Muscle University

muscleaddict

7 hours ago, WashburnDaddy said:

If only I had an AJ to hand to send round ‘to see you’ to chase you a long but hmm I don’t and ooh, you’d love every minute of it so it’s hardly a threat! 😜

Can't imagine this would help him write faster!  We'd probably never hear from him again.🤤

• Like 3

21 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Well it's partly because I was so eager to start sharing it, mate. Also with some chapters I think they're pretty much ready to go but when I revisit them I know they're not good enough and need to be better. And often those chapters I spend more time revising and improving receive a particularly good response. So yeah - for me it kinda works but I appreciate people's frustrations!

Feel free to send anyone resembling AJ my way. Every time I go back to my parents in Little Denton (okay it's not really called that) I take a trip to Tesco in the hope that I'll see a cute, short arsed bodybuilder waddling around as he spills out of his work uniform.

Don't change how you write - whatever your secret is IT WORKS and it WORKS REAL FINE.  I would much rather wait a little longer (and build the eager anticipation) for a perfect chapter than have one which is rushed - perfection takes time and your style is perfection itself.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, WashburnDaddy said:

Ha! I was thinking of AJ, Noah and you a few weeks ago - on a tram in Manchester when a very buff, muscled lad got on for a couple of stops and yes, he was wearing his Tesco uniform t-shirt and it was a marvellous sight! I was so, so tempted to think of an excuse to ask if I coudl take a pic of him but .... I don't have enough of the Gryffindor in me. Well, erm, you know what I mean!

Hehe! That's awesome, mate. Manchester might be a bit too far to go just to do my weekly Tesco shop unfortunately! 😅

17 hours ago, crushme99 said:

Oh I certainly hope you did not misunderstand my comment.  That little tinge of disappointment when I look and find no new chapter is certainly **NOT** a frustration with you, muscleaddict, or with the pace of your postings.  No no no, don't think that.  That "disappointment" is the flip side of my own eagerness and true appreciation for what you bring us.  DO NOT change your approach if what you are doing works for you.  We are the fortunate beneficiaries of your talent and imagination.  My anticipation is a heartfelt compliment, not a criticism.

No, mate - don't worry, I know your comment was meant with nothing but good intention! 😊 I've had other feedback regarding the rollout too so the comment about understanding people's frustrations was not necessarily in direct response to your comment. And I know any such feedback is only given because people like the story so much that they want it quicker.

Honestly, this experience of writing and sharing this story with you guys has been nothing but positive. And any criticisms people *do* have I can take on board for the next one! 

And I'd only change my approach to make it better for you guys. Basically having the whole thing written, edited and polished before I start sharing it. Funnily enough that was my intention at the start with this story but for whatever reason the first draft took longer to write than I thought it would (and longer than AJ & Noah). I'm slightly sceptical of wether that would actually work. I still think I'd be going over the chapters and making tweaks and changes before posting! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brawnygods said:

Can't imagine this would help him write faster!  We'd probably never hear from him again.🤤

Oooh I dunno - I could still write on my laptop while I'm lying on this AJ lookalike's bed, my arm wrapped around his huge back, him cuddled up to me while he watches Dom and Cole. (You can probably tell I've imagined Noah doing this very thing with AJ! 😅)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tetsuo88 said:

Omg.omg there's new chapters out !!!

HAHA!! That made me laugh, mate.

3 hours ago, muscleman1 said:

Don't change how you write - whatever your secret is IT WORKS and it WORKS REAL FINE.  I would much rather wait a little longer (and build the eager anticipation) for a perfect chapter than have one which is rushed - perfection takes time and your style is perfection itself.

Awww. Bless you, mate! That's really sweet. I'll remember this and crushme's comment if I'm ever tempted to post a chapter knowing that it could be better if I just held off and spent some extra time on it. 😊

As I just said in my response to crushme, any change I did make would be for your guys benefit and just a way of getting the story out quicker, i.e. having the whole thing finished and polished before I started sharing it. I wouldn't do anything to compromise the quality. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Oooh I dunno - I could still write on my laptop while I'm lying on this AJ lookalike's bed, my arm wrapped around his huge back, him cuddled up to me while he watches Dom and Cole. (You can probably tell I've imagined Noah doing this very thing with AJ! 😅)

Hmm I think you'd need both arms around that brawny back - and what a distraction. Can either you or Noah type with your toes?

