Advice on Workout Plan

VRGoh

Just started at Knockout Fitness a couple of weeks ago, and I think I have a decent split down.  However, I'm still trying to iron out a few kinks. (Giggity.)  So far, I have:

Monday: Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders

Wednesday: Legs (including Calves) and Core (which may or may not include lower back)

Friday: Back and Biceps

Would this work for a beginner who is aiming for a bodybuilder's physique, (i.e. gaining lean muscle) or should I go another direction?  Any help is appreciated.

• 7 months later...

I think that's a good break down of muscle groups.  I do similar but at 6 days a week.  You should (be better than I) include cardio.  Not knowing where your starting point is and depending on your near term goal, more frequent lifting and moderate cardio would be a good choice.  You will want to make sure that you eat sufficient for the goal too, as that will fuel growth.  Finally, don't ignore your recovery.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, & Privacy Policy.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..