KING REX 2: The Horde of Future-Heroes

Absman420

KING REX 2: THE HORDE OF FUTURE-HEROES

PROLOGUE/ CHAPTER 1: The End of Time/ Horde Headquarters

By absman420

PROLOGUE: The End of Time

Decay.

Entropy and decay as far as the eye could see.

Even the empty wind moved nothing but sand, already having worn down any obstacle that may have stood in its wake -- eroded any object that may have existed in the past. Simply put, if not nearly impossible to imagine, there was nothing here. A vast and endless nothing.

It was his domain -- the Time Stalker!

His dull and faded robes, tattered and worn, covered his dry and withered flesh -- it had been years since he’d pulled back his hood to reveal a face he’d long since forgotten. Even if he remembered his own identity after all these billions of years, who would he reveal it to?

Alone in his domain -- alone for time immeasurable -- the Time Stalker revelled in his ultimate victory, seeking only ways to push this final entropy backwards through the ages, to the beginning of Time itself, so that he’d be Master of All!

Of course, there were those who stood against him. Time and again, the Horde of Future-Heroes had thwarted his plans. Misguided children! Noble Cockroaches! Their lifespans were barely more than a blink of the eye to one such as the Stalker -- yet, they’d disrupted his every effort.

Inspired by the heroic exploits of the teenaged Superion a thousand years in their past, these youths banded together to unite their planets and carry on the Superionic Ideal, becoming the Horde of Future-Heroes! So many of them, easily two dozen at the least. Each of these heroes had one distinctive super power that made them unique and for a while a teenaged Superion traveled to the future to join them in their adventures.

The Time Stalker knew the way to strike at them was through their relationship with Superion. Remove Superion from the equation and the Horde would have no inspiration. He’d tried many times -- in one instance, the Stalker had gone so far as to snag a moment of time itself to create a Pocket Universe, where Superion hadn’t gained his powers until adulthood, thereby negating the motivation for the Horde’s formation. Even THIS did not stop the Future-Heroes -- it merely made a continuity blip that repaired itself (and blew itself up again) multiple times, a recurring Crisis, rebooting and three-booting the Universe over and over.

And STILL the Horde existed!

There had to be some way to stop them...

At that moment, something in the Time-Viewing Globe caught his eye. On one of the Multiple Earths, a trans-dimensional portal had opened. Upon closer examination, the Time Stalker saw what had happened, not only to the Superion of that world, but to the Justice Club as well! Maybe this was the tool he needed to defeat the Horde… or at least distract them.

It took little effort to divert the portal and bring the entity using it here, to the Time Stalker’s domain. As it shimmered with an almost mirror-like finish, the oval-shaped portal opened and a being fell through, as if pushed. A male humanoid with a hyper-augmented musculature and oversized genitalia. An impressive specimen to be sure, dressed in purple spandex shorts that were banded at the waist and thigh with golden metallic bands, somehow emphasizing his endowment, purple boots, no gloves -- but golden gauntlets -- no shirt either, but somehow a metallic lightning bolt seemed attached to (a part of?) the skin of his massive pecs, a short white cape held around his thick neck by a golden tassel, and a bejewelled crown atop his square-jawed, handsome head.

Wary, but not fearful, the man stood, taking in his surroundings, facing the hooded entity before him. “Where am I?” he growled. “And what are you? Death?”

The Time Stalker chuckled, something he so rarely did, he couldn’t remember the last time -- so many years -- “I do not reap,” he said in his dry, raspy voice. “I sow. I sow carnage and entropy. The End of Time is so much more than mere death, mortal. I am the Time Stalker and this is my domain. And you, King Rex, as you would have yourself known, will soon be a tool for me in the defeat of the Horde of Future Heroes.”

“I serve no one’s will but my own,” said the King, crossing his arms before his massive chest -- impressive, to be sure -- striking a posture of resistance.

“I seek not your permission,” the Stalker hissed. “You will play out my orchestrations without even realizing it. Just by being yourself, King Rex, you will be my unwitting pawn.”

And with that, Rex lashed out, opening his arms and releasing his power -- wave after wave of invisible mass, intent on weighing his opponent down. The power that had felled Superion.

