Muscle University

muscleaddict

2 minutes ago, Luap82 said:

Hmmmmm....I don’t think those posers are shiny enough for Woody! 😉

Haha! No - the posers would definitely be shinier! 😅

• Like 3

14 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

If ONLY Luke knew just how much Woody's been thinking about his cute arse in his posing trunks! 🙈

On another note, guys - could this be Luke after 6 months of being at Muscle University? He's even wearing geeky Captain America boxers! 🤓

1331570145_ScreenShot2019-08-25at13_36_27.png.ae1f8256b9a1957fc4d1ac4455263880.png

That's most definitely our Luke! This young guy is very cute and so is his physique. I hope my physique looks like that when I start my fitness journey.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Maybe a bit like this guy but cockier and more British looking?

54405-charlie-williams-63_final.thumb.jpg.3b45a7b909ed8775912fda3858afc2f9.jpg54405-charlie-williams-39_final.thumb.jpg.e1c8d7c605e764dd92b84a11586eb053.jpg 

Actually this guy looks more like he would fit the description of the Deano character.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shawn1978 said:

Actually this guy looks more like he would fit the description of the Deano character.

As I posted a few weeks ago this is who I had more in mind for Deano! Artists/illustrators get to work! 🙊😅

Next chapter and here's an illustration of Luke that the awesomely talented @reeddune very kindly did for me! ☺️ And if there are any Harry Potter fans reading you might appreciate some of the references in this chapter! 🤓

1843553286_ScreenShot2019-08-26at11_45_00.png.3bd6e8423a7c9b6552e8c0904561a227.png

Fifteen

The first thing I think when I wake up the next morning is what the fuck have I done? So now Luke either thinks I’m a complete fucking psycho who goes from being happy and taking selfies one minute to suddenly being arsey with everyone and storming out of pubs for absolutely no reason the next.

Or worse, he’s figured out what really happened last night. He’s worked out that the real reason I demanded we leave the bar was because I was overcome with jealousy because I found him with another guy whispering into his ear with his hand on his shoulder. Fuck!

No. Surely Luke wouldn’t jump to that conclusion? I remember what he said to me last night in the pub. “A bodybuilder wouldn’t be interested in me.” It pained me to hear him say that, but he seemed so convinced that it was true. But what if he’s figured out that, despite this belief, he’s met a bodybuilder who actually does like him? What if he can tell I have feelings for him? What if he didn’t think it before, but now his mind is working overtime and his head is spinning at the realisation that maybe there’s a chance that I do? 

And if Luke hasn’t come to that conclusion, surely he must be wondering what happened? I think that perhaps what I’m scared of more than anything is Luke’s opinion of me changing. Luke thinking less of me than he did before because of my actions last night. A thought which makes my stomach feel like it’s being tightened by a vice.

As soon as Luke gets out of bed to use the bathroom my stomach flips. I need to know that everything’s okay. I need to know that Luke doesn’t think I’m a complete and utter psychopath. While still under my duvet, I prop my upper body up by my elbows and eagerly wait for him to come back into the room.

He gives me a weird, half smile when he emerges. Fuck. That’s not good.

“How’s the head?” I ask, my heart beating faster under the vest I sleep in. 

Luke looks at me with a knowing smirk. “Not too bad!” he says, climbing back into bed. Okay, that’s a little bit better. But I’m still not convinced that everything’s back to normal. That everything’s okay between us. Ugh. I fucking hate this. How do people do this whole dating and trying to figure out boys stuff?

I need to get away for a little bit, away from the room and away from Luke, so I go to my usual gym at Watson House. All of the gyms at the university are supervised by at least one of the teachers. Currently that teacher at this particular gym is Johnny Hoxton.

When I’m done with my workout and I’m heading towards the exit, Johnny, sat behind the gym’s reception desk, makes eye contact with me and nods.

“Alright, sir!” I say, going over to him.

“Woody! Here by yourself?” he asks, with a cheeky raised eyebrow and a slight smirk.

I roll my eyes and smirk back. “Told you, sir. I prefer to train alone!” I reply, a little too cheekily. Johnny gives me a stern, wide eyed look.

