Deano's Summer: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

49 minutes ago, muscleaddict said:

You'll be familiar with all the places referenced in the story then, mate! ☺️ Did you ever train at Deano's? 🤪

Haha it sounds a bit like Cheetahs at the leisure centre😄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stewbake said:

Haha it sounds a bit like Cheetahs at the leisure centre😄

Haha! I've never actually been inside Cheetahs but yeah - it's pretty much that type of gym. 😅

Two

“Get that down ya, big lad!” 

Josh’s mate, Smithy (who’s dressed in a padded Superman costume) hands me a shot glass. I down it in one and some of the lads I’m with start making loud barking noises. I’m sure we’re annoying the hell out of some of the people in this pub. A group of beefy lads, though none as much as me, some of whom are dressed in superhero costumes, being rowdy and loud. We’ve got Captain America here too. Henderson would probably cream in his Harry Potter boxers if he were here right now. I’m not sure what Woody would be doing. Probably just staring at himself in the nearest mirror. 

I’m so glad Josh talked me into coming out tonight. I think this is exactly what I needed to take my mind off Muscle University. And all of the shit I’ve been thinking about since yesterday. It’s the first time I’ve had a proper drinking session for ages. There aren't exactly many options for a night out up at Montgomery. The SU bar is shit. Glasgow’s probably the nearest decent place to go out but that’s way too far to go for a night out. You’d have to be mad to do that.

I don’t even know who half of the guys I’m with are. They’re not Josh’s usual crowd, but they’re good lads. Pretty much all of them have commented on the fact that I’m a bodybuilder. I’ve had my biceps slapped and grabbed a few times. Smithy keeps calling me “Mr Biceps”. Captain America, who I’ve never met before, keeps randomly flexing and grunting in a jokey manner whenever he’s near me. Getting this kind of attention and having people constantly comment on your body is just one of the side effects of being a bodybuilder I guess. And I can’t lie. I do get a pretty big kick out of it. 

There’s another guy who I’ve never met before called Ant, who’s stood right next to me now. He’s a bit less rowdy than the others. A bit more normal I guess. He’s pretty muscular. Brown hair and tanned skin. He’s got this grey t-shirt on with a low V neck. I can see the line separating his pecs peeking through the top. He’s not, like, super good looking or anything, but I can see why girls might like him. He’s got this kind of aura about him. He’s been asking me about university and bodybuilding.

“My mate keeps telling me I should compete,” Ant says. I have to keep looking up because he’s so fucking tall. But then most people are compared to me. “I don't know if I can be bothered with all the dieting though!”

“Mmmm. You do have to be really strict when you’re cutting for a show,” I tell him.

“See I just don’t know if I could be arsed! I don’t reckon I’d place that well either!”

“Do you have to wear those shiny little pants?” Captain America asks, joining in the conversation. I smirk and shake my head.

“MY mate - he does competitions …” Smithy interrupts loudly. “And those little trunks he wears on stage … he sells them for, like, a hundred quid to gay guys on Instagram!”

I take a swig of my drink, not making eye contact with anyone and trying to ignore the twisting feeling in my stomach.

“NO fucking way!” Captain America cries.

“So Deano - are you, like, all shredded and shit under that t-shirt?” Smithy asks me. 

Josh gives me a knowing smirk.

“Come on. Let’s see your abs!” Captain America says. Before I have time to respond, the cheeky bastard grabs the bottom of my t-shirt and lifts it up.

“WOAH!"

“What the FUCK?”

I feel a heady rush at the lads' reactions to my stomach muscles. Still with one hand lifting my t-shirt up, Smithy starts slapping my midsection with his other hand. It’s such a foreign sensation. Having a guy’s warm strong hand touching my abs in that way. It does something weird to me. I don’t really know why. Or maybe I do. 

I catch Ant’s eye. He’s giving me this weird look. Just sort of staring at my now covered stomach where my big, wonky shaped abs were just showing. I can’t work out his expression. Maybe he’s intimidated. But I get the feeling that seeing my abs has had some kind of an effect on him.

“Whose round is it?” Smithy asks. “Deano - flash those abs to the barman. Maybe you’ll get us some free drinks!”

Josh comes to the bar with me. “Having fun, Mr Biceps?” he asks as we’re waiting for the drinks. I look at him and smirk.

