A is for Alpha and Antoine - Part Five

londonboy

“Well, it looks like it’s just you and me . . . hey, what’s your name, little man.”

“Jose.”

“Good name.  Well, it looks like it’s just you and me, Jose.  Are you ready to go take on some bad guys . . . who actually used to be your leader and comrades?”

“I only work for Mr. Alpha now.”

“What’s that, Jose?”

“I am your assistant, now . . . sir.”

“Hey, I always wanted an assistant.  Do you do laundry?  Not that I have a lot.  I mostly wear posers.  I’ve just always wanted to ask someone that.”

“I can do laundry, clean, and cook.”

“You’re hired.  When we’re done here I’ll take you back to my pad.  Oh, do you do light repair work . . . you know, like holes in the ceiling.”

“I do construction and painting.”

“That makes you even more invaluable.  I tend to break things, if you haven’t noticed.”

“Trust me.  I notice.”

“Okay, to the big house we go, my friend, Jose.”

The Ecuadorean smaller ex-guerilla had clearly become accustomed to the big man, in just a few hours.  He raised his arms slightly, so Antoine could wrap a big arm around the guy’s torso for carrying.  It was as natural as a child expecting his mother to lift him when he needed something, except, to Antoine, the small man weighed even less than a small child.  The superhero had just lifted a tank as easily as someone lifts a paper cup.  Jose was now an official sidekick.  A normal human assistant, who would help clean up after Antoine got too excited and made a mess when he destroyed things.  The giant knew his old friend, Marty, would be happy that he had a new ally in Jose.  Marty didn’t appreciate Antoine’s strength the same way Jose obviously did.  Mr. Alpha assumed he’d now get begged for strength feats at home.  Each day would be filled with Jose making up labors for Antoine to do – just like some modern day Hercules.  The thought of pleasing the little fella made the superhero contemplate wrapping up his present assignment in less than a minute – so they could head home – but then he realized all the exciting things he could do here to show off for Jose and that got him even more excited.  By this point, Antoine had his new sidekick under his bulging right arm and was soaring through the air to land beside the big house.  Jose was getting used to the way the powerful thrust of Antoine’s legs made the wind super strong as it whipped by his body.  The big man, of course, felt nothing, but it was like being in the middle of a hurricane for his sidekick.  After they landed, Antoine set the little guy on the ground.

“I was thinking they could use some double wide French doors in this spot.  You know, to catch those beautiful sunsets on those hills behind us.  That’s me, always thinking of someone else.  There are a few men on the other side of this thick wall, Jose.  I’d stay to the side until they run out of bullets.  Trust me, even though word had surely gotten out that bullets do nothing to me, they’re still gonna let loose like I was a hundred men invading.  It’s just what the bad guys do – even if they know I’ll deflect them like they were feathers.  Here we go.  Stay protected little man.  Don’t worry, I’ll make sure you get to watch all the good stuff.”

“It is awesome, yes?”

“What’s awesome, Jose?”

“To know you can, how do you say . . . bust, yes bust in wall with hands.”

“Oh . . . yeah, yeah it’s really awesome.  There are a lot of things I can do.  It will be fun to show you.  It’s actually pretty easy for me to ram my fist through a wall . . . well, actually anything.  I can punch through anything.”

Antoine smiled at his little sidekick.  He knew at that moment he had made the right decision to bring the strength junkie into the fold.  Having an adoring fan around him all the time was going to be fun.  Marty got tired of strength displays and destruction.  Mr. Alpha had the feeling that his new partner had no limit to his love of strength.  It was weird – the guy was not in love with Antoine, he wasn’t wired that way – but he was, however, in love with what the big man could do.  Antoine turned back toward the wall and raised his larger-than-a-man’s-head fist to easily plow through the wall.  An almost imperceptible light tap on his other biceps stopped him.  When he turned to look down toward Jose, the small man was smiling and holding up his little pinkie.  Mr. Alpha immediately understood.