• Like 1

Next chapter with some more Woody and Luke moments! 

Seventeen

When I get back to the room after my Muscle Food, Diet & Supplements lecture the next day, my heart does that familiar drop whenever I return home to an empty room. Which is both absurd and fucking ironic, since the whole reason I started being friendly with Luke in the first place was to get my own room next year. God - what would he think if he knew that? Maybe he’d see the funny side. Maybe I should confess. “Hey, Luke - funny story!” But is it funny? Being nice to someone just so you can get away from them permanently? I mean, obviously that’s not really the case. I didn’t really know Luke back when I agreed to mentor him. I didn’t know how lovely and awesome and funny he was. I hadn’t noticed his dimples or his adorably small feet. And I hadn’t seen what his arse looked like in a pair of shiny posers either. All I really wanted back then was to have my own room again. But if Luke found out about mine and Johnny’s agreement, I know it would sound bad. Probably much worse than it actually is. I guess he doesn’t really need to know.

I jump on my bed and do what I’ve been doing a lot lately whenever I get the room to myself. I take out my sketchbook and draw. I seem to be drawing a lot more since Luke moved in. I don’t know whether he’s creative in any way but he loves to read and watch films and all of that other geeky stuff so I have a feeling he’d pretty much approve of any sort of artistic behaviour. 

I have no idea what he’d think of the particular illustration I’m working on now though. The one of me and Luke with our faces close together smiling, drawn from the selfie we took on our trip to Glasgow at the weekend. Would he be weirded out? Think it was creepy? Would it completely give away the fact that a few nights ago I spent the entire evening fantasising about resting my head against his thighs when we were lying on my bed watching Harry Potter?

I fear he may come back to the room soon so I stuff my sketchbook under my pillow and get my regular notebook out instead, along with the copy of Luke’s training plan he gave to me yesterday. I flick through it to find a blank page and come across something I wrote a few weeks back. “PLAN TO MENTOR LUKE” is written across the top of the page with bullet points listed, like “Take him posing trunk shopping”, “Take him to the gym”, “Help him fit in”. Next to that is the little doodle I drew of me jumping on a bed with the words “BE NICE TO LUKE = OWN ROOM (YAY)” written above it. And the words “KILL ME NOW” are written write at the bottom of the page. It’s kind of funny, because even when I was writing that, I didn’t really mean it. By then I’d already taken Luke trunk shopping and he’d stood in front of me with his cute little arse sticking out the back of the shiny blue material. I have no idea who I was trying to fool when I wrote that. Myself maybe?

I find a blank page and write a new heading; “LUKE’S NEW TRAINING PLAN”. From his existing plan I start to write him a new and improved one, making tweaks and adding in things here and there. All to help Luke’s cute little arse get bigger. Even though a part of me doesn’t want it to. Even though a part of me thinks it’s kind of perfect as it is.

I hear Luke’s key in the door and Jesus, my heart jumps into my fucking throat. Which is absurd. But also really kind of awesome. The fact he has that kind of power over me. The fact I get that fucking excited just from the sound of his key in the door. And that just being near him makes it feel like my insides are going haywire. If only Luke fucking knew. 

“Hey!” he says to me.

“Alright!” 

Luke dumps his bag down by his bed. I feel a surge of bravery. “Bought those pink posers yet?” I ask, looking at the page in my notebook as my stomach twists slightly. I look up. Luke’s rolling his eyes but he’s smirking too. This really cute little smirk.

I have no idea whether he’ll actually go ahead and buy those pink posers, but I’ve been barely able to think about anything other than Luke standing in front of me wearing nothing but such a pair since we spoke about it yesterday. 

“What you doin’?” he asks me, perching on his bed. He’s wearing a t-shirt I’ve never seen before. It’s blue and has a print of The Goonies on it. It’s pretty fucking awesome to be honest. I might even wear it myself. 

“Just some coursework!” I tell him.

I’m not really sure why I just lied to Luke. I guess I’m a bit nervous to confess that I’m sitting here writing him up a new and improved training plan. Even though I already offered to take a look at his plan and make some changes. 

“I feel like watching a film!” he says.

Fuck! My chest flutters. I look up at him. “What ya thinking?” I already know the answer of course. 

He bites his lip and gives me this cute sheepish grin. “Harry Potter?” he says, a little warily.

