Muscle University

muscleaddict

1 minute ago, muscleaddict said:

Well just in case anyone thinks I'm copying anything I can confirm I've never seen that show! 😅 And yeah - there might be some hurdles to overcome but as usual I won't say much for fear of giving away! 😉

Of course, I wouldn't think that man. I just happened to remember that saying from watching that show. It was purely coincidental.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bjort said:

C’mon Woody, just kiss him already for fucks sake!!!   We can’t take much more of this!!! 😜

Well, you know - this night in Bristol is still young. Anything could happen. 🤐

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WashburnDaddy said:

At this rate one of us might barge in to the pub and make a pass at Luke - or Woody! Anyhow - it’s all such good stuff so far!

Are you hinting that you'd maybe like a new chapter today?! 🤔

• Like 4

Twenty

Emily comes back to the table with Max and his friend in toe. “Remember Seb?” she says.

Max is giving me a big grin. “How could I forget?” he replies. “Happy Birthday!” 

I tell him thanks, stand up, wrap an arm around him briefly and give him a kiss on the cheek. He’s so short and slim I completely dwarf him. He’s got this big, giddy grin on his face. I look at Luke and fuck - he’s wearing that weird, serious expression again. The same one he had when we were back at Emily’s and I said Max was cute. Like he’s bothered by me kissing Max and his flirty nature. Like he’s actually fucking jealous!

“Cool t-shirt!” Max says. I tell him thanks and give Luke a knowing grin and his expression softens. 

“This is Leonard!” Max says to me, referring to his friend. He's a little bit taller. Kinda serious looking. 

Leonard doesn’t say anything. He just gives me a forced half smile, then side eyes Max with this judgemental look on his face. Woah. What the fuck? He’s a bit warmer to Luke and seems fine with Emily. Huh. What the hell did I do? Maybe I’m just reading things wrong.

Max sits in the chair next to Luke and I feel a sharp tug in my stomach. Because the two of them actually look good together. And Max looks like the kind of guy who you’d expect Luke to be with.

The conversation gets around to university. Both Max and Leonard are at Bristol too. 

“What are you studying, Luke?” Max asks, turning his head to my roommate and oh God, what is that look on Max’s face? It’s like he’s thinking how cute Luke is. Am I imagining that? Oh for fuck’s sake, Woody. Do NOT do this. Do not turn into a jealous freak like you did the last time you caught another gay guy talking to Luke in a pub.

“Oh, I’m at Montgomery with Woody. Erm ...  Seb!” he says, a little coyly, which I can’t help smiling at.

“Oh right!” Max says, surprised. I know what he’s thinking. 

“You haven’t seen what’s hiding under that t-shirt!” I tease.

Luke looks embarrassed but his mouth curls into this cute little grin. He’s clearly flattered by my comment. Max lifts one eyebrow, smiles and gives Luke this flirtatious look. My stomach sharply twists in response. I can’t fucking help it.

“In six months time, his arms will be as big as mine!” I say. Max and Luke are grinning. Meanwhile Max’s friend Leonard is just glaring at me with this look of pure judgement, like he’s not impressed in the slightest. What the fuck is this dude’s problem?

“What are you studying, Leonard?” I’m polite, but I put a slightly harsh tone on his name.

“3D Design and Illustration!” he says, straight faced.

Huh. I wasn’t expecting that. So me and this guy actually have something in common. I nod and pull a face like I’m somewhat impressed. 

“Seb does illustrations!” Emily says, eagerly.

I feel a pinch of nerves. Leonard nods and for the first time, he looks like he doesn’t want to be anywhere other than here. “What software do you use?” he asks.

My chest tightens. “Oh er, I don’t bother with anything like that!” I say casually. Leonard just glares at me. “I just use a pencil and paper!” 

Leonard nods, turns his gaze to his drink and pulls a face before taking a sip. What a fucking DICK.

Luke is observing the scene. I can’t work out his expression. “He’s actually really, really good!” he says a little nervously. And now he’s looking at me with this coy smile. Fuck. I can not believe Luke just did that. My insides suddenly feel like they’re melting.