“I like the way you think, little friend.  It is time for a workout for my little finger.”

Antoine’s pinkie was actually thicker than both of Jose’s thumbs put together.  The small sidekick kept renewing his envy of the big man’s hands every time he looked at them.  He felt inadequate every time.  Mr. Alpha pressed his small finger against the big wall.  He applied pressure – the same amount another guy might push against wet tissue – and suddenly there was a popping sound and cracks started shooting out all over the concrete, originating from the fingertip.  Tiny fissions turned into long cracks.  Long, narrow cracks turned into big cracks, which then turned into gaping valleys until, with a loud crash, and elephant sized hole in the wall fell inward.  Inside it had probably sounded like some kind of monstrous machine was barreling through the wall.  The stunned looks on the guerillas’ faces inside made entering with just a pinkie push that much more exciting.  Antoine just smiled at the armed cadre of soldiers as dust settled and the sound of destruction subsided.

“Ooops, sorry fellas, I might have pushed a little too hard.”

Antoine knew what was coming next, so he pushed his small friend behind the part of the wall that was still standing.  He knew the minds of criminals – especially when they were introduced to the unimaginable strength of Mr. Alpha.  All logic escaped the brain.  No matter how many times these guys had been radioed that the giant, mostly naked muscleman that had arrived found bullets nothing more than a nuisance, that information left all consciousness as soon as they were gazing upon his massive bulges in person.  Without even thinking, they wanted to put a ton of bullets between him and them – in hopes all the stories they had heard were untrue.  Even if the guy had just taken out an insanely thick wall with what seemingly seemed like nothing more than a press you’d use to ring a doorbell, they hoped to heaven they could stop him or slow him down enough to make a run for it.  Thousands of bullets shot out towards Antoine.  And each one flattened against his hard flesh and fell to the ground.  To make the guns look even more useless and to put on a little show, Antoine began to pose as he was sprayed with machine gun fire.  It was sort of surreal, even for the superhero, to be throwing his arms into a double biceps pose or crunching out a most muscular as he deflected bullets the way most people’s bodies absorbed and popped bubbles.  Jose was close enough to see the bullets compact on themselves as soon as they touched the muscled-packed body of Antoine.  It was just like bugs hitting the windshield of a car traveling over a hundred miles an hour.  The big man just kept on flexing – as if it was only sprinkling rain a little onto his huge body.  Guns finally ran out of bullets and the cacophony ended. 

“I see you fellas didn’t get the memo.  Your bullets don’t even dent in my skin – they do tickle a little.   I’m sorry you wasted so much ammunition, but it really is your fault for not listening to the shocked voices of your friends earlier screaming through their walkie-talkies.  Everybody give my buddy, Jose, your guns.”

Antoine reached behind the wall and grabbed the back of his small partner’s collar.  Lifting him off the ground easily and moving him through the hole in the wall and setting him on the floor.  Jose still had his fingers in his ears because of all the rapid fire from before.  He took his right finger out and made a meek wave to his former comrades.  He then quickly went around the room and gathered the ten to twelve guns in the room.  It was difficult for him to carry them, but he finally made it back to Mr. Alpha.  The big man wrapped his arms around the bouquet of machine guns and squeezed – tightly.  To say the guns molded together was an understatement.  It was more like some giant machine had melted the middle of each weapon, wrapped them all together like someone wringing out a dishcloth, and then let them refashion into one glob as they solidified again.  It looked like some weird piece of modern art.  Jose wasn’t sure if Mr. Alpha had increased his body heat a hundred fold to make it happen or if he had merely squeezed so hard it happened automatically.  Either way, it was impressive as hell.  

“I don’t think you guys will ever get those things apart again . . . and even if you did, I can guarantee you they won’t work.  Just imagine what a hug from me could do to the group of you fellas.  Whoa, the looks of fear on your faces say you’re definitely imagining it.  Well, look at this, Jose.  These fellas are trying to get into the door where the Ambassador and his family are imprisoned.  It seems like something’s keeping them out.  That’s a mighty big drill you have there, fellas, if I do say so myself – and I know big drills.  Looks like you haven’t gotten very far.  Mind if I give you a hand?”