“We came here last Wednesday. Together!” I say, my tummy fluttering at the mention of me and Luke. Being together.

Johnny smiles and nods. “And was it so bad?”

I shrug. “Suppose not!” I reply, failing to suppress a smile.

Johnny gives me a knowing smile back. “Did you find out his weakest body part?”

“Yep. Chest!” 

“And you gave him some good advice I hope?” 

“He’ll be bouncing his pecs in no time, sir.”

Johnny grins. “Why don’t you … offer to make some adjustments to his current training plan? Help him to devise a new and improved one. I mean, we’ll need to approve it first, obviously. But I trust you’ll do a good job, Woody!”

I roll my eyes and groan. But it’s mostly for effect. I don’t actually mind the idea of helping Luke out with a new training plan. Fuck it, I actually really love that idea. I imagine what he’d say. “Oh wow! Thanks!” And he’d give me one of those cute little smiles with his dimples showing and I’d probably respond by feeling like I wanted to melt and just grab him by whatever geeky t-shirt he was wearing, pull him to my body and kiss his cute, little lips.

And then I have a thought. Maybe this is how I can get back in Luke’s good books after last night’s antics? A way of redeeming myself.

“Fine!” I sigh, as if it’s a big grievance. 

But Johnny’s just smirking at me and giving me this look. Like he knows it’s all an act. Like he knows I’m actually enjoying hanging out with Luke. Fuck! Why does Johnny have this weird ability to see right fucking through me?

As I walk back to the dorm room, I feel a sudden pang of nerves. Because, despite my exchange with Luke this morning, I still don’t know if my behaviour last night is going to have any repercussions. 

I get to my door. I have no idea what’s waiting for me inside. Whether Luke is actually in. God I hope he’s in.

The first thing I see when I open the door is Luke’s bare calves. Modestly sized and meaty and oh so fucking cute. He’s lying on his bed facing the wall in a pair of blue shorts. He’s got his little white sport socks again. Ankles showing. One of his pumped little lats is peeping underneath a white t-shirt. I can’t really see what’s on the front of it. He’s asleep. Clearly still a bit hungover. He looks so cute and peaceful. I hover for a little bit in the middle of the room and look at him and my insides go all funny. Jesus. What is this boy doing to me? 

I put my blue Muscle University hoodie on and quietly sit on my bed, careful not to make too much noise and wake Luke up. I pick up my phone and go to the selfie I took of us last night in the pub. I can’t stop smiling as I look at the two of us grinning into the camera together. An idea suddenly comes to me. I get out my sketchbook and pencil and do something I hardly ever do; I start to draw an illustration which doesn’t involve thick pecs, shredded abs or ripped quads. A picture of me and Luke, our faces close together and smiling. 

I’m so engrossed that I don’t realise that Luke has woken up until he’s walking to the bathroom. I feel a sharp panic and stop what I’m doing. He glances over at me with a suspicious smirk on his face. My sketchbook is propped up on my thighs, hidden from his view. I try and act cool and give him a little smile back, but I probably look guilty as hell. When Luke’s in the bathroom, I hide the sketchbook under my pillow and sneakily get my regular notebook and pen out instead. 

“Alright!” he says to me, when he walks out, looking a little awkward. I can see now that he’s wearing a Ghostbusters t-shirt. Fucking Ghostbusters! I’m going around acting like a crazed lunatic because of a boy who wears Ghostbusters t-shirts! 

“Yeah. You?” I ask. I feel a pang of nerves. Oh God it’s awkward. 

Luke nods and goes back to his bed, propping himself up against the wall facing my side of the room. Like he wants to engage with me. Which is something at least. “Did you go the gym earlier?” he asks.

“Yeah!”

He pulls a face. “Why are you not as hungover as I am?” I can tell he still feels a little awkward, but he's making the effort to talk to me regardless.

“Well I do have about forty pounds on you, Luke! Which means I need to drink twice as much to get pissed!”