I think about Josh’s group of mates standing behind us. For some reason, I picture Ant looking in my direction. I look around and feel a weird stab of disappointment to find that he’s not.

“D - I think you’ve got an admirer!” 

My chest tightens. Josh steers me in the direction of a couple of girls, one of whom is definitely checking me out. Wow - I don’t really go for blondes, but she’s kind of stunning. She sort of half-smiles at me and for some reason, I panic and look away. For fuck’s sake. Nice one, Deano. You fucking twat. I’ve never had any problems talking to girls before. Maybe I've been spending way too much time amongst shredded lads in shiny posers.

“Maybe it’s the chipmunk cheeks!” Joshua says, slapping my left cheek with his hand. 

“Fuck off!” I say, batting his hand away.

“You should talk to her!” Joshua suggests, with his eyes wide. It’s not the craziest suggestion but I suddenly feel awkward. I’m saved by the barman handing us our drinks.

“No freebies, lads - sorry!” Josh announces when we return to the group. I hand Ant his drink. “Cheers, mate!” he says, taking the glass from me.

And then something weird happens. One of Ant’s hands is suddenly on my shoulder and he’s giving it a gentle squeeze. And now my chest suddenly feels like it’s swelling up.

“Come on then, Mr Biceps. Show us a picture of you on stage in your shiny pants!” Captain America says. 

Josh is grinning at me. 

“Fuck off!” I say, shaking my head.

Josh is suddenly looking at his phone and, for a moment, I wonder if he’s looking for a picture of me in competition to show the lads until I notice this oddly serious expression on his face. He answers his phone and moves away from the group. I follow him with my eyes and he briefly looks back at me looking guilty as fuck. Like he doesn’t want me to know whoever it is he’s talking to. Which is fucking weird.

“What’s your Instagram? Mr underscore biceps?” Captain America jokes as he plays with his phone.

“Two secs!” Smithy instructs. “I’m following him!” Then he gets his phone out and starts to play with it. I look at Ant who gives me this kinda shy, knowing smirk.

“BOOM! Found you!” Smithy says.

“SHINY PANTS!” Captain America shouts, pointing at Smithy’s phone screen.

“Where?!” I cry. The phone gets handed to me. I’m looking at a picture of myself cranking out a most muscular at my last competition in my favourite maroon red velvet posers.

“They’re NOT shiny posers!” I inform them. 

Maybe I should go to Woody’s Instagram page to show them what a pair of shiny posers really looks like? And now my chest is tightening. Because I’m thinking about him again.

“Let’s see!” Ant says.

I feel oddly nervous as I point the phone in his direction. He stands closer to me. I suddenly get a waft of his aftershave. The guy smells fucking good.

Ant screws up his face and shakes his head. “They’re not the shiny ones!”

I kind of know that he loves that.

Smithy laughs. “Jesus Christ. Are we really having this debate? Who gives a fuck, lads?”

“You look fucking NUTS, mate!” Captain America says. I look at Ant who’s nodding and smiling at me. I feel a weird flutter of something in my stomach. 

Joshua comes back to the group from making his mysterious phone call. 

“Who was that?” I ask him.

“Work!” he says. But he doesn’t make eye contact with me. What the fuck is that about?

Another round of drinks later and I disappear to the toilet. I’m definitely starting to feel a bit fuzzy. When I come back to the group Smithy is handing me a shot glass. But someone’s missing. Ant’s not here.

“Come on then, you little rebel!” Smithy says to me, with a smirk. I look at him confused. Everyone in the group is looking at me. 

“Tell us what you did to get suspended from uni!”

What the fuck? I feel a sharp twist of anger. I look at my brother. I can’t fucking believe he told them I got suspended. He doesn’t seem phased by it either. Which just pisses me off even more.

“This handsome prick won’t tell us!” 

“Did you do something really embarrassing?” Captain America asks.

Smithy gasps. “He got caught selling his shiny pants to gay dudes on Instagram!”

For fuck’s sake. I know it’s just banter, but I’m pissed off. This is just fucking typical Josh behaviour. He’s got this excited smirk on his face as he's rolling his tongue around the inside of his mouth. Almost like he’s tempted to tell them the reason I got suspended. Would he actually do that?

