Chapter 3

"So, you want to apply for the job? Seth asked.

"Yeah." Eric replied, nodding his head. "I have my reasons."

"And those would be?" Seth asked

"Well," Eric began, saying. "I'm writing about what's it's like to work on a farm, for my college essay, so I'd need to know what all it takes to run a farm, the equipment used for the various tasks, what they are and what job they are used for, things like that. And I thought getting some hands on experience would help give me some better insight, so that I can write a good college essay. I need a job anyway, so I thought this would be perfect."

Seth looked at Eric, up and down. After a moment he spoke up.

"Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into?" He asked, Eric, with an amused grin on his face. "This job can be very physically demanding, and I'm not quite sure if you're strong enough to handle it."

Eric's felt a sick feeling in his stomach at that moment, because he felt like Seth was judging him by his appearance. Sure, Eric was not a muscle stud to the degree of what Seth was, but he was definitely not a weak man, by any means.

Seth must have picked up on Eric's sudden change in mood, or seen something in his facial expression, for he suddenly said.

"Just so you know. I'm not judging you, in any way, Eric, even if what I just said may have come off that way." Seth told him. "I'm just concerned, not for myself, but for you, because I don't want to see you hurt yourself, trying to prove yourself as a good worker. This job is very demanding and it's an every day thing. Even when you think the work is done for the day, you find out that it's not. There's always something to do, the next day. If something breaks, you fix it, as cheaply and as quickly as possible. There is a lot of responsibilities when it comes to running a farm. The work is never done."

"I understand." Eric nodded. "And thanks for clarifying that. I do work out, and have, consistently, for the last 4 years, so I'm know I'm in good enough shape for the job, but I do understand that I may not be able to handle as much weight as you can, since you're bigger than I am."

Seth chuckled, a bit. Then, he eyes moved up and down Eric's physique and he noticed that Eric was wearing a short sleeved shirt and a pair of boot cut denim jeans. He could see that Eric had really great looking muscle tone.

"Well, from the looks of it, you are very fit, and you've done a great job getting in shape." Seth replied. "You should be proud of that."

"Oh, I am." Eric said, nodding his head. "I didn't always look like this. I was an extremely skinny teenager, with no muscle tone at all. "I've worked my ass off, the last 5 years to get my body looking like it does now, and I'm really liking the results of it, so far."

Seth nodded. But, before he could say anything else, the horse that he had been feeding suddenly, starting freaking out for some reason. He was kicking his hooves in the air, standing on his back legs.

"Shit!" Seth exclaimed. "I'll be right back!"

Seth ran over to the horse stall to try to calm the horse down. As he got to the fence, he was just in time to see a mouse scurrying away. He understood now what freaked the horse out.

"Whoa!" Seth exclaimed. "Calm down, Boy! It's ok! It's ok!"

Eric watched, as Seth attempted to calm the horse down, speaking to it, in a softer tone, holding the horse's head, in his hands, softly petting his nose again. In a few minutes, the horse was calm again. Eric took that moment to walk over to the stall. He stood, across from Seth, who was still petting the horse.

"Seth, what happened?" Eric asked, in concern. "Why did he freak out like that, all of a sudden?'

"I saw a mouse running away when I got over here." Seth explained. "He must have seen it and got spooked."

Eric nodded, then frowned, wondering something.

"Aren't all horses afraid of mice?" Eric asked. Seth shook his head.

*Not all of them." Seth replied, as he stopped petting the horse. He pointed to the horse in the next stall down to the far left. "You see Max over there?"

Eric looked over to where Seth was pointing. He could make out a black horse, in the stall, just standing there, looking over at them.

Max isn't afraid of mice at all." Seth explained. "In fact, not much, spooks him."

"He's a beauty!" Eric gushed. "So is this one. What's his name?"

"Eli." Seth said, referring to the brown horse, who had a white stripe down the middle of it's forehead.

"I love horses." Eric said, dreamily. "It's been a while since I've ridden one."

"Really?" Seth asked.

Then a thoughtful look crossed his face. 

"Do you want to go for a horseback ride?" He asked Eric. "I could give you a tour of the farm and let you see what all goes on around here. And then you can decide for sure if this is something you really want to do or not."

