Muscle University

muscleaddict

2 minutes ago, Pecman9 said:

Another great chapter!  The pacing of the dialogue is excellent. If this were a full length novel (I wish it were!) it would be impossible to put down. 

Thanks, matie! The dialogue between the two leads has probably been one of the most fun aspects of the story for me to write. And the whole thing actually is novel length! 😊

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, muscleaddict said:

Thanks, matie! The dialogue between the two leads has probably been one of the most fun aspects of the story for me to write. And the whole thing actually is novel length! 😊

It is indeed. Meant to say that if it were a printed novel, I’d have to read it in one sitting. You are teaching me the importance of patience!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Thirteen

Luke seems to relax once he knows where we’re going. He reminds me a few times that we’re crazy for going all the way to Glasgow for a spontaneous night out but I can tell he’s excited about the whole thing. He hasn’t said as much, but I very much get the sense that he’s secretly impressed by my spontaneity.

That rush of being out with Luke and away from Muscle University doesn’t subside either. When I’m sitting opposite him on the train to Glasgow. When we’re walking through the streets trying to find a pub to go to. 

There’s something else that’s adding to the buzz I’m feeling. Everywhere we go, at the train station, in the streets, in the pub we decide on that’s kind of traditional but has this cool, bohemian feel to it, I notice people looking at me. People actually fucking paying attention to me and my body. Just like they do whenever I go to visit Emily in Bristol. Or anywhere that isn’t on the Montgomery University of Bodybuilding & Fitness campus. 

Luke has noticed it too. He looks at me a little differently as we stand at the bar getting looks from all directions. It’s like he’s sort in awe of me, just like he was when I was standing in front of him in our dorm room the other day flexing my insanely pumped muscles into a side chest pose. I really fucking love that my muscles have that effect on him. Would it be totally inappropriate to crank out a quick front double bicep in his face while we wait to be served? 

“I think you’re causing a bit of a stir!” he says to me, as we sit down at a table. I can tell he’s getting a kick out of the attention I’m receiving.

I sigh. “The price of being a sexy monster!”

Luke smirks and rolls his eyes as he takes his jacket off.

“Right. Time to get the guns out!” I announce, standing up and removing my bomber jacket, my thick arms and brutally sized shoulders now on display and the top of my obscene pecs spilling out of my black vest. I sneakily look around and, as predicted, I’m definitely still getting looks. But something gives me a bigger kick when I look back and catch Luke looking straight at my chest with a slight smirk and a sort of awe-struck expression on his face.

“You better get used to this kind of attention, Mr Geek to Freak!”

Luke gives me a shy grin before he takes a swig of his drink.

“Sooo ... better than the Students’ Union bar?”

“God yeah! Not quite sure it’s worth that Uber fare though!”

“Oh yeah. Cheers for that, dad!” I say, holding up my glass in a toast.

“Luke! Look! We’ve escaped Muscle University. We’re with people who …” I gasp, “aren’t huge, freaky bodybuilders! I’d say the Uber fare was worth it!”

Luke takes another swig of his drink. And now he’s got that look on his face. The one he gets when he wants to ask me something and is weighing up whether he should or not. I feel a flutter of excitement. Come on, Luke. Ask me if I’m gay. Ask me if I like you. Ask me if you can reach out and feel my flexed biceps. 

“Can I ask you a question?”

God yes!

I groan. “You’re not gonna go all Jeremy Kyle on me again are you?”

He smirks and looks a little sheepish. Ask me if I want to fucking kiss you.

“Do you do this with your friends back home? Analyse them to death?” 

He pulls a face and shrugs. “Mmmm! Not really. But I know them well so … I don’t really need to!”

I roll my eyes and playfully sigh. “Go on then!”

“Mmmm! Forget it!” Luke says shaking his head and taking a sip of his drink.

Fuck! I went too far. I feel a kick to the stomach.