“I cheated on an exam,” I lie, looking at Joshua coldly. I get the feeling he knows he’s pissed me off, but who can tell with Josh?

“What was the exam on?” Captain America asks.

“SHINY PANTS!” Smithy exclaims to laughter.

I look away from them. And then I see something which makes me feel like I’ve been kicked in the stomach. Ant kissing the blonde girl who was checking me out earlier. Him towering over her. His impressive back muscles stretching the material of his grey t-shirt. His triceps sticking out. The girl’s hands placed gently on his big, tanned forearms as they kiss. So, so fucking gently. 

“Get in, Ant!” Smithy says. 

“Right - who wants shots?” I ask. I suddenly have the urge to get totally fucking wrecked.

I’m standing by the bar for about ten seconds before my brother sidles up next to me. Like nothing has happened. Like everything’s fucking fine.

“What’s up with you, Deanosaurus?”

Of all the fucking times to call me that name.

“DON’T call me that!”

He looks at me wide-eyed. His eyes even bigger than normal. The same eyes as hers.

“Woah - chill out, little broski! Not my fault Ant got in there before you!”

“Are you fucking kidding me?!”

He looks at me confused.

“Why the fuck did you tell them I got suspended from uni?”

Josh screws up his face. “They don’t care!”

But I care. I fucking care. The barman pours the shot glasses lined up in front of me. 

“It’s not like I told them what you did,” he says. He’s so fucking nonchalant. Is anything a big deal for Joshua Watkins?

I suddenly want to get the FUCK away from this pub. Away from my brother. My perfect fucking half bad boy, half pretty boy brother. 

I shake my head, pick up one of the shot glasses and down it. And then, without looking at Josh, I turn around and head straight for the door.

“D - what the fuck are you doing?” he calls after me. And I’m sure I hear the words “drama queen” as I walk out of the noisy pub and leave my twat faced brother and his pretty boy twat faced fucking lad friends to drink shots and kiss girls and be pretty boy twats together.

I don’t know where the fuck I’m going. I’m pissed off and drunk.  There are loads of people around. Groups of drunk friends. A few couples. I’m just walking in the direction of the Pavilion and towards the seafront. I really don’t know where I’m heading, but I know what’s in this direction. I know what’s in this part of town. I know what kind of pubs and clubs are towards the pier. 

I hear some drunk lads chanting behind me. “Oggy oggy oggy! Oi oi oi!” The lights of the pier are up ahead. The Union Jack flag is in sight. The words “BRIGHTON PIER PALACE” lit up. 

I keep on walking. There’s a club towards the end of this road. I can hear the music. A big rainbow flag outside. I see figures up ahead, huddled around the entrance and my stomach twists with nerves. Bouncers. And other people. A woman vaping. But I’m not completely sure if it actually is a woman. She’s with a guy. He’s older than me. Short but pretty buff. My heart races as I approach them. What the fuck am I doing? And then I see a group of rowdy lads coming from the other direction and stop outside the club and I panic. I’m pretty sure they’re trying to get in, but the bouncers won’t let them.

As I get nearer, the man and woman look at me and then exchange looks. The man gives me a friendly nod and smiles.

“It’s a members-only club, lads!” I hear one of the bouncers say to the group. I know that’s a lie.

I walk straight past the bouncers and the entrance of the club and don’t turn around. The thumping bass of the music now behind me. I wonder if that guy’s still looking at me. I wonder if Ant went home with that girl. I picture her hands placed gently on his big forearms. I think about when his hand was on my shoulder. What it felt like for the few seconds he was touching me. Even though it didn’t last that long, it’s what I remember the most out of everything that happened tonight. The thing that seems to have really stuck in my head. 

The noise from the clubs and pubs and groups of people get quieter as I carry on walking along the seafront, past the lamp posts and railings which are painted green. The sound of seagulls in the distance. It’s time to go home.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Two

“Get that down ya, big lad!” 

Josh’s mate, Smithy (who’s dressed in a padded Superman costume) hands me a shot glass. I down it in one and some of the lads I’m with start making loud barking noises. I’m sure we’re annoying the hell out of some of the people in this pub. A group of beefy lads, though none as much as me, some of whom are dressed in superhero costumes, being rowdy and loud. We’ve got Captain America here too. Henderson would probably cream in his Harry Potter boxers if he were here right now. I’m not sure what Woody would be doing. Probably just staring at himself in the nearest mirror. 