Eric was amazed. He had spent not even twenty minutes with Seth, and he was already feeling a connection with him. He was surprised that Seth would have even offered to go on a horseback ride with him, considering that they had only just met each other, that morning. "But was he going to pass up an offer to go on a horseback ride with the handsome stud, in front of him?" Hell no!

"Are you serious? Eric asked, his face lighting up. "I would love to!"

"Alright!" Seth said, flashing Eric a smile that made him want to melt. "Step back, please? I'm going to let Eli out of his stall and get him saddled up for you."

"Ok." Eric said, backing away a few steps.

Seth opened the fence door to Eli's stall and grabbed his bridal to lead him out. 

Eric stood there, wide- eyed, as Seth walked Eli out of his stall and to the middle of the barn. He saw how big Eli was and how strong he looked. 

"Wow!" Eric said, in amazement. "I didn't realize how big he actually is, until now."

Seth turned towards Eric, as he tied Eli's bridal to a fence post, securing it tightly.

"Yeah, he's a big boy alright!" Seth said, with a sexy grin on his face. "He's also the easiest one to ride. Since he's so friendly, he lets anyone ride him."

Seth then glanced over towards Max, who was watching them.

Max, on the other hand," Seth said, a serious tone in his voice. "is very particular about who rides him. He usually only lets me or my mom ride him. He doesn't trust strangers right away. But if he feels he can trust you, and if he likes you, then he might let you ride him." But that remains to be seen."

Eric nodded. He understood what Seth was telling him. Animals were no different than humans when it comes to trust.

Seth turned and grabbed a saddle off of a nearby stand and gently put it over Eli's back. He slipped the straps through the belt loops and make sure each one was tightly and securely fastened. Then he tied Eli's bridal reign back to the post again.

"Give me a second to get Max out and saddled and then we'll both lead the horses outside." Seth said, walking to Max's stall.

Eric watched as Seth walked over to the stall and took in Seth's built muscular body, once again. He glanced at Seth's ass, as he strutted over to the stall. He took in the sexy man's V tapered torso, his perfectly sculpted triceps, back muscles, traps and delts. 

"God, he's so damn gorgeous." Eric thought to himself. "And his muscles! Damn!"

Eric had always loved muscle ever since he was a young teenager in the 8th grade. It had later turned into a fetish for him, as he got older. He loved watching bodybuilders flexing and posing their muscles onstage. He'd always wondered what a bodybuilder's muscles felt like, and always wanted to have one flex for him, but that was something he hadn't done yet.

Nobody knew about his fetish for muscles and muscle worship. Eric had never shared that with anybody. Not even his best friend, Amy, who knew he liked bodybuilders, but didn't know about his fetish for them.

"But how do I talk about liking his muscles, without making him feel weirded out?" Eric wondered.

"Ok, Max, we're going out for a ride, Boy!"

Eric turned his head towards Seth, and saw him leading Max, out of his stall. And Seth had put his shirt back on again, but left it open. Then, Seth grabbed a second saddle off a nearby rack and started saddling up, Max.

"Do you know how to ride a horse, Eric? Seth asked.

"Oh, yeah!" Eric nodded. "I still know how. It's just been a few years since I've ridden a horse."

Eric smiled as he remembered one of his favorite past times.

"My Dad used to take me horseback riding, every summer when I was a kid, so I'm very familiar with horses." Eric said, to Seth, with a dreamy look on his face."I miss those times with my Dad." 

Eric looked over at Seth, at that moment and saw that he had a sad look on his face, as he finished saddling Max up.

Are you, Ok?" Eric asked him, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Seth said. "Let's get the horses outside."

"Ok." Eric said, turning to unfasten Eli's bridal reign from the post. He began leading Eli outside the barn.

Eric pulled Eli outside and turned to see Seth coming out of the barn with Max. Seth turned to Eric.

"You see those trails?" Seth asked, pointing ahead of them, to their right. Eric could make out a trail that had been made by years of horseback riding, from the Lombardo family. Where it led, he didn't know.

"Yeah." He said."What about them?

"They lead out into the fields." Seth explained. "Some of the land is regular and the rest is the corn fields. We're going to head down that way. Are you ready?"

"You betcha!" Eric said, in a very cheerful expression, which made Seth laugh.