It was clear that Antoine’s earlier handiwork – inside the prison vault – had definitely worked.  A computer console with multiple gunshot holes over near the door led the big man to believe the soldiers had gotten quite disturbed when nothing they did would open the mechanical door.  He was sure they had chosen to machine gun the console – just to see if that would make it work.  Now, they had a major heavy looking, artillery-grade drill, which they had been clearly using to try and get through the huge thick metal door.  It was clear that the piece of machinery was so big it needed three normal men to use it.  Antoine walked over and easily picked the thing up in his huge paws, handling it like it was nothing more than a water pistol. 

“Now that I’m here, guys, you won’t be needing this thing.  I’m much more powerful than this little thing.”

With those simple words, Mr. Alpha snapped the huge drill in two – ripping it apart being nothing more than child’s play for him.  The thing screeched loudly as Antoine pulled it into two pieces.  Jose was starting to love the sound of metal when it screamed because Mr. Alpha manipulated it in a way that was not normal.  As a matter of fact, the noise was beginning to be an automatic stimulant below his belt.  Antoine then smashed the two drill pieces together in his hands and pushed so hard that they basically became one.  He then tossed it on the ground in front of the still stunned soldiers.  The poor men still hadn’t gotten used to the powerful masked muscleman in front of them.

“Let’s open this little door, shall we?”

Antoine was so ‘in charge’ that he turned his back to the little cadre of guerillas and faced the huge vault like door that was about the size of a garage opening.  The big man knew the soldiers were so enwrapped in what he was doing that they would be passive and obedient, even without him giving any orders.  They definitely wanted to see what came next.  Antoine’s back seemed almost as wide as the door, itself.  He inhaled deeply, sending his shoulders back and highlighting his insane V-shape even more.  The man’s physique truly was spectacular – even for a superhero.  Antoine had not wanted to just be powerful – he had desired to look powerful, too.  He wanted to be one of those men people always begged to take off his shirt.  He desired to look strong and huge no matter what he was wearing  . . . or not wearing.  The big man could feel the others in the room admiring him – and feeling deep awe as they gazed at all his beefiness. 

“It seems the combination for opening this door, fellas, is pretty simple – it’s muscles, strength, and Mr. Alpha.”

Antoine spread his arms and pressed his fingers against the metal of the vault door.  His arms exploded with veins and deep striations as he pushed in – his fingers sinking into the metal as if he were some chef fingering dough.  His hands sank into the thick steel until his fingers completely disappeared – total submerged.  He braced his thumbs against the door and bent his fingers – anchoring them securely inside the steel frame.  Every muscle on his body exploded as Antoine pulled – his upper body responding to the powerful pull from his biceps and his legs bulging out because of the door’s resistance.  Mr. Alpha was immediately surprised that his super strength didn’t rip open the door with one tug, but then he remembered, that he, himself, had secured the thing on the inside, so he was battling his own work as well as the door and wall.  The huge muscleman also knew, however, that the door would certainly submit – it would just take a little more effort.  That was the best part of being a superhero, never having to doubt your power.  Antoine, wanting to make sure he still impressed his onlookers, let out a deep, guttural growl and doubled the strength in his pull.  Jose could not control himself when he saw what was happening.  He made the sign of a cross on himself and spoke out loud. 

“Santo infierno and holy hell!” 