I smile and he gives me this cute smile back as he leans his head against the wall and it feels like my whole body breathes a big sigh of relief. Maybe things are going to be okay between us after all. Maybe I actually didn’t monumentally fuck things up last night. 

I put my notebook back in my drawer. I actually do feel a bit hungover. I could probably do with just rolling over and having a nap. But I wanna hang out with Luke more.

He’s still got his head tipped back against the wall. And now he’s got his eyes closed.

“Do you know …”

Luke opens his eyes and looks at me.

“… ever since that first Posing Practice lesson when you wore your boxers shorts …”

His mouth curls into a little smirk.

“… there’s something that I’ve really, really wanted to do!”

And now Luke looks kinda nervous. Oh my God. What the fuck does he think I’m gonna say?

“What?” he asks me, biting his lip.

“Watch a Harry Potter film!” 

His face relaxes and he smiles back. 

“Fancy watching Harry Potter?” I ask.

“Always!” he says, enthusiastically.

Fucking YES! I reach for my laptop, trying so hard not to smile so fucking much.

“Am I coming to you?” Luke asks. There’s a hint of nerves in his voice. 

I shrug. “Can do!” I say, not looking at him. He gets off his bed and walks over to mine. My tummy flips as he sits down on my bed. His little legs about a foot away from my body. Fuck. I bring my hand to my mouth and start chewing on a nail in an attempt to hide my smile.

“You can choose which one!” I say, sliding the laptop over to Luke. Our eyes meet and we’re both grinning and fuck - another little moment where it feels like something’s happening between us. Another Woody and Luke moment.

Luke puts my laptop in his lap and plays around with it and all I can think is how fucking lucky my laptop is right now. I hand him a pillow and have to stop from getting the other one for myself. Because my sketchbook is under that fucking pillow. 

I lean on my elbow, Luke sitting up above me, propped up against the wall. He places the laptop in front of us and the film starts to play. I don’t know whether he’ll ask me what happened last night at some point. Maybe it’s for the best that he doesn’t. That we just pretend like nothing happened. I guess I’m kind of good at burying my head in the sand. Maybe Luke’s the same?

“I remember this one!” I say as the film starts. It looks like one of the darker, later films. “This is quite a good one isn’t it?”

“One of the best!” Luke says, enthusiastically as he geeks out.

I look up and he’s looking down at me with this excited grin. Dimples out. My insides melt. Argh! This. Fucking. Boy. 

The film is great. Better than I remembered. But it’s not so much the film that I’m enjoying. It’s just being here with Luke. Having him on my bed, just inches away from me. His legs are right there. I could just scoot over and rest my head against his thighs. And he could respond by placing his hand on my back. Maybe even playing with my hair. God. What would that feel like? To cuddle up to Luke? To touch him and be affectionate with him? I wonder if he’s had similar thoughts. Even just fleeting moments of desire. Maybe he’s even having one right now? Maybe he’s thinking about how much he’d love to rest his arm on my back and gently tickle me. Maybe wrap it round my shoulders and arms? Maybe even cheekily squeeze my bicep. I’d let him. Feel any muscle he wanted. Touch any part of my body. Hell, I’d let Luke kiss all six of my abs if he fucking wanted to.

There’s a scene in the film featuring a Quidditch match. It’s Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff.

“Didn’t you say you were a Hufflepuff?” I ask Luke.

“Yep!” he says, proudly.

“Are you sure you’re not just a little poof?” 

I look up and Luke’s grinning, in spite of himself, and shaking his head. 

“What do you mean you’re a Hufflepuff? Like, how do you know?”

“There’s a test online! It tells you what Hogwarts house you’d be in based on your personality!”

“For fuck’s sake!” I say, shaking my head. “So … Hufflepuff’s are, like, the geeks?”

Luke rolls his eyes. “Yes, Woody. Exactly that!”

“Come on then, what are Hufflepuffs supposed to be like?”

Luke shugs. “Google it if you’re that interested!”

I pull a face as if to say I’m not. Even though I actually am. Even though I’m wondering whether Hufflepuffs are supposed to be cute and funny and adorable. And have dimples and oddly small feet and cute, little calf muscles.