"Ok then!" Seth said, between his laughter. "Let's go!"

Eric mounted Eli and watched as Seth mounted Max. They both then started riding towards the trails, side by side.

As they rode, Eric took in the surroundings of the farm. He took notice of the chicken coop, a few feet from where the barn was. He could see the fences lining the pasture where the cattle were. He could see a Sable colored Collie, running around, herding the cattle.

"Wow, look at that gorgeous Collie!" Eric said. He turned to Eric. "Is he yours?"

"Yes, that's Cole." Seth said, nodding his head. "He looks after the cows, as well as the horses. And he looks out for the family."

Eric grinned. "He sounds a lot like Lassie."

Seth chuckled, as he looked over at Eric, who was grinning back at him.

"Actually he's very much like Lassie." Seth replied. "He's very smart, and has a good feeling about people, and he always knows when something is wrong. When that happens, he comes and gets me, just like Lassie does, in all those tv shows and movies."

Eric nodded. He knew just how intelligent Collie dogs were. As he was watching the dog running around, keeping the cattle in check. He wondered why the dog hadn't been at the house when he'd first arrived.

"Hey man, can I ask you something?" Eric said to Seth.

"Sure." Seth replied back. "What's up?"

"How come Cole wasn't at the house to greet me when I arrived?" He had to have seen me coming?"

"I have no doubt that he did." Seth told Eric. "But Cole is a working dog. He's not gonna come back to the house until about 8:00p.m. once his duties are fulfilled."

Eric nodded. The two of them rode, silently. As they rode, Eric's thoughts wandered back to how Seth's face looked when he was talking about the good times he'd had with his Dad, as a kid, growing up. He wondered why it made him look sad. 

"Seth, I met your mom, earlier. She's a very nice, classy lady."

"Thanks." Seth said, still looking ahead, as the two of them got closer to the fields area where they would unmount from the horses.

"What about your, Dad, Seth?" Eric asked him. "Where is he?"

At the moment, the look on Seth's face, made Eric regret that he'd even asked the question, for Seth looked sadder than he did earlier, when Eric was talking about his own father.

"He's dead." Seth revealed, a catch in his voice. Eric was shocked.

"Wow." Eric said, in a low voice. "I'm so sorry, Seth. I had no idea."

"I know you didn't." Seth said, glancing at him. "It's ok."

Eric thought he could see tears shining in Seth's eyes which made him want to hug him close and comfort him. But he knew he couldn't do that. He didn't know how Seth would react to that.

"Well, here we are!" Seth suddenly said. Eric suddenly realized that they had made it to the fields.

The two men unmounted their horses and tied them each to a fence post.

Seth pointed to a tree where they both could sit, in the shade, to keep cool from the hot sun. 

"Let's sit under the tree, and I can interview you a bit more about the Job."

"Alright, lead the way." Eric said to him.

They both started walking towards the tree. Once they got there, they both sat down, under the tree.

"So,' Seth began saying. "Tell me more about you. Where are you from?"

"From here." Eric replied. " I was born and bred here in San Diego, California."

"Ok." Seth said "And what about your folks? What do they do for a living?"

'Well my dad is a Carpenter and my mom works in Real Estate." Eric told him.

Seth's eyebrows raised, when he heard that Eric's father was a Carpenter.

"Oh, so does that mean you know how to fix things." Seth asked.

"Sure!" Eric said, smiling at him. "I learned a lot from my dad, growing up. I helped him build a house one summer a few years back. I wasn't allowed to go near any of the dangerous saw machines, but I am very good with a hammer and nails, so I can do the basics when it comes to fixing things."

"Alright, so that's a point in your favor." Seth said. "Can you operate a tractor?"

"Well, yeah, one of the smaller ones you would use to mow grass." Eric said. "But if you mean operating one of the bigger types like you would here on the farm, then no. I've never learned to drive a really big one."

"Well it's not too hard." Seth said to him. "I could teach you."

Eric's face brightened at that.

"But I'm still concerned about your physical strength."Seth added. "You appear to be in very good shape, but you also have to remember that you'll be lifting heavy bales of hay very often, since we band and store it for feed for the horses."