“Okay, how about this. You get to ask me three questions that I have to answer. After those three I’m not obliged to answer anything!”

His mouth curls into an excited grin. “Mmmm. Deal!”

“Okay then. Fire away!”

My body’s buzzing. My heart’s beating faster. Here it fucking comes... 

“Are you happy here?” 

Fuck! Well I wasn’t expecting that. My chest suddenly feels tight. It’s the first time anyone’s asked me that question since Johnny Hoxton right at the beginning of the school year. And even he didn’t ask me in such an open and direct manner. 

I suddenly feel a bit cagey. I have no idea how I’m supposed to answer Luke’s question, so I do what I always do in these situations. I resort to humour. “Mmmm. Yeah! It’s a pretty cool pub!” I say shrugging and looking around.

Luke rolls his eyes. “You know what I mean. Are you happy at Montgomery?” 

And now he looks serious. Even a little nervous, like maybe he’s regretting it and realising that it might be too personal of a question.

I groan and slump my shoulders down. “Sort of! I guess?”

Luke’s biting his lip and looks at me pensively.

“Sometimes I love it. Like, when I’m in Posing Practice 101. I mean I love most of the lectures. It’s pretty much the perfect uni course for me. But …”

And now Luke’s giving me this kind, knowing smile.

I let out a loud groan. “I just wish the uni was somewhere else! Like, imagine if it was in the middle of London. And we could live off campus!”

Luke bites his lip and nods.

“Or another city! I mean, even just closer to here would be better. But no, it has to be in the middle of fucking nowhere!” 

Huh. It’s kind of funny. I was nervous about opening up and answering such a personal question. But now I have, I actually feel kind of relieved. But it’s not just that. It actually feels really good to have opened up to Luke. Maybe even a little exciting.

“Hmmm. I see your point!” he says. “Although … in a way I think it’s kinda cool where it is!”

I just glare at him like he’s crazy.

“Well it kinda reminds me of Hogwarts!”

I shake my head and laugh. “For fuck’s sake!”

“Only with bodybuilders instead of wizards!” he adds giving me this big goofy grin.

“See, that’s the other thing that pisses me off! Bodybuilders! Everywhere I bloody look!”

“Is that why you like hanging out with me?” Luke asks, with a little smirk.

“Woah, woah, woah! When did I say I like hanging out with you?!”

Luke smirks but he looks a little coy too. And then his face drops a little. Like he’s not sure whether there was truth to my joke. My stomach clenches. And now I feel bad. If only Luke knew just how much I like hanging out with him. 

“Same again?” I ask, pointing to his glass.

He frowns and shakes his head. “It’s my round!”

Luke gets up and heads to the bar. I watch him walk away. His cute, pert arse straining the denim of his skinny jeans. His little lats stretching the material of his tight, white t-shirt. And something lurches in my stomach. I think there’s this part of me that doesn’t want to like Luke. Doesn’t want to be having these sorts of feelings for him. Maybe for anyone. But another part of me does. Like, really fucking does.

I check Instagram on my phone while I wait for Luke to come back. “You are getting LOADS of looks!” he says to me grinning, when he returns to the table.

I give him a cocky grin and take a sneaky look around. I notice a gang of lads looking in my direction. And a couple of other people.

“I think I know what your Instagram profile’s missing, by the way!” I say, shaking my phone at him.

“Oh God!” he says. “What?!”

“A picture of you flexing in your shiny, blue posing trunks!” I say matter-of-factly.

Luke laughs. “That is NOT happening!”

“Why not?! We can take one when we get back to uni!” 

Oh Jesus. I can’t believe I just suggested that. I take a swig of my vodka and coke and bury my head in my glass for fear of my expression giving anything away. Me taking a picture of Luke in his shiny, blue posers. Luke standing in front of me again in his shiny, blue posers. Both a little tipsy. Both feeling brave. Say yes, Luke. Please say fucking yes.

“Okay, second question!” he says, deflecting from the subject.

