The Test:

Episode Six

Cronus

Vengeance practically glowed with the electricity he had called from the sky.  His skin was slick and the metal parts of his flesh shone bright.  He flexed his whole body and walked over to his father, Chaos.

• - Do you approve, Dad?
  • - You did well.
  • - I’m massive, aren’t I?
  • - Yes.
  • - Bigger, I think, then even you are.
  • - You might be.
  • - I feel so alive, Dad.  So fucking alive!!!

Vengeance roared and electricity from the sockets and lamps shot into his body, massaging it.  His muscles swelled up even larger and he seemed to grow taller.

• - I can’t stop, Dad!!!  It feels too good!  I think I’ll just keep growing forever!!
  • - Control yourself!!  We have work to do.
  • - Work???  We have work to do???

Another massive roar, another burst of electricity, and Vengeance’s pecs swelled to greater proportions.

• - I decide when I work and when I don’t work!  I make the decisions now!!!  

A fireball appeared in his hand, and he threw it across the room, setting part of the couch ablaze.

• - I think it just might be time to dethrone you, Dad.  What do you think about that? 

Chaos just stood there and watched at his son.

• - I said: What do you think??!!

Vengeance generated another ball of fire and hurled it at Chaos, striking him directly in the chest.  The energy blast flung him across the floor and onto his back.  As Vengeance walked over to him, he drew energy from every source, bulking up further.  His gargantuan arms, filled to the breaking point with muscle, swelled even larger.

• - What do you think, Dad?
  • - I think you are a sniveling little brat who should be taught a lesson.

Vengeance struck Chaos with a second blast of energy, and then a third.  Chaos was hurled against the wall.

• - I can do this all day, Dad, but I’m not sure you can.  I have a secret, Dad.  I know how to kill you.  The gem told me.

Chaos wanted to speak, but stayed quiet.  

• - Very well.  I take that silence to be my answer.  I make the decisions now.  Here, let me help you up.

Vengeance extended his hand to Chaos, but stopped and pulled it away.

• - On second thought... lick my hoof.
  • - What?
  • - You heard me!!!  Lick... my... HOOF!!!!

An unseen force grabbed Chaos, picked him up, and pitched him down on his knees.  Chaos attempted to fight it, but the strength of the force was stronger then even he, and it began pushing him down closer and closer to Vengeance ‘s hooves.

• - Worship me, Dad!!  Worship your new King!!

The force pressed down even harder on Chaos while he tried to fight back.  Never in his life had he kneeled before someone, and he wasn’t going to start with his own son.  With all of the mental and physical strength he could muster, Chaos threw himself onto his feet, twisted toward his son, and in one instantaneous movement, ploughed his entire arm deep within his chest.

Taken totally by surprise, and assuming his metal casing would protect him, Vengeance just gaped with wide eyes and open mouth.

• - No son of mine will ever speak to me that way again!!!

The noise that Vengeance emitted was ungodly, forcing Destruction to cover his ears.  With the same rapid movement, Chaos pulled his hand out of his sons chest, clutching pieces of the gem and pulling tentacles trailing behind.  Once the tentacles hit the night air, they slunk back into the gem making it whole once again.

Vengeance looked at his father with shock and sorrow.  As he tried to speak, blood and foam began to bubble up out of his mouth and run down his face.  Vengeance started to shake wildly as every part of his body began to pulsate, bubble, and hastily begin to fall apart.  Flesh dropped off as his whole body began to liquefy.  Falling to his knees, he struggled to reach out for his father, but Chaos simply kicked him away.  In mere moments, Vengeance was nothing more then a large mess on the floor.

Chaos turned to Destruction.

• - Do it!!!
  • - What?
  • - Remove my heart now!!
  • - I don’t...
  • - Do it!!!!!!!!

Destruction didn’t have to be told twice.  Walking up to Chaos, he pulled his arm back and then sunk it into his chest.  He was shocked how easy it was, and found himself silently wishing it killed Chaos.  Everything seemed to be moving quickly out of control.

Through gritted teeth, Chaos barked another command.

• - Do it!!

Destruction enfolded his hand around Chaos’ beating heart, yanked, feeling the veins give way, and slowly removed his arm with the prize in his hand.

