muscle University.

“Do you not get on with your mum?” Ryan asks. I can tell he’s genuinely interested.

“Mmmm. It’s not really that,” I say, shrugging and pulling a face. And feeling a little awkward at discussing this. I’m finding it hard to look at Ryan. “She’s just … not around much.” 

I look up and he’s giving me this sincere look. My stomach flips. I feel vulnerable. Exposed. This is why I don’t talk about my mum to people.

He asks me what happened. I tell him the basic facts. The short story. That she walked out on us when Josh and I were kids. And that she now lives with a guy called Gary and his daughter. I don’t tell her that she let me down that one Christmas Eve when I was younger. And that she let me down again last Christmas. That I’ve been avoiding her and been punishing her since then, even though I know I’ve taken it too far. I don’t tell Ryan that I still haven’t forgiven her for leaving. That I’m not sure if I ever really will.

Ryan pays for the meal. Another new experience. “So … are you doing anything tonight?” 

Fuck. My chest expands. He’s wearing a little smirk. I can tell he’s a little nervous though. 

“I mean ... do you have to be home at a certain time?”

I smirk and he giddily grins back at me and bites his lip. 

“Mmmm. Nope!” I say, trying to straighten my face and play it cool. 

His smile grows wider and he nods. “Well … I’m pretty much free for the rest of the day!” 

I nod, barely able to keep from smiling. I think I now know where today is heading. I look out the window, rolling my tongue around the inside of my cheek, then back to him and we laugh at each other. Like two fucking giddy school boys.

“So … we should hang out. Do some stuff!”

I smirk and raise an eyebrow at him. I genuinely think he actually means doing something other than just sex stuff. My chest suddenly feels like it’s filling up. 

I look out of the window to see a group of rowdy lads walking past. They’re so noisy that I can hear them from inside the restaurant. I immediately think of Josh and his mates. One of them spots us and excitedly gets the attention of the others.

One flexes his biceps and then another one does a stupid, playful most muscular pose. Me and Ryan look at each other laughing. Ryan salutes them and another one starts flexing his biceps then they stumble off laughing. Fucking lads.

“Soooo  … why don’t we do the most obvious, cliched thing you can do in Brighton?” Ryan says to me as we walk down a narrow winding road leading out of the South Laines. 

“What - go to a gay bar?”

Ryan laughs. “Nope!”

I look at him confused but smirking. “Where then?”

“The pier!”

I screw my face up.

“Oh come on - when was the last time you actually went to the pier?”

“Like … years ago!”

“Exactly!” he says, smiling. 

I roll my eyes, but I actually don’t think it’s a bad idea. To be honest, I don’t really care where we go or what we do. 

“Have you ever been to a gay bar?” Ryan asks me as the seafront comes into sight.

I shake my head. “Been to a gay club though,” I confess, feeling slightly sheepish. A gay club which, incidentally, will be coming into view pretty soon.

“Did you enjoy it?”

I screw my face up and feel slightly uncomfortable. He smirks at me in an understanding way. “That’s a no!”

“It was alright, I suppose. I just … didn’t really feel like I belonged there? Plus … people get staring!”

Ryan lets out a short, sharp laugh. “I wonder fucking why!” he says looking me up and down.

I roll my eyes and smirk. “It wasn’t like that. It was like … they were judging me! Like they were all thinking … what is HE doing in here?”

Ryan nods with an eyebrow raised. “OR …” he says, leaning in and giving me a wide-eyed look, “they were checking out the insanely hot bodybuilder with the massive arse!”

I shake my head, looking straight on. But I’m smiling like crazy at the way Ryan just described me. Even though I don’t really believe it. I mean, okay I have a massive arse. But insanely hot? That’s the kind of thing people would think about Ryan. And Woody. I can’t imagine anyone describing me that way.

And now we can see the pier. And the gay club I went to the other week after my night out with Tone when I was drunk. Where I kissed that guy in the grey t-shirt. Maybe there’s some truth in what Ryan just said. Maybe some of those guys actually were staring at me because they thought I was hot. 

“What about you?” I ask him as we cross the street and head for the pier. It’s such a sunny day. Like, gloriously so. That’s probably why there are so many people around. “Ever been to a gay club?”

“Yeah! I’ve had some AMAZING nights out in gay clubs!” he tells me excitedly. “Well, in London that is. I’ve never gone local. People are SO friendly!”