The Time Stalker shook it off as if it were little more than a pest, a nuisance. Deep within the shadows of his hood, Rex could almost see his smile. “Yes,” the Stalker said quietly. “That will do perfectly. But first, taste MY power…”

With but a slight gesture, the Stalker deflected Rex’s attack and launched his own, a blast of chronal energy that hit Rex square in the chest -- it would’ve knocked him over if Rex’s mighty legs hadn’t already been braced. As he felt it rush past him, the chronal energy seemed to wash away the years as it went, like coarse sand would erode an object rushing by. When it was over, he wasn’t sure exactly what was different at first -- yes, he was slightly smaller, his muscles leaner, but still massive. No… it was his skin -- his skin was tighter! Tighter, smoother, softer, like when he’d been a boy.

And that was when Rex realized -- the Time Stalker’s chronal blast had made him younger! He was no longer a full-grown man in the prime of his life -- now Rex was barely more than a teen. A hyper-muscular, over-endowed teen, to be sure, but a teen nonetheless -- maybe twenty on the outside. Even the hair on his head was youthful, shaggy and unkempt. And was he sporting a weak, teenaged beard?

“What the hell…?” Even his voice had more tenor -- less of an edge.

The Stalker was pleased. “Perfect,” he mumbled, chuckling. “Perfect. You still retain your powers and abilities, of course. And your lusts -- at your new age even more difficult to resist. But now you’ll fit in with the Horde, a contemporary, and so they’ll accept you. After that, it’s only a matter of time -- and time is what I know so well. And what I have so much of.” The Stalker made another gesture and a new trans-dimensional portal opened, shimmering just like the first, the one that had brought Rex here.

“Go then and spread your sexual chaos,” the Stalker schemed aloud, “but not as King Rex, not yet. Not at YOUR new age.” He chuckled. “It’s not trite enough for them. Let them know you instead as Power Teen.” As he spoke, the Time Stalker seemed to grow, nearly eight feet tall by the time he said, “Do this for me and I promise you a reward that will shake the very foundation of continuity.”

“Reward?” Rex asked, finally interested.

Rex felt himself pushed, though there was no one to push him. But he felt pushed, for sure -- hands on his chest, shoving him into the trans-dimensional portal. He tumbled backwards through it -- his super-strength nothing in the face of this force -- and landed, unceremoniously, on his ass, on a weird sort of plastic-feeling pavement, so different from the decayed, unstable sandy surface at the End of Time. This new place was super-clean, sleek in a souped-up, science-fiction kind of way, notable for the absence of litter and pollution as much as the bright, metallic colors.

As he stood, brushing some errant sand from his muscular ass, Rex realized that he was standing on a Pavilion of sorts, and there were quite a number of people milling about. Young people -- some of them in their early teens -- some of them not even HUMAN -- dressed in garash, stylized superhero garb.

“Attention, Candidates…”

The announcement caused Rex to turn around, where her faced a large building that was shaped like the back-end of a retro-styled rocketship sticking up out of the ground, brandished with a large letter “H”. In front of the “H”, a holographic banner read, “Horde Tryouts Today.”

HORDE HEADQUARTERS -- Earth

The Horde Future-Hero Pavillion

Before Rex could gather his thoughts, the announcement continued. “Welcome to Horde Membership Tryouts. We will begin our initial screening here on the Future-Hero Pavilion. When it’s your turn, tell us your real name, your planet of origin, the codename you’d like and a summation of your powers. Be prepared to demonstrate your powers as well. If you pass this phase, you will go inside the clubhouse for the next stage. Thank you and good luck.”

Rex smiled as he realized the obviousness of the Time Stalker’s plot -- still, he wasn’t sure why he should play along. Infiltrating and corrupting this Horde could be a fun way to spend the day, no doubt, but that a being like the Time Stalker wanted so badly for him to do it, he wondered if he should.

Really… what was in it for him?

