Well that didn't last long. I already broke down and started an epilogue. I created a nice little piece of artwork as inspiration. I left the narrator clothed in underwear, sorry :P

Genie's Curse - Epilogue (for now)

It has been 3 months since I got trapped in a Genie's Curse. Adjusting to my new life has been a struggle. Sometimes I pulverize a door frame trying to go through. Once through, I can see behind me that it is perfectly in tact. I often use my shear size to try to intimidate people, but they are not even phased by the gesture. Listening to myself talk was the hardest thing to cope with. I came countless times until I started getting used to my voice. In those cases, I have been thankful that it was part of the illusion. Walking around at full mast or with soaked pants and people not even giving me a second glance is somewhat liberating. The same can be said for when I hulk out of my clothing in a public place. It is great being in a boring meeting and just having my clothes explode off of me. I learned quickly to stifle my laughter at the situation. It turns out laughing can be perceived by others even though they cannot see what is so humorous. Awkward...

Gene has been doing well. He sleeps through the night, every night. He pretty much did that from day 1. He never cries. If he needs something, he just makes a little baby sound and I immediately know what he desires. If he does start to get fussy, I can just lay him on my massive chest and he becomes completely relaxed. Or if I am busy doing something else, the crystal ball does the trick.

About a month ago, my 8 week paternity leave was ending and I had to hire a nanny. I interviewed a few men and women for the job. I was pretty selective - making sure they had proper credentials, certification, and education in child development. All of them were perfect for the job. But on the ninth interview, Gene made his happy gurgle sound, the guy's heart almost visibly melted, and I knew that he was the one. His name is Al and the two of them get along great. I always feel confident that Gene will be OK with Al while I am at work.

So yeah, home life is taken care of. Work, though, will be weird and stay weird forever. I crush my keyboard and mouse a few times every single day. Once, I took a chunk out of my monitor when I pressed the power button. I know that my chair and desk do not fit my body, but somehow I am able to sit there. My huge salami fingers should be slamming 8 keys at a time on the keyboard, yet I am still able to type. This life has showed me the power of meditation. I constantly need to take a deep breath and calm myself enough to start seeing through the illusion. 

I still haven't quite figured out what to do with my free time outside of home and work.

Before all of this, I was trying hard to build some muscle - working out and clean diet. My current situation has made that difficult. No matter how much I eat, I always feel like I am hungry. My reflection in the mirror has lost at least 20 pounds over the 3 months. And on the flip side, I cannot find weights that provide any challenge. My home gym was basically an all-in-one machine and a couple of dumbbells. So I joined a local hardcore gym. Ignoring the weird looks that I got, I went about my business trying to throw some weights around. Even there, I could not find a challenging amount of weight. I maxed out every machine, barbell and dumbbell on my first workout. Doing hundreds of reps at max weight barely works up a sweat. I tried going to the manager and asking for reinforced heavy duty bars and more weights, but I got laughed out of the office. 

I quit a couple of weeks after that. No doubt I looked like just another newbie who got discouraged. Other activities are difficult and unwieldy since I lost a lot of manual dexterity in the transformation. Just like with the computer keyboards, I can never tell how much or how little force is needed. It is also difficult to judge where exactly my fingers should go. With a keyboard, it is like blindly stabbing into the dark. Autocorrect picks up the majority of my mistypes, but most other recreational activities are not as forgiving. I have shied away from my friends because I do not have any clue how to act around them. Will any of my feats of strength translate through the illusion? The last thing I would want is to hurt one of them. Luckily, Gene is the perfect excuse for being a hermit for a while. Once I can get a handle of everything at work, I will try to incorporate friends again.

I still do not really know what I look like. Some things that I can pin down are:
- My body over produces melanin (or at least overproduces compared to regular people). I have a permanent deep tan covering my body. The skin on my arms and the top of my pecs is like cellophane wrapped around the muscle. Even though I can see the tan, I can also partially see through to every single muscle fiber. The top of my chest, parts of my forearms and shoulders are about the extent of what I can see of my body.
- My hands are gigantic. Each of my fingers is close to the size of a cucumber. One time at the gym, I reached over and grabbed a regular guy's head. My mitt engulfed half of his skull. I made sure to pay close attention to the mirror while doing that. Obviously the reflection did not grab the other guy's head. Although, I was licking my lips lustfully thinking about how I could just pick him up like he was nothing. The guy just thought that I was attracted to him and checking him out in the mirror.
- I cannot get a good look at my feet, but I wear a size 18 US. 
- When I move my lips around, I can barely see at the bottom of my vision that I have a thick beard. 
- I can feel a squared off jawline, but that is pretty much all I know about my face. It is not like you can get a sense of fine details with hands like mine. It is like trying to play golf with a basketball.

