Super power roleplay game

Corwin

My friends have heard me whine about writing a muscle growth roleplay for second life.  Well, it is almost down.  Rather than bore you with too many details, I thought a video demonstrating the potential would be better.

For those interested, the HUD is in the lower left.  It has a health meter above your current (or augmented) strength.  There are buttons to target people, attack or defend and change bodies.

I have a few tweaks to make before I release it, probably around Christmas.

• Like 1

okay so it scales with sml strength..so if it isn't high and sml tales years to get to a decent number not to sound bleh about this... but seems limiting to those outside the dedicated sml group

13 minutes ago, Aerohalo said:

okay so it scales with sml strength..so if it isn't high and sml tales years to get to a decent number not to sound bleh about this... but seems limiting to those outside the dedicated sml group

well we're gonna get our ass kicked that's for sure hyper !! XD but i'll be glad to be the guinea pig :D

1 hour ago, Aerohalo said:

So, first, there needs to be some basis for "strength" and SML provides that.  But the game is independent of SML, as is strength.  If you get 10x strength in the game I am working on, you do not have 10x str in SML.  I'm open to other sources for "base" strength if you have any.

Also, there are a variety of hero archetypes.  Sebastian Shaw translates kinetic energy (attacks) into strength.  The Parasite steals strength from others.  There is no reason the game can't support those (except for my time and sanity writing the computer code).

In SML strength is always increasing. For this RP is strength conserved? For every point gained does one need to be lost somewhere else? Or will strength ultimately get big for everyone who wants it?

Well given my muscle hud experiences thus far or any gaining simulator theres stuff like solift, social growth and so forth that are good ideas for independent sources I can talk to the creator...but there are ways around the sml dependency as nice as it is, I can see it bettering the whole social gap in sml at the same time I can see things being quite one-sided and not going anywhere. 

But I see this being a fun thing for those who like to be dominated...but for the fun pairing kinda people...or the wrestle type...sml not the best idea unless theres restraining functions :l 

I cant properly voice my opinions on this properly atm...but im sure you get my angle..

The RP can be how ever you want to set it up, within the bounds of the characters.  Two magic characters can exchange strength, but hitting a Hulk character with magic lightning would just piss him off.

Maybe it wasn't clear, but there will be multiple Huds.  The one in the video is the magic-shazam hud.  I also have a hulk hud, but I geeked out and could only show one right now.  Other characters will also be created, over time. (mostly depends on feedback from people -- at this point I'm just guessing what people want)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, & Privacy Policy.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..