“Already?!” I groan, playfully rolling my eyes. Maybe I should think about becoming a fucking actor? “Go on then!”

Luke bites his lip and suddenly looks seriously again. “And I want an honest answer!”

He breathes a deep sigh and his chest heaves up and down. Like’s he’s nervous to ask. Yes I’m gay. Yes I like you. YES I WANT TO FUCKING KISS YOU. 

“Am I completely delusional?”

I’m completely thrown. “What?!” 

Luke’s not saying anything. He’s just sitting there with a serious expression. I feel a sharp tug in my stomach. “Luke, what do you mean?”

He sighs. “I mean, this! Me being at Muscle University!” 

He looks so fucking cut up. It’s obviously something that he worries about. I just want to reach across the table and give him a big hug. Anything to take that expression of worry and doubt off his face.

“Where is this coming from?” I ask him. Oh God. I hope it’s nothing I’ve said.

“I saw that comment on your Instagram post!”

Fuck. Something rises in my chest. I feel a sudden rage at that guy who was mean to Luke. 

“Ugh. Fuck that fucking dick!” I spit. Luke looks surprised at my reaction. “Luke, you can’t let what people say on the Internet get to you. You don’t think I get negative comments?”

“It’s not just that. I mean, I know what the other lads must think of me!”

“Luke - they’re not thinking anything! Well, apart from the fact that you wore Harry Potter boxers to Posing Practice 101!” 

His expression softens and his mouth curls into a big, cheeky grin. I suddenly feel like I want to melt.

“Look … you’re obviously smaller than most of the other lads in our year!”

He pulls a face.

“Okay, all of the lads in our year. But I’ve told you before, you’ll make so many gains. And fast! I mean, they wouldn’t have let you in if they didn’t think you were serious about the bodybuilding thing!”

He bites his lip and nods, looking less troubled. I know I’m getting through to him. I know I’m making him feel better. 

He looks out the window of the pub. “I guess …” and then he looks back at me and rolls his eyes, “I just have impostor syndrome or something!”

“I mean, we all have moments of worrying that we’re not good enough!” I tell him. “And worrying about what people think of us!”

He raises one eyebrow at me and smirks. “Even you? The self proclaimed sexy bastard?”

I laugh. “YES, Luke. Even me!” 

Wow. I never open up to anyone like this. Other than Emily, of course. Even just the thought of admitting something that could be seen as a weakness to someone makes me feel anxious. And yet, with Luke, I really don’t mind. I really don’t mind at all.

“My round!” I announce, jumping up and making my way to the bar. As I do, I wonder whether Luke is checking out my huge arse and pumped lats the way I did with him. A thought which excites me to an almost ridiculous degree.

I can feel people’s eyes on me as I stand at the bar in my black vest waiting to be served. I twist my head to look at Luke. And sure enough, he’s looking right at me. Then he suddenly looks nervous and looks down at his phone. Fuck! 

I go back to the table with the drinks, then mysteriously wiggle my eyebrows at him and go back to the bar. When I come back with two shots of sambuca, Luke rolls his eyes and groans.

“I might need this for when I answer your third question!” I tell him, holding the shot glass of sambuca up. My stomach clenches at the thought of what that question might be. Although judging from Luke’s previous two questions, maybe I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

“I think you’ve got an admirer, by the way!” Luke tells me, signalling back to the bar. “Blonde girl in the blue dress!”

I look back and this gorgeous blonde and her ridiculously fake tanned friend are looking right at me. I turn back and pull an “eeeek” face. “Not my type!” I say, shaking my head and burying my face in my glass.

And now I’ve just realised what I said. Fuck! Luke suddenly looks a little awkward. Nervous, even. Ask me what my type is, Luke. Just ask me what my fucking type is. But he’s not saying anything. 

“Okay, hypothetical question!” I say to him. “What would you do if I went away and you had the room to yourself for the WHOLE weekend?”