“He’s very talented!” Emily says, nudging me in the side and giving me this cute smile. Wow. These guys. I’m suddenly filled with this overwhelming sense of warmth towards my friends.

“That’s not my main talent though!” I announce, feeling mischievous.

Everyone looks at me blankly. I put my drink down, sit up straight, cough loudly and start bouncing my pecs under my Johnny Bravo t-shirt. Emily groans, Luke bites his lip and grins and Max is looking at my chest beaming, his face all lit up. Meanwhile, Leonard is just staring at me, unimpressed and stony-faced. 

“Now THAT is a talent!” Max exclaims. “Can I … have a feel?” he asks with a cheeky grin on his face. Ha! I forgot how much fun this guy is. 

I smile and shrug. “Go for it!”

As he reaches his arm out and playfully grabs my left pec, I notice something flicker across Luke’s face. Again - it’s like he’s bothered by what’s happening.

“Wow!” Max exclaims, still squeezing. I give my pecs a little bounce and he lets out an excited giggle. And now Luke looks a little awkward. Even a bit nervous. I have no idea what’s going through his head. Whether he’s jealous because someone got to feel my pecs. Whether he’s wishing he could do what Max just did and reach over and touch my muscles. Fuck. If only he knew just how much I’d love for him to do that. For Luke to feel my pecs. To flex and tense and bounce them for him. To watch his face as he feels the thick chest muscle bouncing and moving underneath his fingertips. 

Max lets go and Luke’s expression relaxes a little. And now he just looks a little embarrassed. Meanwhile, Leonard side eyes Max with this stern expression, like he’s deeply unimpressed by his friend’s behaviour and he’s letting him know with a look. 

The guys start talking about some independent cinema in Bristol and as much as I love Emily and think Max is really cool, I suddenly wish it was just me and Luke sitting at the table. He looks so fucking cute tonight in his tight fitted blue t-shirt. It’s the same one he wore when I took him to the SU bar. I can tell he’s a little shy around Emily’s friends. He’s not acting the way he normally does when we go out drinking. Analysing me and asking me questions. I wonder what he’s thinking. I accidentally hit his foot with mine under the table and fuck - his face lights up. Just for a second. 

I have a flash of inspiration, take out my phone and compose a text message. “Having fun?” (with the one eye closed, tongue out emoji). I press send and wait for Luke to respond, feeling a surprising pinch of excitement.

Luke suddenly gets his phone out of his pocket. Then his mouth curls into this big, giddy grin when he looks at the screen and oh my fucking God. I can’t believe seeing my name on his phone screen caused THAT smile.

He looks at the group and gives me a mischievous, knowing grin. He taps away and I feel a rush of excitement at what he’s messaging. My phone beeps and I check it, trying not to smile too much to give away how excited I am at receiving a text from Luke.

“Yes! (Smiley face emoji.) I can’t believe you’ve had your pecs felt up already!” 

I have to bite my lip to stop from smiling so much. Luke’s giving me this cute, knowing grin. I look at the rest of the guys around the table. No one’s paying us any attention.

I turn back to my phone. “I’m not sure Leonard was impressed with the pec bouncing!” I text, with the eye rolling emoji.

Luke mischievously grins when he reads my text. He taps away to reply and I spot Leonard looking at us both, stony-faced and suspicious. Like he knows what we’re up to. Ha! I can’t resist giving him a look, as if to say, “Got a fucking problem, Leonard?”

Moments later I receive Luke’s text. “Hmmm. Dare you to whip off your t-shirt, stand up and squeeze a most muscular in his face! (Monkey covering his mouth emoji.)”

I laugh out loud at that. I can’t help it.

“Who are you texting?!” Emily asks. And then she looks at Luke suspiciously. Busted!

“Elliot!” I lie, shrugging. Emily gives me a suspicious look.

“Older brother!” I explain to Max, who’s looking at me.

“Is he as fit as you?” Max outrageously asks. Ha! I grin at him and Luke’s expression flickers again. ARGH! 