"Oh, well, I don't think you have to worry too much about that." Eric reassured him. "I used to be a gymnast, so I'm stronger than you think. And I've hit the gym, consistently, the last 5 years."

"What can you benchpress?" Seth asked, curiously.

"About 200 lbs." Eric told him. Seth looked very impressed. He then confirmed it.

"Very impressive." Seth said to Eric. "Let's see you flex a bicep"

Eric flexed his bicep and showed it off to Seth. He was surprised when Seth reached out and wrapped his fingers around it and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Very nice." Seth. " Your tone and definition is great. Now, check out these guns!"

Then, Seth removed his hand and flexed his biceps much to Eric's shock, and delight!

Now, Eric had seen how big Seth's biceps were in his fantasy, but seeing them flexed up close was even more surreal because they looked even bigger than they did in his fantasy.

"You can feel my biceps if you want, Eric." Seth ordered, grinning at him.

Eric was frozen in place, not sure what to do at that moment.  All he could was stare, in awe, at the huge, amazing, biceps that were flexed before his eyes.

Edited by Shawn1978
Story flaws and corrections
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Shawn1978 said:

Eric was frozen in place, not sure what to do at that moment.  All he could was stare, in awe, at the huge, amazing, biceps that were flexed before his eyes.

dont let that chance slide my man.

DO IT!!!

On 8/31/2019 at 2:13 AM, dredlifter said:

evil tease!  ;)

Hey, I figured I had to throw your guys out an appetizer of some sort to nibble on! LOL!

But the real payoff is yet to come! 

Also I've noticed some flaws already in the story, so don't be surprised if you see edits to my story posts. I've noticed having Seth's name in a place or two where it should have been Eric. It's little things like that that I will need to correct.

I'm not as skillful of a writer as some of the many talented authors, so bear with me.

And just remember this. Even with my story flaws and mistakes, my intent to tell a great story is always there! If my story is one that any of you can relate to, as it progresses, then I've done my job.

I will work on the next chapter soon!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shawn1978 said:

Hey, I figured I had to throw your guys out an appetizer of some sort to nibble on! LOL!

But the real payoff is yet to come! 

Also I've noticed some flaws already in the story, so don't be surprised if you see edits to my story posts. I've noticed having Seth's name in a place or two where it should have been Eric. It's little things like that that I will need to correct.

I'm not as skillful of a writer as some of the many talented authors, so bear with me.

And just remember this. Even with my story flaws and mistakes, my intent to tell a great story is always there! If my story is one that any of you can relate to, as it progresses, then I've done my job.

I will work on the next chapter soon!

I know I'm not the only one waiting expectantly for the next chapter! Excellent story.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here's the next chapter of my story. Sorry it's taking a while to get the chapters written. With working a 12 hour day job, I usually come home, exhausted and don't even have the mental energy to write. But I work on each chapter as much as I can.

This chapter is pretty short, but I hope you enjoy it, as it continues where the previous chapter left off. I will check it for flaws later and make typo corrections later if I have to.

Enjoy!

Chapter 4

Eric sat there, transfixed, at Seth's huge biceps that were flexed before his eyes. He knew exactly what he wanted to do, at that moment.

Eric reached over, with both hands, and wrapped his fingers around Seth's biceps, and squeezed them hard.

"Wow!" Eric said, starting to breathe a bit heavy. "Seth your biceps are huge! And harder than rock!"

"Thanks, man!" Seth said, flashing his sexy smile at Eric again. The one that made Eric want to melt.

Eric couldn't seem to stop feeling Seth's biceps. And the funny thing was that Seth didn't seem to mind, because he didn't make any move to stop it.

"How big are these biceps of yours, Seth?" Eric asked, as he continued to feel them.

"20 inches." Seth replied. And I worked my ass off to reach that number of inches."

"Well your hard work has paid off, man!" Eric replied, as he let go of Seth's biceps, although reluctantly so. "Those are some of the biggest and hardest biceps I've ever felt!"

"Thanks." Seth said, grinning from ear to ear. "I'm glad you like them."

Eric's thoughts then got back to the issue at hand, which was about the job.

"So, about the job," Eric said. "May I have a shot at it?"

"Hmm." Seth pondered, narrowing his eyes, with a slight smile on his face. "Sure!"