I look over at him and pull a face.

“What?” he says, laughing.

I shake my head and give him a knowing smirk. He knows exactly fucking what.

As we’re walking along the pier, I spot a group of excited girls walking towards us dressed as nuns. They’re probably on a hen do party. They seem to get extra excited when they spot us and as they get closer one of the girls runs up to Ryan, grabs his arm, exclaims, “He’s GORGEOUS!” and kisses his cheek. 

They wander off, laughing and chatting loudly and I’m just looking at a smirking Ryan and shaking my head.

“Is that what the guys in the gay clubs in London are like?”

When we get inside the Pier and walk into the arcade, Ryan excitedly gasps at the sight of something. “D - we have to do this!” he says, leading me to some kind of machine.

“What is it?” I ask.

“It’s a dance machine!” 

I screw my face up. “I can’t dance!”

“It’s easy. Come on!” 

He gives my arm a gentle nudge and steps on the machine and I can’t help feeling a warm buzz in my chest at the body contact. I groan and reluctantly step on it next to him.

“What am I supposed to do?!” I cry.

“Just dance. Look - it shows you the steps!” he explains, pointing to the screen.

I glance around to see if anyone around is watching us. "I'll look like a twat!" I protest.

“Oh, what - so you’ll get on stage in a pair of shiny posers in front of a bunch of strangers but you won’t use a dance machine in front of …” he looks around, “like three people? Who aren’t even looking?”

“Erm. I’ve NEVER worn shiny posers!’

“Sorry. Forgot you have awful taste in trunks! Right - come on. It’s starting!”

“Are you sure we won’t break it?”

Ryan laughs and a cheesy dance song starts playing. I move my feet, copying the actions on the screen in front of me. I have no idea what the fuck I’m doing. Ryan’s dancing. I’m dancing. I feel like a twat. But … fuck it. I’m kind of loving it too. It feels like another moment. Between me and Ryan. One that I probably won’t forget in a hurry.

He makes me go on the Dodgems after that. And the fucking waltzers. I haven’t done this kind of stuff for years.

I’m half expecting him to ask me to go on that fucking Turbo rollercoaster when he asks me a question. “Shall we go and grab a drink somewhere?” 

I tip my head back dramatically and let out a big groan of relief. “YES!” Ryan laughs.

As we’re walking back through the pier, I think how I’d love for him to grab my hand and hold it. The two of us walking along holding hands. A six-foot bodybuilder and his pocket rocket tank of a bodybuilding boyfriend. (Even though he’s obviously NOT my boyfriend.)

We’re out of the pier and crossing the street. “You know what that big flag means don’t you?” Ryan asks, pointing at a rainbow flag hanging from a building we're approaching.

I look at him confused but smirking. “You wanna go to a gay bar?”

He grins at me and shrugs. “Could do!”

“What if someone we know sees us?” I say, looking over my shoulder.

Like the fucking girlfriend you’re currently “on a break” from. 

“Hmmm. Fair point!” he says, giving me a mischievous smirk. “I think there’s one around the corner that's a bit more hidden.”

We walk past the bars on the seafront and walk down a quiet side street. There’s an old fashioned looking pub which is painted green on the outside which Ryan drags me into.

“Ready to get gawped at?” he asks me with a mischievous smirk as we walk inside the darkly lit pub.

And sure enough, as soon as we’re inside, two guys' heads immediately turn. It would probably be more if there was anyone else actually in here. 

Ryan orders us two beers and we sit at a table in the corner. I pick up a leaflet on the table advertising that Pride thing they do every year. Apparently Kylie's playing this year. I suddenly wonder what my dad's reaction would be if I casually informed him I was going?

“So … how’s your first gay pub?” he asks me.

I look around and pull a face and Ryan laughs. To be honest, it’s a pretty nice pub. Even if it is dead. Nothing about it particularly screams gay. I feel like I could be anywhere right now though and it wouldn’t really matter. I’d still be feeling the same happy, buzz I have all afternoon. And all because of the gorgeous, six-foot, ridiculously hot bodybuilder I’m sitting opposite. Bulging out of his pale yellow t-shirt. His huge forearms resting on the table, still bronzed from his competition at the weekend. God, I love those forearms.