“That’s easy. I’d throw a huge ass party!” he jokes.

“Who the fuck would you invite? Your only friend at uni would be away for the weekend?”

Luke’s mouth hangs open a little and then he laughs. “Mmmm. Fair point! I’m blaming you for that!”

“What do you mean?”

“Well if I didn’t feel obliged to hang out with you all the time, I might actually make some other friends!” 

I laugh. “Oh, you’re obliged to hang out with me are you?”

“Yep. I kinda feel bad that you don’t have many friends at Montgomery!”

Ha! I love it. “Cheeky fucker!” I say, with a giggle. “It wouldn’t work being friends with the lads at uni. They’d just get jealous of me all the time. It’s the downfall of being this huge and handsome!”

He smirks and rolls his eyes. “Whatever you say!”

“Come on then! Answer my question. Whole weekend to yourself. What would you do?”

Luke pulls a cute thinking face. “Hmmm. Oooh! I’d watch all the Harry Potter films. While just wearing my Harry Potter boxers!”

I laugh. What a fucking image! 

“Why do I get the feeling that you’re not actually joking?”

“I’m not!”

“Well knock yourself out! I’m going to Bristol next weekend!”

“Oh!” he says. And he suddenly looks a little winded. Fuck! 

“Cool!” he adds, trying to act casual. But he’s clearly bothered about the fact that I’m going away for the weekend. What the fuck does that mean? My insides are suddenly going crazy.

“To stay with your friend?” Luke asks. Things suddenly feel a little awkward.

“Yep!” I tell him. “It’s my birthday weekend!”

His face softens. “Awww! Cool! So at what age does daddy stop letting you use his Uber account?”

“When I become a pro bodybuilder. And stop saying daddy!” 

Luke smirks and looks at something over the shoulder. “Your admirer’s looking again!” he says with a cheeky grin.

I shrug. “She’s only human!”

He laughs. “Such a cocky bastard!” 

“Right - time for shots!” I say, reaching for my shot glass of sambuca.

“Don’t you want your third question first?”

Even though the questions so far have steered away from anything to do with my sexuality, for some reason I feel a weird stab of nerves.

I pick up my glass. “Hit me with it!” 

Luke looks over my shoulder again, biting his lip. His expression turns serious.

“Come on!” I order.

“I’m thinking!” 

Luke looks down at the table in thought. Oh God. Just ask me. Just fucking ask me. 

“Okay!” he says. And then he looks up at me, and oh God - he suddenly looks nervous.

“Promise to answer honestly?” 

Fuck! Surely this is it. Surely he’s gonna ask me.

“I swear on my shiny pink posers!”

His face breaks out in a smile. Then he turns serious again. “So …”

Oh God. Here it comes. Luke’s looking over my shoulder again.

“... if she’s not your type ...” 

And then he looks straight at me. His face full of uncertainty. 

“... who is?”

Oh my fucking God. My chest is blowing up. My pulse is racing. And I have no idea what my face is doing. He did it. He actually fucking asked me the question.

But then … oh shit. I suddenly feel panicked. Because what if, after of all this, Luke isn’t gay? And then I’m just a sad fucker with a massive crush on his straight roommate? Maybe that’s for the best. Maybe then I’ll stop thinking about wanting to kiss him and cuddle him. Maybe all of this madness and all these crazy thoughts will finally fucking end. But what if he is gay? What then? Oh God. I have to know. I just have to know.

“I’ll tell you …”

Fuck!

“… but …”

Fuckity fucking fuck!

“... only if you answer the question too!”

Luke looks nervous. But he’s smirking too. This excited little smirk. He cautiously nods at me. “Deal!”

This is it. There’s no going back. 

“On the count of three, we both say a name of someone who’s our type at the same time, and then we down our shots!” I say, holding up my shot glass.

“Okay!” Luke replies, picking up his shot glass too, looking even more nervous.