"Yes!!" Eric exclaimed, making a fist and jerking his arm down in success!

"But I do have some conditions." Seth pointed out, raising his hand.

Eric's happy face turned serious, so quicky and so comically that Seth almost laughed out loud.

"What are those?" Eric asked almost cringing.

Seth raised his first finger, as he glanced at Eric, a very serious look on his face.

"One." Seth said. "Your college education is to come first, before this job. I don't want you to fall behind on your subjects and if there's an important exam or anything else that's important to be done, let me know, immediately, so I can either take on the extra work myself or have one of my extra farm hands cover you. A college education is very important, so I don't want you to fail school."

"Oh absolutely!" Eric assured him. "I worked my ass off to get into college, so I'm not going to derail my education for anything."

"Good to know." Seth replied, nodding his head, in agreement. Then he put up two fingers.

"And condition number two." He said. "I'm going to put your strength to the test. When we get back to the barn, I'm going to have you lift the bales of hay I've already banded and tied, and I'm going to have you stack them up, neatly in a stack of nine, which will be about 3 stacks high, so there's about 27 of them, altogether to stack. Once I see that you're able to stack enough of them, and if I'm satisfied with it, then you'll have the job for sure."

If Eric wasn't nervous before, he sure was now, hearing the second condition Seth had set for him to get the job. He certainly didn't want to let Seth down, not to mention humiliate and embarrass himself, in the process.

"Ok." Eric said. "I'll try my very best for you, Seth."

"That's all I ask." Seth said, getting up on his feet. "Now, come on, let's get the horses back to the barn."

Eric got up and started walking back, with Seth, to where Eli and Max were still tied to the fence posts.

As they walked, Eric heard his phone start dinging in his pocket, signalling a text message from someone. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at it. It was from Amy.

Amy: "Where are you?"

Seth turned and noticed Eric texting someone back on his phone.

"Who's texting you?" He asked Eric.

"Oh, it's just my best friend, Amy." Eric said, to him. "She's just wondering where I am."

"She sounds like a great friend." Seth said, as he was untying Max from the fence post.

"Oh, she's the best!" Eric replied, as he was untying Eli from the fence. "We've known each other since we were in the 9th grade."

"Nice." Seth replied, keeping a tight hold on Max's bridle. "So you two have known each other a long time."

"Yeah." Eric said, while holding Eli's bridle, in one hand, and texting Amy back with the other.

Eric: I'm at a farm not far away from here, inquiring about a job. I'll tell you more later after I come back on campus."

After about 10 seconds, Amy's text came through.

Amy: "Ok. Good luck!"

Smiling, Eric pocketed his phone and glanced back up at Seth, who was about to mount Max.

"Seth, wait a minute." Eric said,

Seth turned around. 

"What's up?" He asked, glancing at Eric.

Eric took in Seth's handsomeness, as he gazed at him. Eric still felt like Seth was just too beautiful a man to be real. Just that morning, he was feeling sad about possibly never seeing this handsome man again, and yet, as Amy had said to him, earlier that day, fate had brought the two of them together again. What exactly it meant, Eric did not know. But all he did know is whether or not he got the job, helping out on the farm, he wanted to get to know Seth more and see him as much as he was able to.

"I just wanted to thank you." Eric said to him. "For the horseback ride, and giving me a fair shot at trying out for this job." And for the front double biceps flex. That was awesome!"

Seth laughed, showing off his beautiful teeth and something Eric hadn't noticed before: His sexy dimples.

"My pleasure, man!" Seth said, flashing that irresistible smile of his. "Now, come on, let's get these guys back to their stalls. It's going to get dark soon."

"Ok." Eric nodded, smiling back at him.

The two men mounted their horses and rode back to the farmhouse. As they came towards the house, Seth's mother, Deborah, came outside to greet them.

"Well, it seems like you boys are getting along, well." She said, warmly.

Seth climbed off of Max and walked to the front of him and grabbed his bridle. Eric got off of Eli and did the same with him.

"Eric, I didn't know that you knew how to ride a horse." Deborah said to him.

"I used to ride horses with my Dad every summer when I was a kid." Eric said to her, as he was petting Eli's nose.

