Dad, The Homewrecker. (Part IV added 07/04)

9 hours ago, Wagnerman267 said:

Would it be right for someone else to finish it? assuming the author is gone?

Well i dont know. The autor is gone and if there is nota way to contact him i dont think it would be aproblem but that's me i know some other people are more picky about this stuff

• Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, Ro20316 said:

Well i dont know. The autor is gone and if there is nota way to contact him i dont think it would be aproblem but that's me i know some other people are more picky about this stuff

That's a bummer. I didn't realize that the author "AdonisObsessed" had left the forum completely. My personal view is that if the story has been abandoned unfinished by its original author then it would be fair game for someone else to take it up. If the author has left the forum completely, not just taken a break for a while, it's fair to assume they aren't going to finish. 

Still, the continuation needs to be posted to a different thread and clearly marked that it's by a different author in my opinion. That way it's clear in case the original author resurfaces and decides to continue. Kind of a win-win.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattbo said:

Since the original author is gone I feel like the continuation is fair game. 

8 hours ago, Kymuscleboy said:

That's a bummer. I didn't realize that the author "AdonisObsessed" had left the forum completely. My personal view is that if the story has been abandoned unfinished by its original author then it would be fair game for someone else to take it up. If the author has left the forum completely, not just taken a break for a while, it's fair to assume they aren't going to finish. 

Still, the continuation needs to be posted to a different thread and clearly marked that it's by a different author in my opinion. That way it's clear in case the original author resurfaces and decides to continue. Kind of a win-win.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, Ro20316 said:

May the best man win then, gentlemen.

The original author wrote a 5th chapter and we collaborated on a prequel. We were in communication at the time but haven't been able to reach him recently. Will keep trying. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Wagnerman267 said:

May the best man win then, gentlemen.

Oh, I don't have any good ideas for continuing the story. I was just offering my thoughts on how someone else could best continue it while giving all due credit to the original author. 

2 hours ago, rolling24 said:

The original author wrote a 5th chapter and we collaborated on a prequel. We were in communication at the time but haven't been able to reach him recently. Will keep trying. 

Given that we know another chapter is written, maybe people should give it just a little while longer? Maybe I'm an eternal optimist that adonisobsessed will come back. In the meantime, if the prequel was finished, and you have a copy, I think that would be fair game to post, since it is your work as well.

• Upvote 1

On 12/24/2019 at 3:08 AM, rolling24 said:

Im nervous

About posting it without the other author or about how it will be received? Either way, I would say you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure a lot of people will like it, and since Adonisobsessed has gone MIA, I wouldn't think there is any issue with posting. However, do what feels right to you. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2019 at 3:08 AM, rolling24 said:

Im nervous

This is my favorite story on forum, really love the characters you've created! Still hoping for more but wish you the best :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...