Blood began to drip from the corners of Chaos’ mouth.  With a shaking hand and sheer determination, he lifted the gem to the gaping hole and forcefully thrust it in.  He waited for what seemed like eternity until he began to feel the gem beating in his chest like his own heart once did.  His flesh filled back in, and Chaos was whole once again.  

Silence filled the room as Chaos took a step and then another, trying to remain on his feet.  Every aspect that had become a part of him when he created Chaos swiftly began to revert to the original form Declan had possessed for most of his life.  Chaos was just a memory, a bookmark in his quest for power.  In a voice barely above a whisper, he spoke.

• - I demand you give to me what you were hinting at with my son.  I know the power that lies within you and I want it all.  Only I can weald such power!  Give it to me!!!

Listening to his demands, an indescribable feeling began to fill his entire body, his entire being, and his mind.  Destruction watched as Declan began to shudder and then tremble, a smile emerging on his face.

• - Yes!!!!!  I can feel it flooding my entire body.  It’s like nothing I’ve ever felt before.  It’s mind altering!!  I’m opening my brain to it!  Fuck!!!!  Yes!!!  I can now see so much!!!!  I can see the whole universe!!  Not just our universe, but every universe!

The gem began to beat faster in his chest and commenced glowing so bright that it could be seen from within his chest.

• - I have been given the key to everything!!!  I am being handed the entire universe!!  Every cell... every atom, every piece of matter in this and the billion other universes on this and every plane is mine!!!  In a blink of an eye I can be anywhere... and everywhere!!!  It’s more then I expected!!!  It’s not simply power, it’s all power!! 

Declan grabbed his head with his hands and started to scream.

• - All of the knowledge of this universe...   It’s forcing its way into my brain!!!  All of the knowledge of every universe is flooding me!!!  It’s... almost... too...  much... to.., handle!!!

Lightening shot down from the sky, through the ceiling, and began to strike the ground around Declan.  Destruction could hardly see him behind the blinding rain of lightning bolts.  With his head still bowed to the ground, Declan lifted his arms up into the air as if welcoming the energy into its new host.  On command, thousands of bolts of lightning began to shower down into his body.  As he was hit over and over again, Declan proceeded to laugh.  With one quick movement that was nearly impossible to see, Declan stood and caught a bolt as it hurled down from the sky.  Holding it before him, he looked deeply into it.

• - Inside of this human body I now hold the secrets of everything,  everything!!!!!  I know where the universe stops and where it ends.  I know why we are here, and what started it all.  I look through the curtain to see the creator... and I see me!!  ME!!! All of my life, this puny creature I was wanted to know everything... and now I am everything!!!!  I am becoming the beginning and the end!  I am becoming God!!!

Holding the lightening bolt up high, he threw it into the wall where it burst into flames.  Declan screamed out again, holding his head.  Destruction moved toward him but Declan held up his hand, chucking him backward into the wall.  

• - Even Asarualimnunna didn’t know what would happen if I claimed the gem as my own.  It never knew what it really was.  He only knew to safeguard it.  Now I am it and it is me.  We will merge, and nothing will ever stop me again!!!

Destruction tried to cover his ears as Declan spoke.  His voice was so loud now, so deep, and so powerful.  It seemed to come from everywhere at once.  His voice was in Destruction, around him, and becoming a part of every single molecule.  

• - It’s taking every ounce of my will to stop myself from breaking apart into millions of atoms!!  I was never meant to rise again, yet here I am being reborn!!!  No human should be able to handle this without going insane!!!  No!!!!!  He’s trying to take me over... forcing me to loose myself.  I forbid this, do you hear me??!!  We must merge!!  We must become one!!! 

An energy surrounded Declan as he fought for dominance.

• - Look at me!!  I will becoming God!!  I demand it be so!!!

Attempting to hold onto reality, Declan began to pace around the room.  He was talking so fast that Destruction found it nearly impossible to keep up.  All he wanted to do now was run away.  If Chaos was really becoming God… the world was in trouble.