“Sooo …. what house do you think I’d be sorted into?” I ask Luke.

“Hmmm. Maybe Gryffindor?” 

I feel a flutter in my chest, because I’m pretty sure Luke just paid me a compliment. “Isn’t that the one Harry’s in?”

“Yeah!”

“Okay, I’m looking this up!” I say, reaching for my phone. I Google and get a whole bunch of results. “Gryffindors are adventurous, brave and determined!” I say, reading from the search page.

Huh. Is that how Luke sees me? Look, I know it’s just a stupid online quiz, but I can’t help feeling a slight buzz. I know. I’m fucking ridiculous. 

I carry on looking at the results on my phone. “Here it says … generally regarded as brave, though sometimes to the point of recklessness!” 

I look up at Luke and he’s glaring at me wide eyed. “Well that last part’s right!” 

“How am I reckless?!”

“Erm … booking Ubers on your dad’s account? Going all the way to Glasgow for a night out? Flirting with gay guys on Instagram for everyone to see?”

I smirk and shrug and look at my phone again. “Oh wait - it also says here that Gryffindors are usually sexy bastards with huge biceps and hot abs? Huh!”

I look up at Luke and he’s smirking and shaking his head. “Anything about being an arrogant twat?” 

I laugh. “Right, let’s look up Hufflepuff!” I say, my chest expanding with excitement and anticipation. I already have my guesses as to what it’s gonna say. Cute. Funny. Extremely huggable.

“Okay, it says Hufflepuffs are hard working, dedicated, patient and loyal.”

Awww. I haven’t known him long but that does kinda sound like Luke. I especially hope the loyal part is true. I pretend to carry on reading. “And are also massive geeks who wear Ghostbusters t-shirts and turn up to Posing Practice 101 wearing bright yellow Harry Potter boxers shorts. Thought so!” I say, throwing my phone down.

I look up and Luke’s giggling. I bite my lip and carry on watching the film. 

Luke shivers. “You cold?” I ask.

“Mmmm! A bit.”

“Get a hoodie or something!”

“Can’t be arsed to move!” he says. I look up at him and playfully roll my eyes.

“Thanks for last night, by the way,” Luke says, when I’m turned away from him and watching the film again.

Fuck! My stomach clenches at the mention of our night out. I didn’t think Luke was going to bring it up. I shrug. “No need to thank me!” I say, not looking up.

“It was a good night!” he says.

Until I turned into a total fucking twat. 

“It was!” I say, nodding, still not looking up. I want to say I’m sorry for the way I acted, but I just don’t have the nerve. Some Gryffindor I am.

“Can you just pause the film for a sec?” Luke says. 

Oh God. What is happening? Is Luke going to ask me about last night? 

“Ummm … yeah!” I say, pressing pause and feeling absurdly nervous. 

But Luke just slides off the bed and goes to use the bathroom and I breathe a heavy sigh of relief. For fuck’s sake. What the hell am I so scared of?

I pick up my phone. Time to be a big, brave Gryffindor. Maybe to the point of recklessness. I load up Instagram and post the selfie of me and Luke from last night to my profile with a caption.

Hi. My name is Woody and my favourite pastime is corrupting @from_geek_to_freak! (Devil with horns emoij, two beer glasses emoji and tongue out, one eyed closed emoji) #muscleuniversity #handsomebuggers #fromgeektofreak #thingsgotmessy

It might be my favourite picture I’ve ever posted. I know it’s risky. Posting a selfie of us on a night out in a gay bar away from campus. But it’s not like there’s a drag queen in the background waving a big rainbow flag or anything. I know there’s a chance Luke won’t approve. But I have this strange sort of feeling that he will.

He comes back to the room. I must look guilty as hell because he’s giving me this suspicious glare. “What’s that smirk for?” he asks, sitting down on the bed. Ha! Busted.

I feel a pinch of nerves and shrug. “Just updating my Instagram!” I reply, casually.