“Could be someone famous!” I explain, “or … someone else! On the count of three …” I say, my heart beating faster. 

“One …”

Say my name. Just say my fucking name. 

“Two …”

Say Sebastian Wood. Say Sebastian cocky bastard twatface fucking Wood.

“Three …”

“JOHNNY HOXTON!” Luke blurts out over my answer of, “BLAINE HOLTON!”

I down my sambuca shot in one and Jesus - my mouth and tongue are burning from the sharp, rancid taste. My head is spinning and my body feels like it’s on fire. But not because of the effects of the alcohol. But because Luke is gay. Cute, geeky Luke with his beautiful blue eyes and adorable dimple showing grin. Funny, awesome Luke with his hot little abs and sexy pert arse which spills out of the shiny blue material of his insanely hot posing trunks. Lovely, little Luke who I wanna kiss so very fucking much.

“You fancy Johnny?!”

Luke’s grimacing from the sambuca and sticking his tongue out. When the effect of the shot wear off, he’s just looking at me with this shy grin.

He shrugs. “A bit!” he says sheepishly.

“I guess I can see the attraction! I mean … he does have a pretty fantastic arse!”

Oh my GOD. Did I actually just say those words out loud to Luke? He beams at me and I’m just smiling back and fuck - Luke’s gay. I literally feel like I want to explode. 

“So ... Blaine Holton?” he says, pulling a face. 

I laugh. “What’s wrong with Blaine?”

“It’s just so … obvious!”

I pull a so what face and shrug. “The man’s practically a fucking God!”

Luke smiles but then his face suddenly drops, he breaks eye contact with me and looks down at the table in thought. Like something’s suddenly upset him. I have no idea what. Did I say something wrong?

“So …” I begin. He looks up at me again. “Seems like I’m not the only gay guy at Montgomery University after all!” And now Luke’s smiling again. God those fucking dimples.

He continues to smile back at me and fuck, suddenly there’s this atmosphere. And it feels like something is happening between us again. Just like it did when we were sitting on my bed the other day after the gym. My chest is expanding. My stomach’s going crazy. And all I wanna do right now is to lean over and kiss him. To kiss my definitely gay roommate Luke.

“Right, drink up!” I order, reaching round to grab my jacket.

Luke shoots me a confused look.

“I’m taking you to a gay bar!”

@muscleaddict! This is an awesome chapter! I love the dialogue,  the sexual tension between them. So good! AWESOME!😛😘💪🔥🔥🔥👍👍

• Like 2

Thanks for the love, guys! I loved writing this chapter - just the two of them, one on one away from Muscle University getting to know each other more. There's a bit more of that in the next one but safe to say a bodybuilder like Woody and his smaller but cute mate aren't gonna be left alone in a gay pub. 🙈

• Like 1

I'm having this thought of a way to cross-over with "AJ and Noah."   I wouldn't want you to actually do this because the location, characters, and their personalities are different, of course, but . . . 

Woody could be the other bodybuilder who AJ encounters in the bar in "AJ and Noah."   I'm too lazy to look up the particular chapter, but at least in theory that could be an intersection of the two stories. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, crushme99 said:

I'm having this thought of a way to cross-over with "AJ and Noah."   I wouldn't want you to actually do this because the location, characters, and their personalities are different, of course, but . . . 

Woody could be the other bodybuilder who AJ encounters in the bar in "AJ and Noah."   I'm too lazy to look up the particular chapter, but at least in theory that could be an intersection of the two stories. 

Ha! Well it's funny you say that because that guy from AJ & Noah (the beautiful but arrogant olive skinned muscle guy called Dale) is the same guy from chapter 11 of this story, who Woody referenced as being the first guy he ever went home with and who was really keen on him the next day. 😅 I'm not sure if anyone here picked up on that but I thought it would be a nice little Easter egg and a way to crossover the two stories. It's perfectly feasible too as Woody's hometown is just outside London, which you'll find out later in the story. 

• Like 5