• - Asarualimnunna assumed the gem would be safe within my son but Asarualimnunna underestimated his rage and newborn desire for power.  That yearning weakened the walls of the gem letting out bursts of supremacy.  When I saw what he became... was still becoming... what dominance he held... I knew it was supposed to be mine.... It was my destiny!!!  So I took it..,

Declan screamed out again in anguish as he fell onto his hands and knees.  Destruction felt like he was watching a time-lapse movie as every stitch of clothing Chaos/Declan had once been wearing rapidly began to age, pull apart, fall from his body, and disintegrate.  Crouching naked on the floor, was the average body Declan had always possessed.  Lifting his salt and pepper haired head to look at Destruction, his eyes glowed a powerful white.  Laughing hysterically again, Declan began to speak, but as he did, every language since the beginning of time piled on top of each other came out.  Stopping, Declan grabbed his head once more, and in time started to speak again.

• - So hard to focus when one sees everything... when one experiences everything... I was here when time began... I’ve always been here!!  Always expanding... always infinite.  You question if you’re alone in this universe... you are... we are... but there are an infinite amount of planes and an infinite amount of universes with an infinite amount of lives and now I am all of them!!!!  Not wanting to be alone, I... no!!!  Not I!!  We!!!  We created more of me... The Titans.  We ruled over every realm, every plane.  My son...

Declan laughed.

• - Like my own... desired supremacy all for himself.  He found a fragment of existence where We had never been, and he fashioned a prison so strong that no one could escape it.  The key was his own existence.  The energy needed to fashion this prison ripped holes in many of the planes letting creatures easily pass from one to the other.  In your own world... near its beginning... creatures like the Gorgon and the Kraken, and the Minotaur, and you, moved from their planes to this... hundreds of stories are told of them and each one true.  My son used this prison to merge the Titans back into one and hold me there.  He then took this prison, this gem, and he swallowed it.  There in his stomach I lay.  And he ruled over this realm and many others till soon his worshipers began to forget about him and he began to fade.  In his last moments, he fashioned a creature to surround the gem... one of instinct that would never know what it held... Asarualimnunna... and sent it hurling through the planes of existence.  Yearning to return home, it threw itself back through space and time...landing here... before it was originally created… where it fed.  All it wanted was to feed... but it learned, and the unconscious desired more.  Eventually separated from its heart, Asarualimnunna was pitched into its own prison, with only the longing to feed and keep the crystal safe... a jail warden.  Asarualimnunna had to wait for the right moment, and began to break free again using the strongest of energy sources, your rage induced orgasms, to rip open the planes... bringing him closer to what he considers his home to feed.  But I no longer need a jail warden!!!!

Declan called forth Asarualimnunna and he appeared in his true form.  Snarling and snapping, the demon attempted to escape, but it was imprisoned in Declan’s will.  Extending his hand, Declan seized the creature and held it up to look at it.  The demon started to screech as Declan willed every atom of Asarualimnunna to break apart.  Breathing in, he ingested then all.

• - With no guard, the prison was weakened, and my own son began to find kinks in the armour.  I sensed that if left to his own devices, the power within him would only continue to develop.  It is my destiny to rule, to be worshipped, to have supreme knowledge and power at my fingertips!!!!

Declan began to shudder again, his naked body shifting and pulsating.  He cracked the knuckles in his right hand and watched it grow stronger.  The fat around his belly disappeared, and years of age was removed from his face.

• - In all of my years wanting everything, I will now possess it all.  Do you hear me!!!  I made the decision to rip my own heart out!!  I consumed the gem!! I willed the prison to be open!!!  Now we will merge!!  I demand that I become the universe!  Every universe!  I will not Be the false god Asarualimnunna made me.  I will be THE God!!!!

As he spoke, Declan began to get bigger.  His muscles swelled larger with new vitality.

• - My strength, though infinite is limited.  I need worshipers at my feet!! 

Looking at Destruction, Declan called to him.

• - Come and worship at my feet!!

Under no power that was his own, Destruction slunk toward the man that had once been Chaos.  Rising from his crouching position, Declan watched the creature trembling at his feet.

• - Your fear tastes delicious… Wash my feet… with your tongue.

Under duress and under no will of his own, Destruction began to lick clean every inch of Chaos’ feet.  As he licked, he could tell that they were starting to get slightly larger, longer, and thicker.  Declan’s voice was even deeper as he spoke again.

• - Yes!!!  I can feel my power growing stronger!!  I have learned so much from each of you... what symbolizes power and influences fear and worship.  Fuck!!!!  There are no words you would understand to tell you how feel!!  Don’t stop licking!!  

Destruction felt his own tongue growing longer and thicker in his mouth.  Declan was compelling this to materialize so that he could now lick more surface areas of his growing feet.