Once again, just like Seth's eyes took on a look of sadness earlier when Eric had been talking about his Dad, the same sad expression came upon Deborah's face, too. Eric immediately knew what she was thinking about.

"I'm very sorry for your loss, Mrs. Lombardo."

"Thank you, Eric." Deborah said, then added. "And remember, you can call me Deborah, like I told you, earlier."

"I know." Eric said, with a amused grin on his face. "But I just didn't want to call you that in front of Seth. I didn't want to come off as disrespectful, considering I'm still a complete stranger to you, both."

Deborah raised her eyebrows in surprise, and glanced over at Seth.

"Wow." She said to him. "Not only is this young man a charmer, but a gentleman too. That's rare to find around here, these days."

"True." Seth said, then motioned towards Max. "Let me get Max, here, back in his stall."

"Ok, Sweetheart." Deborah replied. "And Eric and I will follow you in, with Eli."

Seth then remembered about the mouse he had seen, earlier, that had caused Eli to freak out.

"Oh that's right, I just remembered." Seth said. "There was a mouse in Eli's stall that caused him to freak out earlier when I was about to talk to Eric about the job. I'd better get some mouse traps set up in there to get rid of it."

"I wondered what all the commotion was out there earlier." Deborah replied. "I didn't come out right away because I had to keep an eye on dinner, and the Blueberry pie I was baking was about ready to come out of the oven." By the time, I came out there, you boys must have already ridden the horses out to the field."

"Yeah, Eric said it'd been a while since he'd ridden a horse, so I asked him if he'd like to take a ride, and he was all for it." Seth mentioned to her.

"And I had a blast." Eric said, then turned to Seth. "Thank you, Seth."

" You're welcome." Seth said, smiling at Eric. Eric smiled back at him.

Deborah was looking back and forth between the two of them, with a strange amused look on her face. Then, she turned to Eric.

"Would you like to stay for dinner, Eric?" She offered. "You're more than welcome."

Eric was surprised by the offer, but he didn't want to impose on them.

"Oh No." Eric said, politely. "Thanks for the lovely offer, but I wouldn't want to impose."

"You wouldn't be." Seth reassured him. "It's fine. Besides, if you're gonna be working with us, you're going to be having dinner with us a lot. And my mother never lets an employee go home hungry."

Eric then realized that Seth was right. So, he figured he may as well join them for dinner.

"Well, in that case," Eric replied to both of them. "I would be honored to join you both for dinner."

"Great." Deborah said. "I'm going to go and set the table. You boys go ahead and get the horses back in their stalls."

"Yes, Mom." Seth said, then after his mom walked into the house, he turned to Eric and said. "And you are going to help me with those bales of hay, after we get these guys squared away. Come on."

As Seth led Max, into the barn, Eric followed behind him, with Eli. As they walked through the barn, Eric glanced over to his left and saw a bunch of squared bales of hay, already tied, laying in a scattered heap by the wall. They had yet to be stacked. And they were big. Eric's nervousness came back to him again. What if those really were heavier than he could handle?

Seth opened the gate to Max's stall and led him inside of it. After he was inside, Seth shut the gate and secured it. Then, he walked back to Eric, who was standing there, holding Eli's bridle rein.

"Here, let me take him." Seth offered, holding out his hand. 

Eric handed over the reins to him, and Seth led Eli into his stall and got out to close the gate, making sure it was secure as well. Especially should Eli have another freak out if the mouse would return.

Once that was done, he turned back to Eric and walked back over to where he was standing.

"Alright, Eric." Seth said to him. "Are you ready to stack these bales of hay?"

"As ready as I'll be, I guess." Eric replied, turning around towards the bales of hay.

"Alright." Seth said. "Stack them in 3 rows of 3, and 3 layers high."

Eric looked at all the bales of hay and took a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing." Eric said, as he bent down to pick up the first bale of hay nearest him.

Eric crouched down, to a squat and, using his legs strength picked up the first bale of hay. He noticed it was heavy, but not too heavy for him. After that, he picked up another. And another. And another one until he made his first row of nine. Then, He prepared for the second layer.