I throw my notebook down and grab my laptop. “Park your glutes down!” I say, patting my bed. 

God - I can’t believe I actually just made a reference to Luke’s glutes! Those modestly sized and cute as fuck glutes that I’ve spent the past few days picturing in a pair of pink poing trunks.

He comes over to my bed and sits down. I can tell from his face and his big, giddy grin that he’s all excited. I throw him one of my pillows and he props it behind his back and leans against the wall.

“Oh, I did the Hogwarts House test by the way!” I say as I fire up the film.

Luke looks at me wide eyed and excited. 

“You were right! Gryffindor, baby!”

Luke just gives me this cute smile. The film starts playing on my laptop and I look over at my one remaining pillow. For a moment I go to reach for it and then I suddenly remember that my sketchbook is under there.

When Luke jumps off my bed to grab his phone about half an hour into the film, I sneakily push the book under my duvet and grab the pillow. When he comes back, I swear he sits just a little closer to me. Which gives me a fucking hard on. Jesus. The smell of his aftershave isn’t helping either. God - why does Luke smell so fucking good?

There’s a scene in the film where Harry and Ron are in their shared dorm room.

“Okay, question!” I say to Luke, twisting my head up to look at him. “Answer honestly. Where would you rather be? Muscle University or Hogwarts?”

“Hmmm. Tough one!” He does a cute thinking face. “Hogwarts!” he says, firmly.

I roll my eyes. “Should’ve known! Wait - we wouldn’t be roommates would we? With you being a Hufflepuff?”

Luke pulls a playful face. “In that case … definitely Hogwarts!” 

I smirk, shake my head and face the laptop screen again. 

“We’d have to do some sort of spell!” Luke says.

I glance up at him again, confused and excited to hear what he’s about to say next.

“You know. To sneak into each other’s dorm rooms!”

“Who says I’d wanna hang out with you if we were at Hogwarts?” I joke.

Luke playfully raises an eyebrow at me.

“I’d be too busy hanging out with other Gryffindors. Harry and Ron and Hermione. We’d be off fighting that Voldemort dude!”

“There’s no way they’d put up with you!”

I shrug. “I’m sure I’d charm them round!”  

Luke pulls a “yeah right” face. 

“Just like I did with you!”

Oh Fuck. I can’t believe I just said that. Luke gives me a coy smirk and furrows his eyebrows at me. “I told you the other night. I’m only hanging out with you because I feel sorry for you!” 

I laugh. “Whatever!”

“It’s true! As soon as I find other friends here I’m ditching you!”

I smirk and roll my eyes at him. But something twists in my stomach. I know Luke was only joking, but there’s a part of me that’s now wondering whether there was some truth in what he just said. He might not intentionally mean to dump me, but it could happen. What if his roommate next year is all nice and geeky like him? And it makes him realise how much of a twat I actually was and that we had hardly anything in common. And that he really was just spending time with me because he didn’t have anyone else to hang out with?

My phone beeps and pulls me out of my thoughts. It’s a text message from Emily asking if I’ve booked my train for the weekend yet. I suddenly imagine her telling me that she’s really sorry but I can’t come down to Bristol this weekend for my birthday after all. And for a second I find myself actually excited at that prospect. And even wanting it to happen. Just so I can stay here and spend all weekend sitting next to Luke watching Harry Potter films. Which I know is fucking crazy. Because I used to live for my weekends in Bristol and getting away from Muscle University. 

Maybe I could invite Luke to come with me? A prospect which excites me probably way more than it should. I haven’t mentioned him much to Emily since he first moved in. I told her how pissed off I was at the fact that I had a new roommate without even being told and when she asked me what he was like I just told her about his geeky clothes and how he was the smallest lad I’d ever seen on campus. She doesn’t know anything else. About my agreement to mentor him, the posing trunk shopping or our trip to Glasgow. I haven’t told her about his adorably small feet and his cute cheek dimples. That I’ve been obsessing about how sexy his arse looks in the shiny blue posers I helped him to buy. Or the fact that for the first time ever I actually fucking like someone and that someone happens to be Luke. Or that he’s gay, meaning there’s a chance that something could actually fucking happen between us.

“Who ya texting?” Luke says. 