And then, as if on cue, the clubhouse doors opened and two of the Horde emerged. Because of his position -- Rex was near the back of the crowd -- he had to stand on the balls of his feet to see. On the left was something that looked like a human and a computer were merged together -- blue skin, with obviously fake light blue hair, but the rest of him was almost completely bio-circuitry, living, breathing AI. He wore a sleeveless white jumpsuit, tucked into light gray boots -- a heavy belt strapped around his waist that seemed to have multiple controls and functions.

“Smartiak 6,” someone next to Rex said, in awe of the being. “He has a computer mind -- a twelfth-level intelligence with an all-too human heart.”

He DID look like a computer had fucked someone, thought Rex -- but it was fleeting. As he tried to imagine what kind of cock Smartiak 6 had, he saw Smartiak’s companion.

It couldn’t be…?

Yet, somehow it was.

Superion.

But not the Superion that Rex had transformed into His Royal Consort -- this was a younger version, at least a decade younger than the Superion Rex knew. How could Superion exist as a youth a thousand years in his adult future? Was this what the Time Stalker had been talking about when he’d said Rex would “shake the foundation of continuity”?

This youthful Superion had the same costume as his adult-self, the same S-shield across his chest -- but he had the build of a highly-trained teen athlete, a gymnast or a swimmer, lean and tight -- spectacular abs, Rex noted -- not the heavy musculature he carried as an adult, even before Rex augmented it.

But it couldn’t be…?

“It couldn’t be…” Rex mumbled aloud. The creature next to him took that as a cue to talk.

“It is!’ the creature said, waving one of its many hands. “Everyone knows the legend: inspired by the deeds of the universal hero Superion, the Horde began as a club for young superheroes. At first, it was just a few Adventures. But as they became popular, the three founders when back in time a thousand years and recruited a youthful Superion to join their ranks, eventually becoming known as TEEN SUPERION AND THE HORDE OF FUTURE-HEROES!”

“‘TEEN Superion’...?”

“I know,” the creature said, giggling. “Isn’t he DREAMY?”

Teen Superion was dreamy, indeed, Rex thought, glancing back at the young hero as he and Smartiak 6 stepped onto an electric platform hovering under the banner reading “Horde Tryouts today” -- his sleek musculature and those teeny, tiny hips, Rex just wanted to pound his hole.

“Good Morning, Candidates!” Teen Superion announced in a strong, youthful voice. “We want to welcome you to this first round of Horde Tryouts. When it’s your turn, tell us your name, your proposed code-name, your planet of origin and be prepared to demonstrate your power.”

There were quite a number of applicants, although most had little to offer in the way of actual power. Many seemed to be more sight-gag oriented, superfans with ridiculous code-names like “Fruit-Ripening Boy”, “Chlorine Kid” or “Ida Eyeballs”. Smartiak 6 would deny them and then Teen Superion would make some sort of comforting quip. Still, the hopeful would-be heroes were disappointed -- they’d lost the universe’s biggest talent show.

And then they called on Rex, who suddenly realized he’d been standing in line without knowing it. As he approached the platform, he saw that same look in Teen Superion’s eyes that he‘d become so accustomed to when men first saw Rex’s hyper-muscled body and hyper-masculine endowment -- that moment of shock and envy. Of course, Teen Superion had no way of knowing that Rex had already enslaved his future self. That made this moment all the more delightful.

“I am Rex of Earth,” he said with some amusement, legs spread, hands on hips, displaying himself proudly. “Code name: Power Teen. Aside from super-strength and my obvious physical prowess, I have the ability to give and take mass and strength away from someone. If I were battling Teen Superion, for example, I could take sap him of his strength -- or, if he were my ally, I could ADD to his strength, if such a thing were ever necessary.”

“Fascinating,” said Smartiak 6, obviously contemplating Rex’s potential like Rex was a chess-piece.

“Can you give us a demonstration?” asked Teen Superion, hopping down off the platform, a confident smirk on his face. Although the same height, Rex outweighed Teen Superion by at least fifty muscular pounds. Still, the super-teen held his stance, defiant -- Rex couldn’t help but remember Teen Superion’s adult self kneeling at Rex’s feet and sucking Rex’s mighty cock. Now it looked like Rex was going to get to seduce Superion all over again.