He continues to look at me suspiciously so I hand him my phone with the post still on the screen. He looks at it and his face is a fucking picture. Part fear, part embarrassment, but there’s something else going on to. He’s smiling. Like he loves the picture. I swear he’s blushing a little too. Oh my God. Luke’s actually fucking blushing. Okay, surely that means something? Head spinning. Insides going haywire. Fuck!

“Won’t people question where we were?” he asks, a little nervously.

I smirk. “Hopefully!”

He rolls his eyes but he’s smiling too. But then his face drops and now he looks a little anxious. 

“We are allowed to go off campus, Luke!” I say to reassure him. I take the phone off him. “I can delete it if you want?”

He shrugs. “Nah,” he says, giving me a coy grin.

I put my phone down and unpause the film. Maybe it’s because of Luke’s reaction to that post, but I suddenly feel a surge of bravery. “Was I a bit of a dick last night?” I ask, not looking up at him. My stomach tightens.

“Mmmm. Not really!” he says. I smile, because I can tell from his voice that he’s not being completely honest.

“You just seemed a bit … pissed off about something. Plus, you know, you were drunk!”

I don’t say anything. 

“Did something happen in the toilets?”

Fuck. Yes, Luke, it did. I started freaking out because for the first time ever I actually like someone. Which makes me an absolutely ridiculous excuse for a human being.

“Mmmm. Kind of!” I say. He doesn’t quiz me any further.

“Sorry!” I say, my chest tightening. “If I was a dick!” 

I look up at him cautiously and he’s giving me this cute, sheepish grin. ARGH! I’m dying here. I turn away from him again, not saying anything, my chest expanding and my whole body buzzing. Luke Henderson - what the fuck are you doing to me?

Not long after I check my Instagram. My selfie post has received a comment. From fucking Deano! “Looks like a fun night boys!” HA! The little fucker. I don’t tell Luke. I smile as I think about it, but I also feel a slight pinch of anger too. There’s no way he’d know we went to a gay pub, but I know what he’s insinuating. I know what that “boys” implies. I’m sure he’ll comment on it when we next see him. Bring it on, Deano. Bring it fucking on.

Luke shivers again and rubs his arms.

“Luke, you literally just got up to use the bathroom. Go to your side of the room and get a jumper or something!”

“I’m fine,” he protests, but then he fucking shivers again. 

I groan. I don’t even think about what I do next. I sit up, whip my blue Muscle University off and throw it at him.

His face is a picture. Confused. Surprised. Flattered. It’s like I’ve just given him a really nice gift. And now I’m panicking. Is this too much? Giving someone your hoodie because they’re cold? Is this something only someone would do for a person they liked? Shit. No. I’d do this for Emily. I’d definitely do this for her. This is just normal friend behaviour. I think?

“This is gonna drown me!” he says softly.

I pull a so what face and shrug. And then he puts the hoodie over his head and pulls it down and my heart flutters. Seeing Luke looking all snuggly in my hoodie. His cheeks a little flushed. His hair a bit ruffled. This pleased grin on his face like someone just paid him the biggest compliment in the world. I wonder if it will smell like him when he takes it off?

I go back to watching the film. Something’s changed. The energy. The atmosphere. It’s like something’s happening between us again. God, perhaps more so than when we were sitting on this bed last week after the gym. A Woody and Luke moment times a bloody hundred. Luke, who’s now wearing my hoodie. Luke, who’d I’d do anything to scoot over and rest my head against right now. 

And now I’m wondering, could something actually happen between us? Between me and the boy who’s occupying pretty much all of my waking thoughts? There’s a part of me that’s still kinda terrified, but God I’m excited. At the prospect of something happening. At the possibility that lovely, little Hufflepuff Luke actually likes me back.

• Like 24
  • Upvote 1

OK @muscleaddict I know we keep saying this but you need to hear it - there’s some really good writing in this story and that IS a compliment after AJ & Noah! I have to say that this last chapter has some wonderfully crafted dialogue that really helps make the characterisations come alive and the lads personalities really believable. To draw your readers in this way is so awesome - you should be proud of your creativity and effort and thank you for continuing to share the story with us. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1