I’m so glad Josh talked me into coming out tonight. I think this is exactly what I needed to take my mind off Muscle University. And all of the shit I’ve been thinking about since yesterday. It’s the first time I’ve had a proper drinking session for ages. There aren't exactly many options for a night out up at Montgomery. The SU bar is shit. Glasgow’s probably the nearest decent place to go out but that’s way too far to go for a night out. You’d have to be mad to do that.

I don’t even know who half of the guys I’m with are. They’re not Josh’s usual crowd, but they’re good lads. Pretty much all of them have commented on the fact that I’m a bodybuilder. I’ve had my biceps slapped and grabbed a few times. Smithy keeps calling me “Mr Biceps”. Captain America, who I’ve never met before, keeps randomly flexing and grunting in a jokey manner whenever he’s near me. Getting this kind of attention and having people constantly comment on your body is just one of the side effects of being a bodybuilder I guess. And I can’t lie. I do get a pretty big kick out of it. 

There’s another guy who I’ve never met before called Ant, who’s stood right next to me now. He’s a bit less rowdy than the others. A bit more normal I guess. He’s pretty muscular. Brown hair and tanned skin. He’s got this grey t-shirt on with a low V neck. I can see the line separating his pecs peeking through the top. He’s not, like, super good looking or anything, but I can see why girls might like him. He’s got this kind of aura about him. He’s been asking me about university and bodybuilding.

“My mate keeps telling me I should compete,” Ant says. I have to keep looking up because he’s so fucking tall. But then most people are compared to me. “I don't know if I can be bothered with all the dieting though!”

“Mmmm. You do have to be really strict when you’re cutting for a show,” I tell him.

“See I just don’t know if I could be arsed! I don’t reckon I’d place that well either!”

“Do you have to wear those shiny little pants?” Captain America asks, joining in the conversation. I smirk and shake my head.

“MY mate - he does competitions …” Smithy interrupts loudly. “And those little trunks he wears on stage … he sells them for, like, a hundred quid to gay guys on Instagram!”

I take a swig of my drink, not making eye contact with anyone and trying to ignore the twisting feeling in my stomach.

“NO fucking way!” Captain America cries.

“So Deano - are you, like, all shredded and shit under that t-shirt?” Smithy asks me. 

Josh gives me a knowing smirk.

“Come on. Let’s see your abs!” Captain America says. Before I have time to respond, the cheeky bastard grabs the bottom of my t-shirt and lifts it up.

“WOAH!"

“What the FUCK?”

I feel a heady rush at the lads' reactions to my stomach muscles. Still with one hand lifting my t-shirt up, Smithy starts slapping my midsection with his other hand. It’s such a foreign sensation. Having a guy’s warm strong hand touching my abs in that way. It does something weird to me. I don’t really know why. Or maybe I do. 

I catch Ant’s eye. He’s giving me this weird look. Just sort of staring at my now covered stomach where my big, wonky shaped abs were just showing. I can’t work out his expression. Maybe he’s intimidated. But I get the feeling that seeing my abs has had some kind of an effect on him.

“Whose round is it?” Smithy asks. “Deano - flash those abs to the barman. Maybe you’ll get us some free drinks!”

Josh comes to the bar with me. “Having fun, Mr Biceps?” he asks as we’re waiting for the drinks. I look at him and smirk.

I think about Josh’s group of mates standing behind us. For some reason, I picture Ant looking in my direction. I look around and feel a weird stab of disappointment to find that he’s not.

“D - I think you’ve got an admirer!” 

My chest tightens. Josh steers me in the direction of a couple of girls, one of whom is definitely checking me out. Wow - I don’t really go for blondes, but she’s kind of stunning. She sort of half-smiles at me and for some reason, I panic and look away. For fuck’s sake. Nice one, Deano. You fucking twat. I’ve never had any problems talking to girls before. Maybe I've been spending way too much time amongst shredded lads in shiny posers.

“Maybe it’s the chipmunk cheeks!” Joshua says, slapping my left cheek with his hand. 

“Fuck off!” I say, batting his hand away.

