Descent into growth : Part 6

Hialmar

The beginning is found: here.

Part Five is found: here.

Descent into growth

Part Six

You weren't sure if it had been the unknown after-effects, or if he had used the Test Chamber again, while you were suffering from the temperature, but Mr. V had  probably reached somewhere around 280, 300, perhaps 320 lbs now. It was hard to guess, because he was obviously very cut and chiselled without much fat. In your terrified state, you were probably prone to exaggerate, but he could be 6'2'' or 6'3''. It was in the middle of the night, but Mr. V's taste for showing off wasn't asleep. His chest was entirely naked, but he was wearing army trousers with a city-camo pattern and very glossy boots. Treating your Lab like a fun-fair. Yes, indeed. You had to stand up against this charade, come hell, come high water.

"You owe me an explanation, Mr. Vanderwesthuisen. What exactly is happening?"

There was a lozenge of moonlight on the wall. Not enough to see his facial expression.

"It's Mr. V now. I told you. Before you passed out."

There was a dawning realisation beginning to take form. Your head felt strangely cold.

"That came all of a sudden. On the order of whom was I given an IV, while I suffered from a temperature? I'm the medical expert here, and even I am not a practitioner."

"Little Rob share some of your background. A few courses in medicine and several courses in physics make a good combination, don't they?"

His voice was like dark chocolate slowly trickling over ice cream. Rich. Dark. Trickling. What was wrong with you? You hadn't felt any attraction to Mr. V in the past, and you certainly hadn't any reason to, now when your employer might have gone insane, and might be a threat to everyone at the compound: You, Rob, Nate, the two nice cleaning women, the kitchen staff, the two hunky guards... Hunky? You had never used that word about... What was happening? You felt strange, but the dizziness had faded, and your legs felt more stable, than just a few minutes ago.

"So I asked Rob nicely, and he gave you some nutritional drip, while you were asleep. We have taken turns to tend your bed during your illness."

You became aware of the elastoplast taped over the crook of your arm. Nutritional drip? But the only nutritional drip available was the same one, that had been administered to Nate and Mr. V. And why was your head feeling so unusually chilly, with all that hair of yours?

Mr. V purred:

"The second bag was an easy way to inject you with your personally tailored serum. When I asked nicely, Rob told me, that it wouldn't be possible to give you the injection in your glute, like you do with roids, so it was best to use an IV while you weren't protesting."

"I'm not one of the test subjects. And what have you done to Rob?"

Mr. V grabbed your armpits, lifted you up, and began to walk, while he continued to chat:

"I wasn't a test subject, until I told you, that I wanted to be one. In your plan, there was only one original test subject: Nate."

Panic rose inside you. You had several biochemical compounds running inside you. Chemicals not intended for you. Not intended for use, unless the test subject was soon entering the Test Chamber. You feared to enter the Test Chamber. You... 

"That's in your plan, of course. In my plan, which none of you seemed to anticipate, I expected myself and you to grow all along, eventually, when the transformation-process had proven stable and reliable, and I hoped, that Nate would become the plaything I need. Initially, he turned out to be overconfident, too overconfident, but that was enjoyable too, for a little while, when I was still a weakling, before my exaltation into my new state. I hope to rectify that mistake, soon."

He carried you down the stairs. The corridor. The fear. Chemicals inside you. Already changing you. Priming you for the Chamber.

"Rob needed some encouragement. I had to force him, threaten him (but I suspect he liked that bit), and dangle a carrot before him to do as I commanded."

He interrupted his walk, changed his grip around you, so that you dangled from his left armpit, his powerful arm held under your belly. His right hand was searching for something in a walnut-wood drawer.

"Now when I think of it, you could be of some assistance this very moment. Will you please lock these earbuds around my ears, will you?"

He showed you a pair of strangely-looking earbuds, and put each of them in his ears. He put you down. You considered running, but that was a risky choice. You locked the earbuds around his ears.

"You seem to hear well enough what I'm saying, so I suppose I will hear your answers, too. Doesn't it feel good to share the same sort of earbuds with me, jock boy?"

You couldn't believe your ears. Jock boy? You? No one had called you jock boy. The most ridi- ... Jock boy. You shivered. You had to swallow. It actually sounded quite fierce. Mr. V pushed you before him down the next couple of stairs. Into the Lab. Your Lab. The Lab where you grow Nate and Mr. V. The way they want to be grown. Grown into Alphas. Grown into what they like to become. Grown. That was strange. You felt horny. You had felt terrified just a minute ago, but you felt... at ease. Yes. Felt at ease. The Lab. Then you remembered: You were worried for your friend Rob. Little Rob.

"What have you done to Rob? If you have harmed him, I swear, that I will give you what you deserve!"

The lighting was considerably better here. The stairs were lit, and the safety doors outside the Lab were efficiently lit. You could see an amused smile on Mr. V's timeless unaging masculine face:

"There's a warrior-spirit inside you Doc. I like that. I like some resistance. And as to your question about what I have done to little Rob, I will answer that question."

Mr. V pushed a number-sequence into the lock, and the safety door opened. Both of you entered. You could smell the usual familiar scents.

Nate was there – bigger than before, and only wearing red silky boxing shorts with yellow stripes this time. The Test Chamber was humming, which came as a surprise. You turned your head, and for a second or two, you were unable to understand what you saw. Mr. V continued his speech.

"I fulfilled his innermost dreams, even if he wasn't necessarily aware of these dreams before tonight."

The unknown man inside the active Test Chamber was a towering giant at perhaps 6'4''. His shoulders were wide and melon-sized. Volleyball-sized pectorals voluptiously hung powerful from his chest, exuding terrifying power. His arms were proportionally sized. Something was wrong with the Chamber. Someone had put training equipment inside, in a ridiculous gesture, and the giant was performing deadlifts inside the Chamber. Nate said something in a tone of admiration, and you could see his glossy red boxing shorts tent, as he said it:

"That's almost 1000 lbs!" 

The man inside the Chamber was a platinum blonde giant of a man. Slowly it dawned to you: The man inside the Chamber was little Rob!

But he wasn't little Rob anymore.

Part seven is found: here.

Edited by Hialmar
language, added link
  • Like 7