“Oh, erm … Emily. Just making plans for the weekend!” I reply, not looking up. Luke stays silent for a little bit and I can’t help imagining him feeling gutted right now at the reminder that we won’t be hanging out with this weekend. Maybe I should just ask him right now? “Hey Luke, wanna come with me?” But is that too much? Inviting your roommate you’ve only known for a few weeks to come with you on a birthday weekend away to Bristol? Or would he just think it was no big deal? A nice gesture, even? 

“Oooh, that reminds me!” Luke says. I twist my head up and look at him. “I better start planning my party!”

I grin and turn back to the film. When it’s over and the credits start to roll I feel a kick to the stomach. It’s harder to think of reasons for me and Luke to sit next to each other on our beds when not watching stuff on our laptops. I don’t know if I’m imagining it, but there’s this kind of air of sadness in the room that the film has finished. Like Luke is thinking and feeling the exact same thing. 

“Need the toilet!” I announce, jumping off my bed. All the time I’m in the bathroom, I'm wondering whether Luke’s will still be sitting on my bed when I go back to the room. God I hope he is. Maybe I should just suggest watching another film? And another film after that. Maybe I should just suggest that Luke stays sitting on my bed for the rest of the time we’re at Muscle University?

What I definitely don’t expect to see when I open the door is Luke sitting near the top end of my bed, quickly shuffling about with a guilty and scared look on his face.

Fuck. I feel a sudden panic. Because I know exactly what’s just bloody happened. 

“I’m sorry!” Luke blurts out. I have no idea what to do. Or what to say. I just stand there frozen, looking at him. 

“I found your drawings!”

I knew it. I fucking knew it. But which ones did he look at? The one of him flexing his biceps at the SU bar? Oh God. What if he looked at my latest drawing of the two of us with our faces close together? How the hell would I explain why I drew that? 

“I’m sorry, Woody. I saw the book sticking out under your duvet. I shouldn’t have looked at it!”

I cautiously walk over to the bed and sit down. I’m nervous but I feel oddly excited too. “Which ones do you see?” I ask, my stomach in knots.

“Just a couple! One you did of Blaine Holton. Erm … another one of Chris “Freaky Peaks” Jackson!”

I internally breathe a sigh of relief. Thank fucking God for that. I think I’m safe. Unless Luke’s blagging.

“I know I shouldn’t have looked. But … Woody, they’re fucking brilliant!”

Oh wow. My heart flutters. I feel lighter somehow. I don’t really know what to say. But I’m smiling. I know that.

“Why didn’t you tell me you can draw?” he asks, a little cautiously.

I shrug and pull a face. “Dunno. I don’t really tell anyone. Well … not here, anyway.”

“That’s crazy!” Luke says softly. 

I don’t know how to respond, but my insides are doing strange things. I look at him and he gives me with warm, affectionate grin.

“Can I … look again?” he asks.

My stomach twists with nerves. But I’m excited too. “Okay. But … not all of them. There’s … just a couple I’m not really happy with!” I lie.

Luke gives me an understanding nod. Then his mouth curls into a little grin as I do the thing I never imagined I’d be doing. Reaching for my sketchbook from under my duvet and showing it to another Muscle University student. My body buzzing with nerves and excitement as I do so.

Luke scoots over to get closer to me and my stomach flips. Fuck! I open up my book to a sketch of British bodybuilder Liam “The Guns” Watson and hand it to Luke. God. We’re so close to each other. Our legs. Our arms. There’s barely two inches between them. 

“Wow!” Luke says as he looks at the illustration. “You’re so talented!”

For some reason the words just sort of bounce off me. But sitting next to Luke. Showing him my illustrations. Sharing something so personal. His legs right fucking there next to mine. I feel like my whole body is going to explode.

I pull a face and shrug. “I’m not that good!”

Luke looks at me, smirks and shakes his head. “I don’t get it. You’re so cocky about your body. About the way you look. But you’re really humble about this?” 

I furrow my eyebrows. “I just … don’t think I’m that good!” I reply, honestly. “I mean … there’s loads of amazing artists out there doing this kind of stuff on the Internet. And way better!”

Luke turns the page to the next illustration. I know it’s not the one of him. Or the one of us together. But my stomach still twists with nerves.

“You should post these online!”

I scoff. “Yeah right!”

“Why not?!” Luke exclaims. “People would love them!”

“What - even the lads at Montgomery?” 

Luke shrugs. “Yeah. Why not?”

I pull a face and shrug. “I just think most of them would take the piss!”

