Our Lady Rises : An American Musketeer Short Story

CardiMuscleman

"Oooh, my lover, I cannot wait to take off this blindfold. Even now I am imagining you strapping me into an electrical chair, attaching my nipples, cock and balls to the power of your land, yes, even now I am getting hard, yes, my lover, I will wait until this blindfold comes off and then...then I shall take you to heaven"

As Porthos practically panted every step that he took, Henry and Roger looked at each other and nodded solemnly. As Henry reached for the blindfold that was covering Porthos's eyes, he said "Porthos, when I remove this blindfold, you are given carte blanche to make any declaration you wish based on what you see, do you understand?"

"I understand mon amis" came the moaned reply and with that the blindfold was removed and as Porthos's vision cleared his moans of desire stopped suddenly and were replaced by a mighty "NON!" as the vision in front of him cleared.

Notre-Dame Cathedral

"What...What...What happened?" he stammered

"There was a fire" replied Henry as he stood next to the bewildered Titan, "started by accident I should stress, that burned for a good four or five hours!"

"But...But...But...this is not possible!" added Porthos

"It is my lover" sighed Roger, "the whole of the roof burned, the spire collapsed and at least one window was destroyed!"

As Porthos slumped to his knees, he wailed "But, this was the first thing I saw when I came to Paris all those years ago, please, mon amis, tell me, this is a dream, oui?"

"It's not a dream" replied Henry helping Porthos to his feet, "this really happened, but at the same time so is this" and with that he held the Titan's hand and led him towards the building where a group of firemen were clearing up after them. Nodding his head Henry said, in slightly broken French, that he was a visitor to Paris and having brought two friends with him wished to console them that the cathedral had been saved. The fireman nodded confirming the statement and pointed to a notice next to the front door. As Henry read it, his reading better than his talking, Porthos's glum expression started to change.

"We have much to rebuild, We will rebuild Notre Dame Cathedral even more beautifully. We can do it, and once again, we will mobilize (to do so)"

"AYE!" declared Porthos, puffing out his chest as far as it was possible to do so and as he did so he stood tall and saluted the building declaring "My lover, my friend, let us volunteer immediately. The strength of the Titan will help this building be restored!"

The President of France (Emmanuel Macron) has issued a statement this evening stating that he wants to see Notre Dame completely restored to as it was when it was first constructed by 2024 and has solicited funding to do so. So far various companies in France have donated €800 million ($902 million, £692 million) of an estimated total cost of some €2.25 billion ($2.54 billion, £1.94 billion) and given my interest in French history I shall certainly be donating at least €50 ($57, £43) to the appeal)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1