Midtown East Gyms

NYCgrowAlpha

Hi Guys, 

Anyone know of any good gyms to get huge at in midtown east with a good training staff? My place is OK but I've had 4 trainers in 1 year as the place has a hard time trying to hold on to people and if they change trainers on me again I want to look into other options. (also I think part of the problem is I go to the gym from 6 - 7 AM and some of the trainers hate getting to the gym at 5:45).

I was looking on Google and found a few places but looking for something closer to the Kips Bay / Murray Hill area if anything exists.

Thanks all!

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, NYCgrowAlpha said:

Hi Guys, 

Anyone know of any good gyms to get huge at in midtown east with a good training staff? My place is OK but I've had 4 trainers in 1 year as the place has a hard time trying to hold on to people and if they change trainers on me again I want to look into other options. (also I think part of the problem is I go to the gym from 6 - 7 AM and some of the trainers hate getting to the gym at 5:45).

I was looking on Google and found a few places but looking for something closer to the Kips Bay / Murray Hill area if anything exists.

Thanks all!

Trainers that work for gyms... it's usually a really shit job, so many don't last at the same place for long. I worked briefly for an upscale gym that had a great reputation (until recently), and it was a little slice of hell. Lots of restrictions, and the trainer cut of the session price is often really terrible. Most trainers who are actually any good will work for a gym to get the hang of it, or maybe bounce between two or three, then strike out on their own. Some make it work as gym staff, but they tend to be the exception, not the rule.

The gym situation in Manhattan sucks. If anything, closest to you I'd go to is complete body on 19th. They allow independent trainers, so find one you get along with and train with them there. Quite a few really high caliber personalities in there.

You might also find a good independent that'll take you to MidCity, if crosstown at 42 is easier for you than that southwest diagonal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, & Privacy Policy.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..