“You should talk to her!” Joshua suggests, with his eyes wide. It’s not the craziest suggestion but I suddenly feel awkward. I’m saved by the barman handing us our drinks.

“No freebies, lads - sorry!” Josh announces when we return to the group. I hand Ant his drink. “Cheers, mate!” he says, taking the glass from me.

And then something weird happens. One of Ant’s hands is suddenly on my shoulder and he’s giving it a gentle squeeze. And now my chest suddenly feels like it’s swelling up.

“Come on then, Mr Biceps. Show us a picture of you on stage in your shiny pants!” Captain America says. 

Josh is grinning at me. 

“Fuck off!” I say, shaking my head.

Josh is suddenly looking at his phone and, for a moment, I wonder if he’s looking for a picture of me in competition to show the lads until I notice this oddly serious expression on his face. He answers his phone and moves away from the group. I follow him with my eyes and he briefly looks back at me looking guilty as fuck. Like he doesn’t want me to know whoever it is he’s talking to. Which is fucking weird.

“What’s your Instagram? Mr underscore biceps?” Captain America jokes as he plays with his phone.

“Two secs!” Smithy instructs. “I’m following him!” Then he gets his phone out and starts to play with it. I look at Ant who gives me this kinda shy, knowing smirk.

“BOOM! Found you!” Smithy says.

“SHINY PANTS!” Captain America shouts, pointing at Smithy’s phone screen.

“Where?!” I cry. The phone gets handed to me. I’m looking at a picture of myself cranking out a most muscular at my last competition in my favourite maroon red velvet posers.

“They’re NOT shiny posers!” I inform them. 

Maybe I should go to Woody’s Instagram page to show them what a pair of shiny posers really looks like? And now my chest is tightening. Because I’m thinking about him again.

“Let’s see!” Ant says.

I feel oddly nervous as I point the phone in his direction. He stands closer to me. I suddenly get a waft of his aftershave. The guy smells fucking good.

Ant screws up his face and shakes his head. “They’re not the shiny ones!”

I kind of know that he loves that.

Smithy laughs. “Jesus Christ. Are we really having this debate? Who gives a fuck, lads?”

“You look fucking NUTS, mate!” Captain America says. I look at Ant who’s nodding and smiling at me. I feel a weird flutter of something in my stomach. 

Joshua comes back to the group from making his mysterious phone call. 

“Who was that?” I ask him.

“Work!” he says. But he doesn’t make eye contact with me. What the fuck is that about?

Another round of drinks later and I disappear to the toilet. I’m definitely starting to feel a bit fuzzy. When I come back to the group Smithy is handing me a shot glass. But someone’s missing. Ant’s not here.

“Come on then, you little rebel!” Smithy says to me, with a smirk. I look at him confused. Everyone in the group is looking at me. 

“Tell us what you did to get suspended from uni!”

What the fuck? I feel a sharp twist of anger. I look at my brother. I can’t fucking believe he told them I got suspended. He doesn’t seem phased by it either. Which just pisses me off even more.

“This handsome prick won’t tell us!” 

“Did you do something really embarrassing?” Captain America asks.

Smithy gasps. “He got caught selling his shiny pants to gay dudes on Instagram!”

For fuck’s sake. I know it’s just banter, but I’m pissed off. This is just fucking typical Josh behaviour. He’s got this excited smirk on his face as he's rolling his tongue around the inside of his mouth. Almost like he’s tempted to tell them the reason I got suspended. Would he actually do that?

“I cheated on an exam,” I lie, looking at Joshua coldly. I get the feeling he knows he’s pissed me off, but who can tell with Josh?

“What was the exam on?” Captain America asks.

“SHINY PANTS!” Smithy exclaims to laughter.

I look away from them. And then I see something which makes me feel like I’ve been kicked in the stomach. Ant kissing the blonde girl who was checking me out earlier. Him towering over her. His impressive back muscles stretching the material of his grey t-shirt. His triceps sticking out. The girl’s hands placed gently on his big, tanned forearms as they kiss. So, so fucking gently. 

“Get in, Ant!” Smithy says. 

“Right - who wants shots?” I ask. I suddenly have the urge to get totally fucking wrecked.

I’m standing by the bar for about ten seconds before my brother sidles up next to me. Like nothing has happened. Like everything’s fucking fine.