“Right! Who wants a drink?” I ask the group, commanding everyone’s attention. “Max? Len-Meister?” I say, looking at Leonard. He furrows his eyebrows and just glares at me. “Good thanks!” he says coldly. Luke’s smirking at me, clearly amused. Then Leonard side eyes Max again with that judgemental look. For fuck’s sake. Does the dude not realise I can see him doing that?

As I’m standing at the bar, I look back to the table. Luke is looking at me and God, I have this overwhelming feeling. Like I really wanna kiss Luke tonight. Whatever the consequences. Maybe this is the perfect night. Away from university. Out drinking. Inhibitions gone. And then I remember that we’ll be sharing a bed again tonight. Fuck. Maybe I won’t just be kissing Luke tonight.

The bar man asks me what I want. He’s fit. Really fit actually. Young, shaved head, a bit of a bad boy look to him. And he’s giving me a look. He’s definitely giving me a look.

I order everyone’s drinks and then ask for a round of sambuca shots on top of that. Fuck it. I wanna get wasted. And I wanna kiss Luke. I feel this sudden rush of excitement. Because I feel like anything could happen tonight. 

“Alright!” 

I’m so engrossed in my thoughts that I don’t notice the guy who’s standing next to me. 

He’s older. Possibly late thirties, maybe even older. He’s no bodybuilder but his arms are thick and his pecs are straining underneath his tight fitted black t-shirt. Next to me he’s definitely the most muscular guy in the room. He’s not conventionally handsome and his skin’s a little rough looking, but there’s a sexiness there. And this impressive air of confidence. It’s sort of radiating from him.

I nod at him and give him a friendly smile.

“You a Bristolian?” he asks me.

I smirk and shake my head. “Just here the weekend. Staying with my best friend!”

“The lad in the blue?”

I feel a little flutter in my chest at the mention of Luke. I look back to the table and he’s looking right at us with an expression like he’s just been kicked in the stomach. Fuck!

I turn back to the guy and shake my head. “The girl!” I tell him, my insides doing funny things as I think about that look on Luke’s face. Clearly bothered and possibly jealous that I’m stood at the bar chatting to a rather fit stranger.

“I’m Steve!” he tells me. 

I can definitely tell he’s interested but there’s a casualness there. It’s a completely different approach to what I’m used to. Most guys who talk to me in pubs and clubs are so eager for me to be interested. I can almost sense their desperation. This guy’s different though. I can’t imagine him acting like most guys do the next day. Texting me and getting obsessed even though we’ve only spent one night together. Who knows - it might even be me who’s sitting around and getting anxious as I wait to hear from him. 

“I’m Seb!” I tell him, though I really can’t imagine this guy giving me the look I usually get when I tell people my name’s Woody. 

“Are you heading to Icon later?” Steve asks, as my drinks come. I nod at him. 

“Come say hello!” he says.

If I’d have met Steve two months ago I probably would have ended the night by going home with him. But that was before Luke. Luke and his cheek dimples and his cute little arse which I may actually get to see stuffed into his brand new shiny pink posers soon. I nod and smile at Steve before heading back to the group.

“Shots!” I announce, interrupting a conversation. Max and Emily look especially pleased. Luke seems a little preoccupied. Like something’s on his mind. Maybe the fact that I was just chatting to a pretty sexy muscle guy at the bar? I think about making a joke. “Think I made a new friend at the bar!” But I don’t know how Luke will react. And I would never do anything to intentionally upset him. So I keep quiet.

Max downs his shot, grimaces and animatedly sticks his tongue out and grabs Luke’s forearm. As he does so, Luke’s mouth curls into a shy, little grin and my stomach lurches. 

Leonard downs his shot and grimaces slightly. I’m quietly impressed with how cool he manages to do it. 

“What were you guys talking about?” I ask, after we’ve all done our shots.

“We were just telling Luke that me and Emily met at the LGBTQ+ society,” Max explains.

“Oh right. Me and Luke are gonna start one of those at Montgomery!” I joke.

Max looks confused. “Don’t they already have one?”

I laugh. “No!” I scoff.

Leonard is furrowing his eyebrows at me. “How can your university not have an LGBTQ+ society?” he says, with disdain.