Seth watched Eric work on the second layer, like it was nothing. Eric was already on his 18th bale of hay and didn't yet look like he was getting tired yet. But Seth knew that Eric would soon find out just how heavy the third layer was going to be because now he was going to have to use his arms strength, mostly, to lift and move them around at the top.

Eric crouched down into a squat position once again and picked up the next bale of hay. But as he was lifting it, he realized as he was bringing it up to the top of the stack, that he had to use all of his arm strength to lift it up there, making those bales feel much heavier. Eric got the bale of hay up there and then stopped for a second.

"Are you ok?" Seth asked him, looking at him, in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Eric said, then grinned and added. "Actually, I'm just getting warmed up."

Before Seth could say anything else, Eric was removing his shirt off of his nicely defined muscular torso. Still not knowing Seth's sexual orientation, Eric decided to test him a little bit.

"Ah, that's better." Eric said, throwing his shirt over a nearby rack. "Now, let's finish this."

Eric grabbed another bale of hay and proceeded to lift it up to the top of the stack, like he had the first one. Then he lifted another and another. As he got to the 25th bale, he could feel that he was starting to sweat a bit heavily. He grinned, as that was exactly what he wanted. He knew that if he was getting hot and sweaty, Seth would definitely notice it.

Eric was right. Seth, who had been watching him, the whole time, had definitely been affected when Eric had taken off his shirt. Having only seen Eric's biceps, he was shocked at just how nicely built and defined Eric's body actually was. Eric's chest was perfectly built from top to bottom. His abs were chiseled with deep lines between them. And his well defined lats gave him a nicely V tapered look.

As Eric bent down to pick up the 26th bale of hay, Seth found his eyes scanning the rest of Eric's body. His eyes stopped at Eric's ass, as he noticed Eric glutes tensed through his jeans. He saw Eric's triceps flex as he lifted to a standing position. He saw Eric turn towards the stack and watched his biceps flexing as he carried it over to it. Then, watched as Eric hoisted it up onto the stack, noticing the muscles in Eric's back rippling and flexing as he was lifting.

"My God." Seth thought to himself. "I had no idea this guy was stronger than he looks. And his body looks great!"

Eric picked up the 27th bale of hay and stacked it on the  top of the haystack. After he had finished he was breathing a little heavy.

"That was invigorating!"Eric said, turning to grab his shirt. He picked it up and put it back on. Then, he turned back towards Seth.

"So," He said, to Seth. "Did I pass the test?"

Seth was glancing at him, with a strange look on his face. Eric noticed that it looked like he was staring at him.

"Seth?" Eric tried again.

"Oh!" Seth said, shaking his head. Then he smiled at him "Yes, you did a great job!"

"Thank you." Eric replied. "So, if you're happy with this, does this mean I can have the job?"

Seth glanced at Eric, who's face had such a look of pure confidence written all over it. How could Seth say no?

"It's yours!" Seth said, with a sexy grin. 

"Awesome!" Eric replied, with the biggest grin on his face. "Thanks so much, Seth. I promise I won't let you down."

"Oh, I have no doubt about that, man." Seth told him, crossing his arms over his chest. "Seeing you handle those bales of hay like you did, just proved to me that you are much stronger than you look."

"Thanks." Eric said, warmly. "I have a question for you."

"Shoot." Seth said, still gazing at Eric.

"May I invite my friend, Amy, out to the farm for a ride some time?" Eric asked. "She loves horses just as much as I do, and she could also help your mom out around the house, if she would need any assistance with anything."

"Of course you can." Seth said, nodding. "Amy sounds like a great friend to you and I'd love to meet her. As for helping out my mom, well, that's going to be for my mom to decide since she is very independent."

"Cool." Eric said. "I'm sure your Mom will love Amy. Amy has been known to charm anyone."

"We'll see." Seth said, with a grin.

Just then, the two men heard Deborah's voice from the house.

"Come on in, you two!" She called out. Your dinner's getting cold!"

"Well, on that note, I think We'd better get in there, if we still want to eat a hot meal." Seth laughed.

Eric turned and grabbed his shirt from the rack and put it back on.

"Alright, let's go." Eric said, anxiously. "After handling those bales of hay, I am starving!"

Seth laughed as he and Eric walked towards the house to join Deborah at the dinner table.

Edited by Shawn1978
Story flaws and corrections
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2