Muscles exploded bigger everywhere on the superhero.  It seemed that he doubled in size or grew like the Incredible Hulk from the exertion.  Ripping the steel door off wasn’t enough for Antoine; he was ripping most of the steel, double enforced wall off the front of the room, as well.  The entire façade was coming off in his tight grip; like it was some kind of doll house you could open up to play.  The entire house seemed to shift as Mr. Alpha pried steel from steel – tearing an entire room apart.  Steel girders popped in two, concrete disintegrated because it was powerless against the man, and the entire metal front of the vault was carried away in Antoine’s hands.  The entire room sounded like it was part of an explosion – the men shielded themselves in case the wall came tumbling down.  That, however, didn’t happen.  Antoine knew everything was connected to the giant thick metal wall that had been the fourth for the room.  He continued to hold the huge thing in his hands and turned to his new friends.

“Now that’s what I call an entrance!  What does one do with a wall?  I guess lean it up against another one.”

The big man kind of looked like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  He was looking around – trying to think of how he could best deposit his handiwork somewhere.  Ripping off a wall isn’t something one does every day, so there wasn’t really a precedent set as how to handle it.  Antoine carried it over to a far side of the big lobby-like room they were in and leaned it against the wall where his earlier hole had been shoved through with just a pinkie.  He banged the thing around like a bull in a china shop – hitting the ceiling, knocking furniture over, and causing men to run quickly as to avoid being smashed.  As soon as he had dislodged his hands from the steel, Antoine shot his arms into a double biceps pose and looked at his now freakishly big peaks.

“There’s nothing like plucking out a wall to build up the arms.  Wouldn’t you agree, Jose?”

The guerilla-turned-sidekick merely shook his head up and down as he gazed at his new friend’s huge arms.  They were now bigger than small children.  The biceps ballooned beside Antoine’s head in a way that made him seem like a living morph.  His strength was certainly amazing, but the combination of his strength and size was beyond what anyone would think possible.  Antoine dropped his arms and walked over to the giant gaping entrance he had made to the prison vault.

“Oh no, fellas, look.  The vault is empty!  There’s no Ambassador or his family.  I completely forgot to tell you I saved them a couple of hours ago.  Yep, see that big hole in the middle of the room – where the metal floor is ripped apart like wrapping paper.  That was me, fellas – busting up through the floor and helping your prisoners escape.  I didn’t let on because I still wanted to have some fun – you know, ripping apart a tank, deflecting missiles with my pecs, and tearing out walls with my bare hands.  So here’s what I think you should do, my friends.  I think you should jump down that hole and when you get out on the other side of the tunnel I think you should return home and be good men.  I could have easily flattened all of you with the wall, but I didn’t, did I?  I don’t think you all are bad guys; I just think you were convinced by someone to do turn bad.  What do you say, fellas?  Do you want to escape or shall I show you what these monstrous arms can do to each of you?”

There wasn’t even a heartbeat between the end of Antoine’s question and the moment when every single guy in the room started running towards the handmade torn hole in the floor.  No one doubted the strength of Mr. Alpha – they had seen what it could do, firsthand.  They also had no intention of finding out what kind of damage a bear hug could do to their bodies.  Even Jose, getting wrapped up in the moment and forgetting about Antoine’s earlier proposal, started running toward the hole.  Seeing the wall so easily destroyed made him a little nervous about his new friend.  Mr. Alpha quickly reached out and grabbed his intended sidekick at the back of his pants – lifting him off the ground as if he weighed nothing more than a toothpick.  Jose’s legs kept pumping hard and it was clear the guy thought he was still traveling across the room even though he wasn’t moving.  He finally stopped and looked up at the big man.

“I didn’t mean you, Jose.  I still want you as my sidekick, if you’ll have me.”

The look of relief on Jose’s face definitely gave Antoine the answer he desired.  It was quite clear that the little guy was still trying to grasp the full extent of the power his new friend possessed.  It was not every day a superhero asks you to be his sidekick.  What did you bring to the relationship to match his ability to fold a tank into something the size of a napkin or the strength it took to rip apart houses.  Jose was still dangling in the air – held easily by the one hand of his big friend.  That’s when they heard the sound of what could only be the motor of a plane being started.  Antoine looked down at his friend and smiled.

“Rubio is trying to escape.  This ought to be good.” 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1