“What’s up with you, Deanosaurus?”

Of all the fucking times to call me that name.

“DON’T call me that!”

He looks at me wide-eyed. His eyes even bigger than normal. The same eyes as hers.

“Woah - chill out, little broski! Not my fault Ant got in there before you!”

“Are you fucking kidding me?!”

He looks at me confused.

“Why the fuck did you tell them I got suspended from uni?”

Josh screws up his face. “They don’t care!”

But I care. I fucking care. The barman pours the shot glasses lined up in front of me. 

“It’s not like I told them what you did,” he says. He’s so fucking nonchalant. Is anything a big deal for Joshua Watkins?

I suddenly want to get the FUCK away from this pub. Away from my brother. My perfect fucking half bad boy, half pretty boy brother. 

I shake my head, pick up one of the shot glasses and down it. And then, without looking at Josh, I turn around and head straight for the door.

“D - what the fuck are you doing?” he calls after me. And I’m sure I hear the words “drama queen” as I walk out of the noisy pub and leave my twat faced brother and his pretty boy twat faced fucking lad friends to drink shots and kiss girls and be pretty boy twats together.

I don’t know where the fuck I’m going. I’m pissed off and drunk.  There are loads of people around. Groups of drunk friends. A few couples. I’m just walking in the direction of the Pavilion and towards the seafront. I really don’t know where I’m heading, but I know what’s in this direction. I know what’s in this part of town. I know what kind of pubs and clubs are towards the pier. 

I hear some drunk lads chanting behind me. “Oggy oggy oggy! Oi oi oi!” The lights of the pier are up ahead. The Union Jack flag is in sight. The words “BRIGHTON PIER PALACE” lit up. 

I keep on walking. There’s a club towards the end of this road. I can hear the music. A big rainbow flag outside. I see figures up ahead, huddled around the entrance and my stomach twists with nerves. Bouncers. And other people. A woman vaping. But I’m not completely sure if it actually is a woman. She’s with a guy. He’s older than me. Short but pretty buff. My heart races as I approach them. What the fuck am I doing? And then I see a group of rowdy lads coming from the other direction and stop outside the club and I panic. I’m pretty sure they’re trying to get in, but the bouncers won’t let them.

As I get nearer, the man and woman look at me and then exchange looks. The man gives me a friendly nod and smiles.

“It’s a members-only club, lads!” I hear one of the bouncers say to the group. I know that’s a lie.

I walk straight past the bouncers and the entrance of the club and don’t turn around. The thumping bass of the music now behind me. I wonder if that guy’s still looking at me. I wonder if Ant went home with that girl. I picture her hands placed gently on his big forearms. I think about when his hand was on my shoulder. What it felt like for the few seconds he was touching me. Even though it didn’t last that long, it’s what I remember the most out of everything that happened tonight. The thing that seems to have really stuck in my head. 

The noise from the clubs and pubs and groups of people get quieter as I carry on walking along the seafront, past the lamp posts and railings which are painted green. The sound of seagulls in the distance. It’s time to go home.

More evidence of the fine writing of MuscleAddict with his great character development.  A coming out story with a unique and sexy angle.  Very much looking forward to chapter 3! 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DennisFLL said:

More evidence of the fine writing of MuscleAddict with his great character development.  A coming out story with a unique and sexy angle.  Very much looking forward to chapter 3! 

Thank you, mate. ☺️ I think chapter 3 is where the story starts to hit its stride. 

• Like 1

This is going to be great!!   Glad I’m getting to follow along as you post.  MU. I had all been complete.  
I love this concept of Deano’s summer!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jlb423 said:

This is going to be great!!   Glad I’m getting to follow along as you post.  MU. I had all been complete.  
I love this concept of Deano’s summer!!!

Thanks, matie. I'm glad you've been enjoying my stuff on here. I played around with a few ideas when I finished Muscle University and this was the one that really stuck. Once I started writing it I couldn't stop. 

I don't know if you've read AJ & Noah yet but if you liked MU you might like that one too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Built22 said:

Maybe the title should change to Deanos coming out summer lol 

How do you know that he doesn't meet a nice girl in chapter 3 and all his feelings towards Woody disappear though? 🤔

• Upvote 1