I am a pretty big guy under normal circumstances.  At 6’1 230lbs most people would say I am above average.  I don’t know why, but I have always wanted to be the smaller one in a relationship.  I guess it because I want to be the one taken care of, not the one in charge.  Don’t get me wrong, I like my size at times.  I am not a feminine man, I just know that I a man that has needs that want to be met.  My dream man would be 6’5 or taller and outweigh me by at least 50 lbs.  He must be masculine, not overweight, but muscular and strong as an ox.  I would love to be in a bar with my man and people turn and stare at him not just because of his size, but because they notice that I am his and his alone.  This is all fantasy, this would never happen in real life.  Who am I kidding?  What muscle giant is going to want an average guy like me?  But then I met Bryson and my fantasy became reality.

I live in Colorado, so I love to go hiking in the mountains.  Not an overnight hike, just an afternoon stroll looking at the beauty of nature.  I am not a photographer, but I love taking pictures of the scenery.  I don’t know what it is, but there is something about the solitude and the fresh air that gives me joy.  So here I am strolling along a narrow trail.  I pass a few other hikers along the way.  I give them a short greeting and allow them to pass.  I am not going to lie, I am always cruising the merchandise, still hoping for that chance to at least see my dream man, even if being with him isn’t reality.  

I see this guy walking towards me with a day pack on his back and is shirtless.  I can see he is a bigger guy far away off, as he gets closer, I get to see how big he really is.  I am trying not to stare, but it is hard not to.  This guy has to be at least 6’8 and solid as a rock.  I move over to let him pass, and he does the same to let me pass.  He gives this smile that radiates with confidence.  As I walk past him, I look up and our eyes meet. His eyes are an emerald green.  They almost didn’t look like they could be his real color, but they were so masculine and beautiful.    I tried to say thank you, but the words could not form in my mouth.  My mouth was dry and it would not shut.  He looks down at me, and says “have a good day, enjoy the view.”  I wanted to say “I already am” but I just walked past not saying a word. 

As I walk away, I look back one more time just to get another look at him.  I was not expecting him to be looking back at me, but he was.  He gave me a great big smile and waved goodbye.  I walked about 10 steps, not paying attention to where I was going and I slipped off the narrow trail and started sliding down the slope of the hill.  He saw what happened and started running towards me.  I was holding onto a rock so I didn’t slide down any farther.  When he got to me, he reached down and told me to grab onto his hand.  I was afraid to let go of the rock, but the confidence in his voice made me feel more at ease.  “you can trust me, I will not let you fall”.  I grabbed for his hand and he grabbed my wrist.  And there was a connection that I have never felt before.  Before I knew what had happened, I was hoisted up to safety.  This giant man, lifted my body with one arm like I weighed nothing at all. 

After knew I was safe, then the emotions started flowing.  I was shaking and scared.  I started crying.  I felt like such a baby.  Here I am a grown man crying in front of this giant like a baby.  I was expecting my emotions to make him feel uncomfortable, but his response was exact opposite.  We were both still on the ground and he wrapped his arms around me and set me down on his lap.  “it’s ok, you are safe now”.  He let took that back of my head and lead me to his chest.  It was so intimate.  I felt like I have known this man my entire life, and I didn’t even know his name.  I just cried in his arms for a few more minutes.  Then I regained my composure.  Then something else happened. 

After I calmed down, I felt a sharp pain in my leg.  I don’t know if it was the adrenaline, but I did not even notice that my leg severely injured.  My pants were soaked with blood.  I must have hit that rock harder than I thought I did.  I thought I could get up, but the pain was so intense that I went right back down into his lap.  “My name is Bryson, what is your name son?”  I was not expecting to be called “son”, but I kind of liked it. 

“name is Nathan”

“Well Nathan, nice to meet you.  Let me take care of this wound for you.  I am a nurse and I have all the things we need at my place.  My car is at the trailhead about a mile away.  I will carry you there.”  I didn’t know how to respond.

“Bryson, I weigh 230lbs, I am not a small guy.  Are you sure I won’t be too heavy for you?”  He smiled at me and stood up with me in his arms.  I can curl almost 300 lbs, I could carry you all day long”.  His confidence made me instantly hard and it showed.  “I can see that you like that idea don’t you?”  Again, he left me speechless.  Bryson didn’t waste any time and started walking down to trail with me cradled in his arms.  “wrap your arms around my neck Nathan and enjoy the ride”.  At times he would adjust me by throwing me up and catching me at a higher level.  I don’t think he was getting tired, I think he was playing with me, literally!  We got to his truck, a Ford F-150 with a lift so it was high off the ground.  He went over to the passenger side and set me down for a minute, still supporting me with one arm so most of my weight was resting in his one arm.  He opened the door and lifted me into the passenger seat.  I thought he was going to fasten my seatbelt as well, but he just reach and handed it to me to snap into place.  He closed the door and went around to the drivers side and got it.

We went down the mountain and turned onto this winding dirt road until we came to this huge log cabin in the middle of nowhere.  “Welcome to my home Nathan, I hope you feel welcome here”.  He then got out of the truck and walked over to my side, opened the door and scooped me up into his arms again.  This guy is amazing.  He is not cocky at all.  He is just compassionate and caring.  He carries me into his house and sets me down on this really long couch.  “let me go get my kit.”  and he heads into the bathroom.  I take this time to adjust my package.  Bryson returns with what looked like a small red toolbox with he red cross on it.  “let me take care of this for you.”  Before I knew it, he started tearing off my pants starting from the waist and with one pull my pants were shredded in two.  “You won’t be needing these later anyway.” He said with a grin that made his green eyes sparkle. 

To be continued…