The thought turned him on, regardless of the temporal chaos it would cause.

“Gladly,” said Rex, lifting his arms in a grappling stance, as if he were about to begin a wrestling match.

Moving so quickly he was little more than a blur, Teen Superion zipped behind Rex and put him in a Full Nelson -- it was like being in an iron vice, immovable and solid. Rex seemed helpless.

“Well, I guess that ends that pretty quickly,” Teen Superion said smugly -- Rex enjoyed the feeling of Teen Superion pressing against him.

“Not quite yet,” said Rex, bending his arm and gently touching Teen Superion.

Almost immediately, Teen Superion’s hold weakened. “What’s happening?” he asked, suddenly breathless. Left with less strength than a normal human, Teen Superion’s Full Nelson was easily broken by Rex, as he effortlessly flipped the young hero onto his back on the Pavilion before them. He held Teen Superion against the ground with just his flat hand.

“Now what do you think?” he quietly asked the helpless hero.

Teen Superion smiled weakly. “I propose Full Horde Membership!” he said.

[CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 2 -- COMING SOON!]

From the Fanzine Column ABSMAN BLABS, MAN:

A “LASS”, A “LAD”, ALAS AND ALACK

A word about the HORDE OF FUTURE-HEROES. Debuting in 1958 in PASSIVE COMICS #247, the original eight-page HORDE story was largely a throwaway idea -- Teen Superion, visited by three Super Teens from the future, is invited to join their superhero club. After initially failing in some rigged initiation tests, there are knowing laughs, and that’s the end of that. All in all, a very simple and childlike adventure, reminiscent of most PASSIVE COMICS from the Silver Era. The Horde caught on though, and readers demanded more. The Horde’s adventures began appearing regularly in TEEN SUPERION comics as a backup, but became so popular that the book’s name changed to TEEN SUPERION AND THE HORDE OF FUTURE-HEROES and eventually, with issue #259 took over the title completely, renamed simply THE HORDE.

Most of the Horde Members are identified to be in their mid-to-late teens during this era -- but it wasn’t until the 1970’s that the Horde had aged enough to include “Space Opera” elements into the storyline -- romance, intrigue and betrayal. Hot artist Matt Grail launched himself to fame bringing sweeping changes to the Horde’s costumes and modernizing the design of the 30th century -- making it look strangely like a sci-fi disco-fest -- lots of skin and lots of hair (on the girls and the boys! [Magnetic Boy’s black corset got this writer through puberty!])

Horde members married, had children, yet still kept the Lad/ Lass, Boy/ Girl honorifics in their code names. (With the exception of the infamous “Adult Horde” story that appeared way back in PASSIVE COMICS #354-355) Horde fans did the math -- there had been 14 Horde Leaders with a leader’s term lasting roughly one year. So by that measure, many of the Horde were in their mid-to-late 20’s still calling themselves “Boy” and “Girl” to “honor their inspiration”, Teen Superion.

A time may come in the future when the Horde Members update their names to match their adulthood, but there are many who believe an Adult Horde may not have the same magic and innocence -- perhaps that’s true. It certainly wouldn’t have the same impact to see the Adult Horde dealing with the horrors of middle-age, chronic pain and male-pattern baldness -- but maybe a little more adult tone would be okay. Let them have SOME sex -- especially Smartiak 6, doesn’t a computer deserve a little love?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I know. I'm very excited about it! Although I initially "saw" it as a comic book annual, it got to be so long that I broke it into chapters. I'm working on chap 6 as I type this comment out of (probably) 12. Having a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aitchbee said:

he's been a fan of DC's League of Superheroes for decades.

I think most fans of the LEGION have been so for life. It almost takes that kind of slavish devotion.

20 hours ago, Absman420 said:

I think most fans of the LEGION have been so for life. It almost takes that kind of slavish devotion.

The Boskone science-fiction convention in Boston has had a panel on the LEGION for years... I guess you're right.

I've tried to make the humor in this as referential as it was in the original KING REX. I don't think you need to know about the LEGION to enjoy this series -- I tell you pretty much all you need to know to enjoy the story -- but knowing the LEGION adds a different level. 

• 1 year later...