• - Do you worship me, Destruction?
  • - Yes.
  • - Will you give me everything I desire?  Think before you answer
  • - Yes!
  • - That’s all I needed to hear.

Destruction began to be elevated off of the floor by invisible hands.

• - My first creation, you have served me well.  

Before Destruction could even scream, Declan separated all of his atoms and breathed him in.  With a grin on his face, Declan could feel Destruction’s life force filling him up.  His muscles swelled larger on his entire body as all that had been Destruction became his.

The man grew taller and taller, reviling in the power he possessed.  Flexing his biceps, they plumped up thicker and denser, his traps elongated and filled with pound after pound of muscle.

His legs, once short and weak became columns of muscles, forcing him to have a wider stance.  His midsection, freed of fat, began to bulk up with cobblestones of muscle, his skin wrapped tightly around each one, the crevices between each, deep.

All of the matter from Destructions body forced Declan taller and broader, younger and more virile. 

As Declan welcomed the changes his human body was going through, he was finding it more and more difficult to keep his thoughts straight, not knowing what was happening in the past, present, or future; on this plane or the million others.  All he knew was he had to hold on to his sanity until the merging was complete.

His mind reached out and he saw creation and destruction at the same time.  The part of Declan that was still human couldn’t believe that his dearest wishes were coming true one hundred fold.  Once he wished to become a God among men, then he was gifted the image and powers of a God, but even that wasn’t enough.  Now He was merging with and becoming Cronus, the first God... father to Zeus... ruler of everything!!!!

Needing more matter to further fortify his body, Declan reached out and emancipated every atom in the house that surrounded him.  Breathing in, in mere minutes, he ingested the matter of the entire building, furnishings, and plant life that surrounded it.  When complete, he stood in the center of an immense crater in the ground.

The matter from the combination of Destruction as well as the building forced the merging of human and God to quicken.  Cronus fought for complete control over this body, but Declan wouldn’t surrender what was his.  Through his insane will power, he was forcing Cronus to become one with him.  A battle took place within Declan as he proceeded to grow taller and more muscular.  On several planes of existence the two fought for supremacy, yet Declan’s craving for power was overwhelming, even to Cronus himself.  Not admitting defeat but choosing what was perhaps the best option, God and human began to merge.

• - Yes!!!!!  This world... every world is mine!!!!

Suns, stars, black holes, and worlds exploded in thousands of universes across thousands of realms, the matter being dissolved and fed into the emerging God.  The power of eternity rained down on Declan as he began to change.  His hair grew longer and thicker, flowing down past his shoulders, and converting to an intense white colour.

Hair began to sprout on both his chest and face, swiftly filling in and becoming extremely dense.  His facial hair grew into a formidable beard, and both it and his chest hair matched the white locks on his head.  As his beard grew longer, his skin grew younger and firmer until it was impossible to judge his age; he could be 20 or 80 for he was eternal... he was all time.

All Declan could do was grin and experience all that was happening to him.  Comprehending that he was now God was nearly too impossible even for him!!  Supremacy was all he thought!!  I now have supremacy over everything!!!

Declan continued to grow taller and more muscular as he and Cronus merged.  Every organ in his body ceased to exist as there was no longer any need for them.  Like a sun that sat in the middle of the universe that was growing within his body was the gem.  Swirling inside his body were other realms, planets and suns.  Declan was the universe made flesh.

The pecs that developed on his chest pumped up thicker and more dense.    The hair that covered them was copious, but nothing could completely hide the musculature that existed on his body.  

His already wide lats quadrupled in size as his waist tightened, creating the greatest of V shapes.  His traps thickened as his shoulders grew wider.  The arms connected to this immense core bulged out even further with muscle as it traveling down his arms to his forearms and then to his hands.

• - I must hold on!!!  I must not be defeated!!  I must complete the merge!!!

As his left hand grew more and more muscular, Declan’s right hand began to tranform dramatically.  All of the fingers were merging until his arm resembled one enormous column of muscle.  The area where his hand once was commenced turning silver as Declan realized it was now entirely made of indestructible metal.  Touching it with his left hand, he discovered it was solid metal and had absolutely no feeling.  Not contemplating what Cronus was causing, he watched as the right half of the extremity began to grow longer, stretching out away from his body.  It curved slightly as Declan grasped that his right hand was now a gigantic sickle.  Swinging it through the air, Declan embraced the weapon that was now a part of his body.  It had been what Cronus had forged the universe with and maintained control, and now it would be a part of them permanently.