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow. “And you tell me not to care about what people think?” he says, smirking.

Ha! He’s got me there.

“Well … I think you’re wrong!” he tells me, before looking back at the book.  

I don’t tell Luke that the idea of sharing my illustrations with the world makes me feel oddly anxious. And that if someone like Deano or any of the other lads here at Muscle University were to take the piss out of me for doing them, it would probably fucking crush me. 

“You could post them anonymously!” Luke suggests. “Maybe invent, like, a pen name and set up another Instagram account. That way no one would know it was you!”

I smile at Luke. “Mmmm. Maybe!” I actually kinda like that idea. I also think it’s so fucking sweet that Luke’s encouraging me to share my work.

I hold my hand out for the book and Luke passes it to me. I flick through the pages and when I find the illustration I’m looking for, I hand him back the book. “You might like this one!” 

“Oh WOW!” Luke exclaims, looking at the illustration of his favourite bodybuilder Tommy “The Tank” Foster, drawn from the poster on his wall above his bed. “This is amazing!”

I bite my lip and look at his impressed expression and my insides feel like they’re melting.

Luke looks up at me. He suddenly looks a little nervous. “Can I have this?”

Oh my God! The question takes me by complete surprise. No one’s ever asked to have one of my illustrations before. Why would they? But I love that he wants it. It feels like it means something. 

I try and act casual and shrug. “Sure!” I reply, finding it really fucking hard to keep from smilng.

I take the book, carefully rip out the page and hand the illustration to Luke. And now we’re just sitting close to each other. Looking at each other smiling. His legs next to mine. His body right there. His face closer to mine than it’s ever been before. A Woody and Luke moment times a frigging million. If I just moved my arm a little, it would be touching his. What would Luke do if I gently pushed my arm against his right at this very moment?

I close my sketchbook and place it down next to me on the mattress. “So ... what are you gonna do with the room to yourself this weekend?”

He pulls a playful face like I’ve asked a stupid question. “Harry Potter marathon!”

“Wearing just your Harry Potter boxer shorts?”

“Obvs!” 

I laugh. “Sounds like a crazy weekend!”

He grins back at me. Dimples cuter than bloody ever. Oh God. Just ask him. Just fucking ask him.

“Or you could …”

Wait - what the fuck am I doing?

“... you know, always come to Bristol with me?” 

Oh my GOD. 

“If you wanted to!”

My stomach’s clenching. Luke just looking at me. This confused and surprised expression on his face. Is this too much? It’s funny, because maybe it is, but I dunno, now that I’ve asked him, now that the question is out there, I actually don’t regret it. I actually really want Luke to come to Emily’s with me this weekend. 

“Are you serious?” he asks.

I shrug. “Yeah! Why not?” I reply, as casually as I fucking can.

Luke’s mouth curls into this adorable grin. “But it’s your birthday weekend!” 

I laugh. “Well remembered, Luke!”

He still looks confused, but I can tell he wants to come. He bites his lip. “Would your friend mind?”

“Emily? Nah! She’ll talk to anyone. Her and her housemates have people staying all the time!”

Just say yes. Just fucking say yes.

“You can sleep on the sofa!” I tell him.

Luke’s biting his lip and nodding, clearly a little unsure at to what’s unfolding, but I'm very much getting the impression that he’s gonna say yes. That he actually, really fucking wants to spend the weekend with me in Bristol.

“Unless you really do want the room to yourself for the weekend to have a Harry Potter marathon? Which … you know, I’d totally understand!”

Luke looks at me with this cute grin. “Okay!” he says, with a little nod.

Oh my God yes.

“As long as you’re sure you want me to?”

Fucking, fucking YES!

I roll my eyes and groan for effect. “Yes, Luke - I’m sure!” 

He just grins at me. This cute, happy grin. God - I’d love to just push my leg against his right now. Or reach over and gently tickle his thigh. Or rub the back of my finger up and down his forearm. Or even just drop my head onto his shoulder and rest my cheek against the blue material of his Goonies t-shirt. Anything really.

I don’t know whether Luke wants any of that too. And I don’t know if anything would actually happen between us. But I feel like it could. Now more than ever. Whether here in my room. Sitting on my bed as we watch Harry Potter and I show him my illustrations. Or, who knows, maybe even on a weekend away in Bristol.

• Like 28