I look out to the pub. The barman’s whispering to another guy behind the bar and they’re looking over at us. I can’t help feeling a little kick of adrenaline. I guess it’s the attention thing. Nothing to see here, lads. Just two huge, freaky bodybuilders from the local hellhole hardcore gym sitting in the corner of a gay pub. Practically bursting out of our tight fitted clothing. 

“Can I ... ask you a question?” I say to Ryan, playing with the Pride leaflet on the table.

“Course!” Ryan replies with a smirk.

My insides suddenly tighten. “When did you …” I look down at the flyer again, “know you liked … both?”

Ryan smirks at me, looking kind of excited. There’s a pause and he clears his throat. Almost like he’s building up to his answer. This big reveal. “Were you ever into wrestling?”

“Erm … a bit!” I reply, suddenly grinning.

Ryan looks a bit sheepish, then lets out a little laugh. “I went through a phase of being obsessed with it!”

I smirk and nod. 

“But there was … ONE wrestler, I liked more than the others,” he says, with a mischievous smirk. “Remember Jake Dynamite?”

“Erm. Oh yeah!” I say, suddenly remembering how abnormally buff he was. “Wasn’t he a bodybuilder before he did wrestling?”

Ryan nods at me wide-eyed with this big smirk on my face. “I LOVED Jake Dynamite. He was hands down my favourite wrestler. Thing is … every time he came on screen, I kinda found myself getting a hard on!”

I smile and bite my lip.

“So … it wasn’t some cartoon muscle man from one of those Chinese DVD’s you’ve got?” I tease.

Ryan laughs. “Actually there were a few. They're called Anime by the way. And most of them are Japanese!”

I screw my face up. “You are SUCH a fucking nerd!” I tease, picking up my pint glass and taking a swig.

He’s just beaming at me. I put down my glass and look at the Pride leaflet on the table in front of me again and wondering how Kylie never ages. Another question comes to me. A question I suddenly really want to know the fucking answer to me. Without looking at Ryan’s face, without even thinking, I ask it.

“Does Katie know?”

Fuck. My chest tightens. I cautiously look up at him. Suddenly things feel a little awkward. Maybe I shouldn’t have asked that question? 

Ryan pulls an eeek face and shakes his head. “Noooo!” he says, in a low voice.

He does a little smirk, but then his expression turns serious and he looks down at the table in front of him. It suddenly feels like the atmosphere has shifted. 

“I mean ... there are definitely girls out there who would be okay with it,” he says.

I nod, waiting for him to go on.

“But .. Katie's not that type of girl!” he says. He takes a swig of his beer. I’m tempted to ask him if he’s heard from her. If they've spoken in the past few days. But on second thoughts, I don’t think I want to know. 

“So …” Ryan says with an ominous smirk, “what about you, Deano?” he asks. “When do you know you liked ... “ he pulls a face, “BOTH!” 

My chest suddenly tightens. But I feel kind of excited at the prospect of responding. I’ve never really spoken about this stuff with anyone before. Not really. 

I take a deep breath. “Ummm … well, you know those magazines in the Juice Bar?”

Ryan laughs. “Yeeaah?”

I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth, feeling a little sheepish. “There was this one I always used to see lying around when I was younger. With, erm ... Brad McCarthy on the front?"

Ryan beams at me. “Ahhh - so you had a thing for Brad McCarthy?”

I sheepishly nod and he smirks back at me.

“What was it?”

“Ummm … dunno!” I say, with a shrug. “Everything, I guess. Especially the pecs!”

Ryan smirks and nods. “So, erm … how do my pecs compare?” he says, looking down and bouncing his pecs under his t-shirt. 

I smirk and roll my eyes and he smiles back at me. And now we’re both just beaming at each other. God, I wanna touch him. 

“Want one another drink?” he asks, signalling to my pint glass. I say yes.

“Then we can go to mine. I have something REALLY exciting lined up!” he says to me, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

I look at him suspiciously. “Not that bloody kids cartoon?”

Ryan laughs. “How did you guess?” 

I roll my eyes, but I’m smiling like fucking mad at the thought of cuddling up to Ryan on his sofa while watching TV as I watch him walks over to the bar. His huge, round arse looking incredible stuffed into the denim of his skinny jeans. Am I fucking dreaming this? How is a guy like Ryan actually interested in ME? 