Everything else about my body is basically found by feeling around. My giant catcher's mitt hand cannot fully grasp my cock. I have tried measuring it, but the illusion always warps back to around eight inches. I can feel putting my hands side by side that the cock extends past them. Even though the ruler says my palms are somewhere in the 4 inch width area, I can visually see that they are double that. What does that mean for my cock...? 

I have an eight pack of meat slab abs. My pecs are so large that they obscure the top abs. Each pec is much bigger than the guy's head I mentioned above. My hands can feel the heft, but I know that I cannot grip them fully. Feeling around below the belt (to the extent my size allows), I cannot really tell how big my thighs are. They seem to be bigger than my waist, but that is just an assumption without any ability to accurately measure them.

I have taken to buying weights for home whenever I have the spare cash above and beyond the food budget and baby supplies. I bought one heavy duty bar to use for my exercises at home. I am not quite at the point of feeling resistance, but I feel like I am getting close.

Every once in a while, I try the lamp and device just out of curiosity. I test different methods of activation. So far, nothing has worked. Something has been bugging me right from the start, though. Am I the one seeing and feeling an illusion like when the genie grew my cock? Or am I really this big and everybody else sees an illusion of me at regular size and has their perception distorted for what is actually happening?

Since I see the original me in a mirror that isn't performing the same actions... does that mean the latter version is true?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So me being the idiot that I am just now realized that the baby is the genie having been reborn. Mind blown. Lol 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

• Like 1

Really great writing, Desato. You have a really clever way of making quite difficult-to-grasp subjects (reality alteration, illusions) readable and engaging. A seriously great start to the Storiversary. 

(No pressure on me for tomorrow. Yikes.)

• Like 1

Ohh it's so nice to have an epilogue i do hope we read aboput Gene growing up and of he willr emmebers or if AL will be differnt too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gameboy487 said:

So me being the idiot that I am just now realized that the baby is the genie having been reborn. Mind blown. Lol 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Lol, I love it :D 

1 hour ago, goremeridian said:

Really great writing, Desato. You have a really clever way of making quite difficult-to-grasp subjects (reality alteration, illusions) readable and engaging. A seriously great start to the Storiversary. 

(No pressure on me for tomorrow. Yikes.)

Don't worry about it. This is clearly a topic I have thought about for years. In my head, I always outsmart the genie. But when I started thinking about it for this story, I realized that my plan would probably leave me trapped. I believe the first wish would actually work and the promise to free a genie might engender some help from his side. But the second wish is always the tricky one :) . I always imagined illusions would be the way to go, but maybe I have to rethink my wishes.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 12:35 PM, Desato said:

It is not all bad for the narrator. He gets the most fantastically muscled body in the world and can do amazing feats of strength. He just will never know what is real.

That to me would be its own kind of Hell.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, darkluster4 said:

Great job!

Lol. Now I'm trying to think about like Desato, and analyze a way out of what he's done. By it's very nature magic rewrites the rules of existence, which means it is itself subject to change. So there has to be a way for some one to 'see the truth' past the illusion, like a seer or something. (Boyfriend material?) I suspect that the orb and lamp would be key to that. The orb may not work for this new version of him, but it still has magic. And the lamp was a HUGE store house of magic. So maybe the lamp could absorb the orbs magic, and make a new genie? Also, what if he had 'become the illusion' but had set it right before he found the magic lamp? Could he have gotten some more wishes? (Maybe use them to adjust his wish...)

I'd also be curious to find out how Gene's life develops. Is he able to see his 'father's' true form? What does he look like as a young adult? Does he have any memories of being a genie? Does he find love? Could we have an incident like Uub merging with Buu to unlock his TRUE POWER!? (Sorry, Dragon Ball Grand Tour reference there. lol 🤣)

Great minds think alike. All toward the end I was thinking, "If I were him, how would I get out of this predicament?"

Overall a great story! Of course the ending was a little dark, but then again, it would not have been nearly as interesting if his plan worked and everything came out great.  I will say it was the most head trippy story I've read in a long time, and that's a good thing!

I have most of another part written. I just haven't had time to finish it. It will be coming soonish :)

• Like 1