Okay, this guy is starting to piss me off.

“He and Luke are the only two gay guys at their whole uni!” Emily teases, nudging me.

“That’s a joke, right?” Max asks. 

I look at Luke and he’s giving me a knowing grin. “Nope!” I reply. 

“Well, we don’t know for definite that there’s not other gay guys! I mean - there might be!” Luke replies. 

“Oh, so you two are the only out guys?”

I can’t help but laugh. “We’re not out!”

“Why not?” Leonard asks coldly, with this judgemental look.

Ugh! Can this guy just fuck off already?

I keep it casual and just shrug. “Things are … different at our uni. It’s not like it is down here!” I explain. Max looks confused. Leonard’s just glaring at me like he can’t comprehend a world where people aren’t openly gay.

“I’m sure people would be accepting of it!” Max says.

“Well I recently sent the kiss blowing emoji to a flirty gay guy on Instagram and my lecturer told me to delete it because it might damage my reputation in the bodybuilding community and potentially affect my future career!”

“What?!” Emily cries. 

“That’s fucked up!” Max chimes in. 

Luke’s looking at me surprised. “Which teacher?”

“Hancox!” I tell him. He still looks surprised, but not really that offended. I can’t really work out his expression to be honest.

“So what, you just don’t get openly gay bodybuilders?” Max asks.

I shrug. “It’s pretty rare! I guess there’s a bit of a stigma attached.”

“Jesus. What year is this?” Max suggests. I shrug and pull a face. I’m in complete agreement with Max. It is fucked up. Luke’s not saying anything, but I’m kinda getting the feeling that he doesn’t feel quite so strongly about it as I do.

“Okay, I know I don’t know much about it but … what if you, like, broke the mould?” Max suggests. I feel a pinch of excitement. 

“You know, like, set an example? Came out and be like, I’m a gay bodybuilder and I’m fucking proud of it?” Max says.

Fuck! I can feel my chest expanding because there’s a part of me that actually loves the idea of that. I look at Luke, who's now giving me a little grin.

“That would be … a pretty brave move!” I say. I’m tempted to make a joke about being a Gryffindor. 

“Just think, you could be like a role model to closeted gay bodybuilders!” Max says.

And that really does make me smile. I shrug. “Hmmm. Maybe!” And then I look at Luke, wondering what he thinks of Max’s suggestion. I wish I could read what’s on his mind right now.

A little later on the guys lead us to a club. The usual one me and Emily go to here in Bristol. Even though it’s pretty dead at the moment, I’m still getting the usual looks from people.

Max and Emily are getting drinks and Leonard’s disappeared somewhere, leaving me and Luke alone in a seated area by the bar. It’s nice with it being just the two of us for a moment, but for some reason, things don’t quite feel right between us. It’s like there’s something unspoken there.

“Alright, Mr Quiet?” I ask him. His mouth curls into this cute, coy grin and he nods at me.

“Are you wishing you’d stayed at Montgomery and had your Harry Potter marathon?”

His smile grows wider and he furrows his eyebrows. “Nah! I’m just … not that good in groups!” he says, with a little shrug. “Sorry!”

I want to tell him that he never has to apologise for who he is. And that I like him just the way he is. I feel a little flutter and this feeling of warmth goes through me when I think about that.

I lean into him. “Shall we just ditch them all?” I joke, looking at Max and Emily at the bar.

He gives me another cute grin. “Maybe take Emily with us? I really like her!”

“Max is funny!” I say. I feel a pull in my stomach as I look at Luke. He just nods and gives me a smile which seems a bit forced.

“And Leonard. Wow - what a charmer!”

Luke’s grin grows wider. “It’s like he thinks he’s better than us!”

“I know!” I scoff. “And he hasn’t even got pecs!”

I think about the conversation we just had in the pub about coming out at Montgomery. “Are you shocked about the Hancox thing?” I ask him, feeling a twinge of nerves.

He pulls a face. “A little! He is kind of old school though!” he says, almost like he’s excusing his actions. Huh. I can’t help wondering why isn’t Luke more pissed off.