He comes back shortly after with another pint for me. I ask him if he’s met many bodybuilders “like us”. He smirks and says a few. And a few more he suspects were. But no one I’d probably know of. No one that well known.

“What about you?” he asks.

Fuck. I guess I should have seen that question coming. I don’t know what to say. I pull a face and shrug and he looks at me like he knows I’m covering something up. I take a swig of my pint.

“Any lads at uni like us?”

Fucking hell. My stomach clenches. The funny thing is, I kind of want to tell Ryan about Woody and Luke. I clear my throat.

“One or two …” I say, nodding slowly. My chest tightening. 

“I’m sensing there’s a story here,” Ryan says as a big, excited smirk spreads across his face.

I playfully roll my eyes and smirk. Then I look into my pint glass, suddenly feeling weird, nervous and tense.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, D!”

I bite my lip and look past Ryan to the bar. “Remember the guy I got suspended over? The one I told you I didn’t get on with?”

Ryan nods. “Yeah?”

“He was. He IS!”

“Wait - did you two have a thing?” Ryan asks, excited.

I screw my face up. “Ummm. More like … a moment!”

Ryan raises his eyebrows, smirks and nods. 

“Nothing more?”

Fuck. I pull a face and shake my head, suddenly not wanting to talk about it anymore.

“How come?”

Because I’m not Luke Henderson.

“Well, most of the time we can’t stand each other!” I reply. Ryan smiles at me. 

“Can I just ask one more question?” Ryan says. He’s got this suspicious smirk on his face. 

I smirk back and nod.

“Is this guy hotter than me?”

I laugh and bite my lip. Ryan’s just grinning at me. One of his absurdly sexy grins. 

“Well …” I pull a face and playfully cock my head. Ryan’s mouth drops open. And now he’s just beaming at me. 

“You definitely have a bigger arse than he does!"

Ryan bites his lip, smiling like crazy. “Can you, erm ... hurry up and drink that fucking drink please?” he orders, eyeballing my pint glass.

I furrow my eyebrows. “Why?” (I know why.)

“Cause I really wanna take you back to mine to watch Dom and Cole with you!”

I roll my eyes and he beams at me. 

“Why the fuck do you think?” he says, giving me this look. Fuck. 

I look around the pub. No one’s watching us any more. I’m feeling brave. I reach out and gently tickle the back of his hand with my fingers. I just really wanna fucking touch him right now. Ryan bites his lip and gives me a gorgeous little smirk. Then he glances around the pub, looking a little wary.

“Sorry,” I say, retreating back. 

He furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head. “Don’t be daft!” 

Then I feel his hand go on my thigh underneath the table. Instant fucking hard on. I reach down and touch his hand. And now we’re holding hands under the table. I really can’t believe this is happening. I’m looking at Ryan. Stupidly good looking Ryan. Who I like so fucking much. 

And fuck - the way he’s looking at me as his hand grips mine. I don’t know why, but I feel like I might suddenly cry. Because no one’s ever looked at me like this before. And then I think - oh, so this is what it’s like. This is what Luke feels when Woody looks at him the way he often does. The way I saw him looking at him in the Watson House gym on the last day of term. 

Now I finally know. 

If Andreas (Main character of 'A New Voyage') would know them....

Thanks for posting chap 18... it was exactly what I needed to read during break time at work.   And it didn’t disappoint.  So glad things seem to be working out okay.  But I’m still worried for Deano.

• Like 4

Through your skillful writing you have made Deano out to be a good guy and sympathetic character- not the bully twat we met at MU. It really is a powerful theme about the need to walk in someone’s shoes before you judge them.  Now I can’t wait to read what happens back at Ryan’s place!  😜

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Lefty said:

Through your skillful writing you have made Deano out to be a good guy and sympathetic character- not the bully twat we met at MU. It really is a powerful theme about the need to walk in someone’s shoes before you judge them.  Now I can’t wait to read what happens back at Ryan’s place!  😜

I think to really understand a guy like Deano, one would need to wear his velvet posers for a bit. 🩲

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brawnygods said:

I think to really understand a guy like Deano, one would need to wear his velvet posers for a bit. 🩲

Hmmmm. A philosopher. 

• Like 5

Thanks for all the fantastic comments on that last chapter! Next one coming up... 😏

On a side note can I please request again that people don't quote and effectively re-post whole chapters. Thanks, guys. 😊

• Upvote 1