Declan now stood nearly 14 feet tall and several tons of ripped, bulging muscles.  As the wind tore past is naked body, he tried to comprehend what he was.  Every sense was heightened a thousand fold.  His physical eyes could see for miles and his inner eyes could see for eternity.  He smelt every smell that ever had been, and heard every thought.  Declan could only grin widely as he embraced all that he was becoming as they merged more and more.

On one item, both Cronus and Declan were in total agreement: Declan knew they needed more size and Chronus believed they could never be big enough.

Reaching out to more and more universes, to more and more realms, they sacrificed them all for matter.  Declan rose taller and taller as hundreds of pounds of muscle was healed upon his body every second.

• - I won’t stop growing!!!  I never have to stop!!  Let me ingest more suns, more worlds to make me go on forever this way!!  FUCK!!!!  What am I becoming??!!!

Declan’s penis, already of considerable size for a human was an embarrassment for Cronus.  With one simple thought, it began to sprout as mighty as his own arm.  Veins the thickness of trees wove around his cock, feeding it, not with blood, but with pure matter from ten thousand suns.  Thicker and longer it rose till the gigantic head could be seen nearing his pecs.  His testicles also grew immense as they filled with ambrosia, the nectar of the Gods.

Declan tried to concentrate on the plane he physically was existing on as worlds being created and then destroyed passed before his eyes.  The voice of Cronus rang out in his head:  

• - You have sampled only an inkling of what I possess.  Turn back now and I’ll let you live.
  • - Give me it all!!!  We will merge!!!
  • - SO BE IT!!!!

Declan screamed as he was given everything he desired.  He yearned for power… and discovered he was power.  Anything he desired was at his command.  With a mere movement of his pinky, entire worlds would stop turning.  He would reign supreme forever for he was eternal…immortal.  He could punish for no reason, or rain wealth down on the needy.  He was life… he was death.  He was destruction.  He was growth.  He began and ended everything.  He was God.

Declan and Cronus ceased to exist as two entities any longer but together as one mighty force.  This is how it always was and always would be.  When they spoke, they spoke in unison but in a chorus of two voices; both deep and soul consuming.

A mere thought might haunt Cronus as they remembered that at one time a piece of them had been human, but that no longer mattered.  Cronus was everything. 

Standing thirty feel tall and hundreds of tons of muscle, Cronus took in their surroundings.  The world had changed since their imprisonment, and not for the better.  Now that they had returned, the world should return to how it once was.  With this desire, hundreds of humans transformed into Gorgons, ,Harpies and Sirens, Cyclops’s and Minotaur’s, Chimaera’s and Dragons, and Demons.  The world of myth of… chaos… would once again reign.

Humans flocked outside to see them in all of their glory.  Standing proudly in their nakedness, they began to walk, their powerful footsteps echoing for hundred of miles around.  As they made their way, they would walk right through buildings leaving them intact.  They would come to them out of respect, not out of fear… yet.  Admiring this world, they grew larger, soon standing over 50 feet tall, then 60 feet tall, then 70.  Their musculature was beyond measurement as there had never been any creature so immense.  Without opening their mouth they spoke to everyone at once.

• - We have returned.  We are Cronus and We will worshiped.  You will build temples to Us, make sacrifices to Us, and honor Us.  In return, We will allow you to live.  Anger Us, and We will rain fire down destroying you all.

Cronus’ body burst into flames, every inch of them living fire.  Their eyes were fire, their hair and beard were fire, their cock was fire.

• - We have returned and we will reign supreme!!

These words rocked Jacob as he was running back to the bath house to get Eros, and hoped he wasn't too late.

These words woke Zeus from his slumber. 

These words echoed through every world on every plane through eternity.  The sovereignty of Cronus had begun.

I'd have to say, this chapter sets up the antagonist-protagonist struggle in a way that makes me very nervous for "the good guys."  But that is the art of writing, isn't it?  I can't wait to read the next bit.  The tension must eventually resolve and hopefully Eros will be on the winner's side.  Fingers crossed.  The molding of Chaos and Cronus give me shivers...