I turn away from him and look towards Emily and Max at the bar. “I guess so! Pretty interesting what Max was saying earlier!” Luke looks at me a little unsure. 

“Coming out at uni. Being the first out gay bodybuilder at Muscle University!”

He nods, and pulls this face like it’s a completely ridiculous idea, almost something to laugh at and then smirks. I feel a sharp tug in my stomach.

“What was that look for?” I ask, perhaps a little too harshly.

Luke looks a little surprised. “Come on, Woody. You and me both know it’s not easy!”

I shrug. “Why not?”

“You know why!” 

“But why does it have to be that way? Why can’t a bodybuilder be openly gay and proud? Why is there this threat that it could ruin their reputation? Affect their career? Max was right. It’s fucked up!”

Luke doesn’t reply. It’s pretty obvious that he doesn’t feel as strongly about this stuff as I do. But I’m surprised at just how little it seems to affect him.

“Doesn’t it bother you?” I ask. “Aren’t you pissed off about what Hancox said to me?”

As soon as I say it, my stomach clenches. Because part of the reason why I think Luke should be more bothered about what Hancox said was because it was said to me. And if anyone said anything to upset Luke, I’d be fucking furious.

He furrows his eyebrows at me a little. “Woody - I get why you’re pissed off. I guess, for me though, honestly ... I’m just not that bothered about people knowing that I’m gay!”

Huh. “Oh-kaaay!”

“Like, if I do become a well known pro bodybuilder, why do people have to know that I’m gay?” He suddenly looks a little wary. Like he’s nervous about my reaction.

“I guess they don’t? But … it shouldn’t be an issue if they found out!”

“I just … don’t see why people have to know!” he says, biting his lip and still looking nervous about how I’ll react.

There’s other things I want to ask him. What if he met someone who he was crazy about, and who was crazy about him in return? Would he still not think that it mattered whether people knew he was gay or not? Wouldn’t he want the world to know that he was with someone special and amazing? But I can’t ask those questions. Of course I can’t. And now my stomach is lurching. Because what if he hasn’t met someone he’s crazy about? What if he hasn’t met someone special? What if these feelings that Emily and I think he has for me are barely anything at all?

“Well … I just don’t understand how, as a gay guy, you can be so relaxed about the whole thing!” I tell him, surprising even myself at the harshness to the tone of my voice. “Why it doesn’t bother you more!”

Luke’s face drops. He looks wounded. Emily and Max come over to us with our drinks. “You guys okay?” Emily asks, clearly sensing an atmosphere.

I don’t say anything. Because I’m not okay. I’m pissed off that Luke doesn’t care more about the gay bodybuilder thing. About the things that Hancox said to me. And I’m also kinda disappointed with his attitude. I’ve never felt these things towards Luke before, but weirdly, it feels kind of liberating. Like I’m suddenly in control of my emotions again.

I look at Max. Cute, ginger Max who’s flirty and fun. “Max - ever danced with a bodybuilder?”

He beams at me in response. Without thinking, I pull my Johnny Bravo t-shirt over my head, Max’s eyes bulging as he looks at my now bare torso.

Emily and Luke are looking from me to each other, both confused at what’s unfolding, Luke with a look of worry on his face, like a wounded puppy who’s trying to work out why his owner is suddenly mad at him and doesn’t want to play anymore. But right now, and for the first time in weeks, I really don’t fucking care about what he’s thinking. 

I stand up, leaving my too tight t-shirt on the seat next to my roommate, grab Max’s hand and lead him to the dancefloor, all eyes on me and my obscenely muscular body. Wow. I feel so fucking liberated. Like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Now that I don’t want to kiss Luke. Now that he’s pissed me off. I feel a similar rush of excitement I felt earlier in the bar as I walk away from my friends. And that sense again that anything could happen tonight. 

I don’t look back at Luke once.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Woody needs to understand thatnot everyone thinks liek him. I liked what Luke it's saying it's his POV with all the situation but Woddy was very childshish in that final part like wanting to prove something to Luke that Luke doesnt even know what.

• Like 1