CMiller

VERIFIED ACCOUNTS & NEW DISCORD CHANGES

Posted (edited)

TLDR;

1. You need to relink your Discord: https://muscle-growth.org/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=settings&area=discord
  2. You can verify your forum account: https://muscle-growth.org/modcp/verifications/

I've been working hard on some backend systems tweaks to make the site better for those who wish to verify themselves on the forum as well as on the official Discord. Moving forward this will be the only method for getting your verification badge (on the forums). Verification is for those who wish to verify their profile and the pictures they display are their own. If you are caught trying to pass another person's photos as your own you can get your verification badge removed and possible removal from the forum. 

1. To start with the verification process you want to make sure that your account is connected to Discord, to do this you want to make sure your Discord is linked here: https://muscle-growth.org/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=settings&area=discord 
  2. Once you have linked your Discord proceed here and follow the instructions: https://muscle-growth.org/settings/verification/

Second, we've changed how Discord is connected to the forums. This now requires all members (who want to use Discord) to relink their Discord accounts if they wish to use it to either login or to sync their member groups to those on the Discord chat. I'm sorry that it had to happen so abruptly but certain time sensitive decisions had to be made as well as  preparing for the roll out of the verification feature caused a couple hiccups with the old Discord integration that was causing the forum to crash. 

To link your Discord for login: https://muscle-growth.org/settings/login/?service=12

To link your Discord for group sync: https://muscle-growth.org/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=settings&area=discord

Edited by CMiller
Clarify Discord requirement
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

is it compulsory to link a discord account in order to verify your forum account? The wording seems like that's the case, however, not all members have a discord or engage in the discord of the forum.

1 hour ago, DutchPump said:

is it compulsory to link a discord account in order to verify your forum account? The wording seems like that's the case, however, not all members have a discord or engage in the discord of the forum.

Sorry I edited it to make it clear. If you use Discord you will need to relink it. If you don't use Discord you don't have to do anything. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CMiller said:

This now requires all members (who want to use Discord) to relink their Discord accounts if they wish to use it to either login or to sync their member groups to those on the Discord chat.

What if I have no interest in sync'ing between Discord and the forum, or using it to login?  Why link them?

2 hours ago, NerdJock said:

What if I have no interest in sync'ing between Discord and the forum, or using it to login?  Why link them?

As I already clarified Discord is optional. 

You can still verify your forum account without Discord. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Gents for honoring the requests for a  simple verification process!  I realize it's not fool-proof, but I've found on other sites it drastically reduces the amount of fakes and/or  scams.  There are just too many fish in the sea, it's easier for the fakes to just find another shill.  Also, I am here mainly because I love muscle and/or men that also find it attractive.  Not looking for a lover, a life partner, a BJ,  a piece of ass or a Boy Toy.  I just enjoy meeting men that are interested in lifting , muscle, flexing, and staying in shape.   After all these years of lifting and looking at magazines, or watching videos, I've  finally exploring  how cool it is to swap feels & flexes with another man.   l admit my social skills around muscular men suck  (there.s probably a better way to phrase that :)  but you get the drift.   After being out of shape for so many years it still amazes me that someone would actiually want me to flex for them!  am 70, so I have tennis shoes and tee-shirts that are older than most of the guys without profiles that end up wanting to "meet me."   But luckily, there are  also some real quality men I have met on here that, for one reason or another also choose to remain anonymous, but they have been there for me when I have lost friends, or just want to ask some questions or chat.  One guy I met online competes, and let me watch him train in my basement one day.   That was a year or so ago, and I still get stoked  going downstairs  to lift and thinking about all the knowledge and motivation I got in one afternoon.   It's a pretty amazing  group of guys  here, so thanks for listening to our requests...your time and efforts are greatly appreciated...hopefully,  since this is simple and voluntary, you will be  providing a pleasant experience for us all!  tom

2060882165_FunSize....jpg.924138330144fc7a9d84162e90dcac8c.jpg      fun size!

• Like 4

On 3/23/2019 at 11:49 PM, CMiller said:

As I already clarified Discord is optional. 

You can still verify your forum account without Discord. 

I don't use Discord.  When I click the "verify your forum account" link, I get an error message:

1034475147_Screenshot2019-03-31at2_59_02PM.thumb.png.920dd71f875194d41a24a63aff4badc2.png