My New Job

Luciddreamer

Never expected a response from that many people. Hopefully I can keep up the interest with this next installment. Not 100% sure where I want this to go, but, I think that is half of the fun of writing.

My New Job pt 2

When an upset man who is a couple inches taller than you, at least 50 lbs of pure muscle heavier, and currently seems to be shaking while having a couple clothing issues is staring down at you, I did what any normal sane person would do… I fainted. I can’t really remember the last time I blacked out… there may have been an episode of heat exhaustion when I was trying to impress a guy, by hiking with him in the dunes. I had forgotten all of…. You know what? Nevermind. Not important. What is important is that I woke up in my apartment, laying on my couch, fully clothed. So that was good. I slowly got up when I heard the sounds of water running in the kitchen.

There standing in front of my sink, washing my dishes, was the catalyst of my dizzy spell, Harding. He seemed calmer, though his clothes were still a little tight on him. He looked at me and smiled. “Oh good, you are up. Sorry that I gave you a scare. I have issues with people telling me no… So, I did your dishes to apologize and I wanted to let you know that I will pick you up for work the rest of the week.” I looked at him dumbfounded. “Why? Why would you have to pick me up?” I blushed slightly and looked away. “So, I have anger issues. And, I need to vent out my frustrations…” I looked at him with my mouth agape. “YOU TOOK IT OUT ON MY CAR!” I ran out into the night air and sitting there in the middle of my driveway, leaking fluids, was my light grey Prius. It looked like it had gotten hit by a Mack Truck and had flipped over several times. The roof was dented in and part ripped off from the frame. The windows were gone. The driver’s side panel was dented in. Tires popped and rims bent. The hood of my little car was the new owner of a large hole and my engine was missing.

“Like I said, I have anger issues. I’m not proud of it. Since, you seem upset, I will leave you be. Your dishes are clean. I am going to go.” And with that he started to walk to his truck. Once he walked past me, I grabbed his wrist and felt him physically shiver. “You are going to fix this… I don’t care how this happened. I can’t believe that you took your anger out on my car. And who the hell has that kind of equipment in their vehicle that can do this kind of damage? But you will figure out how to fix this. I need my vehicle” He looked down at me, and then down to where I was touching him. He slowly pulled his arm away. “I will be here at seven to pick you up.” And with that he got in his truck and left.

Harding is very punctual. I heard his engine shut off right at seven a.m., like he planned. He slowly made his way to my front door. He knocked on my door, and I went up to answer it. I found out that he wasn’t waiting for me. He walked to my door, knocked, and then went back to his truck. I grabbed my bag, my jacket, and bagged lunch and made my way to his truck. I climbed in quietly, and we headed to work. In silence. I noticed that Harding kept looking at my hand that was at my side. I wondered why, but I slowly pulled my hand away and draped it over my leg. We walked into work, me following slightly behind him. It was my second day at the job, and everything was all screwed up already. I worked on my projects trying to fix things, I tried to talk to Harding as little as I could. And, I knew that I was going to have to call my insurance company.

I am very lucky honestly, I keep nothing in my car, and my insurance company sends people out to look at the vehicle, even if you aren’t there. A couple hours later they sent out a older woman, she took pictures and called me so that I could answer her questions. “No Ma’am, I have no clue how this happened. I came out of my house and found my vehicle destroyed” “No Ma’am, I don’t drink, nor do I do any drugs.” “Yes, Ma’am, I understand that this looks weird and that there will have to be an investigation.” I was sitting at my job, working in the receiving, trying to keep my mind off of what was going on and the Harding came up to my desk. “Hey,” he said in his baritone voice. “I need to stay late. You can either stay here, or find an alternative way to get home. But, I have no problem taking you back home.” I looked up at him, I realized that he was wearing a t-shirt that had one of my favorite fandoms on it. “I can stay here, I don’t have a problem with that. I, um, have a shirt similar to that. I didn’t realize that you liked them too…” He looked at me and chuckled. “This is your shirt. I wanted to give you a gift. A shirt that has been worn by me, a shirt that has been against my skin, a shirt that has had my sweat soaking in its threads.” And I just looked at him shocked, and he turned and walked away. I wasn’t going to lose my cool here, not at work, not on my second day, and not to some arrogant putz.

I was hot the rest of the day. “Who the hell does he think he is? You can’t just take a person’s shirt and flaunt it in front of you the next day.” I am lucky that I was busy, people left me alone, I might have lost my cool. I ate my lunch at my desk and thankfully no one stopped by to see how I was doing. At the end of the day I clocked out and was working on cleaning my desk. I watched as the rest of the workers left, and the only vehicle was Harding’s truck. He was going to hear what I had to say, and I don’t care what he did afterwards. I stormed into his area of the warehouse and stopped when I say him, holding up one of the forklifts with one hand, while he was working on the undercarriage. “Oh my god, what the fuck?!” I exclaimed. He looked at me and slowly shifted the forklift in his hands so that he was holding it by the cage that surrounds the driver and set it down with one hand. “Oh good, I figured I upset you enough to have you confront me.” He smiled and the flexed a double bicep pose that was beyond shredded. And for the second time in as many days, I passed out.

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Ro20316 said:

Really. He needs to stop passing out so we can find out what happens next and not wait for him to wake up. lol

What can I say, I like a bit of humor in my stories

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm rather confused by this. I think it is a great story so far, but it keeps ending and I have to ask myself what is going on. I get Harding being cocky and able to hulk out and such. I do not understand Scott's part in it. Does he have some kind of mind control? Or does he drain Harding's muscle? Harding seems to notice whatever it is, but does Scott know?